Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.8 + 29.6.8.1

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, room199 said:

Agreed, the new Mission Results interface is a serious pain. There is a massive lag of multiple seconds while it loads (what the hell is it loading?), during which the interface screen freezes and nothing can be done. Furthermore depending on your connection/processing speed this can lead to the problems noted above. 
The old interface worked fine and loaded instantly, and I think the vast majority of players were perfectly happy with it. 
Once again a change touted as an ‘improvement’ turns out to be a disappointment. 

The improved fashion and looks?  (No, seriously... I  want the old back too... or rather didn't want many things "improved" in the first place and would always prefer a toggle. It would have been completely fine for the eom-screen for example, to just keep the whole structure, but add the theme colors to it)

The mesh-work on the other hand is something I do appreciate, even though it seems to have smudged the textures a bit.

Edit: I just hope long broken stuff gets worked on too. Always glad to see fixes instead of just new stuff

14 hours ago, Radamantis2016 said:

Does it happen to someone else that they finish updating the game and when they start it it freezes on the login screen? Or worse still, it stays frozen looking for updates and does not go from there?

Same here. still no fix in sight it seems.

Updated drivers, did fresh install, checked if dx11 is selected.
Nada.
Game starts for 2-5 seconds on login screen and then freezes.

Just for kicks i let it run like that in bg for about 40 minutes so /maybe/ it would process whatever it needed to but nope.

e: submitted ticket with dmp file, in case it helps

13 hours ago, Tahoma said:

I won't leave you completely empty-handed - go look at the Steam hardware survey, then assume the numbers there could be potentially even lower within Warframe's own playerbase. After that, you could look at the release information for various versions of DirectX. I think you'll find it unlikely that any GPU released after 2010 does not support DIrectX11.

No doubt the developers did the math, and decided that its no longer worth supporting a graphics API that has been considered outdated for the past decade.

Sorry mate.

Just to provide some grounding in data, yes, our statistics indicate that last week fewer than 0.1% of players were using DirectX 10 on video cards that could only do DirectX 10.  We published a warning that DirectX 10 support was ending, last September to give players an opportunity to upgrade.  While we want to support as many systems as is possible to make our game available to the widest number of players as possible,  the reality is that we cannot halt all future technology improvements to the game just to keep supporting min-spec hardware that is now pushing a decade old.  By continuing to make upgrades to our engine and content pipelines that leverage the features of newer DirectX versions, we can make the game do more and look better for the other (literally) 99.9% of players who have DX11+  video hardware.

6 hours ago, WikingSK said:

Hi, tnx for update, but... 

You really think that micro changes in 1-2 pixels in face of the operator its more important as the so often bugged bounties on fortuna or plains of eidolon ? Really almost all bounties (no matter whats the name of the bountie) in Plains of eidolon have same broken mission part (hold area with more then 50% holding, but its drops down when no enemy there anyway and player can't do anything about that - probably after dropship taken down before crew drop down and no new crew shows up).  In Orb Vallis are offten bugs like in 1 part needed to hack console to hangar, and inside hack second console. But Console inside cannot be hack sometimes (no X for interaction shows up) - probably after somebody from party left party broke that bounty.  And so on... If there will be bounties with not that broken parts - players will pick only these, but its not possible and if they need farm rep or that items from last part of bounties they must accept atm they offten fail mission and cant do anything about that.  FIX THIS. Tnx

The people who make visual changes are not the same ones that fix bugs...

When the game starts, the game freezes, in the task manager it says "Warframe is not responding". I tried to check the download cache, reinstalled the game. Nothing helped.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I do not know it well and use a translator)

Hey a bug that I have wanted fixed for a while is that when you play with other languaged Tenno and they link a mod in their language, it isn't linked in my chat, and vice versa.

If the game recognises that [Flow] is a mod why can't it pass it through as an object and display as the correct language to everyone?

On 2021-01-25 at 5:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Lavos/Cedo and their parts can now be purchased from Father’s Wares for Entrati Standing:

• Lavos Blueprint: Rank 2 - Acquaintance 

• Lavos Chassis/Neuroptics/Systems: Rank 3 - Associate 

• Cedo Blueprint: Rank 4 - Friend

• Cedo Barrel/Receiver/Stock: Rank 5 - Family*

I feel like an idiot for buying 2 sets via event. They were heavily overpriced in the event store, especially now, compared to almost free family rep.

Sigh.

36 minutes ago, KoDi_Max said:

When the game starts, the game freezes, in the task manager it says "Warframe is not responding". I tried to check the download cache, reinstalled the game. Nothing helped.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I do not know it well and use a translator)

Please follow these steps except replace the -e  with a -h,  so your command line looks like this:

procdump -h -t -w warframe.x64.exe 

50 минут назад, [DE]Momaw сказал:

Just to provide some grounding in data, yes, our statistics indicate that last week fewer than 0.1% of players were using DirectX 10 on video cards that could only do DirectX 10.  We published a warning that DirectX 10 support was ending, last September to give players an opportunity to upgrade.  While we want to support as many systems as is possible to make our game available to the widest number of players as possible,  the reality is that we cannot halt all future technology improvements to the game just to keep supporting min-spec hardware that is now pushing a decade old.  By continuing to make upgrades to our engine and content pipelines that leverage the features of newer DirectX versions, we can make the game do more and look better for the other (literally) 99.9% of players who have DX11+  video hardware.

I have card that SUPPORT DX11 but its have crash in login menu, so what?

53 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

"last week fewer than 0.1% of players were using DirectX 10 on video cards that could only do DirectX 10. "

From this, I finally notice why you all menetioned that players using DX10 is so few. In my case, I am using GF950 to play WF. Although it supports DX11 and DX12, my display card runs so smooth with DX10 and I chose to use before it expired in this patch. However, your statistics actually excluded the people like me really run WF with DX10 from that 0.1%. 

