Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Devstream Railjack Feedback (Now Closed)

[DE]Rebecca

After writing my original post (page 3), I started running Railjack to see if I remember any new points that need to be mentioned. So, stuff I got so far:

1) Make it so only host can Refine resources until the mission complete screen. It is really annoying when random players just refine everything for no reason when you're forging.

2) What if we could bring, I dunno, let's call them "Exalted Turrets"? Many ships have weak or non-existent turrets - or something annoying like Cryophon or Pulsar - it would be cool to be able to deploy your own turret, even if its time-limited (e.g. equipped as Gear with 6 charges, activate before jumping into turret seat, grants use of Exalted Turret for 1 minute)

3) There needs to be an indicator and maybe even Cy's voice line, when Anastasis is being used. Several times I was fixing fire/breach with Anastasis while forging, and yet pilot or gunner would see no movement from me and abandon their position to fix it.

4) If Battle Forge is equipped, it should be available as a button right in Forge menu, without wasting time on opening tactical view.

5) This one is cosmetic, but it would be cool to have some sort of holographic data screens around your Warframe when you're using tactical screen, so you don't look like you're just AFK.

6) Minimap and tactical screen should show the ramsled impact point even if no enemy radar is equipped. Just flash something like an orange star for a second or two.

7) Suggestion: Avionic or Intrinsic that makes Railjack deploy a medical drone when a downed Tenno teleports onboard with Omni. Said drone proceeds to revive the Tenno over 10 seconds. There should be a limited amount of those drones, and they should probably drain some Flux too.

8) Suggestion: Combat Avionic (slot 1?) that grants all Archwings on the battlefield MASSIVE Overshields for 15 seconds. As in "tank two volleys from a Crewship" massive. In compensation it should drain large amount of Flux and maybe have a 30 second cooldown.

9) So far all Railjack hazards are related only to Railjack itself. Even fire doesn't burn, or burns so lightly I didn't notice. There should be more varied hazards. Gas leaks, coolant leaks, magnetic anomalies, larger and actually dangerous fires, radiation leaks. These should affect large area and actually threaten the crew.

10) In same vein it would be cool if a Waframe made any difference. E.g. blasting a fire with Frost's abilities would extinguish it, zapping electrical fire with Volt's or Mag's abilities would fix them, etc. Some small variety for flavour. Obivously, Breach would be only fixable with Omni.

(Unrelated to Railjack - please buff Stug =D)

You are already addressing this, but the lack of basic functionality available for players starting railjack due to it being behind the intrinsics is a mental drawback for a lot of my friends.

I think that you should add a separate railjack mission join icon on the main Saturn and Earth pages to help people remember that railjack exists and make it easier to get to.

You should add void fissure missions or something similar to railjack to make it so that people can multitask while doing railjack missions. The anamolies are nice, but they are only in the Veil and only give sentient shards that are basically useless after you get the ephemera. That tileset is beautiful tho, so I would love it if you reincorporated it into other stuff.

You should gradually transfer add all of the invasion missions over to railjack. We should fly in with our railjack into an active space battle between the two factions, then need to do a task to cripple one of the two sides. It would be epic to have both space and domestic invasion missions happen simultaneously as well. Also, getting an extra bonus for helping the same side in both a railjack and regular invasion of the same planet would be awesome. You would get one reward from three regular missions, one reward for probably just one railjack missions (they are epic, but take forever and one of them is worth about three of the regular missions time-wise), and then one reward when the faction gives you both of the other two.

I am really excited for the liches getting added to railjack!

Can you make it easier to find the orokin tower things that have the spectra vandal parts? It would be nice if they were an optional mission objective listed at the top just so that I know that I can look for it.

Having an engine-killing status effect on our railjacks (similar to us shooting the grineer ships' engines) would be interesting.

