Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Devstream Railjack Feedback (Now Closed)

[DE]Rebecca

More bugs to report...the radius thing to collect mods and mats are huge! We get things same time we kill enemies.

Now about forge. The maximum dome charge show is 3/3 but if we creat more we get 1 more untill 5. 

Hrm... I dunno if this is necessarily broken but I think at some point we should be able to completely redistribute ALL of our crew's stat points, not just the 3 that we gave them.

I like the idea of keeping certain AI crewmembers you've grown attached to and being able to retrain them to be perfect in whatever areas it is you need them to be, rather than having them be stubbornly attached to the majority of their stat points so their role flexibility is highly limited...

Maybe Rank-10 Command would give us a "Training Overhaul" option where we have to send our AI crew away for a day to have completely refixed base stats tuned to our desires, with a time and resource cost for essentially coming back as an entirely new crewmate tailored to our interests.

It seems like there's several places to post general railjack feedback since the overhaul, so I'll just toss my opinion in here:

Basically, I love piloting my railjack, dodging missiles, and blowing up fighters. Piloting my railjack is fun and feels good. The new corpus units are interesting and fun to fight. My biggest complaint, then, is that it doesn't feel like there's much railjack in railjack. The space combat portion is over in a blink, and then it's just a matter of doing side objectives and then a regular mission at the end. It feels like a downgrade of the grineer missions where at least taking out an asteroid base or missile platform required cooperation from the pilot, and gave other crew members stuff to do. I really don't like the requirement of having the entire squad go into the corpus ship to do a bog-standard mission, because if I want to do an exterminate or defense; there's a million nodes on the starchart already for those. What I really want is more space combat. The "volatile" mission type feels like a step in the right direction, only, at the end, blowing up the reactor is just busywork because there's no threats anymore (and the capital ship doesn't ever feel like much of a threat).

Command intrinsics are neat, but it doesn't really help me if I want to solo. I still have to get out and slog through every objective, which, again: My favorite part is piloting, and I want cool space combat! I spend a lot more time huffing it on foot than ever piloting. However, I also understand it's a game mode designed for cooperation, which is cool and fun, but that often will mean I just don't play it as much as other game modes as a result. It does feel like the other roles need more to do while on the ship. Maybe gunners could get forward artillery? And honestly, I would make the railjack more vulnerable, because it doesn't feel like engineers have much to do anymore.

To summarize, caveman style:

- Space combat good. More.
- Dislike new mission types. They less space combat.
- Other roles besides pilot get more to do?
- Solo still a slog.

However, the only reason I'm bothering to give feedback is I know the Warframe team listens and does their best to make the game amazing, and I appreciate all the hard work and dedication you all have put into this game. There's a reason I've stuck around this long! Thanks.

Gunnery 10 aimbot is not an upgrade for everyone. I hate that it takes away my control and forces me to miss shots. I was fortunate enough to have tried out gunnery 10 before the skill point reset, found out I despised it and thankfully had it removed from my account.

For me gunnery 10 is 2 negatives, zero positives. Why would I ever want that without the ability to disable it?

Quick feedback on Seeker Volley talks. Seeker Volley is better against Corpus since they don't have the beefy armor to absorb the damage, main reason it wasn't useful AT ALL right on launch, and became slightly better after the damage revision that reduced armor across the board, with the final buff-to-equilibrium when the last rework was done before the current one.

We're doing more Corpus, so naturally, what works well on them is priority. Maybe increase the number of Corpus ships with tighter formations, so the rest make as much sense as SV. Or just buff the rest more, buff SV a little bit, and create RJ Steel Path.

I'm glad the team doesn't want "single solutions" meta and they try to balance things out always, but:

• INTERPRET your data, PLEASE... Graphs don't tell a single story, and most times we're reading it wrong;
  • Consider balance as an OVERALL thing, not just "Look, an outlier! SMASH IT! HARD!" (you can say it, "thanks Captain Obvious")

I like it in particular because MACROSS MISSILE MASSACRE.

You've added new weapons, but there's not much storage. Make it possible to buy space for platinum.  I'd really like to be able to create +100500 weapons how warframe and compare what I've created, rather than sacrificing something. Not being able to buy space doesn't allow for different ship configurations.

With the huge restriction on corpus crewships per mission (compared to grineer RJ), it's greatly time consuming farming for any weapons outside of zetki of which zetki tend to be preferred due to the high burst damage. What I would like to suggest is clearing a yellow point of interest spawns 1 additional crewship with a small (5-10%) chance for a 2nd extra spawn. The drop rate won't need to change, but just having a shot at an additional crewship would give extra incentive to clear a yellow POI even if it's not a mission objective

13 minutes ago, pythonxi said:
  Hide contents

zB5o9A7.jpg

OK, but you've talked about bringing other ground missions (like Spy) to Railjack. I believe that's not what most people meant. We need more variety in Skirmish type missions.

