Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.8 + 29.6.8.1

[DE]Megan

19 минут назад, -Kushina-Namikaze- сказал:

I just download update and do optimization. I tried to play, but my game freezes on login screen every single time and then i press any button my windows says "close the program or wait for the program to respond". I dont know how send you logs. I tried play on DirectX 12 and 11. It all the same. And no, I dont get the crash handler.

Same

3 hours ago, Okami_Shiranui said:

Could we get a confirmation on the randomize option when in frame colors customization? Accidently clicking it is an instant fashion loss unless you remember your colors or have them backed up somewhere.

That's kinda offtopic to bring up here.
But I agree, that screen could use a 'undo' or back button. Or at least a 'equip' button to verify the color choices.
Maybe a 'you are leaving the appearance screen without confirming the changes, do you want to keep or discard?'

Not that I am that vain or anything lol, because the colour choice really are a "hint", something that gets blended with the other layers and existing base colors. E.g. black does not mean black, it means black + whatever was under it. On Heliocor that means that full black (from saturated palette) makes purple handle. Really? Come on. Give us some real paint options. If crappy EA nfs car games from 10 years ago could do it, so can you. You just have to want to do it.

1 hour ago, The_Red_Death said:

And why did you need to enter these items as a reward for event if you add them to free sale after such a short time ?

This once again proves that things are very bad with Warframe(

P. S. I stop investing until things get better with game and i understand that COVID is to blame but i also admit that they could work in office observing all safety standards but most likely just don't want to

Not sure what you're smoking, but can I have some? Why in the world would you expect a WARFRAME to be event exclusive? Anyone that thought that Lavos was going to be a limited-time exclusive was a dummy-wummy. 

Also Lavos was 'free' before, so I don't understand why that seems to be an issue for you.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SoLO-WoLF said:

can u add some option to hold E instead of spam it ? my fingers not working anymore

Download 'autohotkey'. Set up keybind that simulates 'e'-spam.

Hope you don't get banned for "3rd party software".

to add: there was a time when you could buy 'after market' controllers and joysticks that had a hardware switch for autorepeat of button presses. A concept bourne from terrible game designs that rewarded insane button spam.

Edited by Morteno
historical anecdote added

17 minutes ago, Morteno said:

That's kinda offtopic to bring up here.
But I agree, that screen could use a 'undo' or back button. Or at least a 'equip' button to verify the color choices.
Maybe a 'you are leaving the appearance screen without confirming the changes, do you want to keep or discard?'

Not that I am that vain or anything lol, because the colour choice really are a "hint", something that gets blended with the other layers and existing base colors. E.g. black does not mean black, it means black + whatever was under it. On Heliocor that means that full black (from saturated palette) makes purple handle. Really? Come on. Give us some real paint options. If crappy EA nfs car games from 10 years ago could do it, so can you. You just have to want to do it.

They changed the remove all button, which is a very similar function to randomize. It's not off topic.

Цитата

The primary goal of these changes is to improve networking for Xbox players

Hmmmm.......How about "Holy sh*t, we remembered we had a terrible network system for many years! How many errors and inconveniences. We urgently need to buy powerful servers. (Oh, I know that you can afford them. And Im not the only one who know that). We need to remove this nasty system "player - host" with its terrible migrations, which caused and still cause our players so much pain, transfer all this hosting-load to our servers and add the console command Disconnect (Both during loading on a mission and before and when everyone has already arrived.)."

Nah? Didn't such thoughts come to DE? Or is Mesh Accuracy most important? :)

DE at least aware of what they did during the updates with Fortuna, when "Making decisions about improving the problems associated with host migrations"?
I will explain as clearly as possible so that even a child can understand.
Before the Fortune update: Everyone is loaded on a mission. The player (host / client - it doesn't matter) does not notice any problems with the fact that 3 people have connected.
After updates with Fortune: Everyone is loaded on the mission. The player (both the host and the client) and his FPS physically feel like 3 people are connected to them.

