Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Devstream Railjack Feedback (Now Closed)

[DE]Rebecca

I've already mentioned some of my feelings in previous posts itt but something occured to me regarding the "content island" complaints people previously had. My thoughts:

• In sorties we occasionally get Cetus Free Roam missions, one simple way you could implement Railjack more into "core warframe" (personally I don't see them as separate but w/e) would be to enable it to come up as a mission in sorties, same thing with fortuna missions. I haven't mentioned Deimos as it has it's own multilayered system with vaults/arcana.
  • Another way to implement it would be to add new bounties to Fortuna/Cetus where the last part of the mission is a railjack mission/objective. It could lead to both familiar and new objectives etc and could be a good way to add a new layer to older content. Implementing RJ and Archwing missions to new bounties in these areas will give players a reason to return and keep playing older content. Just because it's old doesn't mean new things can't be added to it.
  • Having some Railjack mission objectives be Archwing focused might also be another way to integrate things more even if the archwing mission itself is just one of the objectives in the overall mission.
  • With the Jackal/Fomorian events maybe you can make it more like Sortie but with added and optional RJ/Archwing missions which give you access to some bonuses like endo, 100k credits, riven silver etc. Making these added parts optional means players who just want to do the standard event can continue to as they always have and get the usual rewards but players who would like a longer experience can do the 1 or 2 added objectives for fun and some nice bonuses.

As for other things in RJ 3.0:

• Energy and forge should to be reverted to 2.0 as it was important and integral to making missions successful, now not so much if at all. Worth looking at and it seems to be something a lot of players want.
  • Damage needs to be looked at again as it seems non-existant in some missions, some of this is and the point above are tied to how progression in 2.0 felt better. E.g. As the difficulty in missions ramped up you needed to farm parts and use valence fusion to get the most out of them and through that you could tailor your RJ to your liking but also really feel the improvement in your ship. I think the main change needed wasn't to this but just to the material costs involved in improving your RJ (which you have changed which is good!)
  • Being able to boost all the time has removed something that was tied to getting better parts and also added a degree of strategy to RJ. Worth a look at again imo
  • The RJ portions of the mission need to follow the grineer RJ format in terms of the amount of enemies faced and dealt with before you can tackle the objectives. The RJ portion in Grineer missions feels more consequential.
  • Pure railjack missions need to be re-added (Gian Point etc) - one per planet/node would be fine, you can keep the ice mines/freighters etc in them as they are optional. RJ is a fun mode so let RJ fans live their space dog-fighting dreams! Some people may not like it but the standard star chart missions plus Deimos/Cetus/Fortuna are there for them in addition to Steel Path and future content! Also the maps are beautiful, I enjoyed clearing a pure RJ mission and just flying around tbh, you've made something awesome.

Railjack is cool and Warframe overall is a fun game, in hindsight I think what was need was smaller QOL changes rather than a complete overhaul and it might be that in the future you look at new additions to older content (as mentioned above) and smaller changes before asking players about bigger changes they would like to see in some game modes. I read somewhere that improving by 5-10% plus at a time isn't feasible but 1% at a time is easier to do and leads to bigger improvement cumulatively and more consistenly. Hope this helps 😀

I feel like the onslaught matrix aura mod should always be able to reflect damage as long as the railjack has any amount of shields, instead of only being able to reflect damage at 80% or more shields. 

or maybe it could be the other way around, where it only reflects damage if the railjack has no shields.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb --.Ravakahr.nVbs.--:

Not everyone wants to play wukong, gauss, volt 24/7. Sometimes slow frames are fun. Does that mean they need to be excessively punished?

I don't play any of them in Railjack because there's no need to do so. During the missions I spend most of my time in the pilot's seat, actively fighting space combat enemies. Only a small part of the mission time (about 5 minutes, excluding defense missions) is spent on ground combat, so there's no need for speed warframes.

