Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting/Crafting materials in abcence of Nightwave

Elenasto

The Dropchance of certain essential materials like nitain extract should be grindable. It is insane rng to get certain materials that are essential to progess in the game. I personall think that its bad for the gameflow and the players mentality since we do not know when nightwave will come. Futermore there should be a hotfix for essential materials since there are no release dates for the next nightwave and its is possible that it wont come back for a longer period.

Breaking the game flow an hindering an progress always means that players will jump off the game every game studio knows that its a problem and it should be solvable and two percent for a long mission is not enjoyable for any kind of player your answers or should i say comment is not helpful for the community 

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

That sounds like a grind to me.

If you need one then it would be fine. However you need many more Nitains. Unless player has access to Nightwave or some events then it's just "insane" (as OP noted).

1 minute ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

Breaking the game flow an hindering an progress always means that players will jump off the game every game studio knows that its a problem and it should be solvable and two percent for a long mission is not enjoyable for any kind of player your answers or should i say comment is not helpful for the community 

It was worse for players who only played now and then with the old alert system, you had to be on to do the alert for the Nitain, at least under Nightwave you can plan ahead and buy some to slowly get a stockpile up.

7 minutes ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

I mean you did want a grind and there is one right there.

Whatever you're trying to build just wait a little longer for intermission to start or try to grind it

11 minutes ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

Those low drop chances are all over the a bunch of loot tables in this game. It's standard operating procedure for Warframe. If players are going to leave because Nitain they probably weren't in it for the long haul anyways. 

Unlike every other item with a stupid low drop chance you can plan ahead Nitain Extract and easily bank some for the couple weeks after a NW season ands and before an intermission starts. 

Every time NW is gone for a week there are countless nitain threads.

If NW doesnt pop the upcoming week it will be the one after and DE pop nitain alerts when this happens.

For all the topics about nitain its as if we need nitain to log into the game.

It's still obtainable without Nightwave even if you don't like its methods or droprates. Go grind out Reactor Sabotage caches, Zealoid, or wait for Ghoul bounties to drop again. If you don't want to do any of that then just wait for intermission where you can do the first reward tier and get enough cred for 50 Nitain.

1 hour ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

The Dropchance of certain essential materials like nitain extract should be grindable. It is insane rng to get certain materials that are essential to progess in the game. I personall think that its bad for the gameflow and the players mentality since we do not know when nightwave will come. Futermore there should be a hotfix for essential materials since there are no release dates for the next nightwave and its is possible that it wont come back for a longer period.

All you need to do is to pay attention to the news in the orbiter.
Every time NW ends, there will be a short gap for this material. 
So stock up your Nithain beforehand, easy as that.

-c0y

You need 238 nitain for the whole game. I'm not sure but I think this is the least needed resource in the entire game(excluding scintillant because it's a pretty new resource).
This may seem like a lot if you are building all the things at once, but tbf I never needed more then 30 at a time(when I needed them at all) and I always bought about 40-60 to have in cases something happens to the way they are acquired.  
My point is...there is not a reason to rush , once nightwave comes back and it will be pretty soon you can buy all of it for the future if you are afraid that you will need that much and never have to worry about it ever again.

1 hour ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

What do you need to craft  that is essential to progess  in the game that requires nitain? 

Any game mode? Any quest?  Can't craft anything else that doesn't require nitain?  

Today,the game will have gift of the lotus alert,I'm sure it will contain nitain as reward. Patience, tenno. You don't need to have everything yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

The game has sub 1% drop rates, with no guaranteed method of earning the item unless it can be bought off of someone else, or the market. Nitain is the least of anyone's problem, especially when NW rewards a high amount of credits relative to the cost of Nitain.

Waiting for Nightwave takes less time than it would to grind out a lot of things in the game. If waiting is enough to get someone to quit, then pretty much every drop after the beginning of the game would get them to quit.

4 hours ago, Not-AMajorDump said:

It is insane rng to get certain materials that are essential to progess in the game. 

Sorry but.... What? You can progress very late in game without ever using a Nitain Extract, it's needed for like, 10 or 12 frames of 44 frames avaible for you. I'm not gonna talk about the weapons, since just a very small % needs it (there are like 400+ weapons in game and like 10 or 20 use nitain).

There is no "essential" thing here.

Archived