If you want high end player enjoy newest brilliant graphic WF and moving forward to DX12. It is fine. DX11 is good, DX12 is great. We know that. You all work very hard on that to provide great user experience. We also know that. 

Please give us (low end players) some space to play WF, and offer a new "extra low" graphic setting, such as "without detail texture" or shorten the texture cover range, to boost the fps, especially in open area. I saw something like this video while DX9 version is still alive. (Plugin is not right. I know.) So, please "officially" allow us to tune down the texture details. 

Some players want graphics, some just want basic smooth fps (at least 30 dps?). It is their choice. Don't force us to leave the game please. 

23 часа назад, -Kushina-Namikaze- сказал:

Моя игра крах все время на экране входа в систему. Есть идеи, почему?

have the same thing :( I can't log in to the game for 3 days.. it just freezes during the password when you need to enter it

There's still the bug of inside the isolation vaults, when you transfer from your Warframe to your operator then back, you will about 45% of the time fall though the floor into the void, and can only get out if you do /unstuck, and if your unlucky it can place you on a spot where you can just fall again if you don't bullet jump out of the void so you have to wait awhile to do /unstuck again, about 10% of the time using archiving works to get out but then you just hit the bottom of the ground.

Changing from Classic to Enhanced Graphics on DX12 mode is a pure stutter fest until all the textures are loaded into VRAM (I guess). Every time I enter new compartment in my spacecraft, I have massive frame drops, and after 10 seconds of looking around, everything start running as it supposed to. in missions, however its a different matter, since every newly generated room on the map is new textures and it is kinda impossible to play. Once all the textures are loaded in the area, I still get occasional frame drop with a stutter.

System:

Ryzen 5950x

Radeon 6900xt 16gb VRAM

16Gb RAM at 3533Mhz

Samsung EVO 970 nVME system drive with Steam games in Intel nVME drive

I love seeing all of these updates. Particularly improvements to the popular railjack game mode. I have noticed a couple of things though. The reliability of HUD and waypoints has been the same since I was in high school... and my son will be graduating next year. So, any interest in polishing the basic playability of the game? I know it's not as sexy as frame-killing meshes and disappearing ephemera effects, but players do interface with that part of the game pretty regularly. 

7 hours ago, JellyEC said:

"last week fewer than 0.1% of players were using DirectX 10 on video cards that could only do DirectX 10. "

From this, I finally notice why you all menetioned that players using DX10 is so few. In my case, I am using GF950 to play WF. Although it supports DX11 and DX12, my display card runs so smooth with DX10 and I chose to use before it expired in this patch. However, your statistics actually excluded the people like me really run WF with DX10 from that 0.1%. 

If you want high end player enjoy newest brilliant graphic WF and moving forward to DX12. It is fine. DX11 is good, DX12 is great. We know that. You all work very hard on that to provide great user experience. We also know that. 

Please give us (low end players) some space to play WF, and offer a new "extra low" graphic setting, such as "without detail texture" or shorten the texture cover range, to boost the fps, especially in open area. I saw something like this video while DX9 version is still alive. (Plugin is not right. I know.) So, please "officially" allow us to tune down the texture details. 

Some players want graphics, some just want basic smooth fps (at least 30 dps?). It is their choice. Don't force us to leave the game please. 

That aging hardware won't last you forever. Let's be honest here. People who run DX 10 cards or any low power hardware are less likely to spend money on microtransactions. So "leaving them behind" won't hurt DE financially. As a bussiness, they have to make that move. Supporting an aging platform will be expensive in the long run.

You can't stop progress. You either keep up or fall behind.

46 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

That aging hardware won't last you forever. Let's be honest here. People who run DX 10 cards or any low power hardware are less likely to spend money on microtransactions. So "leaving them behind" won't hurt DE financially. As a bussiness, they have to make that move. Supporting an aging platform will be expensive in the long run.

You can't stop progress. You either keep up or fall behind.

Let me follow this logical thread through to the end.

Releasing new content is not profitable for DE, so they should make all new releases a paid for expansion.  It's too bad the free to play gamers are left behind, but because DE is a business that's acceptable.

Nightwave isn't driving the sale of cosmetics or purchased content, so as a business DE should not focus on developing it.  

Literally the only thing that draws sales prime access and tennogen....so that's all they should focus on.

Now that the crazy is out of the system, let's talk.  Warframe is a free to play game.  It's also a game highly driven by RNG, because if the content was otherwise people would be able to see through how little there is.  Warframe draws whales and plankton, and the plankton feeds the whales content via creating game experiences.  This is how a small number of players generates profit, and why DE needs to retain the free players.

Is DX10 support really an issue?  Well, no.  DE could give a crap about the PC user base running hardware that only allows DX10, because they're actually focusing on the new consoles.  Yeah, they're pretty much all using functionally the same hardware and it's just a PC.  They're selling you a slightly subsidized PC, and all of that hardware is DX12.  This isn't about developing the future, it's about following the consoles.  

Side note, DX10 was basically outstripped by Windows 7...which has been EoL'd.  We're talking DX11 introduced in 2008.  This isn't about a business decision against "cheap" players.  This is about a mile of spaghetti code, finally slightly being culled.  The business decision isn't about whales, it's about spending hours of coding time to make things continue to work.  Insulting another player by implying that they are cheap is...baffling might be the word.

10 hours ago, deothor said:

I feel like an idiot for buying 2 sets via event. They were heavily overpriced in the event store, especially now, compared to almost free family rep.

Sigh.

Hey fam, You can however, build and rank 1 and feed the other to your helminth tho.

Archived