<irony>And if I were you, I wouldn't accuse the game of being lame just because you think you'd rather be out sightseeing than making an effort to complete your missions quickly, as your mission clients would like you to do. <ironyoff>😁

2 hours ago, cliffghost said:

I don't play any of them in Railjack because there's no need to do so. During the missions I spend most of my time in the pilot's seat, actively fighting space combat enemies. Only a small part of the mission time (about 5 minutes, excluding defense missions) is spent on ground combat, so there's no need for speed warframes.

<irony>And if I were you, I wouldn't accuse the game of being lame just because you think you'd rather be out sightseeing than making an effort to complete your missions quickly, as your mission clients would like you to do. <ironyoff>😁

You are 100% a troll. Anyway if you do solo missions on new Corpus content you will understand where I get the 80% ground 20%, space combat, which many people have already agreed upon is the feels to be the case. Even if you spend "all of your time in the pilot chair" the new missions have only 2 crewships to kill, 0 fighters and the rest is objectives, try participating in the rest of the mission. Have a good easter. 

Make some sort off landing craft charge for the railjack in openworld/normal mission.So your railjack appears in the sky and does a certain action.such as firing and artillery barrage at ground targets or maybe drop of your crew so they follow you around and kill enemies.This would make the landing craft support charges be used more,and so the railjack wouldnt be limited to just railjack missions.

On 2021-01-29 at 9:35 PM, DrivaMain said:
  1. A Tutorial mission for new players.
  2. Permission system. Set permissions in your ship for Flux, Side Guns, Artillery, Pilot Seat, and forge. Railjack is currently too easy to be griefed. The permission tier can be anyone -> clan mates -> friends -> yourself only
  3. Mission vote system. Stop randoms from hijacking the Railjack into another mission.
  4. The nav console should only be used by the railjack owner.
  5. Solo Extraction option after mission is completed.

Intrinsic feedback :

1. Rework Gunnery 10. A split second snap only annoy people. Would be better if it’s a long duration target lock or a 360 degree view in the artillery controls
  2. Engineering 10 remote repair shouldn’t cost double revolite and not lock the player on the mini map because leaving the mini map  aborts the process.

I totally agree with 3 especially with randoms starting other missions.DE needs to impliment some sort of permission system(like you said) that the owner of the railjack can allow players to do certain actions.Ive also had players random refining the forge without having the slightest idea of what is does,this is the same with auxillery as they tend to randomly fire them out of pure curosity.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb --.Ravakahr.nVbs.--:

You are 100% a troll. Anyway if you do solo missions on new Corpus content you will understand where I get the 80% ground 20%, space combat, which many people have already agreed upon is the feels to be the case. Even if you spend "all of your time in the pilot chair" the new missions have only 2 crewships to kill, 0 fighters and the rest is objectives, try participating in the rest of the mission. Have a good easter. 

I just know how to play the Railjack content, no matter what you think. Good bye... 🤣

Text in english

Hello, I never came to the forum to use feedback, I always did bug reports, but everything has a first time. Well, Railjack is much better, but they could improve (after all it is always possible to improve, I do not doubt you in this regard), I saw some things that, in my view, are a little out of context, together with a friend (DANTEDRAGON) we talked to some players and they agreed with us, and we thought it was cool to bring that idea to you.

- Addition of LEVEL in the crew, so we could follow a progress of the crew.

1.1 - The crew member would start with 0 and go up to 30.

1.2 - It was noticed that the artillery level 5 is ALMOST AIMBOOT (just an example), to revert this the crew member would earn one per percentage for each level he leveled up to reach the maximum.

1.3 - The unions are not limited to only discounts on the crew, but also on small BUFFs and XP DEBUFFs on the crew. It could be 10% per level, be it for more or for less. For example, if a player has the Red Veil  level 5 and Arbiters of hexis level -2, it will give a BUFF of 50% XP to the crew of Red Veil and a DEBUFF of 20% in crew Arbiters of hexis.

2nd - The number of the crew's skill skills is not the maximum start, but his POTENTIAL I try to keep in mind that the crew would start from LEVEL 0.

2.1 - The artillery level 5 crew member (using artillery as an EXAMPLE) would have a 10% accuracy base and the other 90% would be acquired with each level upgraded (3% per level up to level 30, totaling 100%, I am using values TOTALLY UNREAL to exemplify).

