Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Devstream Railjack Feedback (Now Closed)

[DE]Rebecca

Im glad for:

1. As much as possible new weapons for railjack(like photor, apoc, cryophon)

2. Using necramechs on Railjacks, Anomalies, and Grineer Ships.

3. Ability to summon Kuva Lich.

4. New avionics for railjack

5. How about the ability to knock out modular parts of the archwing through a railjack?

6. Void boss. Like eidolons, orb's, but for railjack void.

Well, the most obvious issue right now is that Railjack is a content island completely separated from other content islands.
Now: you can't escape the content island nature of it. But you can help by trying connecting it to other content islands.
How about railjack fissures? How about railjack sorties? Railjack syndicate missions? Of course, with rewards having an extra bonus to them, so that players felt compeled to do it.

Another thing, in my opinion, is lack of weaponry. The choice of weapons for railjack is boring right now and they are poorly balanced. Cryophon is pretty much worthless, tether is too strong, Others are... Alright. But we still don't have a massive single-shot cannon to destroy enemies across the sector.
No, not your primary cannon. I mean just normal "shoots slow, hits hard" cannon. Cryophon, but for long range.

We also still don't have a status chance avionic. Then again, RJ status chances don't seem to be anywhere as good or useful as Heat+Viral. But maybe i'm wrong...

This is not so much a railjack related idea, but something that railjack could benefit as well: advanced waypoint system. Right now we can just put a marker onto something and then either the players figure it out by themselves, or we have to warn them in chat what the mark is for.
How about waypoint system where we can assign messages to marks? "Rare Resource here", "Priority Target", "Repair Needed" and so on. Could benefit RJ's cooperation.

We also need more avionics that help with farming. Farming the unique resources in RJ is something many people have strong opinions on (my personal one being that i find it relaxing and can do it while watching youtube). But having avionics - and as a result - RJ loadouts specifically made for resources farming could be an interesting. Increased resource vaccum, resource scanner that highlights asteroids and other scrap and so on (similiar to loot radar in grounded gameplay). Maybe even a system to mimic mining on the ground, with special mining guns? I always found mining stuff in space to be some of the most relaxing gameplay in many games that i've played.

And of course - more customisation will be welcome. The 2 RJ skins were a very nice touch, but there's always room for more.
Also: RJ ephemeras?

Quick feedback :

- Don't make it grindier : We already spend so much time in missions, so please, don't add mobile defenses missions like you shown in a recent devstream. 

- Make the arsenal accessible between missions : Right now, it's only working in the dojo, so, I don't see the point in having it in the Railjack if we can't use it between runs.

- We don't need more avionics : Some of them are useless right now, they just need a rework. 

- Add a dedicated Sentient anomaly mission : Having an anomaly objective when you're rushing through missions is so annoying. You might also add SS sentient fighters to it.

- Make companions usable for the pilot : Every pilot is disadvantaged because their kavat/kubrow/sentinel is disabled. Which is unfair. 

- Add real teamplay mechanics : You showed interesting teamplay mechanics at the 2018 TennoCon. This might be the time to implement them in the game.

- The Railjack is an empty ship : I remember seeing a huge foundry in the middle of the Railjack in the 2018 demo. Why not re-using it to change the equipment of the RJ between missions? And there's plenty of space at the bottom of the Railjack, I honestly don't see the point of it. There could be something to do with it? Add a huge map there or something?

- Lich integration : Don't add this joker requiem you mentioned, just delete the murmur grind and let us invade a Lich Ship as much as we want while keeping the parazon mods. We'll still have to try combinations, but it'll be better than what we currently have.

I guess that's it.

1) Things and places to find in missions! 

So far we only have that infested ruin. And its still exciting to stumble upon it, it makes world feel bigger, alive, filled with stuff. Add more! Not necessarily hostile, just something to make it all feel alive. Some ideas:

Corpus spy base in Grineer space

Grineer sabouter base in Corpus space

Ruins with powerful dormant sentient from Old War - who awake when Tenno stumble upon it

Solaris asteroid mining camp. Chance to buy some comestics/debt bonds/kitgun parts/maybe some new weapons or orbiter decorations.

Small damaged rail tractor, filled with containers of PoE/Vallis resources and either Infested or rebel robots

Lost Tenno extractor drone, that can be repaired with revolite (lots of revolite), and award an extractor (would be nice to see them in-game, so they are part of the world, not just mechanic)

Chunk of void-lost Orokin ship from Old World, with rabid Necramech on board and rewarding Void Traces

Chunks of destroyed Fomorians, filled with Grineer workers, maybe a few guards, and dropping Omega Isotopes

Ostron market, caught in wrong place and time (chance to buy some Ostron decorations, since you refuse to add them to Cetus market)

Orokin ruin with surprisingly intact conservatory inside, including various plants to scan, animals to tranq, kavats to scan, maybe even fish to catch (new animals and fish would be nice, obviously, but old would work just as well).