Basically, we need Railjack missions in Railjack, not ground missions.

Got a couple of thoughts on Forward Artillery (and I definitely agree with Scott's points about not wanting to make Piloting the be-all, end-all):

• What if firing Forward Artillery from Piloting is added as a Battle Mod? Adding an energy cost on top of the Dome Charges, plus the fact that you need to get the mod first.
  • I'm still grinding up my Intrinsics, so I dunno how much of this might be covered by Tactical and/or Command, but what if you could use the Tactical Menu to command a crewmember to fire the Artillery? You'd have some travel time, and maybe it'd involve some sort of AI choice instead of following your reticule (e.g. "Target nearest crewship/other Artillery target), but it could add some flexibility for solo players (like myself).

On an entirely different note, another cool game mode that could be fun is multi-railjack missions. Like, a group of four railjacks needs to take on a Sentient outpost or something. Dunno if that'd be feasible with AI limits, but it'd be cool to see at some point.

Keep up the awesome work!

Please make the sound of a flying RJ constant again. No revving up / ebbing down of the engine sound while maintaining a constant speed.
As a pilot, that really screws with the overall pleasant experience.

AI gunner, pilot and engineer work like a charm so far, thanks! Haven't been able to test them under extreme / endgame RJ yet, but so far they do amazing work.
Love their personalities!

Edit: Please give the battle mods names that can be seen while piloting. The cost of energy is displayed nicely, but not what I'm spending it for

6 hours ago, Aleshnar said:

I definitely agree with Scott's points about not wanting to make Piloting the be-all, end-all

wha?

If he wants RJ to be a co-op play thing, then why the heck did he go and remove all the good co-op features!

I mean, adding crew makes RJ soloable, that was all they needed to do. None of this individual plexus and forge and mods and warframe energy stuff. As they did make it all designed around individuals, they might as well go the whole hog and allow a single player to pilot and artillery without having to have a little run around the bridge.

Hi Scott, hi DE,

I have a small suggestion for an enhancement of the tactical menu:

Configurable shortcuts to circumvent the use of the mouse within the tactical menu.

Imho the use of the mouse within the tactical menu needs too much time to take the next action (example: I as pilot want to use the teleport function to teleport to the slingshot to use it to take out an enemy crew ship quickly with my warframe). This is hindering in a dense battle and I have to reconfigure my general battle tactics because I can't use the offered Railjack mechanics as quick as necessary.

With a shortcut I could press "L" for the tactical menu and then "5" (as for my example above) immediately to perform a teleport to the slingshot. Or "L" for the tactical menu and then "4" to perform a teleport to the forge. That would save some precious time for me.

It's not a must have but would be a nice enhancement and the digits from 0-9 are unused within the tactical map anyways.

best regards

Example configuration:

Warframe-Railjack-configurable-tactical-

Just spent a few hours playing the new 'jack, and I have to say I absolutely love it.  I think every change was a positive direction.  I'm thrilled to finally have the command crew.  I am most pleased by the expansion of mission content, the seamless blending of regular mission types with railjacks, and the ability to blow up capital ships.  I've been waiting for that since railjack day 1.  Railjack is now everything I always wanted it to be.  (Although the name still puzzles me.  Are we ever going to hijack solar rails or something?)  I really love everything about this update.  Kudos, bravo, well done, and thank you.  But don't think for a second that this makes us even for destroying open world archwing controls.  I still want my loops and barrel rolls back.  I will never forgive, I will never forget...

I don't know if its just me but I strongly dislike railjack 3.0 more then any other railjack before it. 

What I don't like: 