2.2 - What would force players to go to lower levels giving more chances for forming better random groups on the planets.

3rd - The points that would be “given” by the ability of intrinsic COMMAND, would now be training, as if it were “forms”, returning the crew member to level 0.

3.1 - The idea of being like a training ground was also raised, taking a while to complete (6/12/24 hours according to each level of command score).

3.2 - This would also encourage sales of crew spaces.

4th - Retire crew members, as at the time of hiring he has a past history, in his retirement he achieves redemption, a short story of how he managed to get over it while working with you.

4.1 - Retired crew members could be wandering around the dojo randomly in order to appear more “populated”, which would put more emphasis on some decorations.

4.2 - When firing a level 30 crew member, I would give a small random reward (like endo, credits, kuva and etc).

4.3 - Only crew members who have undergone the three trainings (of the command skill) could become a Token of the crew member's syndicate (as if they were Deimos' animal markers), thus remaining in the inventory, if the player wants, he could donate to the dojo as a decoration (4.1) or use as a currency of exchange in future updates.

5th - The level 10 of the COMMAND intrinsic skill would be the redistribution of a crew member's “base points”.

5.1 - This skill would not be free, it would be necessary tokens (4.3) of the crew member who wants to redistribute the points (talking to some players we have reached a number between three to five tokens).

5.2 - Crew members who have already had their points redistributed can no longer become tokens, only be dismissed (4.2).

6th - The addition of a pilot change mode.

6.1 - Within the game options, a button to change the flight mode of the railjack by turning off the horizontal auto-leveling (horizon in space?).

I hope to at least try to get this to the game developers, and I hope the community likes it too.

text translated in google translator

=====================================================X=====================================================

Texto Original

Olá, nunca vim ao fórum utilizar um feedback, sempre fiz reports de bugs, mas tudo tem uma primeira vez. Bem, Railjack está muito melhor, mas poderiam melhorar (afinal sempre é possível melhorar, não duvido de vocês ne quesito), vi algumas coisas que ao meu ver estão um pouco fora de contexto, junto com um amigo (DANTEDRAGON) falamos com alguns jogadores e eles concordaram conosco, e achamos legal levar essa ideia até vocês.

1º – Adição de NÍVEL no tripulante, assim poderíamos acompanhar um progresso do tripulante.

1.1    O tripulante começaria com 0 e iria até o 30.

1.2   – Foi percebido que o nível 5 de artilharia é QUASE AIMBOOT (apenas um exemplo), para reverter isso o tripulante ganharia uma por porcentagem a cada nível que ele upar até chegar no máximo.

1.3   – Os sindicatos não se limitarem apenas a descontos no tripulante, mas também em pequenos BUFFs e DEBUFFs de XP no tripulante. Poderia ser 10% por nível, seja ele para mais ou para menos. Por exemplo no caso se um jogador tem os sindicatos Red Veil Véu Rubro nível 5 e Arbiters of hexis Arbitros do Hexis nível -2, dará um BUFF de 50% de XP para os tripulantes da Red Veil Véu Rubro e um DEBUFF de 20% em tripulantes Arbiters of hexis Arbitros do Hexis.

2º –  O número das skills de habilidade do tripulante não ser o máximo de início e sim seu POTENCIAL tento em vista que o tripulante começaria do NÍVEL 0.

2.1    O tripulante de nível 5 de artilharia (usando artilharia como EXEMPLO) teria como base de acerto 10% e os outros 90% seriam adquiridos com cada nível upado (3% por nível até nível 30, totalizando 100%, estou usando valores TOTALMENTE IREAIS para exemplificar).

2.2    – O que forçaria os jogadores a irem em níveis mais baixos dando mais chances para formação de melhores grupos aleatórios nos planetas.

3º – Os pontos que seriam “dados” pela habilidade de intrínsecos COMANDO, seria agora treinamentos, como se fosse “formas”, voltando o tripulando para o nível 0.

3.1   – Também foi levantada a ideia de ser como um campo de treinamento, levando um tempo para ser concluído (6/12/24 horas de acordo com cada nível de pontuação de comando).

