Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its time for immortal pets....

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Who else is sick of dead pets in all new content?

Between Op Venom and Isolation vaults,  mechs and pets DO NOT go together.  

If you arent going to let them do the things we bring them for then get rid of em.     If my warframe isnt dieing,  if my mech isnt dieing,  then why the hell is my pet dieing???

Just let pets ignore all damage,  remove some mod slots if you have to.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Who else is sick of dead pets in all new content?

Between Op Venom and Isolation vaults,  mechs and pets DO NOT go together.  

If you arent going to let them do the things we bring them for then get rid of em.     If my warframe isnt dieing,  if my mech isnt dieing,  then why the hell is my pet dieing???

Just let pets ignore all damage,  remove some mod slots if you have to.

So... uh... the new-kavats that devolve, and Djinn?

Also, what build are you using on your pets?

Pets are fine.

Sentinels need some durability.

When I started pets were considered a waste and little by little are now meta, inheriting all the benefits sentinels have, being more durable and revivable, also by now they have unmached utility that not even chicken can compete.

Do agree that if we will have to use our mechs more no matter what type of companion needs to stay alive,

Sentinels are in a ridiculously bad state especially.

Steel Path, Orphix Venom, Deimos, Deadlock Protocol have all been incredibly unkind to our little floating buddies.

Steel Path because of massive enemy swarms and and general high-level damage.
Orphix Venom because we aren't near them and they still fight a senseless fight alone - and die.
Deimos and Deadlock Protocol because the new enemies have AoE bullets/attacks, and apparently a hateboner for Sentinels.

Being unable to revive them really sucks :/
I will deliberately die just to get my Sentinel back - who will often die again instantly, before I even have finished my revival animation.

Any companion needs to become immortal. having to babysit any of them is an extremely unpleasant task. on one side in high level mission your sentinel just dies, period, no matter what you will do, and on the other, the pets just needs to get revived every 20 seconds because their AIs is so #*!%ing dumb, except if you use inaros or nidus. which is not a good design.

There's a lot that needs to be improved for pets, but survivability is a larger issue across the whole game. Balance that and pets will follow; better to do that and have player survivability standardized across the board and get pet survivability as a bonus than to bandaid immortality onto them because they're inconvenient. Sentinels are the only ones that need particular attention; I'd like to see them fall to the ground on death to be revived like everything else.

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

There's a lot that needs to be improved for pets, but survivability is a larger issue across the whole game. Balance that and pets will follow; better to do that and have player survivability standardized across the board and get pet survivability as a bonus than to bandaid immortality onto them because they're inconvenient. Sentinels are the only ones that need particular attention; I'd like to see them fall to the ground on death to be revived like everything else.

I mean you are technically right, but how likely do you think that is to happen? This problem has been going on for years and DE has largely ignored it as far as I can tell. The revised update was the first real step I’ve seen toward addressing it, but that was a drop in the bucket, which was nearly a year ago without so much as a hint of anything more. If DE ever gets around to finally balancing out the damage/health system, it’ll be years from now. And in the mean time we’ll still be dealing with annoyingly fragile pets.

Even though I would like to see all companions become invincible, I doubt that will happen. It would take too much work in deciding what to do with all the health and survivability mods. I think it’s much more likely that we would get some kind of gear item that lets us resurrect a dead pet. But even that is a band-aid. What’s the point of resurrecting them if they just die 5 seconds later.

I put health and armor on my Warframe, then health and armor link on my Vizier Predasite and it did really well, very helpful for mech use. It is the right pet for the task. I think I can sort of half agree with you, except that I don't think they should be immortal across the board.. They just need survivability balanced out more across pet types. People would just gravitate towards Smeeta more then ever having no reason to choose other pets for survival or other utilities at all.

Some of it is definitely bad though. For an example, I was really upset with MOA survivability until actually building them all and finding out that one of them carries an overshield mod that completes their abilities and makes them usable.. Which is great, but they're really useless without that mod. All MOA should come with it, and it shouldn't be counted towards the pet specific precept limit.. they're basically useless without it.