If the player is the host, he will not be kicked out of the connection of other players (he can kick out clients). But if the player is a client, and he connects with the rest of the people / or he has already entered and another person joins the mission - then he can easily be turned off.
 Yes, on powerful and very powerful PCs it is imperceptible, checked hundreds of times. But on weak / medium-weak PCs - this is horror. (and many think all good. "Rainbow and unicorns with vanilla shores!")

What exactly was done wrong in terms of network code, I do not know. But I am observant enough to notice the catastrophic difference between "before" and "after" and draw logical conclusions based on observations and experience. And here it is even a no brainer  understand that after the changes, ALL the load that the player's PC performs has also been transferred to the PCs of other players. (By the way, the same bulls**t happens on the Relay)

Let me explain in a simpler way: When a player is loaded on a mission, his PC loads what is on this mission - textures, scripts, etc. After the introduction of Fortune, the PC of one player began to carry out the load of other players. (Simply put - the player, having loaded textures, scripts, etc on his PC, began to take the loading of textures and scripts from the PCs of other players. "So. I brought this heavy bag of apples - Great. Now bring my bag too, together with me - And mine too!").

Before updates with Fortune and magic with a network code, connecting other players could take away a maximum of ~ 5 +/- fps even on potato.
After - on NOT powerful / medium-powerful from connections of other players, FPS is destroyed from 25/30/40 to 0.

By the way, one more point about "Connections". But this time it's more of a interface bug. It appeared after the introduction of the new "Mission Results" interface.

Here's how it arises: Mission complete, players return. If one player returned faster than the other (stronger PC), and the rest are still in the process of loading, and the first player on the other side starts the mission, those who have not yet returned will lose part of the interface.
They will not be able to: activate other missions through the map; abandon an already launched mission; view your profile through the top bar of the interface; leave the squad until they go on a mission.

This bug was solved either by running a test for the rank of mastery (because of this, I cannot make the 30th rank, because if I get the 30th rank, the problem will have to be solved only by a restart) or by restarting the game.
This bug has existed since the introduction of the new "Mission Results" interface after the completion of the mission. Because of the pigs with the stronger PC, which Mom didn't teach to ask the rest of the people on the team "Will anyone go again?" and code errors - you have to suffer, and often if you go with random players (Amen "Solo" mode).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that SUCH problems should be solved first. But yes, who am I to judge what is important and what is not.
"Mesh Accuracy forward!!"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tweaked Kuva Lich login Transmission probably so they don’t play at each login.

Yay. Maybe now I'll feel bad when I ignore my lich for a couple weeks because of an Event or similar. As it was, I had no such feelings, having heard my last lich ask if I was ignoring him almost every day of Operation Orphix Venom.

Hi all. Hello [DE] Megan and [DE] Rebecca.  Really miss weekly chats, Something to look forward to during these strange times!!! :) Can you bring them back? Thought would ask, thks

11 минут назад, Bameth_Prime сказал:

Понятия не имею, что вы наделали, но теперь у меня постоянные лаги и 0,5 FPS. Сможем ли мы снизить его до 0,4? Это будет славно!

idk what with fonts X_x
Edited by po4te

a million hotfixes will arrive this week (but that doesn't mean they'll fix everything)

but now the client weighs 4GB less (it's like two interesting videos) 4GB !!!!!!!!
enjoy!=)

Well, now the online database and donations will definitely trample up

hace 1 hora, AdvisorZ dijo:

Hmmmm.......How about "Holy sh*t, we remembered we had a terrible network system for many years! How many errors and inconveniences. We urgently need to buy powerful servers. (Oh, I know that you can afford them. And Im not the only one who know that). We need to remove this nasty system "player - host" with its terrible migrations, which caused and still cause our players so much pain, transfer all this hosting-load to our servers and add the console command Disconnect (Both during loading on a mission and before and when everyone has already arrived.)."

