Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Devstream Railjack Feedback (Now Closed)

[DE]Rebecca

Please add pilot subrole "Drive only" for those cases you don't want pilot ot shoot at all(as yout customized team never gives you any affinity).

Also i noticed that after some time pilot stops driving at all(ship turns but never moves), if it is intended - please reconsider it.

And as some people mentioned before it would be nice to have primary/secondary roles like pilot/defender, engineer/gunner, defender/engineer

Rules to determine role dynamically:

If crew member has something to do on primary role and there is nothing to do on secondary role=primary.

Pilot and gunner are always low-priority tasks, if there is something else to do other role will take over.

If nothing to do on primary role role=secondary

If there is emergency that requires to do something on secondary role role=secondary.

Like for gunner/engineer - if there is nothing to fix role=gunner, if there is a breach/fire/shortage role=engineer.

For pilot/defender - if there is no boarding party role=pilot, else role=defender

For defender/engineer - if enemies on sight role = defender, if no enemies on sight role=engineer.

For engineer/defender - if enemies dont attack and there are things to fix role=engineer, if enemies interfere or nothing to fix role=defender.

I noticed in missions where you have to access consoles in a base to expose radiators outside that even if you have assigned a pilot and gunners to your ship, they just fly around randomly outside and do not go kill the radiators when you expose them. When solo, this means that even if you have a full crew, they do not actually do what they should do when left in the ship while you are on the base. You are forced to teleport back to the ship and kill the radiator yourself, then go back into the base yourself just as you would have had to do with no crew. 

Crew AI needs to be able to do more, including prioritize things like taking out radiators if they're left in control of the ship. 

I'd really like to see the crew expanded to 5 and let you keep two even in a full multiplayer game. That makes the crew intrinsic useful even in multiplayer and also give you more room to assign crew to multiple tasks, particularly when you're out of the ship doing something else.

Being able to assign an artillery crewmember that will take out vulnerable crewships so you don't have to stop and run back and forth would also be nice. If you had both a pilot and artillery crew member assigned, the AI should also be smart enough that the pilot will face a vulnerable crewship while the artillery crewmember takes it out. 

Engineer crew should automatically be using the forge to replenish things when they get low if they don't have any breaches or fires to put out. 

I think an easy way to accomplish the more dynamic crew assignments people are asking for would be to just add one additional option for crewmembers that just says Dynamic. Have an automatic priority list system weighted by what they're good at. If you're set to dynamic and you have maxed gunner and there's an open gunner seat, that crewmember will prefer to go do that. If there are breaches or fires and nobody else is already dealing with them, the crewmember with the highest repair (or multiple crewmembers with higher repair) will stop what they're doing and go do that. If your ship is invaded, dynamic crewmembers will prioritize clearing the ship. In terms of piloting I'd say maybe ignore that role entirely as dynamic so you don't have to worry about them randomly piloting when you don't want them to and only have crew pilot when specifically assigned to do so. 

Dynamic crewmembers could even announce when they're going to do something else and other crew members could acknowledge them to give an impression that they're communicating to make the crew seem more lively. 

1. I don't like getting rid of the avionics grid.
  2. I don't like having had a top ship, which now has been stripped.
  3. I don't like having to relevel Plexus mods with credits.
  4. I don't like having to grind the Plexus levels and forma it.
  5. I don't like missions being separate instances in the RJ.
  6. I don't like normal missions being the focus of RJ.
  7. I don't like the loss of previous cooperative coordination in RJ.
  8. I don't like the railjack now being a glorified taxi.
  9. I don't like the voice acting of the Corpus captain.
  10. I like the addition of Corpus as a RJ enemy.

So from me, this update gets a score of 1/10. Not good.

It feels like confidence in the entire RJ concept was deeply lost. It used to be a unique proof of concept for cooperative squad. Now a big step has been taken into generic same old kill all rush with little coordination. Orphix arguably needs coordination, but I don't play RJ to play Orphix. Especially since the rewards are much worse than in the previous timed OV event, from which I'm still deeply burned out.

week wife GIF

Very very small aesthetic gripe, but I think that when idle, the AI crew should just be chilling, sitting or standing in specific spaces instead of walking all over the place at random. It'd feel a bit more natural.

And instead of having them talk at random have an interaction prompt that, when used, has them talk one of their voicelines, this way they don't talk more than you want and repeat as much as you like.

4 hours ago, YikersDikers said:

This isn't really a Railjack thought, but ever since the update hit, I've been getting serious FPS drops, not just in Railjack but elsewhere as well. 