3.2   – Isso também fomentaria as vendas de espaços de tripulantes.

4º – Aposentar tripulantes, como na hora da contratação ele tem uma história passada, em sua aposentadoria ele conseguir uma redenção, uma pequena história de como ele conseguiu dar a volta por cima ao trabalhar com você.

4.1 – Tripulantes aposentados poderiam ficar vagando no dojo aleatoriamente afim de parecer mais “povoado”, o que traria mais ênfase em algumas decorações.

4.2 – Ao demitir um tripulante nível 30 daria uma pequena recompensa aleatória (como endo, créditos, kuva e etc).

4.3 – Apenas tripulantes que passaram pelos três treinamentos (da habilidade de comando) poderiam virar um Token do sindicado do tripulante (como se fossem os marcadores de animais de Deimos), permanecendo assim no inventário, se o jogador quiser, poderia doar ao dojo como uma decoração (4.1) ou usar como moeda de trocas em atualizações futuras.

5º – O nível 10 de da habilidade de intrínsecos de COMANDO seria a redistribuição dos “pontos base” de um tripulante.

5.1   – Essa habilidade não seria de graça, seria necessário tokens (4.3) do sindicado do tripulante que se quer redistribuir os pontos (conversando com alguns jogadores chegamos ao um número entre três a cinco tokens).

5.2   – Os tripulantes que já tiveram seus pontos redistribuídos NÃO podem mais virar tokens, apenas serem demitidos (4.2).

6º – A adição de um modo de alteração de pilotagem.

6.1    Dentro das opções do jogo um botão para alterar o modo de voo da railjack desligando a auto- nivelamento horizontal (horizonte no espaço?).

Espero ao menos tentar chegar com isso até os desenvolvedores do jogo, e espero que a comunidade também goste.

In-game contact

1stConde

dantedragon

Railjack is worse than ever before. 

Space vs Ground combat feels totally disconnected. The players actually wanted new game modes for railjack.... which means for the space part of it. Instead we got the space part cut and already existing ground mechanics added on top. There is very little reason to play Railjack other than grinding for endo or credits (which btw. renders other areas of the game totally useless now -> e.g. Index).

Also the loot balancing is terrible. In more than 200 Corpus Railjack missions in Pluto and Veil Proxima I only got a total of 4 Lavan and Vidar MKIII Turrets. In the last run doing just 3 Exterminate missions I got a total of 19 Zetki MKIII turrets. The balancing here is a total mess.

I liked to play Railjack prior the Corpus update. Now I have reached the point where I never want to touch Railjack anymore.

After playing the new Corpus Railjack I have some thoughts about some of the new mission structuring. A lot of what I wanted out of Railjack is now present in the game, however it still needs a lot of polishing in some areas, obviously. I'm going to leave aside matters of loot and resources, bugs and such and focus on mission structure.
Volatile is a fun sabotage variant mission type. It's cool to see the Orphix back. The capital ship attack objective is very well done and is up there with Kuva Assault and a few others as favorite missions: it encourages some coordination, and has a narrative element to it, and various sub-objectives that make you feel like you are actually participating in some kind of operation. More stuff like this please.

The integration of classic mission types into RJ missions is a good thing, but some of them are better suited to the amalgamation than others. Defense in particular, is a dud. It feels absolutely anticlimactic to do all this space stuff and then go camp yet another cryopod for 5 solid minutes. And then Endless rotations..? No thanks. Please think outside of this box. Defense could be better if it had some stages to it: (hack this, set up a barrier, deal with/shut off some environmental hazard, repair the barrier...), but as it is, just not really shiny alongside newer stuff, throws how dull it is into too much relief. If a player does want that kind of experience they are better served to simply go straight to Hydron or whatever, drop straight into Defense gameplay without all the extra hassle.
Mobile defense, while only slightly different, fits better due to the action. Alternately, adopting a feature of the Uranus Defense tileset, where the objective location can change significantly would also be an improvement. Perhaps the problem is more with the newer Corpus Ship Defense tile itself, its a very slow tile action-wise, with poor flow, where enemies wander around lost and every wave you have to hunt the last of them down in every little nook, I must admit I groan every time this tile pops up.

