Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.9

[DE]Megan

I agree on the no-downtime between waves, even if this means possible ranks not being gotten by those who are always doing the whole weekly list all the time.

At the very least, add Nitain to Teshin's Steel Path honors, or send a 24h alert for Nitain when this happens.

Us long-time players don't need/care about Nitain, but every new player struggles.

But good job still. Except for the Sabuuchi ban. Please, keep cracking down on hate, but THAT was unnecessary. Specially since devstreams often contain innuendos galore. We know that despite the rating of the game being mature the player base is far from that, but there are limits to moderation when it'll stop being fun. The profanity filters and warnings for overstepping exist for that. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kearic said:

If you can't handle 12mb fixes perhaps you shouldn't be playing online games.

The point isn't the size, its the time loss for leaving and going back in during Eidolon hunts, again, nothing to do with size. (that's what she said)

7 hours ago, IFVTA said:

The point isn't the size, its the time loss for leaving and going back in during Eidolon hunts, again, nothing to do with size. (that's what she said)

You can finish your tri-hunt before needing to restart the game, could be worse they could just force a restart while in mission.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

STILL no fix for:

Agreed. This is very irritating, so often I end up chatting into the search box instead of the chat ui because it’s stolen the focus again.

That, and the new end-of-mission screen freezes the whole ui and takes ages to load (what is it loading?). Very annoying.

Bring back the old end-of-mission screen, it was quick, easy, and I think the majority of players were more than happy with it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PUREGamer2 said:

3 core CPUs? What is that?

*mostly* the lower end Ryzen models.

Ryzen 3c/6t models made to compete with intel i3 2c/4t and 4c/4t models. There is a large amount of them.
It's not nearly as obscure as you may think. Intel even made a 6c/6t i5 (9400F is one of them) to punch back against some of that.

Edited by Morteno
important typo.

On 29/01/2021 at 7:32 AM, TARINunit9 said:

While you're fixing the plains, can you also fix "Capture the target without killing any enemies" being broken and unfair? I mean it counts kuakas running away, condrocs flying away, and rollers latching onto you as "dead enemies"

https://youtu.be/3_5bLY-sZGY

Share it around, get the message out that this Bonus Objective Sucks. :v

Edited by -CM-Killer-931
  • Like 4

gigcbRm.jpg

Mag's bubble is broken again.
Once a shot has been fired in the enemies all but one go 1-1.5 meters above the initial target of the bubble(this happens in 90% of cases).
And it's not just a visual bug, additional shots hit only the initial target or very very rare occasions a foot of some enemy.
Also they all stand in a row now(not clipping to one another), so it's almost impossible to hit all of them with most weapons, except stropha, redeemer or something of the sort.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, -CM-Killer-931 said:

https://youtu.be/3_5bLY-sZGY

Share it around, get the message out that this Bonus Objective Sucks. :v

No disagreements.  At the same time, I want to ask you a question I think you should think over.  "Is this a flaw, or a feature working as intended?"

Now, let me explain myself.  Each open world has about 6-7 total missions that are being drawn from to create the 3-5 mission segments.  There are a total of three open worlds.  Each of these three worlds has a couple of missions where you can basically fail the secondary objectives instantly.  This implies a conscious design effort to make earning those bonuses much harder, thereby increasing the grind.

On PoE you've got the capture target without killing anyone else.  It's often a failure because anyone anywhere on the level died.  As such, you get it and the only way to complete the things is with copious luck and not having an organic pet (because they often "protect" you and kill enemies, failing the mission).  You've also got a kill x number of enemies in y seconds mission.  This should be easy...but if you're not in a huge group sometimes there simply aren't enough enemy spawns in the time window.

On Orb Vallis first you've got the wheel that can ram into the other wheel, nearly instantly stripping it down to low enough health to fail the bonus objective.  You've also got the infiltrate missions, which sometimes can fail because an enemy spotted you from half way across the map, and decided to take the long way to a console so failing that objective before you can even see the target area is a distinct possibility.  Those who have paid attention to patch notes might call me out about the wheels.  DE claims that they've been patched...but that's not accurate to real gameplay.  

Finally Deimos.  Oh boy.  I'm partial to the assistance of the corpus researcher and the grineer kill squad.  The corpus researcher is an inconsistent mess, as the shield drone will occasionally stick nearby and other times float off into the sunset.  The grineer kill squad is a bunch of flamethrower wielding kill stealers, almost like DE observed the prevalence of the Ignis and decided that they'd give that hate back to the community where the goal is literally to kill steal enough from the grineer to have a greater than 2:1 ratio.  Ouch.

The point of the above is that there are two missions with a disproportionate amount of the total failure rates, where a failure is defined as not getting the bonus.  I cannot speak to the actual failure rates....because most of the time a failure is because people don't engage (grineer kill squad), have no control (capture the target), or simply have the subtlety of a brick covered in crude oil and hastily thrown into a store full of cotton.  It's almost like DE setup just enough objectives to be a proverbial turd in the punch bowl, so that they could claim it was easier to grind out those end tier rewards but in reality there are artificial bottlenecks which kill that ability.

• Like 4

I still have performance issues after the 7gb update. This update made the game run way worse on DX11, FPS drops on many tilesets like Gaia on Earth. My game ran so much smoother before, now i get about 30-40 FPS less. Color correction doesn't work properly till today. And PLEASE put multi threaded rendering back in the launcher. Disappointing...

edit: If you'd like, i will playtest every single upcoming update personally, free of charge. Someone has to do it.😘
Edited by AgonoizeOP
  • Like 4