Nah? Didn't such thoughts come to DE? Or is Mesh Accuracy most important? :)

DE at least aware of what they did during the updates with Fortuna, when "Making decisions about improving the problems associated with host migrations"?
I will explain as clearly as possible so that even a child can understand.
Before the Fortune update: Everyone is loaded on a mission. The player (host / client - it doesn't matter) does not notice any problems with the fact that 3 people have connected.
After updates with Fortune: Everyone is loaded on the mission. The player (both the host and the client) and his FPS physically feel like 3 people are connected to them.

If the player is the host, he will not be kicked out of the connection of other players (he can kick out clients). But if the player is a client, and he connects with the rest of the people / or he has already entered and another person joins the mission - then he can easily be turned off.
 Yes, on powerful and very powerful PCs it is imperceptible, checked hundreds of times. But on weak / medium-weak PCs - this is horror. (and many think all good. "Rainbow and unicorns with vanilla shores!")

What exactly was done wrong in terms of network code, I do not know. But I am observant enough to notice the catastrophic difference between "before" and "after" and draw logical conclusions based on observations and experience. And here it is even a no brainer  understand that after the changes, ALL the load that the player's PC performs has also been transferred to the PCs of other players. (By the way, the same bulls**t happens on the Relay)

Let me explain in a simpler way: When a player is loaded on a mission, his PC loads what is on this mission - textures, scripts, etc. After the introduction of Fortune, the PC of one player began to carry out the load of other players. (Simply put - the player, having loaded textures, scripts, etc on his PC, began to take the loading of textures and scripts from the PCs of other players. "So. I brought this heavy bag of apples - Great. Now bring my bag too, together with me - And mine too!").

Before updates with Fortune and magic with a network code, connecting other players could take away a maximum of ~ 5 +/- fps even on potato.
After - on NOT powerful / medium-powerful from connections of other players, FPS is destroyed from 25/30/40 to 0.

By the way, one more point about "Connections". But this time it's more of a interface bug. It appeared after the introduction of the new "Mission Results" interface.

Here's how it arises: Mission complete, players return. If one player returned faster than the other (stronger PC), and the rest are still in the process of loading, and the first player on the other side starts the mission, those who have not yet returned will lose part of the interface.
They will not be able to: activate other missions through the map; abandon an already launched mission; view your profile through the top bar of the interface; leave the squad until they go on a mission.

This bug was solved either by running a test for the rank of mastery (because of this, I cannot make the 30th rank, because if I get the 30th rank, the problem will have to be solved only by a restart) or by restarting the game.
This bug has existed since the introduction of the new "Mission Results" interface after the completion of the mission. Because of the pigs with the stronger PC, which Mom didn't teach to ask the rest of the people on the team "Will anyone go again?" and code errors - you have to suffer, and often if you go with random players (Amen "Solo" mode).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that SUCH problems should be solved first. But yes, who am I to judge what is important and what is not.
"Mesh Accuracy forward!!"

You're right, I've experience this in countless missions. It's a disaster and even more when people have low specs pcs and try open worlds. To remind the Devs about some serious issues within their game: Khora's Whiplash ability not functioning correctly with the line of sight "update", people not able to attack nor use abilities in open worlds (this one I've solved it with the use of the K-drive / Archwing vehicles, still is obnoxious when it happends), SP kuva survival acolites not spawning when the eximus with the catalysts spawns (please, please fix this ffs). Thanks DE Steve and the devs for your improvement of the game, but we would like you to fix many GAMEPLAY bugs first.

• Like 2

После обновления при заходе в игру просто зависает и вылетает, уже даже переустановил игру, через лаунчер попробовал разные параметры и все равно проблема осталась, просто сломали игру....

Well, "optimization" of client is ended and its still same - i cant play - infinity load in login window

70% of me want to say goodbye to the game and delete it.
I played over 1500 hours, returned to the game after a long break, but it wasn't worth it how i see

You might think that everything will be fixed with hotfixes, but for some reason I am extremely pessimistic.
The only thing that can save is a rollback to the old version of client, but they will not go for it, because this is an even greater shame

• Like 3