Pet survivability does need work at least.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)sister-hawk said:

Even though I would like to see all companions become invincible, I doubt that will happen. It would take too much work in deciding what to do with all the health and survivability mods. I think it’s much more likely that we would get some kind of gear item that lets us resurrect a dead pet. But even that is a band-aid. What’s the point of resurrecting them if they just die 5 seconds later.

Helminth has it already (spoilers just in case):

Master's Summons
Heal your companion and call it to your side.

I don't know how it works and it doesn't work on sentinels...

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Get an infested kitty.

Vasca Kavat or from Deimos? Probably 2nd option.

8 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Being able to take advantage of all of the other dozens of sentinels and pets rather than being limited to vulpa and djinn? Not hard to understand

You one of those people who needs to drive a nail into a wall, goes into a toolbox, and decides "today I want to use the screwdriver for this job, which it is not suited for" then writes a letter of complaint to the manufacturers to say that the screwdriver isn't as good at driving nails into a wall as a hammer?

You have a variety of tools that are each a little different. They're not the same, and not intended to be the same. You can choose to use the one that's best suited to the task you want to do, or not.

Why is this a problem? 

No to them being immortal and taking no damage. Yes to a countdown timer that makes them respawn after a time (in the case of pets, this countdown starts once they die, not when they are downed and you can still revive), I'd suggest a 5 minute timer to make it feel like a punishment but is not oppressive; Most mission types will be completed by the time the companion respawns and so would be unaffected by the change, it would be more for endless and open world missions where something like this is actually needed for Sentinels and to a much lesser degree pets which should rarely ever die anyways.  

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

No, immortal pets would make it too easy. There are many mods that help heal your companion plus don't forget to use link health and armor.

You can't use those on Sentinels. Immortal pets don't make the game "easier" either. Their main use for most people is literally radar and picking up loot. Even some other uses Sentinels get still function even when they're dead.

Saying inconvenience is a form of difficulty is highly silly. Several combinations also already make them virtually un-killable.

When it come to the companion I had nekros's soul survivor always save my pet just punching it but now sentinels most really need super boost which need be immortal like Dijin for the pet of that new kavat felt like it just being immortal and nothing else it be bother.  At the time being, sentinels need all that rez abilities of chose without the mod which sentinels are more likely are put down even thou they have great abilities like that sweeper guy and that stupid deth cube with power laser that murder everything it sees (start remind me SCP peanut).

As once more, we had this discussion few months ago which I am not willing look though and search it for there is tons of threads out there are lost in the digital site.  This is pretty much sum it up how things are pretty screwed in hand's matter.

I think the revive feature of the new Fox and Sphynx companions should be made available to the other pets. 

Also Primed Regen for Sentinels as max rank should be changed to respawn sentinel indefinitely so it basically functions similar way to the pet mods.

I’ve been saying this idea before Demios came out.

Normal pets

revives after 180 seconds

1 arcane 90

2 45

MOAs

revive after 300 seconds, scrap drops from enemies and reduces timer by 5 depending on drop chance.

1 arcane 150

2 arcanes 75

Sentinel 

Scrap drops you need 36 scrap to revive

1 arcane 18

2 arcanes 9

also comes back with Regen mod filled to max stacks.

3 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You one of those people who needs to drive a nail into a wall, goes into a toolbox, and decides "today I want to use the screwdriver for this job, which it is not suited for" then writes a letter of complaint to the manufacturers to say that the screwdriver isn't as good at driving nails into a wall as a hammer?

You have a variety of tools that are each a little different. They're not the same, and not intended to be the same. You can choose to use the one that's best suited to the task you want to do, or not.

Why is this a problem? 

Because this is a game with a big action-rpg component, primarily based on re-grinding the same thing while experiencing tool variety, not a real job. A reduced suitability of tools only worsen the sensation of grind. Your (sad) metaphore, being based on a real world issue, misses the point by a mile. I guess you were too focused on just poorly trying to ridiculize, so you missed the part about critical reading the OP's issue.

Asking the developers to tune some tools to be better suitable for some more situations is perfectly reasonable. Maybe not to the point of pets being invulnerable, i find that exaggerated too, but at least it highlights the issue: the inability to revive a pet while in a mech is a problem that needs be tackled, as mechs are a game component that will likely receivey much more space in the future. But of course you didn't read that part...

Archived