I think that the Necramechs should NOT be able to be used on the entire railjack. They should only be useable in a few areas, such as the "hangar" and maybe the main cabin. Their primary usage in railjack should be them getting dropped off of the railjacks like the mechs do in Avatar. You should have the option of going into a section of the ship and getting launched/dropped onto the capital ship or other space station that you are invading. (Though it would be nice for players to also have the option of just flying over and spawning their mech manually like in the orphix venom operation)

19 hours ago, TrilliumStarbreeze said:

7) Suggestion: Avionic or Intrinsic that makes Railjack deploy a medical drone when a downed Tenno teleports onboard with Omni. Said drone proceeds to revive the Tenno over 10 seconds. There should be a limited amount of those drones, and they should probably drain some Flux too.

Also, maybe a command or tactical intrinsic that allows for remote reviving of allies. Its really annoying when one of the away crew gets knocked down and there is literally nothing we can do to help them.

"Who will use Command Intrinsic?" Arguably the owner of the ship is Captain and Host, they should have authority to control what happens on board. Perhaps the Command Intrinsic can be used to grant or deny permissions to players and NPCs? Right now there is no assignment system and guests have the authority to:

• Consume all flux energy, munitions, and dome charges.
  • Refine the stock of resources in engineering at any time.
  • Spend entire mission leeching while loaded into Slingshot.
  • Set next mission location without consulting the squad.

Assuming my squad members are not intentionally trying to sabotage the mission, every single problem could be solved if I communicated with my team better (or at all) during the mission. But I don't communicate, I've only used discord voice chat once to grind profit taker. I have disabled in-game voice chat because of trolls. To remedy this, I suggest having a toggle system similar to the Clan Dojo Hierarchies permissions. The Captain of the ship could have authority to choose:

• Who can pilot.
  • Who can refine.
  • Which squad members can use Flux, Munitions, Domes, Slingshot.
  • Who can choose next mission.

I don't want to say "only let Host do all of X" because as a ship captain, I don't want to do all the work! It gets boring driving the Bus every single mission, but some players think "the Captain wants to be pilot."

Spoiler

Star Trek Reaction GIF by MOODMANI'd be pleased if this is what happens when someone I don't know tries to steal my ship :crylaugh:

For the dojo railjack UI:

Please just add ALL of the tutorials. The way that wreckage, railjack parts, avionics, grid upgrading, and scrapping of items works is not clear at all. It would be especially nice to have an easier way to scrap stuff. Right now your options are a page with everything, but you can't see any of the items' bonus stats or the individual scrap menus for each section. Also, can we please just have an avionics page? Figuring out how to scrap or upgrade avionics is not easy.

3 hours ago, _Tormex_ said:

You should gradually transfer all of the invasion missions over to railjack. We should fly in with our railjack into an active space battle between the two factions, then need to do a task to cripple one of the two sides. It would be epic to have both space and domestic invasion missions happen simultaneously as well. Also, getting an extra bonus for helping the same side in both a railjack and regular invasion of the same planet would be awesome. You would get one reward from three regular missions, one reward for probably just one railjack missions (they are epic, but take forever and one of them is worth about three of the regular missions time-wise), and then one reward when the faction gives you both of the other two.

I'm not sure about "transfer", but otherwise, yes please.

It would honestly be an amazing place to introduce Sentient Invasions, acting like Infested Invasions.

Remove the arbitrary restriction where the Railjack and Archwings can't nose up/down more than 90 degrees.  This restriction makes no sense in space.  It severely breaks any sort of immersive dog fighting when an enemy flies above or below you and you cant track them because some imaginary restriction.

It's great so many people are posting ideas.

But folks, maybe break up your large thesis posts into separate posts.  That way people can upvote the points they like.

I think a lot of large posts have some good points that deserve some upvotes, but the not as good parts cause people to not upvote it at all.

On 2021-01-30 at 5:04 PM, TrilliumStarbreeze said:

1) Things and places to find in missions! 