Asteroids that can be mined for a mix of open world ores, plus stuff like Titanium, Tellurium, Asterite, etc

Derelict but functional Railjack, driven by crazed cephalon, that is hard to destroy, but it awards a lot of different wreckage.

Rail agent's station, that is bereft of rewards, but the rail agent shares gossip (kinda like Nora's radio)

Orokin ruin with Derelict Vault (and some Corrupted). If you don't have a Dragon Key, you can find a way to expose a weak point from inside, and blast that weak point with Forward Artillery, opening the vault... although then you'd have to grab the artefact really quickly, since the ruin would disintegrate from the damage in twenty seconds.

2) Environment hazards

You have those real pretty gas clouds, glowing mines/fuel capsules/whatever, asteroids, magnetic anomalies, but they are all for show... add something for us to fight around! So far there are only scattered turrets, and of course objectives shooting missiles and ramsleds at you. Not enough! Some ideas:

Dust clouds that hide you as long as you're not shooting

Trap-webs that span a large area, shocking Archwings and infliciting Electric Hazard to RJ

Real big magnetic anomalies, that can be tricky to escape for a RJ (or enemy fighters, though they would avoid them) and deal continuous damage to it if RJ remains in the even horizon

Giant infested spores, which cause Railjack to be boarded by a bunch of weak, yet still annoying Infested

Actual proximity mines, that go click! and you have two seconds to run away to minimize damage taken

Large weapon-disabling pulses, that shut down archguns and ordnance, forcing AWs and RJs to avoid them, or use archmelee and turrets.

Schrapnel clouds that can shred an Archwing in second or perforate a Railjack, but can do same to enemies if you manage to pull them into those clouds

Spilled plasma fuel, which is dormant, but big explosions or powerful shots through them cause them to ignite, becoming a cloud of pure incendiary damage

Unnaturally cold space areas (probably with void theme), which freeze Railjacks' doors and turn archwings into icicles.

Meteor showers, that you gotta hide from behind asteroids and maybe send an Archwing out to spot safe moment for Railjack to dash from one asteroid's cover to another

Big empty tanks from some orbital installations. Fairly indestructible, behave like helium barrels in Jupiter Gas City, except these ones are larger than a Railjack. To be used for some fun physics gameplay - push them before you with ramming or ordnance blasts to absorb enemy fire, meteors, or trigger mines. Or have enemies smash into them and explode.

Pulse turbines that ACTUALLY boost enemy fighters by a fair amount when they are nearby, but also are much easier to destroy (Forward Artillery blast should suffice)

3) More different enemies! Especially from other parts of the game!

So far ALL enemies in Railjack are unique to it. Virtually nothing from base game is used, making it feel disconnected. This includes both space enemies and crewship/station infantry.

So, why not add:

Dargyn and Dreg swarms, that block fire, intercept ordnance missiles, clog up Tether, etc

Ogma variants as melee fighters, that use a claw to grab onto Railjack and begin sawing it open with the other "arm"? Bolkors, refitted with some heavier weapons, as really really tough fighters, immune to pulling abilities, requiring multiple Ordnance blasts and even warranting an Artillery one.

Crewships and Bolkors could also deploy Zeplens from Fomorian fights.

Different "factions" of space Grineer. Hey, this asteroid base is manned by Queens' personal guard! Kuva troops everywhere! And those ships are Vay Hek's, and full of Tusk infantry. And Nightwatch would make perfect sense, since who but the elite strikeforce would be fit to take on spacefaring Tenno menace?

More different boarders would also be nice. For instance, a Ramsled filled with nothing but Rollers. Or Ghouls.

Also, I personally have a soft spot for Draga grineer (the underwater ones, from Uranus) which look really cool, have cool weapons, but its very rare that they are seen properly. Since they already wear breathing apparatuses and stuff, you can make them kinda one-man assassin boarders, soaring through space on jet packs, too small to be shot down with ordnance, and becoming lone semi-elite combatants should they board the Railjack.

4) Cross-gameplay rewards

So, we got Pennant, Quellor, and Spectra Vandal for normal missions in Railjack... and that's it. Railjack even barely drops Archwing mods! (besides the elemental ones from Captains/Commanders). And absolutely nothing in regular gameplay awards anything for Railjack! (aside from laughable amounts of resources from eximi). That's one of the reasons Railjack feels like an island, you know. Sure, you started to add RJ resources to crafting of regular things, but come on, that's baby steps. This comes in three parts:

So, first of all, it would be really nice for Railjack to become an alternative to some in-game farms.

If a node is occupied by Kuva units, there might be containers of Kuva aboard Crewships or in stations. Or maybe an entire Kuva siphon?

A void storm! Chance to earn Void traces! Or maybe a void rift, in which you can put one relic and it gets refined to Radiant for free!

That Crewship has a container of Hexenon it uses as fuel.

Caravan of Firbolgs is carrying Cryotics offworld. Shoot them down to collect.

