Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Home Devstream #11/ Devstream #151!

[DE]Rebecca

Wings are nice.. are they compatible with companions or the operator? What happened to your statement, that you wanted to turn the bug of lich-ephemera being compatible with companions into a feature in the future, that would enable us to use all ephemera on our companions ?

After entering : "savagoth" in a somewhat global search engine.. the first thing, that didn't seem to be "content-creator" related, was a wikipedia entrance. And it stated this : "Sabbas the Goth is a Christian martyr and saint" .. and my first thoughts were like..: ooooff.. it is religion related?! I mean.. don't get me wrong.. but thats bad ! .. Isn't it?

Btw. those Savagoth abilities looked nice.. but while you perform them, the other squad members have obliterated the whole map... erm.. so what's the point ? Looks like a nice SOLO frame tho =)

Very nice, that you finally decided to open one of the last closed spaces in relai and enable players to mess around with their railjacks, if they've temporarily removed the drydock in the dojo.

Nice to see too, that a deluxe bundle will actually include something besides the skin itself and just a skin for one weapon.

Even tho, it's the first dev-stream of the year, I'd like to see some archwing stuff covered in the near future. Especially some statements about modular archwings would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

So will Dry Dock be moved to the Strata Relay entirely, or can we still access it from the Orbiter and the Dojo?

What happens when we return to the Dry Dock from navigation? Does it go back to the Relay or the host Dojo?

Of course we will still be available. Pretty sure they will just add another location for the drydock which is the relay 

18 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Of course we will still be available. Pretty sure they will just add another location for the drydock which is the relay 

Well the reason I'm asking is because if you go into another person's railjack, and then they return to the dry dock in their own dojo, you can't use their configuration terminal to make any changes to your own railjack. Even if the host leaves, it's still their Dojo and you can't make changes - you have to leave their dojo then go to the dry dock in your dojo to change anything.

I'm curious to know what would happen if you go back to the strata relay after a mission. Will you be able to make changes to your own railjack once you break group? Or will it just be a landing zone with no configuration options?

14 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Ah. I built mine too before that and can play Veil Proxima solo. I can see how solo RJ was an issue before the first re-visit but after it it became really easy. Anything else you find yourself locked out of as solo player?

No, not really. Ofc there are things that require more effort when playing solo and stuff I can't do because I'm not good enough, but railjack is the only thing where I feel like DE completely dropped the ball regarding solo players. Not because they intended it to be co-op thing at launch and implement command later, but because it has been over a year and nothing. 

I love the devstream with everything that is coming I am always attentive to the news, I know that it may not be the place to put this crazy idea that I had but it would be great to octavia prime you could put a transparent skin similar to the one that ivara has only with musical notes when in invisible mode🥰

Chapped asses notwithstanding, this was an excellent stream.
If the 1/mo devstreams continue as they've started, they're off to a great start.

Ticker's an excellent choice for a Valentine's vendor.
Nice to see Ignis Wraith available to all comers.
I'm pretty meh on the wings, but *shrug* tastes vary.  Might need a toggle to hide teammates' wings, though, depending on how the fading works.

Ghoul Saw. omg, it's actually (almost) here O_O
giphy.gif

(Not that I'm particularly anxious for it, just saying chapeau for working through the backlog.)
(That said, I can't wait to see Xaku mcTwiggybones wave that monster of a melee around.)

Prime Access is Prime Access.
Looks like a fairly thematic bundle, and Octavia's always been OP.
(That said, she's always been, to my taste, kinda dull - but I'm just not a fan of babysitting timers.) I assume she won't be seeing any mechanical changes, or you'd've mentioned it.

