Is it possible for someone to get banned in the middle of a gaming session?

Hypothetically speaking, if someone reported somebody in the middle of a session, can you see them getting banned live?

Would there be an announcement that said person got banned or would it say they just went offline?

They would get an error message about being unable to synch their account data (mission data) at the end of the mission.

Next time they log in the ban message appears.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

"hypothetically" speaking..

sure....

I am asking if I ever really felt the need to report someone, could I tell if they got banned midgame? 

If I remember correctly, they also give a warning to hold you liable if you reported someone. I want to be sure of precautions as well.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Nikko027 said:

I am asking if I ever really felt the need to report someone, could I tell if they got banned midgame? 

If I remember correctly, they also give a warning to hold you liable if you reported someone. I want to be sure of precautions as well.

it wouldn't tell you, only the person who got banned once they get out of the mission. when you report someone you need to provide screenshots as credible evidence, because reporting someone for no reason is an offence (rightly so, it's a waste of Support's time).

10 minutes ago, Nikko027 said:

I dont think they are that much fast...

i think if u report someone and he get punished Support will send inbox to inform that player get Punish(banned or any etc) to who are report too.

Just make sure to screenshot and send any evidence as much as u can...and make sure not false report as if someone false report or lie just to attack another also will get punish by De instead too.

and report will take time to solve... some case take like 2-3weeks etc as they have limit amount of man power compare to number of players. so be patience :)

Edited by -BA-NeoNexus5

the only reason why i would want this is so i can laugh at the face of that person who i reported.

"you see, chump?! you just broke a rule and now you'll be banned because of it! REPENT FOR YOUR SINS MMWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

would be even better if they get a message and a countdown while being muted in chat, so they can stare at the impending doom without being able to do anything about it.
you'll be banned in 5...
you'll be banned in 4...
you'll be banned in 3...
you'll be banned in 2...
you'll be banned in 1...
you shouldn't mess with that guy... bye.

*their screen fades out showing me playing some dance emotes and laughing maniacally.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

the only reason why i would want this is so i can laugh at the face of that person who i reported.

"you see, chump?! you just broke a rule and now you'll be banned because of it! REPENT FOR YOUR SINS MMWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

would be even better if they get a message and a countdown while being muted in chat, so they can stare at the impending doom without being able to do anything about it.
you'll be banned in 5...
you'll be banned in 4...
you'll be banned in 3...
you'll be banned in 2...
you'll be banned in 1...
you shouldn't mess with that guy... bye.

*their screen fades out showing me playing some dance emotes and laughing maniacally.

In games where moderation is actually taken seriously, such behavior could also be subject to punishment.

Either way, realistically, only chat behavior in games can be moderated quickly, since that can be done automatically and only needs human review in events of false positives, or someone circumventing the automated triggers. This is why for games like League of Legends, someone can be suspended right as the game they said certain things end, but if you run it down mid ruining games while saying nothing, it could take months or even never, for punishment to be brought to them. It's why Content Creators can make a living off of ruining experiences for people in a variety of different games, they don't say anything in chat but lightly game-play troll; similar to how people can just leech on Warframe and not be punished.

• Like 1

Lol why would you think that? You really expect support to be so quick?

And probably no announcement. Bans aren't meant to be some spectacle, just a ban for breaking the TOS or whatever other reasons.