I already mentioned cargo ships carrying open world resources. Some players don't like farming open worlds, so this would be a nice alternative.

Likewise, asteroids that you can mine Tellurium from.

Second, make Railjack use rarely-used resources from base game.

What about an incendiary turret (or ordnance) that is built using Javlok Capacitors? 

Orokin-style bouncing disk-launching turret (or ordnance) built out of Orvius parts?

Ship coordinates are fairly useless right now. What about using them to power, I dunno, radar sweeps, that would reveal inert asteroids/ruins as points of interest (as in 1))

I outlined some here, by the way: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1194417-trills-ideas-weapons-missions-reworks/

Third, make base game source of MORE Railjack stuff.

For instance, if you like spacefighting alone, Legs in Fortuna could sell you a Tactical Avionic that temporarily deploys a whole bunch of his custom Moas inside Railjack when used, and they proceed to kick boarders' butts.

Or if you like boarding Crewships, but don't have a tough enough frame yet, Arbiters of Hexis could offer you a gear item, that automatically deploys a benevolent Arbitration Drone when you enter a Crewship, which gives you a 10-second window of invulnerability to hack the reactor shield and black it to shreds.

Grineer Shipyard and Corpus Ice Planet is particular should drop quite a bit of avionics and even Wreckage - it only makes sense! Even if they are basic ones, 

Fourth, make Railjack reward stuff for base game

Archwing/Archgun/Archmelee mods, weapons (I mention Draga grineer - in-game they have a unique-looking Sidon polearm which could be another reward), other mods, I don't have to tell you. At least cosmetics!

5) Encourage different playstyles

So far most players nuke everything with Tether/Void Hole and blow Crewships up with Forward Ordnance (if it has shields, its a shot of Tycho Seeker beforehand). No variety. Archwing slingshot useless, turrets useless. You would probably fix this with balance changes (and they are needed, don't get me wrong), but what if different playstyles rewarded different things?

Those rare resources from base game I mentioned? Only available from boarding Crewships and thoroughly looting them.

Also, it may be hard to implement, but I'd differentiate between "heavy" damage (Ordnance, Artillery, combat avionics) and "light" damage (Archwings, Turrets). Heavy damage would have a higher chance to produce resources (as wreckage is reduced to base components by explosive force), while Wreckage would be more often produced by light damage, as more of the enemy ship remain intact). Hence, there would be profit in using both. Running out of revolite and no resources to craft more? Blast that fighter with Ordnance and collect resources!

Another thing I'd like you to encourage would be capturing Crewships. Besides looting, they could be useful due to having abilities (either their own, or coming from intrinsics, or even equipped gear item). Abilities of Crewships could be:

Healing Cloud - like the one they deploy to heal their own, except this one would be different color and would heal/protect the Railjack.

Converge - imitate Grineer radio-commands, causing all fighters in large radius to group around the Crewship - facilitiating their desctruction by Railjack team. Or by the following ability...  (this one could require Intrinsics or gear item (Grineer Radio Cypher or something))

Overload - toggled. Boosts Crewship's speed and fire rate (which would offset the fact its so sloooow), but every second has ever increasing chance to make the reactor meltdown. In addition, I'd make exploding from reactor meltdown Crewships damage fighters in large area, so that would be another incentive to board them.

Ramsled - packs the Tenno who uses this into a ramsled and fires at the target, like Archwing Slingshot. Bypasses Skold Crewship shields. Yes, you can leave the reactor Overloaded as you leave.

6) Make Vidar/Zetki/Sigma weapons USEFUL

Pretty straightforward. So far they are just Dirac fodder (and Dirac is fairly useless at this point to many of us). You had such a chance to introduce variety with differently shifted stats of similar guns, and you still can.

However, I'd also do the following: make really rare avionics of the following style: ""Vidar Incendiary Battery" - increases Incendiary damage of Vidar armaments and ordnance (yeah, add Ordnance to the house system) by 30%".  Not quite Rivens (all combination and bonuses are pre-set, nothing random), but getting one would make you consider changing your weapons.

7) Intrinsics don't work too well as lines

It is boring progression, due to geometric cost increase there is very little choice between which one to invest in, and eventually everything is equally good at everything.

Make us pick one of, say, three traits at every level of each Intrinsic. Split bonuses into smaller chunks. Say, I invest my points in Engineering. At this level, can improve forge times, amounts produced, or maybe reduce Revolite consumption. Next level, I can improve refinement, grant myself movespeed for each breach/fire/etc, or further increase amounts produced. Next level is just amounts produced, but you choose which resource you want to produce more of. And so on. This would include a CHOICE of powerful bonuses on last level, since, for instance, I really dislike Anastasis (it makes engineering gameplay really uninvolved), but if I don't use it, I'm shooting my crew in the foot.