Savegoth/Wraithe:
What is the balance target?  I'm assuming mid-high star chart.
Passive - How similar is this to Inaros'? Because while thematic and cool in concept, it scales very poorly (though more-or-less fine for star chart), and is basically completely shut down by any faction's defensive measures (armor, ancients; and shield drones, since shield gating - at least in my experience).
1. ADS Reap - consider Zephyr's tornado. While Shadow-thing is significantly faster, Tornado is less-than-entirely useful as an ADS ability. Between that and WF being horde-mode in higher tier missions, I really hope Reap has an aura rather than AI single-target (like companions). Edit: Scratch that, synergy between 2 -> 1 potentially solves this handily, and is synergy rather than dependency. Well done.
2. Nuke frames are very binary in Warframe - either they work in given content (Faction, level, modifiers), or they don't.
Spore works because it's a huge xray AoE stacking DoT. Without at least most of those prroperites, I have doubts for Sow's usability, let alone effectiveness, let alone in a non-solo setting.
3. Gloom - Am not clear here: Is it life steal for allies, or a HoT?
Life Steal's viability depends on incoming-damage-per-sec, vs. healing-per-sec.
If it's a HoT, effectiveness will be strictly limited by its numbers and enemy scaling (as with Wisp,Oberon), but should work for star chart.
That said, Slow is always good (and more is better), so we'll see.
4. Looks cool af. That said,
I'm not a fan of wild-ragdoll-pull (None of my Mag loadouts kept her 1).
Dash-applied rad procs... seem less than amazing, since AI doesn't refresh its target when procced... and now you're in melee range. (And re:heal, see Gloom's caveats.)
All that said, less restricted application for Reap is inarguably good.

Zephyr changes sound good.

While I'm pleased to see Railjack become less an island... you might want to increase the (I assume) CPU/RAM min reqs (or at least distinguish between solo and squad reqs), because I've been having enough trouble successfully joining a 'vanilla' mission in under 90 seconds on any tileset added since Gas City rework, and RJ is no exception (though obviously nowhere near as bad as the open worlds).
Cannot say I'm looking forward to that, but *shrug* Tech marches on.

Interested in hearing about things being pulled out from behind Intrinsics. Any more info available?

Cosmetics - will wait to see ingame, concept art isn't representative - nor, honestly, are renders.

Stats - Genuinely and honestly: This is awesome.
giphy.gif

All hail Rogue Reb!

I assume 'not at this late date', and I know this is asking a lot. But: Any chance of more breakdown criteria?
e.g. '# missions completed' as opposed to purely '# time equipped' (which I'm assuming is mission-time only.), 'Vanilla & variant(s) separate or combined (i.e. player has upgraded)/excluded (i.e. player is using the archtype, not the specific variant, because not yet available) (depending on whether players have mastered both yet)', 'By mission-type (base type, is Sortie? Is Steel Path? is Railjack?)', 'solo mission success/fail rate', 'Co-incidence' (i.e. Specific (or unusually common) combinations of frame/weapon, or weapon/weapon) and I'm sure there are many other interesting bits of data to be extracted from that, but that's off the top of my head.

Didn't keep notes, but I think that was everything I wanted to comment on?

To reiterate: Good stream, good start for the new schedule.
Well done, keep it up, and have an excellent new year.

So, quick recap about planned updates:

-Nightwave Intermission 3 starts February 1st

-Star Days will go live February 11-24

-Octavia Prime Access starts February 23rd

Honestly, I like what you've planned out for the whole month, while waiting for a mainline. 

Thank you! 

On 2021-01-30 at 1:33 AM, TheMostFrench said:

Well the reason I'm asking is because if you go into another person's railjack, and then they return to the dry dock in their own dojo, you can't use their configuration terminal to make any changes to your own railjack. Even if the host leaves, it's still their Dojo and you can't make changes - you have to leave their dojo then go to the dry dock in your dojo to change anything.

I'm curious to know what would happen if you go back to the strata relay after a mission. Will you be able to make changes to your own railjack once you break group? Or will it just be a landing zone with no configuration options?

Not sure if it has to do with being part of a group & then breaking up, but last time I went to a dojo I could access my own railjack. I don't have a clan so I don't have a dojo to access that way.

8 hours ago, OperatorLeo said:

Not sure if it has to do with being part of a group & then breaking up, but last time I went to a dojo I could access my own railjack. I don't have a clan so I don't have a dojo to access that way.

That's interesting. Did you ever get kicked out of a Dojo because everyone in that clan left? I had a few instances where I wasn't allowed to be the only person in someone else's dojo, so I figured that was why I couldn't use their terminal.

On 2021-01-29 at 7:24 PM, kulow said:

After entering : "savagoth" in a somewhat global search engine.. the first thing, that didn't seem to be "content-creator" related, was a wikipedia entrance. And it stated this : "Sabbas the Goth is a Christian martyr and saint" .. and my first thoughts were like..: ooooff.. it is religion related?! I mean.. don't get me wrong.. but thats bad ! .. Isn't 

Just because a warframe's name can find its origin with religion or a certan term, doesnt always mean its bad.  Usually the names are chosen as they reflect what the warframe can do. 

