Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ropalolyst help

ZXVI

Question

First off, this issue most likely is a result of me being way too underequipped to deal with the boss, but I just want a second opinion.

How in the world do the synovias function? I get the gist of the fight, drive the ropalolyst into the reactors, then shoot the synovia and drop a laser on it. The thing is, I can hit the synovias for thirty minutes until mission failure imminent, and it is never destroyed.

Again, it's probably cause I am underequipped as I was doing about 500 damage per shot with Paris, or 100 damage with some sniper, or doing who knows what with a mote amp, but even then, shouldn't ten, twenty or thirty minutes of almost continuous damage do something?

Basically, what I want to ask is: how much damage do the synovias take? And do they regenerate even before they are destroyed? The wiki was rather vague on these points, and aside from the grabs I had no other issues surviving, just damaging the boss.

Not sure why no one is answering your question, but I'll help.  Looking at the values on Rolypoly's wiki page, it seems like it should have around 44k health:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ropalolyst

At 500 damage per hit, that's 44 hits per synovia?  The fight is also quite buggy at later stages, so I would definitely recommend coming back when you can deal much more damage.  Also remember that mission failure occurs when you wait too long between killing things, so remember to kill something right outside the boss room, and kill at least one of the subs that it summons.  It took a few tries, but I beat it solo around your MR (IIRC, with a 111 Amp and a well-modded Hek?), so it's definitely doable.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well at least you got it done 😄

Remember Warframe is a marathon not a sprint. If I have one piece of advice for a new player it's to enjoy the journey cos otherwise you'll reach the destination and have nothing left to do. 

Sincerely, a bored veteran... ☹️ 

Yep, really regretted it every time I tried to rush something in this game. Gonna take it real slow from here (wisp was the Warframe I wanted the most lol)

3 minutes ago, ZXVI said:

Hahahaha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHA. Finally beat the boss with a mote amp and angstrum and paris when I started the mission on a whim. Best hour I ever wasted on a boss ever. Now to actually start building weapons and mods and amps to take it down properly.

I want to cry

Well at least you got it done 😄

Remember Warframe is a marathon not a sprint. If I have one piece of advice for a new player it's to enjoy the journey cos otherwise you'll reach the destination and have nothing left to do. 

Sincerely, a bored veteran... ☹️ 

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Happy to help. Honestly speaking, the mote amp is horrible and you should upgrade from it. All the gear in that run is fairly easy to acquire or you can use the non-prime equivalents to just as much effect. Just remember that boss was added AFTER we'd all farmed Fortuna, eidolons etc. When the mote amp was added, the toughest test was the Teralyst. This is simply an optional boss fight that was added to show off the new Jupiter Gas City tileset, it wasn't aimed at being part of the learning curve from planet to planet which is why it feels like such a gear check for you.

Hahahaha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHA. Finally beat the boss with a mote amp and angstrum and paris when I started the mission on a whim. Best hour I ever wasted on a boss ever. Now to actually start building weapons and mods and amps to take it down properly.

I want to cry

Don‘t put yourself under pressure, if it doesn‘t work out now. The Ropalolyst was the last node I played on the starchart, after I finished all other planets. And even then I wasn‘t really ready for that, at least not solo.

Concerning the Amp, I suggest to spend some nights on the Plains of Eidolon to hunt the Vomvalysts around the lakes and collect some Cetus Wisps and then build a 1-1-1 at least. That one is easy to get and is enough to take down the shields of the R. The Fortuna Amps are surely great, but getting them means a lot of work, if you don‘t the needed standing there yet. Depends on how fast (soon) you want to take this Boss down. 

5 minutes ago, ZXVI said:

Thanks a lot. Definitely shows what the boss should feel like (and now my goal to reach). While I defiantly need to upgrade my amp, I found the mote amp sufficient to whittle the shields and I just struggled as I had to use it to save ammo as my primary wasn't doing enough damage and I wasted my angstrum shots which carried me through the first stage. Well, off I go grinding before I attempt it again :')

Happy to help. Honestly speaking, the mote amp is horrible and you should upgrade from it. All the gear in that run is fairly easy to acquire or you can use the non-prime equivalents to just as much effect. Just remember that boss was added AFTER we'd all farmed Fortuna, eidolons etc. When the mote amp was added, the toughest test was the Teralyst. This is simply an optional boss fight that was added to show off the new Jupiter Gas City tileset, it wasn't aimed at being part of the learning curve from planet to planet which is why it feels like such a gear check for you.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

@ZXVI I want to emphasise how much it is your gear holding you back mate and why I say go and focus on that. This is how the fight can and should look once you're moderately geared. I didn't bother utilising any crazy parkour, operator stuff etc to make it faster I just stuck to the basics. Wukong build is just some duration and survivability, you don't need anything else, it's just to stay in cloud walker longer. Rubico build is just crit and multishot mods(I took out my riven for this), radiation and cold damage, Stropha is really only for taking out sentients fast but you can use whatever for them or just ignore them entirely. The amp is the Klamora prism I recommended you from Fortuna, the only thing you might need to do is a second blast from your amp cos I have more amp energy due to focus skill tree investment. Bear in mind this fight was added after a lot of existing things so it's designed for players who have a lot of gear, which is why you're struggling. 