So far we only have that infested ruin. And its still exciting to stumble upon it, it makes world feel bigger, alive, filled with stuff. Add more! Not necessarily hostile, just something to make it all feel alive. Some ideas:

Corpus spy base in Grineer space

Grineer sabouter base in Corpus space

Ruins with powerful dormant sentient from Old War - who awake when Tenno stumble upon it

Solaris asteroid mining camp. Chance to buy some comestics/debt bonds/kitgun parts/maybe some new weapons or orbiter decorations.

Small damaged rail tractor, filled with containers of PoE/Vallis resources and either Infested or rebel robots

Lost Tenno extractor drone, that can be repaired with revolite (lots of revolite), and award an extractor (would be nice to see them in-game, so they are part of the world, not just mechanic)

Chunk of void-lost Orokin ship from Old World, with rabid Necramech on board and rewarding Void Traces

Chunks of destroyed Fomorians, filled with Grineer workers, maybe a few guards, and dropping Omega Isotopes

Ostron market, caught in wrong place and time (chance to buy some Ostron decorations, since you refuse to add them to Cetus market)

Orokin ruin with surprisingly intact conservatory inside, including various plants to scan, animals to tranq, kavats to scan, maybe even fish to catch (new animals and fish would be nice, obviously, but old would work just as well).

Asteroids that can be mined for a mix of open world ores, plus stuff like Titanium, Tellurium, Asterite, etc

Derelict but functional Railjack, driven by crazed cephalon, that is hard to destroy, but it awards a lot of different wreckage.

Rail agent's station, that is bereft of rewards, but the rail agent shares gossip (kinda like Nora's radio)

Orokin ruin with Derelict Vault (and some Corrupted). If you don't have a Dragon Key, you can find a way to expose a weak point from inside, and blast that weak point with Forward Artillery, opening the vault... although then you'd have to grab the artefact really quickly, since the ruin would disintegrate from the damage in twenty seconds.

2) Environment hazards

You have those real pretty gas clouds, glowing mines/fuel capsules/whatever, asteroids, magnetic anomalies, but they are all for show... add something for us to fight around! So far there are only scattered turrets, and of course objectives shooting missiles and ramsleds at you. Not enough! Some ideas:

Dust clouds that hide you as long as you're not shooting

Trap-webs that span a large area, shocking Archwings and infliciting Electric Hazard to RJ

Real big magnetic anomalies, that can be tricky to escape for a RJ (or enemy fighters, though they would avoid them) and deal continuous damage to it if RJ remains in the even horizon

Giant infested spores, which cause Railjack to be boarded by a bunch of weak, yet still annoying Infested

Actual proximity mines, that go click! and you have two seconds to run away to minimize damage taken

Large weapon-disabling pulses, that shut down archguns and ordnance, forcing AWs and RJs to avoid them, or use archmelee and turrets.

Schrapnel clouds that can shred an Archwing in second or perforate a Railjack, but can do same to enemies if you manage to pull them into those clouds

Spilled plasma fuel, which is dormant, but big explosions or powerful shots through them cause them to ignite, becoming a cloud of pure incendiary damage

Unnaturally cold space areas (probably with void theme), which freeze Railjacks' doors and turn archwings into icicles.

Meteor showers, that you gotta hide from behind asteroids and maybe send an Archwing out to spot safe moment for Railjack to dash from one asteroid's cover to another

Big empty tanks from some orbital installations. Fairly indestructible, behave like helium barrels in Jupiter Gas City, except these ones are larger than a Railjack. To be used for some fun physics gameplay - push them before you with ramming or ordnance blasts to absorb enemy fire, meteors, or trigger mines. Or have enemies smash into them and explode.

Pulse turbines that ACTUALLY boost enemy fighters by a fair amount when they are nearby, but also are much easier to destroy (Forward Artillery blast should suffice)

3) More different enemies! Especially from other parts of the game!

So far ALL enemies in Railjack are unique to it. Virtually nothing from base game is used, making it feel disconnected. This includes both space enemies and crewship/station infantry.

So, why not add:

Dargyn and Dreg swarms, that block fire, intercept ordnance missiles, clog up Tether, etc

Ogma variants as melee fighters, that use a claw to grab onto Railjack and begin sawing it open with the other "arm"? Bolkors, refitted with some heavier weapons, as really really tough fighters, immune to pulling abilities, requiring multiple Ordnance blasts and even warranting an Artillery one.