I've tried lowering my graphics qualities, doesn't help.

And personally I've been getting weird errors where when I try to boot up the game steam tells me it's already running. Seems to be an issue with WarFrame not closing properly after the last use unless I close out steam entirely and log back in.

This is just feedbacks and suggestions for this updates. These are for challenges, rewards, QOL, balanced and gameplay.

1. Give POI unique mini-bosses with some gimmicks guarding the console for more challenge and sense of importance on the loots.  Capital ship with more threat such as more torpedoes to brace yourself. Cool siren to signify crewship or torpedoes for less boring and excitement, also time to react. 

2. More balanced crews, pilot will cruise around for gunner or you to shoot smoothly with better animation, so less dizzyness. Increase the stats of gunners(less heat accretion and accuracy) but decrease the damage so they will not one shot everything easily. Make engineer repair slightly faster but consume a bit of revolites. 

3. More rewarding loots please(amount of endos, credits, or even a new Ayatan), as railjack mission have more hassle than normal one. Put hire-able crews on higher mission that you can find on POIs or rescue them(randomize attributes but have unique appearances). Unique dialogue and tilesets for more immersion and replayability. This way too, players dont need to check on Ticker every day and pay more. More interactable/loots based on POIs(riven sliver or forma for Veil).

4. Fix crews armor placement and movement. The armors displayed correctly on crew menu, but clipped in-mission, more noticeable on syandanas. They also move too much in ships, so less responsive to go their station or duties. Tweak the lighting on crew menu please. Some armor also cant be equipped because of mouse selection error for example, the selection will highlight the armor below the one I want to select, making it impossible for me to click it.

5. Crews on call sometimes freeze and not shooting at enemies, need fixing. Also, if you can put dialogue and unique passive behavior on ground mission will be much appreciated and more usefulness rather than becoming a specter's clone.

6. This is just my idea for upcoming Elite crew. Make a new selectable sub-command on tactical menu when you hover on their priorities, giving them two functionality. Upgrade their behavior, appearance and give them traits specifically for railjack mission:

- Pilot will try to move towards objective you marked(waypoint) precisely, autopilot and gives you more time to prepare other stuffs. Also make them automatically go pick up floating loots.

- Gunner will try to use forward artillery and shoot the crewship you marked, will consume ammo. Give them ability to have a chance to fire a free ordnance but with lower damage.

-Defender will go to slingshot and try to board the enemy crewship you marked, attempting to destroy/hijack. Make them able to diffuse bombs on railjack.

-Engineer will restock ammo(revolites, ordnance) on command, still consume resources. They will also passively give you bonus resources/loots.

7. More randomized appropriate lore and origins for each crews, the crews lore is just another copy of others.

2 hours ago, ENIAK_Prime said:

And personally I've been getting weird errors where when I try to boot up the game steam tells me it's already running. Seems to be an issue with WarFrame not closing properly after the last use unless I close out steam entirely and log back in.

Same here, I don't know what to do, the game is unplayable at times

1) Our Railjack is parked above our Orbiter, so there should be an option for us to return from Railjack missions straight to our Orbiter.

2) There should also be an option to go to Crew customization screen from Ticker.

3) Can we have the Penta the Orm Vambac is holding? Because it can aimbot and instantly hit Tenno, a very good weapon... whereas the carmine penta is so slow and the distance so short that it is not useful at all.

Stitching non-Railjack missions onto Railjack missions does not make it become less of a content island. Effectively, once the first part of the mission is done, Railjack is shut down completely, which is the opposite of what got me excited about Railjack. 

In essence, all your efforts have been to make the gamemode less like Railjack and more like bog-standard Warframe, at which point you should ask yourselves if there's any point in further developing it. 

Command is a nice addition though. Feels nice to have a fully staffed ship. Now we just need something to do with it.

are you guys gunna add voice lines for the Kuva Liches when they're on your railjack? I love how the male Lich sounds, so I was sad when he's completely silent during the railjack missions :(

even just adding their usual fighting quotes when a boarding party arrives would be good

After playing railjack since the corpus update, I've noticed that with regard to railjack part drops, the corpus missions are abysmal compared to grineer ones. Veil proxima grineer missions can easily yield between 2 to 6 railjack weapons, on top of the missions rewards. In corpus veil proxima missions (and in other proxima regions), I more often than not find myself leaving the missions with not a single new railjack part. This feels unsatisfying to me because I want to valence fusion a couple of my new railjack guns, yet neither the crewships nor the regular fighters seem to drop any (despite the guns being in their droptable). It would be good to balance this out so that corpus mission drops are more like grineer misison drops. 