Limbo: puts enemies into the rift, and can stop time in the rift.  Aka, he puts enemies in a "limbo" like state.

Im sure there is a reason they chose savagoth for his name.  It must have some correlation to it

Tbh, im actually curious about the exact origin of his name.  I looked into sabbas the goth, and nothing about him correlates to the warframe's abilities.  Meaning his name has a different origin 

21 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

That's interesting. Did you ever get kicked out of a Dojo because everyone in that clan left? I had a few instances where I wasn't allowed to be the only person in someone else's dojo, so I figured that was why I couldn't use their terminal.

No idea about that as my experience was during the Nora Night event to visit them select dojos, so there was probably always someone in there. I don't railjack much at all so this was more 'while I am here I might as well visit my railkjack' moments

On 2021-01-30 at 12:17 AM, apo86 said:

https://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/WarframeUsageData2020.json

You can find this in the source of the stats page.

Why are they even publishing that weird domain anyway? Would look less suspicious when others are sharing that link if it's the WF domain, which actually works aswell: https://www.warframe.com/repos/WarframeUsageData2020.json

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Neon Lights9212 said:

Just because a warframe's name can find its origin with religion or a certan term, doesnt always mean its bad.

Not necessarily, that's true. But to not belong to a certain religion or something, this could offend some people. Chrisitanity in this case is surely the most spread religion in the world and many people identify with it. And I myself live in a country, which is governed in part by the "Christian Democratic Union/ Chrisitan Social Union". I'm clearly not the most political correct person there is.. but if you're interested in some origin of Warframe names etc. and one of the first things that pop up could be a religious origin.. it could be not too well chosen.

To get back to topic, I hope that the maybe new introduced melee class of saws doesn't get the same treatment as the Arm-cannons did :(

After the animation for it was shown, my first thoughts were : will this feel like when you're equipped with a heavy Archwing weapon during mission in terms of being less able to aimglide ?!

8 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

Why are they even publishing that weird domain anyway? Would look less suspicious when others are sharing that link if it's the WF domain, which actually works aswell: https://www.warframe.com/repos/WarframeUsageData2020.json

It's a different CDN (hwcdn.net = Highwinds, warframe.com = Akamai). I can't tell you why they have that separated, but it's the same for the drop tables which are officially published under n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net but also work via www.warframe.com

5 hours ago, kulow said:

Not necessarily, that's true. But to not belong to a certain religion or something, this could offend some people. Chrisitanity in this case is surely the most spread religion in the world and many people identify with it. And I myself live in a country, which is governed in part by the "Christian Democratic Union/ Chrisitan Social Union". I'm clearly not the most political correct person there is.. but if you're interested in some origin of Warframe names etc. and one of the first things that pop up could be a religious origin.. it could be not too well chosen.

To get back to topic, I hope that the maybe new introduced melee class of saws doesn't get the same treatment as the Arm-cannons did :(

After the animation for it was shown, my first thoughts were : will this feel like when you're equipped with a heavy Archwing weapon during mission in terms of being less able to aimglide ?!

Ok, so i learned from discord a very likely origin to his name. Its a combination of two words

The sanskrit word for servant provides the "Sava" in his name and the word goth.  Gothics are, in many areas of the world, associated with the occulf and stuff related to death.

His name could quite literally mean "servant of death"

Which correlates very well with his abilities.

I'd like to say something in regards to the weapon stats, which showed that only a handful of primaries and secondaries are taking up most usage in the whole cateogry:

There is clearly a correlation between the fact that the most used firearms have an AoE effect or just do a lot of damage, and the fact that Warframe has slowly evolved from being focused on gunplay to just be focused on dishing out as much damage as possible in every direction.

Simply put, most weapons can't handle the current meta.
Most semi-auto weapons are too slow at taking down hordes compared to the top weapons and melees, or simply lack the damage to keep up.
Out of the rest, a lot of weapons simply lack the numbers to be efficient past starchart level.
On the other hand, melees are able to still kill enemies with a single hit on high level steel path missions.

This is not an issue that will be fixed by "dethroning" the most used primaries and secondaries, if anything it will make melees even more prevalent while something else slowly settles at the top again.

BUT

I'm worried that this will only result in the public excecution of the top weapons, while the issue remains untouched.

Archived