Crewships and Bolkors could also deploy Zeplens from Fomorian fights.

Different "factions" of space Grineer. Hey, this asteroid base is manned by Queens' personal guard! Kuva troops everywhere! And those ships are Vay Hek's, and full of Tusk infantry. And Nightwatch would make perfect sense, since who but the elite strikeforce would be fit to take on spacefaring Tenno menace?

More different boarders would also be nice. For instance, a Ramsled filled with nothing but Rollers. Or Ghouls.

Also, I personally have a soft spot for Draga grineer (the underwater ones, from Uranus) which look really cool, have cool weapons, but its very rare that they are seen properly. Since they already wear breathing apparatuses and stuff, you can make them kinda one-man assassin boarders, soaring through space on jet packs, too small to be shot down with ordnance, and becoming lone semi-elite combatants should they board the Railjack.

So much yes for these three points. Some of them should be easy to implement by reusing current assets, others would need more work, but together they'd add so much variety and spontaneity to Railjack, very fitting for the game's nature of "procedurally generated content meant to be played over and over again".

Specifically for the "Ogma variants as melee fighters, that use a claw to grab onto Railjack and begin sawing it open" point, it could be interesting if they were out of the Pilot's and Gunners' FoV, forcing a Player to hop out with their Archwing and destroy it while it's latched on to the Railjack.

And I've been asking since Railjack's release for the Archwing Enemies to get reused in Railjack Missions, with my personal take being that they would make excelent "Personal Defense Fighters" for Points of Interest, that could/would/should spawn constantly, until the PoI gets completed.

Your post helped me realize that what I want is more variation for every different part of Railjack's gameplay. Variations for each type of PoI, variations of Boarding Parties, variations on Enemies, just more options within options for the game to generate content with, make each run feel as different as possible.

hello i have some ideas  for railjack 

1 take all ship  missions and archwing missions and merge them into rail jack it would make since like one mission i was in a grenier galleon ship and it was like i was in a regular mission which was cool  and it can support a 8 player mission capability  that would be nice

2 add a feature were in railjack other tennos can summon there ownship to extract like make it were they can leave and not forcing the leader to go back to the dojo when they don't want too after all we do have 2 ships now lol 

3 make arsenals available in railjack but with limited access like you can only access loadouts and you cannot buy tenno gen or any purchase related it would be you can only change your loadout (you can make it item lock if you want) and if enemy board railjack you will be automatically taken out of the arsenals and it will be disable until all enemy's on ship is defeated and if railjack have an electrical problem it can cause a little outage to the arsanl until it fix one of the crew can fix it  that would be very interesting 

4 give engineer more things to do in railjack like add more ship damaging elements to railjack soo that like there will be a new access panel for engineers only to repair various things that the repair tool cant do (when there are no enemy's invading the ship) like a engine failure something like that would be cool

5 for railjack mission modes including possibly adding a 8 player modes in railjack  like 4 on enemy's ships like grinier galleon ships or corpus  are big enough for survival  defense  spy missions  sabatage  capture   exterminate  and others maybe and a mod of planets link to railjack like scarlet spear were lotus  or anybody says other change of plans the railjack crew needs you somthing like that for in planet missions if possible

umm not sure if these are good ideas but its worth noting at least  i hope none other than the best for the various ideas all players have they are a interesting to see even if my ideas may not be as good  as other ideas :) sorry for the loong sentence 

I honestly spent time reading the posts in this thread.  I looked up the wiki.  I still am not exactly sure how railjack works.

And I believe the core issue lies there.  My only suggestion would be to find a way to make this less frustrating to solo. less confusing to play in public. Without gutting the current work and depth you currently have.  So I suppose trying to swap the current way this is played would be the first hurdle.