• The mission lengths are like 30 minutes for a 5 wave defense. The reward just doesn't match the time invested (see below) which can make you dislike the game mode. 
  • To many objectives to do in many of the missions with little to no reward, especially for solo players (or not full teams)(see experience story below). 
  • Every new mission so far is 80% running on foot. 20% space. For a space game mode this is kinda lame. 
  • Having Toggle Sprint not seperate from Railjack is frustrating. I like toggle sprint. I do not like Toggle Sprint for Railjack for tight fast maneuvers. Do I have it on because its nice for 80% of the mission? Or do I have it off for 20% of the space?
  • It's just not new or anything fun. To be honest if they removed the standard game modes *cough defense* and just left in the objectives, and give more variety of objectives. I actually think the game mode would be fairly decent. New content is what we are seeking not repeat stand here for 5 waves while enemies trickle in like don't even want to be there. 
  • As it stands now Railjack 3.0 doesn't feel unique or special, time consuming for no reward, and apart from the new corpus objectives it actually isn't very fun. And thats clearly demonstrated by the amount of people advertising for new content. Remember Kuva Weapons? I still see people advertising for groups. I see 0% people adversting for Railjack 3.0. And when you do advertise noone wants to join. This may not be the case in high population servers, but in low population servers its very clear railjack is unpopular. 
  • Necramechs still kinda suck. I dont know I just dont find necramechs fun anywhere in railjack. Even as a whole.... I'm a tenno... who hopes in a warframe.... who hopes in a mechwarrior... erk. Game idenitity issues #101. Space Ninja? More like Space Slug. Casting Time for necramechs is painful, your mech just dies whilst you cant heal it with void dash. Erk just the whole thing about necramechs - just a weak system/ game mode and there is almost NO SPACE NINJA ASPECT of a necramech. Seriously think about your game direction next time you bring out new content. Advertising space ninjas then slowing them down with a hunk of metal bigger then a tank, that doesnt fit through most doorways, with an engine smaller then a Ford Focus that bounces of more walls then Gauss could dream of. Thats the necramech system. Please point to the word fun in that sentence.

Last Mission I ran:

Summary Feedback: Very Unhappy with experience of Railjack 3.0. 

Corpus Defense Total Time 30 minutes: 

• Start mission kill 2x crew ships complete 2x objectives. 1 other human player/teammate. 
  • First objective after 2 minutes and clearing a few enemy space ships. It was a 5-7 minute solo defense - it was the one where you had to run 200+m to kill enemies in multiple rooms. My team mate decided to stay on ship at mr27 because he was worried the ship would die. I said the ship would be fine we have void cloak. But the player preferred to be on the ship. This is important because I want DE to understand what its like to do Railjack 3.0 who aren't with their co-workers. 
  • Second objective was a 3 minute defense solo again. + travel time to get there and clean up the ship which has a couple of fires. The other teammate was trying I am sure. 
  • Get to Defense objective after clearing a few enemy ships flying around slowing me down before entering the building. +w/e time that took.
  • Get to Defense (pyramid) objective after 1-2 minutes of travel. It was then the remaining time doing a 5 wave defense where most enemies take the longest possible route from all 4+ directions while occasionally stopping to hide behind walls and occasionally shoot. By the time I had frustratingly cleared all the stragglers without a nuking frame I could almost hate the game mode if not the game. 
  • 6 Tellurium, 2 Aucrux Capacitors, 52 Asterite, couple of duplicate mods. I think I have a drop chance + mod booster on as well. 
  • Other team mate and I commented how much we hate Railjack 3.0 30 minutes later with almost no rewards. 

Final note I'd love to hear the communities feedback on railjack. Maybe your on a high population server and its the best system you've seen them bring in since Beta. 

Also can you please add attillery fire to pilot make it pilot or gunner level 10 or something. When soloing 90% of the time it is a major hassle to leave from pilot as the ai don't lock onto enemy railjacks they fly randomly with no purpose :). I'd love to pilot and only the pilot can activate the attillery otherwise gunners still have to do the manual run to attillery or fast travel either or.

The defense map is HORRIBLE.  it's too vertical and large!  Part of the reason railjack corpus defense missions are bad and take time.  It needs a redesign across board.  I dislike the map even in ordinary star chat. 

the corpus ship redesign is great except for that particular defense tileset/map   

On 2021-03-26 at 10:59 PM, kholdstare90 said:

Gunnery 10 aimbot is not an upgrade for everyone. I hate that it takes away my control and forces me to miss shots. I was fortunate enough to have tried out gunnery 10 before the skill point reset, found out I despised it and thankfully had it removed from my account.

For me gunnery 10 is 2 negatives, zero positives. Why would I ever want that without the ability to disable it?

I think the aimbot is neat, but like you mentioned, it mostly just ruins your shot. As such it should be toggleable feature, not forced on.

In the efforts to make Railjack more integrated, the Railjack Retrofit has only served to isolate railjack even more IMO

Now that no affinity is gained on equipment for railjack kills, there is very little reason to engage with railjack after obtaining the Railjack locked equipment (Oberon, Ash, Pennant, Quellor, Shedu, Athodai, Nautilus). This is exacerbated by Avionics costing Endo to upgrade. With Prime, Corrupted, and Umbral mods players already have huge endo sinks that affect core Warframe Gameplay. Adding tons of 10 rank mods actively forces newer players away from the mode as most players will recommend they focus on ranking mods more important to core gameplay first.