Some obligatory Avionics (Artillery Cheap Shot, for instance) could be nodes here, as could some less popular tactical avionics (Death Blossom for gunnery, Flow Burn for pilots, etc)

Nodes picked could be changed in Drydock, maybe for a small amount of Dirac or, better, Intrinsic points (so there's a measure of serious choice there, and not just "oh, I'll run this today")

Archwing bonuses would really well work as their own Intrinsic tree, to be honest, under both old system and the one I propose. Since you're integrating Necramechs into Intrinsics... maybe Vechicles tree/line? Throw K-Drives (and future mounts?) into the mix?

8) So far you quickly run out of stuff to farm

Maxed out components, so all Wreckage becomes Dirac, all relevant Avionics are maxed out, so is grid, so Dirac is useless, Intrinsics are almost maxed out.

So, what if you could keep earning more Intrinsics, which you could use to respec?

And Railjack resources, wreckage and Dirac could be used in Entrati-like standing system with, say, a new Syndicate - Tenno, rebuilding a railjack fleet for new war, for instance? Or Little Duck preparing for new Scarlet Spear?

9) More cosmetics for Railjacks

Self-explanatory. Doesn't have to be full-blown Railjack models, just skins for separate elements (like Engines) could be cool.

10) Miscellaneous ideas

Simaris synthesis targets in Railjack.

"Steel Path" Railjack, which is basically how Railjack was at the beginning - brutal.

A Necramech that can equip Railjack turret instead of archguns - their stats obviously would be changed, but behaviour would remain.

Avionic (tactical probably) that deploy four Tenno fighters near the Railjack. Exiting Railjack through one of exits near the finger casket would make player pilot the fighter instead. Fighters would be tougher than Archwings and have strong guns, but abilities and blink. This would be an option for players with weaker Arch-stuff, but also provide another gameplay option for other players too.

If you disregard my idea for Intrinsics, let us at least activate Tactical avionics from turret/pilot screen. At least the one in first slot. Pressing L / avionic / ESC wastes too much time. That's why no one uses Flow Burn or Death Blossom. I understand that your intention was that that those would be activated by a different crew member, but it just doesn't work like that in reality.

And that's it. I didn't touch new mission types at all, because those you clearly have underway and they take too much time anyway, so even if you listened, you wouldn't make it 'till March, I guess. Also I avoided any idea that would involve drastic reworks to base game (e.g. idea for reducing mission variant bloat (Nightmare, Syndicate, etc), which would allow those variants to fit Railjack too)).

Some of these ideas I mentioned before, by the way:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1159752-feedback-on-railjack/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1194417-trills-ideas-weapons-missions-reworks/

PS. I use "Gear items" for simplicity, but ideally there would be an option to quip sinlge-use items (let's call them "cargo"?) in Payload screen, that entire Railjack could use like gear.

Thank you for opening this particular forum. I have a few thoughts on Railjack and Archwing as a whole. There are many parts to this particular gameplay and I have some things to comment on it. 

Integration
Railjack currently seems like a standalone island of content unlike what was initially promised. While I understand there are certain limitations when it comes to integrating it to gameplay as a whole, it still would be great if it can be integrated with our current star chart. Examples of this is rare alerts where an enemy ship is delivering important cargo and the Railjack will be needed to disable the ship so that the Tenno can collect the cargo. Having to access the map from another navigation seems off-putting as well. 

Artillery and Protection
Railjack is supposedly a cruiser-class type of ship with an increased amount of firepower that can be utilized even against enemy capital ships. However, the spread of guns available is disappointing lacking. Aside from the shared energy, there is a distinct lack of "Broadside Fire" since the ships is only equipped with four turrets, the main cannon included. There more weapon types are needed for this particular type of combat, and the ability to cycle between them depending on the threats approaching the ship. Another gripe I currently have as well is that there is no way to restore/fortify our shields when they are damaged. While ship damage mechanics is very interesting and affects gameplay, having it spammed all over the gameplay makes them more of a nuisance than an exciting danger. Shields of the railjack should prevent that sort of danger from happening, and we need to have a way to restore our shields without pulling us out of combat too frequently. There also currently no counter measures for endless homing projectiles such as chaff or something (Might need to be considered for the railjack mods)
5993db6418d7c708670b3601d3b1a2f7.jpg

Ship Variation
The first time I've seen Railjack, I've been excited for the possibilities of multiple ships coming into play. With the showcase of Grineer crew ships from the inside whenever we hijack it, I think that there should be different classes of Railjacks, each with different interiors conducive to the types of missions and purposes they serve. Different strengths and caveats. From small skirmishes that only involve destroying targets like fighters, a cruiser or destroyer class Railjack with different main artillery weapons ranging from a massive rail gun or an endless missile pod launcher. However, it would not be able to stand up to the firepower of a Capital Ship for example. However, having a Dreadnaught type of railjack will mean having sufficient armor and weapons to combat a capital ship head on. However, its larger size makes it more difficult to defend against ramsleds and borders, and harder to maneuver. To compensate for that, it can have internal turrets that can be mounted on by players or allied npc's, gives them more things to do at least.
f773dcc9879fdb8c171aaccd5e2c4828.jpg

Mission Types and Ship to Ship Combat
Aside from obliterating fighters and cruisers... there isn't any. Players end up having to go into the capital ship/base while the railjack itself can just be parked miles away. We gotta remove that cheese and apply the same mechanics that was used for bases into capital ships. If no one is controlling the capital ship, it should be in risk of getting blasted out of space by the main artillery cannon of the enemy, so the Railjack needs to constantly be on the move and maybe contribute more from the outside by destroying other parts of the capital ship with say it's main weapon. Destroy thrusters so that the enemy cannot warp off with half the squad aboard, destroy communications antenna so that backup will stop coming. All of these should be optional so that doing them makes the mission easier but still possible to forgo with an efficient enough team.