I've been playing since the day of the release of this update and two things that didn't make any sense were hull restore and flux energy in the forge. Railjack regenerates HP automatically upon launch. And the energy flow is causing a lot of problems for the gameplay. Neither of them makes any sense. Reverting to the original mode is natural because in this way the forge loses its importance, which was once to renew revolite, flow, ordnance. With the new ordnance mods, almost nothing is spent .....

I hope that these changes will revert to the original state of railjack because if it stays that way ....

Posted about it multiple times now but please return the option to public host. It's either solo, pre-built squad, or random "i don't own a railjack anymore" mode and it's killing the motivation to play and upgrade the railjack completely.

Some things I'm not a big fan of:

• The missions take way too long to complete in comparison to other normal missions
    On average other missions take about 5-6 minutes to do, so far the railjack average (to me) seems to be 20+. That's way too long for a single mission

• The nerf on affinity gain
    Removing gians point AND normal gear gaining affinity was an overkill, do one, not both. Also you should add something like Gians point, pure railjack dogfightning that doesn't take 20-50 minutes per mission.

• The corpus ships are way too complicated
    I know you guys are proud of the new stuff you've made, but too much is too much, do the jammer drones have to spawn 40 miles away from each other every 10 seconds? And why does destroying the crew ships take what, 3 long steps instead of 2 simple ones in grineer ships?

• Moving oberon to railjack was extremely bad move, imo
    Doesn't affect me as I'm done with him, but that will hurt new players even more than the low drop chance from eximus.

• The railjack was discounted to an loading screen in most of the new missions
    Is it really a railjack mission if 80% of it has nothing to do with the railjack?

• Liches are basically useless
    Where are the liches with railjack related stats, as shown in the old trailer/dev stream stuff? If they can't do anything useful, at least have them as separate pool from the paid workforce who at least try carrying their weight.

• The railjack mod costs should not scale as normal mods and removal of dirac
    refunding dirac to endo? Neat, that's something like 40k (for me), when it takes A LOT more to max those mods out, not cool. Also not really "more accessible" when now new players have to balance their limited resources on 2 separate game modes, probably hindering their progress in both.

• All of the bugs
    do you guys still not test your updates before deploying? Game breaking bugs everywhere, combined with long mission times, is a slap in the face. I know you're deploying hotfixes from left and right, but the first 2-3 days is enough to sour the experience for many, and it's going to leave a bad taste for a long time even after the problems are fixed.

• Apparently the bonus affinity still does not work
    Having to level things multiple times because your gained affinity didn't stick really sucks, guys.

Other than that, it sure is pretty, there's no denying that.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I think Liches really need... something. Right now, they're tanky defenders but a 'squishy' defender can be armed with a player's Deathgun 4000. Being able to have them 'on call', crewing things and perhaps being able to assign all/more stats than the crewmembers would be 'enough'? Because right now, they're a not-as-good crew that is far more labour intensive to snag than one of Ticker's candidates.

More lines would be nice too for the operators related to the railjack stuff, and liches too assuming they get greater roles. There are a few things that were jarring, such as unlimited enemies, but I love fighting through to enemies to get on board and cause total mayhem. A spinoff could be infiltrating with the lander, and then getting onto the railjack after the mission to fight out, smashing up the fleet along the way.

3 things:

Having 2 dome charges as the default ammo count seems way too low, especially when you are required to use 3 for Volatile. 4 would be a good number.

The Hull repair action in the forge doesn’t appear to do anything (though that’s probably a bug). 

Having tactical Avionics separated into categories really limits the usability of these tools which are already very niche and barely worth using. This seems pointless. I understand for Battle avionics, but not tactical.

Please do not FORCE us to do ground missions in railjack.  let tenno who want to go to the base or ship or whatever go and do so.  Let the space battles continue outside. the in game "mission switch" bug that locks tenno out of the "ground" missions has made it glaring how silly the system is. 

I built my railjack to use it...  i didn't build it for taxi purposes.  So please let us USE OUR  RAILJACKS. 

The use of energy as ammo is not as bad as i feared it would be, i dare say i like it.
Reducing the ship size is not bad at all..
Corpus in space look very cool too.   