2 fun things of note in this video, the Ropalolyst fell off the platform at the end resulting in instantly spawning on top of me and grabbing me which felt rather unfair lol. And that Vengeful Revenant that dropped from a Conculyst has a 2% drop chance... what a fluke.

Any questions about what I did or why, just ask. Go get a Klamora prism.

Thanks a lot. Definitely shows what the boss should feel like (and now my goal to reach). While I defiantly need to upgrade my amp, I found the mote amp sufficient to whittle the shields and I just struggled as I had to use it to save ammo as my primary wasn't doing enough damage and I wasted my angstrum shots which carried me through the first stage. Well, off I go grinding before I attempt it again :')

@ZXVI I want to emphasise how much it is your gear holding you back mate and why I say go and focus on that. This is how the fight can and should look once you're moderately geared. I didn't bother utilising any crazy parkour, operator stuff etc to make it faster I just stuck to the basics. Wukong build is just some duration and survivability, you don't need anything else, it's just to stay in cloud walker longer. Rubico build is just crit and multishot mods(I took out my riven for this), radiation and cold damage, Stropha is really only for taking out sentients fast but you can use whatever for them or just ignore them entirely. The amp is the Klamora prism I recommended you from Fortuna, the only thing you might need to do is a second blast from your amp cos I have more amp energy due to focus skill tree investment. Bear in mind this fight was added after a lot of existing things so it's designed for players who have a lot of gear, which is why you're struggling. 

2 fun things of note in this video, the Ropalolyst fell off the platform at the end resulting in instantly spawning on top of me and grabbing me which felt rather unfair lol. And that Vengeful Revenant that dropped from a Conculyst has a 2% drop chance... what a fluke.

Any questions about what I did or why, just ask. Go get a Klamora prism.

17 hours ago, ZXVI said:

How in the world do the synovias function? I get the gist of the fight, drive the ropalolyst into the reactors, then shoot the synovia and drop a laser on it. The thing is, I can hit the synovias for thirty minutes until mission failure imminent, and it is never destroyed.

Unlike a Teralyst, the Ropalolyst Synovias do not shatter when they run out of health

17 hours ago, ZXVI said:

Again, it's probably cause I am underequipped as I was doing about 500 damage per shot with Paris, or 100 damage with some sniper, or doing who knows what with a mote amp, but even then, shouldn't ten, twenty or thirty minutes of almost continuous damage do something?

That is entirely too little damage. You want to be doing in the tens of thousands

42 minutes ago, ZXVI said:

Yep, I got close to final stage but ran out of time. Currently, my plan is to sell my spare mods, run index for credits and upgrade my amp before trying again. I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Thanks for the help :)

Ideally you want an amp with the Klamora prism from Vox Solaris on Fortuna. With that amp I can pop the shields before the ropalolyst can get back in the air. And you can 1 shot the synovias with a decent sniper or gunblade. It all comes down to your modding, I always recommend new players just get those rank 10 mods to rank 8 because you only gain 10% extra bonus for rank 10 and it costs 3 times as much in credits and endo from 8 to 10.

50 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

So many replies are from blocked forum members. OP does have patience of a saint @Deeceem 🤣

Back to topic, i agree with @-CdG-Zilchy. You might want to do something else for a while, there are plenty of other fun activities in warframe. You can always come back and kick the huge turkey's butt when you're stronger.

Yep, I got close to final stage but ran out of time. Currently, my plan is to sell my spare mods, run index for credits and upgrade my amp before trying again. I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Thanks for the help :)

2 hours ago, ZXVI said:

Now I gotta suffer the jackal fight at 10fps all over again :(

Off topic. I also have a budget build PC.  My solution is to play warframe in window mode and make the window significantly small. Also made other changes to sqeeze the fps out of my pc :crylaugh:

• To post pictures, I save them on Imgur, and then on the forums I click "insert image from URL".
Spoiler

RvLlrwV.png

The settings Geometry Detail and Local Reflections, I would suggest putting those on Low and Off. I was only able to start using those when I equiped Epic game launcher instead of Steam.

