Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw Glaves and other melee types

Scar.brother.help.me

On 2021-01-29 at 4:03 AM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Since Glaves were reworked pretty well it would be very nice to get a Zaw version of it, may be a little less in stats as normal glaives but with arcanes to use.
Same with other melee types, especially some Dual-wielded weps like Dual Daggers, Dual Swords, may be a gunblade some day?

Got me picturing Father having infested zaw melees. Not to mention them being able to do more things like having a proboscis cerata that can latch onto an enemy and do continues damage. That or doing a fully charged throw makes it travel a specific distance before becoming stationary and pulls nearby enemies into its spinning blades. Melee range affects the tentacles’ reach. 

Gunblade would be more like a Kitgun. Kind of got me picturing an infested gun blade that can shoot an infested ball that grabs enemies and pulls them in close before exploding. If shot directly at an object then it would just explode. 

I’m surprised that they haven’t made dual melees. Mainly just create a dual handles grip where any blade head used becomes dual wielding. Then we don’t have a whip. A unique grip that turns any blade head into a whip. Even the hammer like head could be turned into a heavy impact whip. Or a two-handed grip that can create larger/longer weapons similar to the galatine and Tatsu. 

But those new infested kit guns have gotten me picturing some very crazy infested abilities for them. And non infested abilities for others.

Honestly I’m getting bored of the same old weapons. They need to start making weapons have unique abilities for more than just damage. Especially if they are gonna keep nerfing weapons. This ain’t like Monster Hunter where specific weapons are forged from specific monsters to inflict specific attributes against vulnerable monsters. People have a unique play style so they’ll choose a warframe that fits their style. Including a weapon that’s best suited for that frame. 

Infested weapons need a superior variant like wraiths and vandals. The proboscis Cernos was a good start. It actually looks exactly as I pictured for an evolved infested bow. Just need to do that with more infested weapons and give them unique abilities that non infested don’t have.

Something to make the weapons more fun to use besides which one does the most damage. Making everything damage and crowd based is why people are picky and leads to ridiculous nerfs. Half the mods they make for weapons and frames are useless cause of how they made this game focus too much on damage, ambushes, and tankiness. Not fun trying builds that don’t get the objective done, especially with more efficiency since they make the game so grindy.  

Just my opinion though. 

Wolf sledge hammer is hammer type melee weapon, but can throw like glaive type weapons.

Seem like it doesn't need to new parts for grip and strike to build new glaive type zaw.

In my opinion, add new exodia(ex: Exodia throw or glaive) which when equip it to zaw, then possible to throw like wolf sledge hammer did.

On 2021-01-30 at 10:57 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Gunblade would be more like a Kitgun. Kind of got me picturing an infested gun blade that can shoot an infested ball that grabs enemies and pulls them in close before exploding. If shot directly at an object then it would just explode. 

We need to go farther:

and as for topic... there were DIY topic about zaws.

• 9 months later...

Archived