Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you hate the most about Nightwave S3 The glass maker?

killerKronos23

Nora's repetitive and annoying lines coupled with the ones where she says she doesn't know who's behind the glassing even though she was the one who told us who Nihil was early on the storyline, I'm indifferent about the glassed enemies themselves, I'm not a stealth player and they were not even hard to deal with so couldn't care less about them.

Something else that annoyed me was that the WHOLE time we were thrown only glassed enemies, why not up the challenge a bit by actually making a new type of enemy that's introduced like half way if not at the last chapter of this nightwave, to idk, try to break the monotony? like how the Wolf's gang progressively got more aggressive as the nightwave went on.

There was no real escalation to any of it, didn't feel like there was any sort of real threat.  With the Wolf you'd run into his underlings more and more until the man himself would show up and wreck house.  With the Emissary it had the Devotees showing up if you get downed to rez you and help with the fight, and ultimately culminated in the twist that the good guys aren't so good and then you having to deal with the ramped up Infested Zealots.  With Glass Maker it was the same things since day one; every 20 minutes or so a group of enemies will get glassed no matter the mission, shoot the glass get cred.  Less a threat, more a nuisance. Nora decried the Glass Maker as one of the worst things that could happen to the system, yet we only see 4 people get glassed in a "meaningful" way.  I can see what DE was trying to do in trying to make Nora an endearing character, but with her repeating the same 4 or 5 canned lines ever 20 minutes, even after Nihil's defeat, really kills it.  The boss fight was interesting, think I ran it 3 times, sword's neat and I can see how other people can like it but it's not for me.  The only real meaningful take away from this entire NW run, for me anyway, was just the number of potatoes I farmed and a new decoration for my dojo.

TL/DR: No Escalation, No Real Meaningful Payoff, Got Potatoes

The entire thing honestly, the cosmetic rewards were sparse and not as well done as in previous nightwave events.  The glass enemies were annoying, the final boss event wasn't very good design wise. 

Above all of those, the awful detective mode should never have been made.  Had DE actually play tested any of that they would have seen how bad it was and maybe they would have taken it out of made significant changes to it.

What I disliked most was the "murder mystery investigation" part.

I've never enjoyed the "hide and seek" type missions in Warframe, and being forced to go SUUUUPER slow was absolute cancer.  And it never felt at all like I was actually a detective.  Just moving around like a geriatric tenno till I see the very slightly glowing thing, screenshot it, and drop it into a cheat sheet on my second monitor for later.

No fun at all.  Just an entirely boring chore.  Supposedly some people actually liked it, but personally I don't get the appeal.

Probably the fact that the final boss seemed to be more reasonable than Nora. For the whole duration of the boss fight and lead up to it, I was wondering if I couldn't just let Nihil glass Nora and then try to make a deal to limit his reach, but still let him work as an ally to the Tenno. The fact that I had to save someone I had little more than contempt for and put down someone who I thought was worthwhile (albeit crazy enough that something had to be done) was very frustrating.

Pro:

1) Vitrica is a very cool looking weapon, I loved the fact you get it after killing a Boss, instead of the usual farm and assembly. The mechanic is interesting but I would change it into a chance to vitrify with every attack, as it was a proc + aerial attack with aoe Vitrify.

2) I enjoyed the Fight with Nihil

3) The concept of Nora was interesting, even tho her voice was a bit flat and uninteresting considering how important it was for her whole concept.

Cons:

1) Too much repetition: scene crimes to pixel hunt and jumping on the platform with the right clues were interesting the first time, and even a bit this time. But I would make it into a standard for all nightwaves.

2) Scene Crimes: Movements are not simply slow, they are torturing slow, and I dislike the fact you have literally no idea of what the items are and moreover WHAT IS INTERACTABLE. I mean I would have more appreciated if the room was just full of items interactable with each one a clue and you had to figure out what happened.

3) GLASSED ENEMIES: too high frequency, really annoying to deal with...so many runs ruined and annoyance that made me hate Nora's voice. I mean if just this was shut down, I would have enjoyed this nw much more.

Archived