Scarlet Spear was fun to do in space because of the freedom. Give us that freedom and allow us push our railjacks to the limit in space defense missions, doing as many waves as we can outside while other tenno are doing same inside an enemy ship. Those who maxed up tactical intrinsic will be able to move from railjack to defense target and vice versa, heal teammates who are off ship etc. 

sounds like i'm repeating myself  but this is railjack, we should do more railjacking than anything else. I just want to stay in space and shoot stuff for as long as i can. 

thanks for all the good work.  

On 2021-03-23 at 1:09 AM, ENIAK_Prime said:

Very very small aesthetic gripe, but I think that when idle, the AI crew should just be chilling, sitting or standing in specific spaces instead of walking all over the place at random. It'd feel a bit more natural.

If you go to the back of the RJ, where there's a spinning round thing with bright light shing out of it, you'll occasionally see a technician making shadow puppet gestures in front of it. Until they spot you, and then quickly go back to poking their tablet like they were busy at work all along 😀

Pros:  

+  Using the new mod system does improve better integration into the rest of the game.

+ AI crew does help defend the ship when off exploring.

+ smaller ship does make it easier to get around the RJ

+  top and bottom guns does feel better.

+ Addition of Corpus faction is very nice.

+ Mech integration

Overall a great overhaul and huge step in the right direction.

Cons: 

- Intrinsics still too hard to acquire from running missions.   Should not have to have intrinsic farming missions in order to max out the RJ.

- Still don't like the forge concept to renew resources.  They should auto-renew, which can be modded to increase efficency and speed.  Too easy to be abused or misused by Idiots or A-holes.

- No tutorial on game play.   There is a lot to learn and not much help for new RJ players.

- adding the standard Warframe missions to RJ was not what people were wanting when they asked for better integration.  It just seems pointless.

- Need some more nodes around the new planets in the RJ map to just battle the fighters.

- Not enough places to explore.   What about some random optional bounties?

- AW is still treated as second class.  AW should be better able to handle themselves outside.   Amesha is still the only playable AW in RJ missions and that is just barely.

- Who asked for Orphix? I never once saw a message where someone asked that when they play RJ can there be a mission type where they are forced to use a mech.

- The RJ component system where you randomly acquire a weapon, shield, engine, etc and then repair it or scrap it for parts does not match up with the rest of the Warframe system.  Why not have blueprints and components to acquire and build? 

10 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

If you go to the back of the RJ, where there's a spinning round thing with bright light shing out of it, you'll occasionally see a technician making shadow puppet gestures in front of it. Until they spot you, and then quickly go back to poking their tablet like they were busy at work all along 😀

I've noticed in newer Corpus tilesets (like the ones you see in the Corpus RailJack segments), if you're invisible sometimes you find a Crewman just chilling and sittin' on a box wondering where the hell his life went wrong.

You have megathreads for equipment and intrisincts feedbacks but have no thread for overall impression on new railjack feedback, so I guess I can leave it here:

1) Overall, it feels great, I no longer feel annoyed or underpowered for playing railjack (even with top equipement), and it feels way more pleasurable and enjoyable. Also, corpus railjack tilesets looks really great - from props to ice mines and other ships for additional tasks

2) It still doesn't feel like railjack is a part of the main game. I finished farming penta+nautilus+new mods and now I don't need to play it anymore. I want to, but currently feels like a waste of time - cause I can go for smth else for the main game (farm formas, for example)

3) Electric anomalies on "disable the primary target" missions are appearing too often. I understand, that you are trying to go as far from "defense\mobile defense" type of mission, and make players to move as much as you can, so they don't get that annoying feeling anymore, but it is an overkill. I have to run around like an insane and usually I don't understand where am I going or where I am currently at all, cause I have only one thought in mind "I must run". So, as a result, when jamming drones appear - I find out myself on the other end of the ship and I have to run all the way back to them, and when I get to them it is getting even more annoying, cause I cant stand in place even for a second to aim - so I receive damage and my hacking speed falls to 0. This electric fields overall is okayish idea, but make them appear not that frequent, please, so at least I can stay and think for a second, where should I go

So, my final output - changes are great, and if this release was just a betatest before releasing Tempestari - it was a huge success. If you are plannig to leave everything as it is now and just add voidstorms and new quest - it will be failure - cause ppl will just grind out everything they can out of railjack and abandon it again

As a side note, I never received the loot that was "supposed to go to all users who had maxed out MK3 RJ parts when Railjack 3.0 mainline patch came out.  Recall that it was changed from "you need to have at least 30 parts repaired" to "All of your RJ's equipment needs to be MK3", I got into a discussion last night with some random players about this and most have said the same thing, never got mine.

Archived