Taking away the ability to Queue as a host is definitely a step in the wrong direction as well. This forces everyone to invest in their railjack if they want the unique rewards the mode offers, because now there's always a chance that you have to host on a railjack that is woefully under-equipped for the content.

Lastly, dogfight Skirmishes really need to come back. Many railjack players ran Gian Point because they enjoyed the straight fight aspect of it. You don't need to add in Gian Point exactly, but more missions that don't require an away team would be incredible.

17 hours ago, --.Ravakahr.nVbs.-- said:

I don't know if its just me but I strongly dislike railjack 3.0 more then any other railjack before it. 

What I don't like: 

• The mission lengths are like 30 minutes for a 5 wave defense. The reward just doesn't match the time invested (see below) which can make you dislike the game mode. 
  • To many objectives to do in many of the missions with little to no reward, especially for solo players (or not full teams)(see experience story below). 
  • Every new mission so far is 80% running on foot. 20% space. For a space game mode this is kinda lame. 
  • Having Toggle Sprint not seperate from Railjack is frustrating. I like toggle sprint. I do not like Toggle Sprint for Railjack for tight fast maneuvers. Do I have it on because its nice for 80% of the mission? Or do I have it off for 20% of the space?
  • It's just not new or anything fun. To be honest if they removed the standard game modes *cough defense* and just left in the objectives, and give more variety of objectives. I actually think the game mode would be fairly decent. New content is what we are seeking not repeat stand here for 5 waves while enemies trickle in like don't even want to be there. 
  • As it stands now Railjack 3.0 doesn't feel unique or special, time consuming for no reward, and apart from the new corpus objectives it actually isn't very fun. And thats clearly demonstrated by the amount of people advertising for new content. Remember Kuva Weapons? I still see people advertising for groups. I see 0% people adversting for Railjack 3.0. And when you do advertise noone wants to join. This may not be the case in high population servers, but in low population servers its very clear railjack is unpopular. 
  • Necramechs still kinda suck. I dont know I just dont find necramechs fun anywhere in railjack. Even as a whole.... I'm a tenno... who hopes in a warframe.... who hopes in a mechwarrior... erk. Game idenitity issues #101. Space Ninja? More like Space Slug. Casting Time for necramechs is painful, your mech just dies whilst you cant heal it with void dash. Erk just the whole thing about necramechs - just a weak system/ game mode and there is almost NO SPACE NINJA ASPECT of a necramech. Seriously think about your game direction next time you bring out new content. Advertising space ninjas then slowing them down with a hunk of metal bigger then a tank, that doesnt fit through most doorways, with an engine smaller then a Ford Focus that bounces of more walls then Gauss could dream of. Thats the necramech system. Please point to the word fun in that sentence.

Last Mission I ran:

Summary Feedback: Very Unhappy with experience of Railjack 3.0. 

Corpus Defense Total Time 30 minutes: 

• Start mission kill 2x crew ships complete 2x objectives. 1 other human player/teammate. 
  • First objective after 2 minutes and clearing a few enemy space ships. It was a 5-7 minute solo defense - it was the one where you had to run 200+m to kill enemies in multiple rooms. My team mate decided to stay on ship at mr27 because he was worried the ship would die. I said the ship would be fine we have void cloak. But the player preferred to be on the ship. This is important because I want DE to understand what its like to do Railjack 3.0 who aren't with their co-workers. 
  • Second objective was a 3 minute defense solo again. + travel time to get there and clean up the ship which has a couple of fires. The other teammate was trying I am sure. 
  • Get to Defense objective after clearing a few enemy ships flying around slowing me down before entering the building. +w/e time that took.
  • Get to Defense (pyramid) objective after 1-2 minutes of travel. It was then the remaining time doing a 5 wave defense where most enemies take the longest possible route from all 4+ directions while occasionally stopping to hide behind walls and occasionally shoot. By the time I had frustratingly cleared all the stragglers without a nuking frame I could almost hate the game mode if not the game. 
  • 6 Tellurium, 2 Aucrux Capacitors, 52 Asterite, couple of duplicate mods. I think I have a drop chance + mod booster on as well. 
  • Other team mate and I commented how much we hate Railjack 3.0 30 minutes later with almost no rewards. 

Final note I'd love to hear the communities feedback on railjack. Maybe your on a high population server and its the best system you've seen them bring in since Beta. 

You have summarized what has been said about railjack 3.0.

I agree with everything you said.

Archived