Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is gone, how to earn Nitain Extract?

Crimson_Zedh

While I sympathise with new players who need nitain, if it were in alerts, once you've built everything that requires it you'd be annoyed that there was "another stupid nitain alert" instead of something worthwhile and wanting better rewards. Food for thought. You don't have to get everything in this game right away, there's an awful lot of things you can build and use while waiting to gather more nitain.

I'd recommend you to wait for the new nightwave/intermission to kick in. Nitain was really cheap. It should not take more than 2 monthes without any Nightwave content. (will probably be more like 1 to 3 weeks)

Like Zilchy said, Nitain was horrible before, and now even if it requires players to understand that they need to stock some from nightwave, it is way more casual friendly :).

On 2019-05-23 at 7:26 AM, Izumi_S said:

I got all the bp for Wisp but can't build her, HELP.

Wait for a weak or two(at most), the intermission will probably start, then you will have all the nitain you will ever need.
The drop rates in other locations are abysmal, so don't waste your nerves on them.

17 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You don't have to get everything in this game right away, there's an awful lot of things you can build and use while waiting to gather more nitain.

idd
But new players frequently suffer from F.O.M.O.

Somewhere in the start of the game should be two signs that flash brightly every time you log in:
"MODS ARE EVERYTHING" and "DON"T RUSH THINGS" :D

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

Wait for a weak or two(at most), the intermission will probably start, then you will have all the nitain you will ever need.
The drop rates in other locations are abysmal, so don't waste your nerves on them.

idd
But new players frequently suffer from F.O.M.O.

Somewhere in the start of the game should be two signs that flash brightly every time you log in:
"MODS ARE EVERYTHING" and "DON"T RUSH THINGS" :D

Couldn't agree more with you mate. 

Mandatory strategy for you playing warframe moving forward:

Read up on everything before doing anything. Because of the current parole 'shoe-horn babushka" grinds. Nitain extract is the shoe-horn of unwanted content into nightwave.

Rather than creating great content people enjoy, you lock a mandatory resource at gunpoint. On the behalf of the warframe developers I'd like to apologize.

But that means for instance gating Xaku behind grinding out the entirety of venus and deimos, or did you have grind cetus out too lol... for "just one crafting item" locking everything else. Another example is nightwave currency being deleted if you did not spend it.

This also includes bugs, buying a broken item, weapons, stats, mods. Check wiki, wiki comments, youtube, forum etc. Read up. And read everything.

If you aren't careful you will put in work, or money, not knowing what you are getting into, and feel obligated to keep grinding by sunk cost sentiment.

You must check every line of text, every ingredient for crafting, every location, time of day, tagging rareity, cave location etc etc etc. on everything.

There is always a shoe-horn in there somewhere now and your job is to seek it out and then decide if it is worth it. But know what you are getting into.

And unfortunately under basbushka, ingredients require ingredients that require another grind which is unlocked by a third grind. Can't do that grind without buying an item. Can't buy that item without doing another grind. Now you are shoe-horn into the babushka grind because you just needed the 'one item'.

Considering crafting some insignificant pistol you going to have 24 tabs open reading up, sadly.

As much as you hate it now remember the lesson well.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

If DE put a confirmation alert window everytime you finish a mission telling you the thing about NW, I'm 100% this kind of threads would exist anyway, as Valence Transfer and Helminth as proven over and over again.

My favorite is the continued existance of "I accudentally created a litch". The screen could flash like an eary 2000s website adds and they'll still keep coming. 

I agree with the op.

Timed content is nonsense IN ANY GAME. Nightwave was, is and will always be an inferior method of content delivery. There isn't any real logical reason for it to ever end either.

The story beats are minor and throw-away. The activities are boring and tedious. The bosses are a joke. 

DE will never be able to flip seasons fast enough and they've proven it since the first one.

Critical crafting materials should never be timed either. Idiotic gating.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

If memory serves correctly,  last intermission de put on a couple of alerts that rewarded i think 10 nitain.  We might well see the same thing again this time round.

Tomorrow after the devstream probably they'll launch some Nitain alerts as usual

12 hours ago, Crimson_Zedh said:

I am also super upset because as a first time NW player I genuinely didn’t know that Crystal credits and the NW currency would reset with the end of the series and I have lost 70 credit I could have spent in Nitain or cosmetics. #FeelsBadMan

I really wish they'd leave the store up for a week or two after the event ends.  Some people have attacks of Real Life and can't spend the credits, and sometimes even a month of warning isn't enough.

As far as getting more though, the Intermission will start in another couple of weeks.  Given how well DE has been doing at updating Nightwave in a timely fashion, you'll probably get at least six months to earn Intermission credits and spend them.  :/

easiest way to fix the problem would be to make the Nitain form Sabotage caches a common reward. that way once nightwave ends you can still farm for it, or even farm while Nightwave is going so you can get it via missions AND via Nightwave creds. info on the Intermission, including it's release date, should hopefully be brought up in the Devstream.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I hope not. I hope they ship a fix to make them tradable so I can get filthy rich. 

😂 Yeah, I have the suspicion that if intermission doesn't make a surprise launch, that they'll make special nitain alerts. :) 

I wish they could put it in invasions among new resources or things like exilus adapters or the new kind of Forma. That would be very refreshing even for "vets" I believe.

Archived