The other thing I'm not really sold on is the transition from RJ to "Classic" mission mode. It's like a worse Friendship door, a bottleneck to the action, and it feels inconsistent with other locations that can be freely and seamlessly explored. I'm not really sure how to suggest resolving it because I'm sure you have your reasons for that choice, but it doesn't feel right and in the worst cases, is pretty annoying when one guy is off flying around, you're waiting to enter the ship and watching the Railjack health get pounded down.

Not exactly railjack, but from the railjack updates.

I just noticed the loss of functionality from the new UI elements. When looking at invasions, they do not show mission type or reward anymore. Please give us back the old, functional UI or at least put back the info we had previously if we must have the tiny cramped UI.

I used to love this game, my beginning journey with this game was one of the best I've ever had. Although its cool to see like over the top content of the game in terms of story board and game play effects, i think one of the biggest down side to the game is one in which many think is good, "the speed" of the game. It becomes brainless game play once you get used to and can get away with anything with speed dashing and flying zooming pass enemies with little to no consequences at all to finish your objective. You kill enemies with abusing abilities or just over moded guns. The way of introducing new weapons need to come to an end and start rebalancing the weapon instead of reskinning them, there are many weapons i wish to try but newer weapons seem more stronger. My beginning journey with this game was great not because of what have at the end, but rather because it was slow from the beginning and where tactics are more relevant. where as now if i don't dash or speed to keep up with my team mates in co op mode i feel like i would be left out and always going to be the last man to be waiting on as they all speed through the mission as if i wasn't needed. I like to play this game with people, but i like to feel contributed, and that its more of a challenge rather then being an over power overlord, and if i don't become an over power overlord like everyone else then i would just feel left out. My suggested solution is introduce a game mode with nerfed abilities and speed and damage, almost become like another shooting game, but i feel warframe would do great with those kind of feature because this game stands out in terms of smooth combat play style. I wish this game the best and hope my opinion can be in consideration someday.

For Corpus railjack mission, I think we are going well, but there's something to add to the polish :

- Entering mission shouldn't put everyone into the mission and make railjack invincible

What Grineer skirmish does right is no forced team to do the mission. I think we can remove that part so if players want to enter multiple places solo, they can.

Another part that we can remove is making railjack invincible when doing main objective. This makes railjack not fleshed out so by removing invincibility, coupled with optional entering, it becomes a two front battle

With that, we can put some extra stress to the mission such as reinforcement that needs to be taken down with railjack before they reach the ground team, making the fight more connected

56 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

For Corpus railjack mission, I think we are going well, but there's something to add to the polish :

- Entering mission shouldn't put everyone into the mission and make railjack invincible

What Grineer skirmish does right is no forced team to do the mission. I think we can remove that part so if players want to enter multiple places solo, they can.

Another part that we can remove is making railjack invincible when doing main objective. This makes railjack not fleshed out so by removing invincibility, coupled with optional entering, it becomes a two front battle

With that, we can put some extra stress to the mission such as reinforcement that needs to be taken down with railjack before they reach the ground team, making the fight more connected

They explained why this was not possible in the last dev stream.

On 2021-03-30 at 3:04 AM, cliffghost said:

Run faster. That would shift your percentages a lot.

On 2021-04-02 at 9:52 AM, cliffghost said:

I just know how to play the Railjack content, no matter what you think. Good bye... 🤣

in other words. You're a leech. People like you are the kind we throw out the airlock asap.

Now I'm not sure if this has been addressed in here. But There's is a growing number of people who voiced their disagreement regarding the moving of oberon and ash's drop location to railjack. The consensus is largely Negative. The move is a huge nerf to everyone.

Now we understand if you cannot put new content to railjack defense. But moving old content to entice your player base to do railjack runs directly against what people actually want. All this move did was limit the choices of easily accesible frames for newbies. And clogging up and disappointing veterans with a part they've already accumulated of by the the thousands,  if not more.

