Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you hate the most about Nightwave S3 The glass maker?

killerKronos23

The whole thing.  Those episodes and little tests that caused nothing but frustration and made me quit on episode 1 never to be able to get the weapon.  I can't stand those type of outside of game mechanic tests.  The stupid MR tests are bad enough but then that was over the top.  The damn things spawning every time you try to crack a riven and messing things up. Same with scanning unalerted things. Show up and alert everything.  Don't get me started on the bugs.......

I just got bored of it by September, (a month after part 4 and a month away from part 5). Even basically binning it off by November I still passively got enough standing to be rank 121 by the end and then bought 300k worth of Kuva because there was nothing better to buy.

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

8LEhCDA.jpg

We got an 18 day warning. It's right there next to navigation. 

In defense of that person, it's possible to never visit the news console because it sits further back and behind the navigation console. I don't think there was any news in the launcher about how many days were left in Nightwave either, but I'm not sure.

IMO It would make more sense to have the news in the same spot as the radio transmissions on the ramp, so that players walk might past news updates regularly.

---------------

To answer the OP, the only thing I didn't like was the crime scenes. Very slow first person movement in totally empty areas. It could've been more interesting maybe if Nora was physically there investigating the scene with us, and if someone was stuck after a long time maybe she would just find a clue for us, or say 'I think I see something over here', helping to narrow down the search. There were definitely scenes where I was completely guessing, and clicking on anything. I know the locations were randomised, but I had to look at guides to know what the things I needed to find actually looked like.

I did like the boss, I like his design and thought the fight was a good test of movement and timing. I didn't have to have a special build or use rare items to win. It was made so that anyone could beat it with practice.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

Just the people complaining about it. 

Glassed enemies take literally 1 second to get rid of, and I like Nora's voice.

I agree and I don't get all the hate.

If I had to pick something, the detective work felt very, very raw in content, but only due to the very slow movement.

How long it lasted. While the main offenders where the glassed enemies showing up everywhere, they where an issue because it A LOT. 9 months? Like, any kind of "invasion" will be unbearable at that point.

Outside of that, I liked it way more than any other nightwave, specially the "final boss battle".

14 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Yes, as it helps people band together. I doubt they will band against DE in a more literal fashion than sharing the things that were annoying in this.

Indeed. That was my point. It should be clear to anyone with a objectively functional brain what creating "an enemy" (to hate) leads to, as this is a stupid and destructive tactic that can be seen everywhere (school, sport, institutions, countries, politics, you name it...). It is stupid because there can be (at best) only short-term wins (try and think about an example where there has been progress by "hating"...). It even makes the haters stupid because it is always built on selected misconceptions and non-realworld "facts", since you have to do this in order to be one-sided enough to create the enemy you need to "hate".

The onesidedness and hate leads to polarization, and polarization is what creates this "banding together". All it is built on a "common hate", which is completely and totally different from having a common goal. Or to put it another way: such "us vs them"-polarizations never lead anywhere, because there is no common goal, only a common "hate". If they make any progress at all, they will splinter (since the participants all have different goals, they are united by a common hate only). 

There are a lot of real-world examples of this, both ongoing and historical, small and large. So, I'll reiterate: knowing all this, is "hate" really we should be focusing on if the goal is to make something "better"...?

The detective minigames felt so bad that I didn't bother to progress that nightwave story at all.

Also, after this long, the glassed enemies are becoming annoying, especially during certain steel path missions or in RJ.

Nora's voice doesn't bother me anymore because I muted her.

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

I agree and I don't get all the hate.

"Be careful tenno, if the Wardens detect you, they will trigger the execution sequence."

> Wardens on the other side of the tile immediately turn to glass, triggers the execution sequence.

We just don't like failing things through no fault of our own. Stealth in this game needs help already, and a year-long event that effectively invalidates stealth at random is not helping.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

And the glass enemies. If i could have, i would have waited until Nora was glass until ending Nihil. The oh so SWEET SILENCE.

Oh, if only we could have done this. Hell, I'd have gladly foregone the sword and left Nihil alive if he'd promise to get rid of Nora and then leave me alone.

So, that makes:

-The glass-hole invasions.

-The godawful slow crawl through a 3D pixel hunt. Classic point and click adventure games are bad enough, but a) you can at least move the mouse as fast as you want and b) the interaction points tended to sparkle or wiggle. Here? God no.

-Nora spamming my screen with popups that I have zero interest in seeing. Microsoft solved this in IE. MICROSOFT. There's no reason why TennOS should have this problem x-thousand years into the future.

The clues rooms and the time it was on. I hated both those things.