A few things I'd like to mention. 

- Please let players decide whether they want to start off in their orbiter or railjack. Different housing options would be appreciated. (This kind of extends outside of Railjack but includes such)
- Add more exploration missions, give us a break from just slaughtering millions of things. Missions that mostly involve puzzles, larger scale mining projects, or charting out further away from the solar system
- Please use Solar Rails as hubs as well instead of one time unlocks between planets. Perhaps they can be areas where you can find more schematics for Railjack Parts as well as Archwing Weapons. 
- Archwings need more options for taking out fighterplanes, like latching unto them and pulling the pilot out. Or perhaps taking over enemy fighters. And when is that pursuit mode going to be added. It saves so much a headache from all the spinning. 
- Please add a spherical radar so that players know where exactly their enemies are. Missing an entire axis makes fighting fighters buzzing around the player more annoying than it should, for both Archwing and Railjack. 

18672964_10211915238928615_2734922751225

-If we have liches, let us also be able to call them into battle; them controlling their own battleship to provide assistance especially if we are having difficulty with a Lich

Consider how often one swaps between archwing and railjack/crewship/point-of-interest.

Consider also how each time you swap to archwing, your warframe is purged of buffs.

Now consider how some buffs are passive and do not decay over time.

For such buffs, I propose that instead of simply being wiped from existence, their data is stored - and once the player swaps out of the archwing back to their warframe, the buffs in question are re-applied with the values they had when the player swapped to their archwing previously.

Wreckage capacity  still remains an issue in attempting to max railjack equipment shields, engine, generator and weapons.  In order to repair /upgrade  the equipped elements you need to farm a lot of necessary resources, but by having such a small  wreckage capacity  you are forced to scrap a lot of  useful ones. It's imbalanced the cost for repair/valence fusion with storage capacity for wreckage with the time needed to farm the required materials for repair/valence fusion them.  That's  why i believe a way to upgrade the wreckage storage  capacity  to at least 90 is necessary.

I suppose my feedback would be please stop. 

The best aspect of this game is the freedom of movement system in the parkour. Constantly giving us other means of traversal lessens the core experience.

I know you guys got a big amount of love for the K-Drive. But does anyone care about that anymore? The Mechs people are super into and even allowed you to do a lazy reskin of Scarlet Spear (that everyone hated) and do Orphix Venom (which people aparently like despite it being a worse grind) but they haven't been around long enough for people to really lose interest yet. Archwing is an after thought (you guys stopped talking about modular archwing ages ago and everyone seems to have forgotten about it) and most people I know hate archwing. Railjack isn't good. It's not fast an slick enough to play like an arcade flight game and it isn't complex enough to be a proper sim. It's just in between and this game doesn't need it. People don't play warframe to do space flight. People play warframe to bullet jump with hundreds of weapons and slaughter enemies.

I appreciate that you made a huge investrment in Railjack. I hope you appreciate that the fan base doesn't hate it to spite you. They hate it because it's bad. You wasted a year of developement on Railjack being your big release instead of an open world and it was up til that time the worst year you ever had running this game. Then you doubled down and were like no we are fixing this. And we got Scarlet Spear one of the worst recieved events you've ever released and railjack revisited. Now you are intending to triple down and tie Railjack to Corpus Queenpins and do another run of revisit. And I'm sure Railjack is going to tie into New War in a large formative way. I just wish you guys would stop. 

Seriously. What we need is an overhaul to the games AI. What we need are more specialized anti-warframe units to fight. What we need are enemies that are immune to certain attack types to encourage build diversity (the deimos enemies being viral immune is a good start) we should have enemies of each faction type who are immune to elementals, or IPS and they should be mixed in with normal units. We need enemies with warframe like abilities that can actually have an effect on us. We need the weaker enemy units to support those strong units to try and take us out. 

Frankly to be 100% honest watching this dev stream and how focused you guys were on railjack being the future of the game I had to ask myself if I want to bother going forward. And truthfully I don't know. I think you are taking the game in a bad direction. I think the leadership at the top end is steering the ship poorly. I think you guys are in desperate need of change. I hope you can figure it out. I hope you stop riding the bomb into the ground. 

