Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Mod Compatibility With Certain Weapons

Azamagon

What do i mean with my title? Well, I'm talking about how some weaponmods are currently useless to put on certain weapons, yet you can still actually equip them. For Example, rate of fire mods can be equipped on Continuous weapons, but does NOTHING to the weapon.

Then there are cases of where weapons work with mods, but shouldn't work that way (at least imo). An example of that is puncture on Ogris / Torid. It causes the Rocket / Grenade to puncture the target, instead of detonating on impact, which to me just seems way too ... odd?

So with those things in mind, here is a list of how mods and their weapon-interactions could be improved:

* Rate of fire on Continous weapons = Should simply just work on them (They currently don't)

* Reach on Thrown (Glaive / Kestrel) = Could increase the maximum distance the weapons can be thrown

* Reach on all melee = Could also increase the jumpattack's AoE

* Rate of fire on Burstfire weapons = Could increase the tightness of the burst AND the frequency of the bursts (currently only helps with the frequency). It's the most fair thing to do imo.

* Puncture on Ogris / Torid = Instead of projectile puncture, how about increasing the AoE of the explosion / gas?

* Puncture on Ignis / Embolist = Could increase the cone size and range

* Puncture on Flux Rifle / Spectra / Synapse = To be consistant with the Ignis/Embolist, on top of giving Puncture, why not also give them more range?

Any more ideas in these regards? Anything you specifically agreed / disagreed with?

* Reach on all melee = Could also increase the jumpattack's AoE

* Rate of fire on Burstfire weapons = Could increase the tightness of the burst AND the frequency of the bursts (currently only helps with the frequency). It's the most fair thing to do imo.

* Puncture on Ogris / Torid = Instead of projectile puncture, how about increasing the AoE of the explosion / gas?

* Puncture on Ignis / Embolist = Could increase the cone size and range

* Puncture on Flux Rifle / Spectra / Synapse = To be consistant with the Ignis/Embolist, on top of giving Puncture, why not also give them more range?

You suggest things that don't make sense...

-Reach on melee already does what its suppose to do, adding more AoE to jump attack should be a mod itself

-rate of fire has nothing to do with how tight a spread of bullets are, that would be accuracy

-puncture has nothing to do with AoE of explosions and gas at all, that too should be a separate mod

-puncture again has nothing to do with cone size, that would be an accuracy thing.

-and the last one would be a duel stat mod between puncture and range mods...

these suggestions would make great new mods for weapons but not for the existing mods we have. They work how they are suppose to work, just don't equip them if they are not compatible, I'm sure they'll create mods for these suggestions in the future.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

Ogris already have AoE mod. so does Ignis.

^ As was mentioned, maybe make it create firepatch on impact for small damage?

Yeah, the Firestorm mod, i know about that one. Why not make both stack? :) Or as Morgax said, let the Firestorm mod do something else?

You suggest things that don't make sense...

-Reach on melee already does what its suppose to do, adding more AoE to jump attack should be a mod itself

-rate of fire has nothing to do with how tight a spread of bullets are, that would be accuracy

-puncture has nothing to do with AoE of explosions and gas at all, that too should be a separate mod

-puncture again has nothing to do with cone size, that would be an accuracy thing.

-and the last one would be a duel stat mod between puncture and range mods...

these suggestions would make great new mods for weapons but not for the existing mods we have. They work how they are suppose to work, just don't equip them if they are not compatible, I'm sure they'll create mods for these suggestions in the future.

They do make sense in one way as I'm trying to add variety with what we already have. What you suggest would just add more mod-bloating, which is unnecessary. The only other way to change it would be to just make the mods uninstallable on the weapons where they do nothing, but how much fun is that?

Now to your specific ones:

* Why can't Reach also affect the AoE of the groundslam? Reach increases melee weapon range, but it only affects SOME parts. That's just bullsh1t imo. It should affect the "reach" on all the attacks (Offtopic: This is why i hate that all melee weapon damage mods is split into regular vs charge. That's unnecessary and could instead be streamlined into being just one damage-increasing mod. What's the point really? You guessed it: Mod bloating!)

* If rate of fire had nothing to do with how tight the "spread" of the bullets are, then why does it do that on all the fully automatic weapons then? The only difference is that burst contra fullauto is split up in 3-bullet bursts contra variable bursts. But since burstweapons don't get a reduction in the tightness in the burst, that makes fullauto weapons better at burstshooting...

* True, you could modbloat with more mods (Although, that already exists for Ignis and Ogris, it's called Firestorm, and i hate that they added such an overly specific mod like that), but why not change a mod taht already exists which is useless, into a useful mod?

* Eh what? Conesize = Accuracy? In a way, yeah, but that's far more farfetched then my thought on it: Puncture means that something goes through something, but since the Ignis already goes through everything in its range, how could you make it puncture more? That's right, by adding more range and/or conesize! So it kinda makes sense. The other option, like mentioned before, would be to make Puncture not be equippable on 100%-puncturing weapons like Ignis and Embolist.

* More modbloating? Weeee -.-

And this part:

"just don't equip them if they are not compatible"

Well, I know that they are not compatible, since i'm a read-a-holic when it comes to games. But what about the noobs? How would they know? So there are two options: Either make them unequippable, or, make them do SOMETHING. And I'd like them to do SOMETHING instead, hence this thread.

In the end, i guess we can just agreed to disagreed on this :)