The boss was fine, even good I might say.
The weapon is great.
The glass enemies were annoying but nothing too much.
It was just toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

The glassed enemies. What was especially annoying to me was that in both previous NW episodes there were complaints about their respective enemy spawns being annoying and yet they did it again for a third time by adding arguably the most annoying one yet. Maybe it wouldn't have been really annoying if the next part wasn't a thing too.

The duration in general. I remember saying I wonder how well they can maintain and supply new, not really monetized NW content to keep it fresh when it was initially announced. If anything episode three made very clear: they can't. Yeah, yeah Covid. It was what? Eleven months of Glassmaker? Even if Covid wasn't a thing and we'd cut it in half we'd still look at a 5 1/2 months "battle pass".

The investigations. I don't know, maybe that's a personal issue but walking at a snail's speed in first person trying to find something while weird graphical effects shine over everything or items actually don't spawn in is actually aggrevating to me.

Overall, if you hear players say: "I'm glad it's over!" and there's this general sense of relieve that it's gone some things probably could benefit from being brainstormed about, revised and approached differently the next time around. I think that's a fair statement to make.

---

To end it on a positive note: I didn't mind the boss at all. It was a pretty cool fight in my opinion. I found the addition of some Conclave mods to the shop and to PvE was an interesting idea and would like to see more and different ones added in future episodes.

3 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

I did like the boss, I like his design and thought the fight was a good test of movement and timing. I didn't have to have a special build or use rare items to win. It was made so that anyone could beat it with practice.

This, It was nice to have a mechanical boss fight for a change without any nonsense, miniature weak points or other crap, and it gave me an excuse to take Zephyr out for a change. 

Thankfully we have a Nora mute now, however itd be nice not to see her face either.

7 hours ago, Liljeman said:

The too easy access rewards like Umbral forma, could be reserved for more hardcore content.

To be fair, it's 1 umbra forma every 6 months at this rate. It might be relatively easy, but there's no way you're going to stockpile enough to make a whole suite of umbral frames.

Glass enemies in open world, mainly deimos. Glass enemies only annoyed me when deimos came out and i was trying to learn the new open world.

And the bad thing about deimos glass enemies is that the resonance forcefully spawn enemies by you while other open worlds you had to seek out the glass.

Series lasted longer than it should seeing so many extensions was frustrating as i wanted intermission 3 to show up so i could work on a new reward track.

On 2021-01-24 at 8:37 AM, killerKronos23 said:

What did you hate the most about Nightwave S3 The glass maker? 

Players complaining, as always, is the thing I dislike the most.

This round of NW was fine by me, I did some stuff, got some stuff, and went along about my life.

I don't see the point of rabble-rousing about it.

17 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I disliked it because I only got to level 178 and not the 180. or prestige 148 if that's more understandable.

Seriously though the time it ran was way way way way way over the expected run time.

While fishing when the glassed morons died they blew up everything in the area which was good, except for MY DAMN FISH. :facepalm:

Until they increased the cap getting glass enemies in a mission was a pain in the rear, they gave nothing.

Someone finished with 177, I am at 161 (only skipped some dailies during the season)

I made this post before series ended, hoping DE woul've addressed it before yesterday but too late I guess. Go check it out: Give completionists a chance to hit the cap of current Nightwave - Missions & Levels - Warframe Forums

The glass enemies that should have been easier to take out with a precision weapon but were more readily dispatched with a melee, kind of rendering the whole "hit the precise weakpoint" gimmick pointless. That's my top one just because there's such squandered potential. (Compare with Exploiter Orb weakpoints)

Some equippable to turn off those enemy spawns in the future in solo would be cool, BTW.

The Nihil boss fight removing all gear was pretty "meh". It'd be one thing to have to make him vulnerable so we can lay in with our weapons, but we didn't really get that opportunity. Maybe they didn't do that because our weapons lie on such disparate ends of the power scale that the fight would either be impossible or easy.

Also, RNG on the crime scenes. It's basically a puzzle (well an object search but, y'know, puzzle-ish), and puzzles are where you don't want randomness. Because, if I'm stuck and looking up a guide, I might be lucky that the guide matches my layout - but it probably doesn't. So I have to wait not just for one guide but a compilation of a bunch of guides to try and un-stick myself.

Kind of highlighting some of the problems with the core game itself actually...

Wasn't really that bad, all things considered. The nature of it is a bit grating because, y'know, grind, but I kind of liked the idea behind the Nihil fight, and the crime scene stuff was an interesting way to tell a story and get some insight into the Warframe world. It's just the things that made those bits drag on: the RNG on crime scenes that made it more frustrating than fun to explore and the glass enemies that just, kept, coming. And those little things really chaff when grind is involved.

Archived