My hope is that the Railjacks would "feel" powerful even if it meant limiting manuverability. Big forward cannons, much more durability but slower turn rate (faster forward speed though). Side turrets would have opportunity to shine against small ships instead. Make all forward armaments controllable directly from pilot seat, dedicated seat for the charge shot feels stupid.

Drifting and boosting also feels wierd, just make it one layer of boosting and be done with it. Perhaps add some sort of forward void jump instead.

Also get rid of all the craftable ammo/energy and instead make it automatically refresh at a certain rate (mods to improve this?). Engineering would instead focus on strengtening shields, quickening repair systems etc.

Other things I can think of is limiting the times you need to enter and exit bases, make it possible to complete everything on one visit even if you are solo (the scripted boarding pod launch from approaching bases with Railjack makes you want to avoid them anyways).

Gear progression in Railjack is busted , players can skip tier 1 and 2 gear and go straight to farming and building tier 3 making said gear irrelevant as long as someone can taxi players to higher end locations.

I think building new armament or module should require previews tier item , for example to build tier 3 Apoc a tier 2 Apoc woulf be required, and to build tier 2 Apoc tier 1 Apoc would be required. As it stands lower grade gear are useless in their current state and only serves as Dirac fodder.

On top the resource cost should be in my opinion adjusted for tier 1 and 2 as to not burn out player from grinding resources just so they could build tier 3 gear .

id like it to have a more open-ended mission design, like putting navigation on a 1-2min cooldown instead of requiring mission completion while adding derelict ships, salvage opportunities, bounty targets, etc.

i guess what im trying to say is... make the mission objective a suggestion rather than a requirement?

Biggest problem of Railjack is not the Railjack itself. It is the (lack of) gameplay around.

It is like Sea of Thieves in space without fun.

Fighting a bunch of meaningless small space fighters (which even fly without any sense of squadron tactics -> no AI) is just boring. Pilot can do everything alone.

Currently we just not have only one gamemode we also do not have real enemies. Crewships are sitting ducks.

If you fight a hostile ship in sea of thieves every player is needed and no one is forced to play just one role all the time (you can quickly switch between repairing and getting back to the cannon or the steering wheel.

And it is important to be at the cannon or on the hostile ship. In Railjack nothing is important. Pilot does the job and yes maybe someone has to fire the big gun once or twice to kill a crewship.

We need hostile ships where we really have to do some damage on them in order to destroy them. (From in and outside!)

And do not forget the rewards. If you win a battle in sea of thieves you get a lot of rewards.

So please stop caring about railjack weapon and avionic values (railjack revisit1 is ok)  and work on quality gameplay.

To start, I want to say that I really enjoy the railjack gamemode. It adds the bit of challenge that you don't find on ground-level missions, and I love that. I just have a few suggestions on how you could make railjack better for the players

-Make railjack easier solo: Railjack is meant to be a team-oriented gamemode, which makes sense, but when I decide to load into a Veil Proxima mission solo, it shouldn't be that hard to complete the mission. This is due to:

a) A ton of enemy spawns

b) Ramsled spawns

c) The amount of fighters needed to clear the mission

So it would be great to see a better solo element to it. I'm tired of people saying "just use Inaros", when the gamemode is supposed to be fun

-Add more avionics: For this, I don't mean bad Avionics that provide little use or are extremely specific. For example, there are only 3 mods that help with railjack survivability (Bulkhead, Hullweave, Maxima). This means that most railjacks will get shredded at Veil Proxima level stuff, and if Corpus Proxima is also going to be at that high of a level, it's not going to be enjoyable

-More gamemodes: Now, I know this might sound like what everyone has been talking about for the past 2 or so years, but I'm saying: Add more gamemodes... with more enjoyable content. Skirmish is extremely redundant, and with the 25 mission nodes there are, railjack isn't fun with the gamemodes. 

-Did you know Spectra Vandal is only available in railjack?: This entry is less about railjack as a whole, but more so about how the game doesn't tell you anything about it! Back around MR5-6, I had seen friends with Spectra Vandal in their Profiles. I was wondering: Well how do I get my hands on it? Turns out, you have to do RAILJACK to get it. I'd just assumed it was an event-only thing like the Snipetron and Ignis Wraith.

-More stuff like Sentient Anomalies: Unpopular Opinion Time. I love the Sentient Anomalies and I'll try to explain it with little spoilers. The fact that there is only 1 available weapon from sentient anomalies is a sin, and LD's Exotic Goods are actually really great

-New Weapons: I'm fine with the 3 classes we have now, but please give us more weapon variety. We currently have: Projectile Launcher, Projectile Launcher, Short-Range Trash, and Beam. 

Those are my suggestions. If I had to prioritize anything, it'd definitely be the gamemode thing. Skirmish sucks. 

I have been a member of this community and game since March/April 2014. 
My only feedback on railjack is this: Please don't force me to play it to progress. 