Hope this helps with Jackal fight!

51 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Not sure why no one is answering your question, but I'll help.  Looking at the values on Rolypoly's wiki page, it seems like it should have around 44k health:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ropalolyst

At 500 damage per hit, that's 44 hits per synovia?  The fight is also quite buggy at later stages, so I would definitely recommend coming back when you can deal much more damage.  Also remember that mission failure occurs when you wait too long between killing things, so remember to kill something right outside the boss room, and kill at least one of the subs that it summons.  It took a few tries, but I beat it solo around your MR (IIRC, with a 111 Amp and a well-modded Hek?), so it's definitely doable.

Yep, thanks. Now I feel like an idiot cause I didn't think the boss health included the synovias. Yeah the mission failure is a pain, was so close to final stage but mission failed just as I dropped the giant laser cause I thought trying to kill it with a mote amp was better than using a bow when it bugged out and stopped moving. The bugs are hilariously annoying though, falling off the map after transference, delay in entering operator when grabbed, being grabbed immediately after revival, the ropalolyst walking off the map and so on. I think I'm close though, so I'll try again with a better game plan soon. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Honestly it does sound like it's your gear, when you mention things like "mote amp" and "paris" that really says it all for me. I think you'd be best off looking for some stronger weaponry and investing some forma into all your gear.

Yep, definitely. However, after changing some mods and stuff around, it's currently going well. Outside the fact that the ropalolyst keeps walking off the map

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Problem with endo is not the problem with weapons
Its like you can have best PC in the world but you dont have any hard drive and so you cant set anywhere operating system
Or you have newest up to date operating system but you dont have a PC

In both cases you have nothing same goes with weapons and mods

But in case of mods you will use them across many weapons so its wise to upgrade them anyway
Overframe have tons of tons of builds u can look on what mods ppl mostly use and concentrate on upgrading that mods

And 1 weapon you should care to get is Stropha it drops from jackal with heavy attack build (many can be found on overframe) you will melt bosses like butter
But it also require upgraded mods so for now just keep playing and as a tip i can leave you with

NEVER EVER sell duplicate modes for credits
Only for endo 

Keep playing from time to time and sell mods for endo and as for credits go to inventory click sort by and choose quantity/owned
Now in search bar type blueprint
And sell all ur oberons harrows gorgons and all crap that you have many many many copies of but leave 1 piece of each just in case

And soon enough you will have everything u need ;)

Thanks, didn't know about the stropha. Now I gotta suffer the jackal fight at 10fps all over again :(

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

OP has the patience of a saint. I would have snapped immediately at most of these responses that just imply a lot of S#&$ about them.

Your question was fine and you explained yourself well. The responses were just mostly unnecissarily S#&$.

Your question was about the regeneration/hp was already answered. I just wanted to add to the good radiation advice that a weapon with high crit and single high damaging attacks tends to perform better than let's say a fast firing status chance weapon. Usually something like the Stropha or Redeemer Prime with a heavy attack build is pretty meta for this and other fights. So, while these are out of reach right now for you due to MR restrictions I figured it was worth mentioning so you can choose the better tool from what you have and possibly to keep an eye on one of those two weapons in the future since they are pretty useful problem solvers to have.

Cheers.

Thanks very much, am currently trying the fight with radiation and high single damage and it's working out fine so far. Damage is still much to be desired though :(

29 minutes ago, ZXVI said:

Okay, thanks again. Nice to know they don't regenerate. I'm probably not explaining myself really well, but from YouTube vids and stuff, I saw that some people can break the synovias in one or two hits, and I was hoping someone can tell me what damage they dealt in those hits so I can calculate how crap my damage is in comparison to know if I'm wasting my time.

Since they can't regenerate though, I guess I can just try and whittle them down now with confidence so thanks 😃.

PS, the upgrade thing is cause I'm currently really low on endo, so if I don't have to upgrade mods to beat the boss, I'd rather not upgrade just yet. And my limited weapon slots are full of bad weapons that will take forever for me to level and replace with better stuff

Problem with endo is not the problem with weapons
Its like you can have best PC in the world but you dont have any hard drive and so you cant set anywhere operating system
Or you have newest up to date operating system but you dont have a PC

In both cases you have nothing same goes with weapons and mods

But in case of mods you will use them across many weapons so its wise to upgrade them anyway
Overframe have tons of tons of builds u can look on what mods ppl mostly use and concentrate on upgrading that mods

And 1 weapon you should care to get is Stropha it drops from jackal with heavy attack build (many can be found on overframe) you will melt bosses like butter
But it also require upgraded mods so for now just keep playing and as a tip i can leave you with

NEVER EVER sell duplicate modes for credits
Only for endo 

Keep playing from time to time and sell mods for endo and as for credits go to inventory click sort by and choose quantity/owned
Now in search bar type blueprint
And sell all ur oberons harrows gorgons and all crap that you have many many many copies of but leave 1 piece of each just in case

And soon enough you will have everything u need ;)

OP has the patience of a saint. I would have snapped immediately at most of these responses that just imply a lot of S#&$ about them.

