Jump to content

Please give us a /respawn command


Recommended Posts

As I write this, I'm currently stuck in Deimos, with a fishing spear in my hand, unable to do anything, and unable to die to fix it, because I'm an invisible Ivara with a ~30 minute duration on my 3.

This is not the first time that being downed and rezing would work as a temporary workaround for a major UI bug or Game bug that can (and do) cost a lot of time and energy (lost quite a few eidolon hunts from 'unable to use abilities or move' bug, for example. Or the infamous 'that ability is not ready yet' bug).

While /unstuck helps with geometry bugs sometimes, it will not help the character being in a bad state. It seems that only becoming downed and respawning will fix this issue. So, I suggest a command that will kill us and then respawn us, at full penalty.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 минут назад, Magicfingers сказал:

try using "/unstuck" without the "

What happened to OP has happened to me too. Unstuck doesn't help. Its some spear swapping bug that causes your character to completely lose control. You can only turn camera around and that's it. Can't even open menu.  You either have to ALT+F4... Or pray that one of Deimos' inhabitants comes and kills you, because respawning helps.

While it would be preferable for the bug to be fixed completely, having a suicide button would help too.
Until then, advice to OP: try fishing without the invisibility. Also don't bring pets or armed sentinels, so that they don't kill your "saviors".

Edited by Artekkor
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

What happened to OP has happened to me too. Unstuck doesn't help. Its some spear swapping bug that causes your character to completely lose control. You can only turn around the camera and that's it. Can't even open menu.  You either have to ALT+F4... Or pray that one of Deimos' inhabitants come and kill you, because respawning helps.

While it would be preferable for the bug to be fixed completely, having a suicide button would help too.
Until then, advice to OP: try fishing without the invisibility. Also don't bring pets or armed sentinels, so that they don't kill your "saviors".

Unfortunately, the fishing wasn't planned. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing when I noticed the Helios was interested in the fish nearby, and I remembered that new fish had been released recently.

I should note, this is by far not the only issue where a /respawn would help and /unstuck doesnt. There's a plethora of minor bugs that can only be fixed via respawn, and several prevent movement (remember the only walk/run, no other movement, abilities, etc bug?)

Edit: I am no longer invisible, and just waiting for an enemy to show up... It's been 25 minutes. I did have an enemy pass through about 40 minutes ago, but I was still invisible at the time.

Edited by LeakingAmps
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Until then, advice to OP: try fishing without the invisibility. Also don't bring pets or armed sentinels, so that they don't kill your "saviors".

As a followup, because I've never actually checked; if I abort the mission in Deimos after doing a ton of conservation and then catching a few fish... what would I loose? Conservation tags are my only real concern here.

I remember they saying something about fishing saving your inventory, but I was never clear on how and when it saved and what items were affected.

Edited by LeakingAmps
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 минут назад, LeakingAmps сказал:

As a followup, because I've never actually checked; if I abort the mission in Deimos after doing a ton of conservation and then catching a few fish... what would I loose? Conservation tags are my only real concern here.

I remember they saying something about fishing saving your inventory, but I was never clear on how and when it saved and what items were affected.

I honestly have no idea. My guess: you will lose everything, most likely. Since those are the rules for any other game type as well.

I was mining and fishing for a hour or two before the bug happened. So you can imagine my horror and stuborness to just quit. I also had a very competent sentinel who could kill my potential saviors, which was... Oof.
Eventually one of the Nightwave Glassed enemies - a Leaper to be precise - spawned and i thought my peril was over, because sentinels can't do anything to them.
But then the enemy bugged out as well... And got stuck inside me, refusing to do anything.

ziNNJUR.jpg

I laughed like a maniac when that happened.

Eventually i went afk and something finally killed me while i was gone. I spent about 20-30 minutes  total stuck  in  this position.

Edited by Artekkor
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeakingAmps said:

As I write this, I'm currently stuck in Deimos, with a fishing spear in my hand, unable to do anything, and unable to die to fix it, because I'm an invisible Ivara with a ~30 minute duration on my 3.

This is not the first time that being downed and rezing would work as a temporary workaround for a major UI bug or Game bug that can (and do) cost a lot of time and energy (lost quite a few eidolon hunts from 'unable to use abilities or move' bug, for example. Or the infamous 'that ability is not ready yet' bug).

While /unstuck helps with geometry bugs sometimes, it will not help the character being in a bad state. It seems that only becoming downed and respawning will fix this issue. So, I suggest a command that will kill us and then respawn us, at full penalty.

Exact same thing happened to me 2 months ago😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Artekkor said:

I honestly have no idea. My guess: you will lose everything, most likely. Since those are the rules for any other game type as well.

 

I did end up keeping the items despite aborting to the Necralisk (I aborted after about an hour and a half from loosing invisibility).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...