• I don't find railjack fun.
  • I don't think it's fun to have limits on the power-fantasy due to the competency of crew-members.
  • I don't find it fun to be a gunman and be limited to 5 strong missiles.
  • My Warframe, the namesake of the game, has zero impact on my ship. I can have an absolutely godly Warframe with godly weapons, and fail because my ship isn't upgraded.
  • I don't find it fun to be worrying about if my ship is about to explode, failing the mission. 
  • I don't find it fun to run around in this massive ship with very little valuable, usable space (Ie forge, turrets - the rest is dead space)
  • My pets are useless. Something that I have invested in as much, if not more, than a favourite weapon, is basically useless. 
  • The weapons, apart from the gunner-specialty missiles, feel like pea-shooters. 
  • Upgrades are not well-explained or intuitive AT ALL. 

I honestly don't know what can be done to "fix" railjack for me... maybe an option for a single-person fighter-type ship? Something fast and sleek that can stealth when exited? (so you don't have to worry about damage while away) 
If there was an option for bots instead of crewmates, it might make the experience more enjoyable (which, I realise, defeats the purpose of railjack)
Let my Warframe give the ship some ability or two. Imagine Nova's orbs, but for the ship. Trinity's link, but for the ship. Whatever it is, let my Warframe do *something* besides dealing with boarders. 
Please add aim-assist or heat-seeking for the normal turrets?

I apologise if I come across a bit salty, it's not intentional. 

2 hours ago, exturkconner said:

I suppose my feedback would be please stop. 

The best aspect of this game is the freedom of movement system in the parkour. Constantly giving us other means of traversal lessens the core experience.

I know you guys got a big amount of love for the K-Drive. But does anyone care about that anymore? The Mechs people are super into and even allowed you to do a lazy reskin of Scarlet Spear (that everyone hated) and do Orphix Venom (which people aparently like despite it being a worse grind) but they haven't been around long enough for people to really lose interest yet. Archwing is an after thought (you guys stopped talking about modular archwing ages ago and everyone seems to have forgotten about it) and most people I know hate archwing. Railjack isn't good. It's not fast an slick enough to play like an arcade flight game and it isn't complex enough to be a proper sim. It's just in between and this game doesn't need it. People don't play warframe to do space flight. People play warframe to bullet jump with hundreds of weapons and slaughter enemies.

I appreciate that you made a huge investrment in Railjack. I hope you appreciate that the fan base doesn't hate it to spite you. They hate it because it's bad. You wasted a year of developement on Railjack being your big release instead of an open world and it was up til that time the worst year you ever had running this game. Then you doubled down and were like no we are fixing this. And we got Scarlet Spear one of the worst recieved events you've ever released and railjack revisited. Now you are intending to triple down and tie Railjack to Corpus Queenpins and do another run of revisit. And I'm sure Railjack is going to tie into New War in a large formative way. I just wish you guys would stop. 

Seriously. What we need is an overhaul to the games AI. What we need are more specialized anti-warframe units to fight. What we need are enemies that are immune to certain attack types to encourage build diversity (the deimos enemies being viral immune is a good start) we should have enemies of each faction type who are immune to elementals, or IPS and they should be mixed in with normal units. We need enemies with warframe like abilities that can actually have an effect on us. We need the weaker enemy units to support those strong units to try and take us out. 

Frankly to be 100% honest watching this dev stream and how focused you guys were on railjack being the future of the game I had to ask myself if I want to bother going forward. And truthfully I don't know. I think you are taking the game in a bad direction. I think the leadership at the top end is steering the ship poorly. I think you guys are in desperate need of change. I hope you can figure it out. I hope you stop riding the bomb into the ground. 

I wish I could upvote this a thousand times. All of what this Tenno said, add it to my post. I could not have said it better myself. 

I generally like railjack, but a little mission diversity would not hurt. You do the same mission's on different "space" sets. Honestly, it would have been better just to have three nodes per planet with rotating "space" sets. I see 7-10 nodes of literally the same mission different "space" set.  A think a focus on mission objective diversity would help solve this. Maybe some odd objectives or side objectives that are attributed to each planet. An example would be : Side Objective: Show the Grineer whos Boss (To acheive this you would ram your railjack into a ship destroying it) I know this might sound silly, but this is just example of higher creativity. Borderlands game series did this to a higher effect like "Scare mortar and look like a badass" Link:

Introduction

Dear DE, here is my opinion on Railjack, on what works well and on what could work better:

Points of Interest

I think a good idea would be increasing rewards from PoI, for example they could give specific amount of Intrinsics. Then players would be doing them with a smile on their face, and not seeing them as something tedious.

Mission types / gamemodes

Railjack would benefit from different types of gamemodes. I was a big fan of the one showed at Tennocon 2019, where our task was to extract something from a derelict tower. Fighting capitol ships also would be nice.

Randomized events

Void Storm sounds amazing, but adding other randomized events on top of that could make each mission even more memorable. Examples: Space debris, black hole of a kind, meteors, remains of an old railjack, orokin towers, etc.

