Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom solo highscore & tactics?

(NSW)M0rgarath

Question

So i did a couple solo 36 orphix runs on endurance. Most points i got so far was around 20.5k. What score can one expect at most from a solo run? Is there a guide how to optimize scores for solo? I only found good ones for squads, not sure if all said there applies to solo. 

I know that in a good organized 4-man squad 30-50k are achievable and doing it in a (good) squad should result in faster farming compared to solo. However, especially playing on switch, the possibility to interrupt your session at any time and continue later will result in me doing more solo than squad runs. 

Currently i'm using a 6 forma voidrig build, a 5 forma fluctus for the resonators and a combat discipline inaros with dispensary + vizier predasite for extra mech healing. So far i mostly killed the orphix asap without going that much after the sentients and always placed myself at the tile the next orphix would spawn. Is it even adviseable as solo player to delay killing an orphix and go after sentient kills? You have to outpace the passive point gain you would get with no orphix around, sentients seem to be rather scarce and if you mistime and the second orphix pops up before you are at its tile you loose a lot of points on the way to the new one etc. Advanced strategies used in squads that involve juggling multiple orphixes are impossible etc. 

3 answers to this question

I did read it.
And since I didn't know how much you know I gave you the guide which covers the most important parts, like equipment/gear etc.

Your main questions would be: can I kill sentients faster/more efficient than the passive timer. That's the same main question as in 4 player squads.
If yes: Keep it alive as long as possible and farm them.
If no: Kill it as fast as possible and get the passive points.

There isn't much more in the event you could do.

Spawn locations are the same as for 4 player squads, sentients are the same (maybe the spawn rate differs due to being solo) and handling the orphixes is also the same. Keep the good tile orphix alive as long as possible or kill all as fast as possible if you can't kill sentients fast enough.

But for efficient cell farming it's still the best to have a premade squad or at least players who know how the event works.
(Yes, this wasn't your question. I know.)

1 minute ago, Dark_Lugia said:

I did read it.
And since I didn't know how much you know I gave you the guide which covers the most important parts, like equipment/gear etc.

Your main questions would be: can I kill sentients faster/more efficient than the passive timer. That's the same main question as in 4 player squads.
If yes: Keep it alive as long as possible and farm them.
If no: Kill it as fast as possible and get the passive points.

There isn't much more in the event you could do.

Spawn locations are the same as for 4 player squads, sentients are the same (maybe the spawn rate differs due to being solo) and handling the orphixes is also the same. Keep the good tile orphix alive as long as possible or kill all as fast as possible if you can't kill sentients fast enough.

But for efficient cell farming it's still the best to have a premade squad or at least players who know how the event works.
(Yes, this wasn't your question. I know.)

Thanks. Do you happen to know what solo scores were achieved so far? Since there doesn't seem to be a solo run leaderboard unfortunately. If it is common knowledge that you can't reach really much higher scores than 19-21k solo then i might as well stop trying and just live with it. 

I think i just experiment around a bit trying to get a better score... In general missions enemy spawn rates seem less solo compared to squad play, so i assumed that this might also be true for the event. In my runs so far i encountered varying amounts of sentients depending on location, with what azn calls the "toilet" rooms barely spawning any visible sentients even after entering the second resonator phase. Other rooms are a bit better, but since sentients provide not that much points unfortunately i basically have to kill 1+ of them consistently per second which for me is not a problem of firepower but rather visibility / sentient spawns, even with enemy sense.. With multiple people you can cover different angles and can kill faster, and maybe even have more spawns (if that is so in the event) so doing that has to be much easier. 

I know that doing it with a premade squad is much more efficient, but this requires to dedicate an hour to a run with zero seconds downtime, which is not always possible. Being able to just hit pause whenever i want and continue later is nice. Although i definitely want to do some squad runs too..

21 hours ago, (NSW)M0rgarath said:

If it is common knowledge that you can't reach really much higher scores than 19-21k solo then i might as well stop trying and just live with it.

I'm not sure if it's just me but from a few solo runs (and runs where I carried my buddies), that's pretty much the amount of points I made when rushing the Orphixes. I think the highest I got on rush run was just shy of 21k.

So, better start blasting those sentients if you want higher score. I did try a couple of solo high score run but pretty much stopped at 20 orphixes (solo run is boring for this kind of repetitive grinds for me). Still it's pretty much doable if not troublesome (juggling my attention between the meter and my mech health).

Archived