This is an easily fixable problem, and would take a lot of heat off your already divisive update.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Dangruff:

in other words. You're a leech. People like you are the kind we throw out the airlock asap.

You don't know what you're talking about, but you talk anyway, don't you? If you would at least make an effort to understand something...

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses... 🤨

PREMISE

The addition of the crew in the railjack has made the experience much more pleasant for those who want to play alone or with a small number of people compensating for the lack of other players in the party.

However, despite the great contribution these NPCs give, they are still subject to many limitations (in particular on the type of actions they can do in their respective role) which make the solo experience clumsy and stagnant.     (examples: The necessity to stop a fight and abandon the rudder in order to craft resources; to change gunners role in order to stop them from shooting unwanted targets; the inability to manage their priority and avoid wasting it on invulnerable objects; the critical damage received while standing still using FA; the very annoyance of transitioning continously between FA and Pilot station and so on) 

MY SUGGESTION

My idea starts from what I think is the fulcrum behind the use of the comand system: the (total or partial) replacement of the coordination with other real players with an engaging customized AI management and consists in being able to give each crew member specific orders related to their role.

ENGINEER

1.  Craft x1 of the selected resource ---[ energy / rj armor / ammo / dome charges ]
  2.  Queue Craft x5 (Starts a queue to craft x5 of the selected resource. Queue will take into account stations and materials availability and stop when one of the previous conditions is not met)
  3.  Cancel Queue  

GUNNER

1. Pause / Unpause Shooting
  2. Prioritize ------ [Fighters/Crewships/Ramlets/Nearest Enemy]
  3. Use Forward Artillery -----> [enter FA Mode]

Set of orders while in [FA Mode]

1. Fire Artillery ! (charge and shoot in the direction of your reticle)
  2. Return to turret ------> [exit FA Mode]

PILOT

1. Set Behaviour          

•    Aggressive  (travel forward main objectives, search for enemies and attack)
  •    Cautious     (avoid engangement, flee from combat but keeping a distance of max 6k meters from main objective, use drift. manouvers if too much damage is received)

2. Stop/ Move Railjack

3. (When firing) Prioritize :

• Figthers
  • Crewships

4. Mark and Attack (Pilot will ignore his current set behaviour and travel to, follow and attack only the marked target. Once destroyed, he will return to previous behaviour)

DEFENDER  -> WARRIOR [PH]

1. Patrol Railjack   (Patrol and defend railjack from invaders)

2. Go into Archwing Slingshot ------> [enter INVADER Mode]

Set of orders while in [INVADER Mode]

1. Invade Crewship

(Warrior is launched into on range crewship on reticle. He will attempt to kill every enemy on the ship. If reactor is destroyed or crewship health drop to 0 he will retreat.)

2.Retreat (any warrior previously dispatched is teleported back on the ship and after few seconds re-enter into the Archwing Slingshot)

3.Return to Patrol -----> [exit INVADER Mode] , exit from slingshot and return to patrol.

HOW TO IMPLEMENT

Orders could be given using the tactical ui OR by making the icons in the player list on top right screen interactable. A click on one of those icon would display a drop-down menu with the options available for the current role of the crew member. 

As for the current system of stat points, I would make the "more advanced" commands unlockable at certain levels. For example: make the "queue craft" unlockable at 5 points invested in the "Engineer" category.

As for the intrinsics and how to unlock this system... in my mind, this would be the perfect rank 9 or 10 ability intrinsics.

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS 

There are many other actions that I would like to put among the possible orders, but they would be much more difficult to code or they would make the game too automated. Many of these, for example, concern the role of Defender, which unfortunately I recognize to be very limited and uncompetitive with the rest of the roles (even with my idea). To this end, I reserve the right to update and improve this idea over time.
In my proposal, I have tried to pursue the delicate balance of providing the player with more tools without allowing them to trivialize the game, but simply to compensate for the absence of other players, with an assignment system that keeps the user mentally engaged while also making the experience more fluid and enjoyable . Hope you found anything of this long post usefull or interesting. Thank you.

Archived