Command Intrinsic

I'm surprised and very happy that you want to release Command Intrinsic in Update 30 (I base this from your official Twitter post). So here are my thoughts what would make it great:

1. Possibility to acquire Crew Members from regular game content, for example: Rescue Missions, Syndicate Missions, Granum Void, maybe even Lich affected nodes.

2. Possibility to recruit Crew Members from: Ticker Shop, Syndicate Shop, etc.

3. Randomized Crew Members Passives (similar to RJ items, it would give incentive to keep farming them, it would also benefit from some sort of Valence fusion: if the player invests in one Crew Member, and then acquires one with the same passive but with higher stats, he could transfer this passive to that crew member)

4. Crew Members taking care of RJ tasks like maybe: auto-piloting ship, shooting from side cannons, fixing ship, using forge, etc.

In conclusion

Update 30 sounds amazing, and it's nice that you want to hear our feedback. I wish you best of luck, and look forward to what you will accomplish.

Please fix all Railjack missions before adding new content. It's horrible to invest nearly half an hour of my lifetime into a mission that I have to cancel just because one door doesn't open. That bug is a showstopper. You've been informed about that for more than a year now and nothing has been fixed since then. Fix it. Now. Please.

Add mutators to Warframe (like in UT). Even in Railjack. If other players want a nerf to Tether, Void hole or any other weapon: Let them select that as a singleplayer/multiplayer mission mutator and add some additional rewards for that. I've spent a lot of time to figure out how to play Railjack in it's current state solo and I'm not really interested to see my investments and efforts go bye-bye just because a handful of players confuse Warframe Railjack with a hardcore space shooter.

Since the various Railjack updates, taken at face value I actually quite like railjack, at least in a solo setting. Nice amount of challenge in solo, though I've had mixed experiences in groups.

The main issue with it is a lack of content. Lack of modes, lack of reason to do it. Once you get through the RJ star chart, all that's left is the handful of weps and the anomaly stuff, which are finite rewards. I have all that I care to get for it personally, so it's just intrinsics, which are mostly useless atm.

The modes and changes planned seems like it'll do a lot, but if rewards aren't there then it'll still feel pretty hollow. More weps and ephemeras and such would be nice, but it needs some evergreen rewards mixed in to give a reason to come back once you've "finished" the content. Alternate methods to get stuff that have ground mission farms: kuva, relic cracking (or void traces), (built) forma, big credit caches, etc.
_______

As for the mixed experiences, I feel like RJ only works in a organized setting, else you jump into a match and have no idea what you need to do. Not sure what the solution to that would be tbh. More concrete roles? I feel like that'd have matchmaking issues though.

Even more annoying though is when I am the host. It's annoying when you a player comes in and burns through all your RJ's ammo, or when the mission is done and they drag you into another mission immediately. No offense to the other players, but if I'm the host, I should be the captain of the RJ. My RJ my rules. An option to disable and enable certain RJ abilities for the crew would be nice, maybe on an individual basis. Or just put the costs on them rather than a group pool of energy/revolite. Or something in between. And there should be voting for missions just like in the rest of the game, with the host's vote having priority. If I don't want to go into a mission, the RJ stays, so I can farm resources or prepare or whatnot. If I do, the disagreeing crew gets matchmade into another RJ or put back in their orbiter. Not sure how the announced changes with the relays would play into this, tbh I didn't watch it yet.
_______

Last thing I'd like to see is more use for archwings in RJ.  Once you get into the veil, they become pretty useless outside of boarding crewships.  Not sure where the balance should lie, but if the main archwing missions are to be removed then archwings need to be usable in all RJ content.

Oh, and an additional note:  When I "kill" a Point of Interest objective, it REALLY needs to stop launching missiles and ramsleds.  The station is dead, everyone onboard is dead, and yet it's still firing a pair of boarding parties at my ship every minute or two while I'm trying to slog through collecting resources.  It's not fun, it's not engaging.  They mostly aren't even a threat unless I'm right on top of the POI because they're hilariously easy to kill.  It's just an annoyance, and it NEVER seems to stop.  Ditto for the waves of missiles - the only time they're a threat is if I've jumped out of the ship and accidentally left it inside the range before the missiles time out and self destruct.  (Bonus annoyance points because they only launch from one side of the galleon, even if that means the capital ship is trying to shoot *through itself* to hit me.)

And bonus, bonus annoyance points for the apparently infinitely respawning Grineer turrets on asteroids and external ship hulls.  I could swear I saw a patch note saying that they weren't supposed to do that and it had been fixed, and yet they continue to respawn.

Making railjack more solo accessible would be nice.

Having your own crew with command intrinsics would help, but they need to be able to scale with enemy level. Making their damage, health and armor scale like specters would work. This would be in addition to base stats that we would hopefully be able to improve.

The crew would actually need to be able to run the ship and keep it alive while you are outside, so the AI needs to be pretty good, or have a difficulty modifier for when no tenno are on the ship. If the crew can't keep the place running in the highest level railjack missions then they are a block to solo players.

Archived