Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

New content problem: Destop Steam user experiencing game crash after Progress Diamond fills and before Password screen appears.

Question

After I check a few more things I will be contacting support.  I just want to see if any other Desktop Steam users are having this problem with the new content. I'm wonder if is got something to do with Steam.

Complete Description:

After doing a shutdown and then bringing my laptop back up, I signed into Steam and then  I clicked on the Warframe launcher that goes through steam. After the progress diamond filed up the game stopped and I got the "An error has occurred" screen. It never got to the password signon screen. I never use Steam's  "Verfiy cache" function.

5 answers to this question

Have you tried directx back to DX11 in the launcher? There was a small error in the latest hotfix that set the default to DX12 which is still in beta. 

A hotfix later today will change it to default to DX11 but you can do it from the launcher before then. 

• Like 1

Just got fixed. I clicked Window 10 update, (which does all the drivers) but it didn't report a new update. 

I did notice a new new Content load real quick.  Guess it was a little boo boo.

14 minutes ago, TheAvidoZ said:

Have you tried directx back to DX11 in the launcher? There was a small error in the latest hotfix that set the default to DX12 which is still in beta. 

A hotfix later today will change it to default to DX11 but you can do it from the launcher before then. 

Yep, thats one way to fix the problem. I changed DirectX12 to Direct11 in the launcher and fixed.