Your question was fine and you explained yourself well. The responses were just mostly unnecissarily S#&$.

Your question was about the regeneration/hp was already answered. I just wanted to add to the good radiation advice that a weapon with high crit and single high damaging attacks tends to perform better than let's say a fast firing status chance weapon. Usually something like the Stropha or Redeemer Prime with a heavy attack build is pretty meta for this and other fights. So, while these are out of reach right now for you due to MR restrictions I figured it was worth mentioning so you can choose the better tool from what you have and possibly to keep an eye on one of those two weapons in the future since they are pretty useful problem solvers to have.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Ow i didnt address it
Well as far as i know synovia do not regenerate or at least i never experienced it happening

As for damage let me explain it to you again
If wiki dont have HP value of synovia
What do you want us to do? Go to ropalolyst fight with it and each time we damage synovia remember damage we make or at least try to spot it in heat of the fight write it down and repeat until its destroyed?
Then sum it up and give u +/- number?

As for your statement about should you upgrade
Nah dont upgrade
Keep ur junk as it is i bet it will turn out well for you
Boi you literally just asked should you do something to do more damage or not? 

Here is gold mine for you 
https://overframe.gg

All you need for now is on that site

Okay, thanks again. Nice to know they don't regenerate. I'm probably not explaining myself really well, but from YouTube vids and stuff, I saw that some people can break the synovias in one or two hits, and I was hoping someone can tell me what damage they dealt in those hits so I can calculate how crap my damage is in comparison to know if I'm wasting my time.

Since they can't regenerate though, I guess I can just try and whittle them down now with confidence so thanks 😃.

PS, the upgrade thing is cause I'm currently really low on endo, so if I don't have to upgrade mods to beat the boss, I'd rather not upgrade just yet. And my limited weapon slots are full of bad weapons that will take forever for me to level and replace with better stuff

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Apoleon_amarr said:

Show your build, also remember that he is weak to radiation 

Thanks for the tip, that's what I'm trying now. Sorry, I don't think it's necessary to show my build as I know it sucks (and frankly I don't know how to show it), I was just hoping to understand how many hitpoints the ropalolyst synovias have so I can compare it to my current dps

5 minutes ago, ZXVI said:

Okay? Thanks? I was just wondering how much damage the synovias can take and whether or not they regen, so I can know if I am wasting my time on it or not.

I'm not asking for help defeating the boss, I was just hoping someone could give me a raw health value for the synovias so I can know whether my current damage is enough to whittle it down myself or if I should go upgrade my mods further. With how numbers obsessed everyone seems to be, I thought someone will have a ballpark guess about this. Besides, I enjoy playing solo, but not when I'm wasting my time with an unbeatable boss, which is why I'm asking this. Don't get why you need to be so mad about it.

Ow i didnt address it
Well as far as i know synovia do not regenerate or at least i never experienced it happening

As for damage let me explain it to you again
If wiki dont have HP value of synovia
What do you want us to do? Go to ropalolyst fight with it and each time we damage synovia remember damage we make or at least try to spot it in heat of the fight write it down and repeat until its destroyed?
Then sum it up and give u +/- number?

As for your statement about should you upgrade
Nah dont upgrade
Keep ur junk as it is i bet it will turn out well for you
Boi you literally just asked should you do something to do more damage or not? 

Here is gold mine for you 
https://overframe.gg

All you need for now is on that site

hace 3 minutos, ZXVI dijo:

Okay? Thanks? I was just wondering how much damage the synovias can take and whether or not they regen, so I can know if I am wasting my time on it or not.

I'm not asking for help defeating the boss, I was just hoping someone could give me a raw health value for the synovias so I can know whether my current damage is enough to whittle it down myself or if I should go upgrade my mods further. With how numbers obsessed everyone seems to be, I thought someone will have a ballpark guess about this. Besides, I enjoy playing solo, but not when I'm wasting my time with an unbeatable boss, which is why I'm asking this. Don't get why you need to be so mad about it.

Show your build, also remember that he is weak to radiation 

Archived