As in solo in the first part you can basically stay in your railjack and solo the missions while discovering the mechanics.  While at latter levels the depth of having to keep roles straight and use tactics becomes more necessary. Because it sounds like higher level players are able to relax while newer players are pulling their hair out or ruining missions without knowledge. 

I do know I have tried to do railjack about three times and I failed. It wasn't even that it is so hard as much as I am just guessing at what to do.  Something so important shouldn't require extensive wiki research and youtube tutorials to figure out. 

ooo i had another idea that came up in my head for 8 player modes if possible what if you can make another ship soly for 8 player it would be just enough size not too big to have that would be a very interesting although railjack probably is already big enough to support 8 player i think if im wrong not very sure

On 2021-01-29 at 4:43 PM, (NSW)Kadet said:

I'd like to be able, from my orbiter's navigation, switch to the railjack map, select a mission, get a flying through space loading screen that shows my railjack instead, and be put into the mission on my railjack's bridge.  No having to go to dojo first, or load into the railjack separately first.

You already are able to do that; you just need to either fast-travel to railjack or walk over to the tube in your orbiter first.

On 2021-01-29 at 4:53 PM, kulow said:

Even if this would be very far fetched, I would love to see the implementation of a real Archwing-dock inside the Railjack. This would give a whole new approach for modular Archwings, which you would be able to assemble or rebuild during the mission itself. You could just switch between pre existing ones, like the Archwings we have right now or build a new one in the fashion that would be most beneficial for the mission you're in right now.. and maybe save them for use in later missions ?

Could you do this and then also allow us to use the arsenal that is sitting in our railjack during missions? I realized that there are already a bunch of affinity bugs in railjack right now, but being able to switch warframes on the railjack would be really cool.

On 2021-01-29 at 9:54 PM, GrazeZeroLow said:

Back when Railjack was first revealed, the "Command" option was supposed to allow us a crew from our Syndicates and Converted Liches. The last Devstream of 2020, showed a different mechanic. One which allows us to "hire" members and arm them with our weapons. 

I hope we're still getting our Syndicate/ Lich crew, because I have a Lich army.

If you look at that devstream again, they specifically say that liches can be your crewmembers

On 2021-02-01 at 9:15 PM, okelf said:

The scrap wreckage UI when your inventory is full has been missing critical information all this time. Every time I need to scrap I have to go to the dojo dock to see the stats on the items.

Za5srjQ.png

I try to keep one of each with the highest stat found for possible future use but this leaves very little room and scrapping with a dojo trip is required after every couple of missions.

Anothher scrapping related annoyance in the dojo screen, I have them sorted by name, when multiple of the same name are present in the inventory, after scrapping one in the dojo sometimes the order changes. Lets say item #1 on the left of the list is 55% bonus, #2 next to it is 44% and #3 is 33% of the same item. I scrap #2, expect to have 55% in #1 and 33% in 2nd place now but the order sometime changes and I scrap the 55% from #2 slot accidentally. They should remain sorted by the bonus % not randomized.

How on earth are you actually seeing any stats in that screen? I only see the flavour text describing the piece of equipment, and see all the stats in the "equip" menu (I don't have a press tab to view stats)

This will echo a lot of people already but it is so important.

1. Navigation voting with veto from Host, while leveling railjack up old fashion way got my ship dragged from Saturn to Void by a troll.
2. Locking Battle Intrinsics from gunners or Fix their shots triggering tether even if shooting somewhere else.
3. Locking Torpedoes from usage if wished.
4. Locking refine, would be okay if mechanic similar to Thank during blessing someone hits refine and captain needs to hit "K" to confirm.

These locks should be in place as toggles for NPC crew as well so the gunner crew does not trigger Tether or just uses up all the torpedoes on frigates, or even just keeps firing the seeker volley till flux is empty.

Ohh and Scrap menu for non Railjack owners to clear their scrap.

Unsure if anyone has commented on these but:

Perhaps have more ship behaviour variants?

1. - Kamikaze fighters that are slow but will try to knock into your railjack and cause all on board to stagger and lose engine speed.
  2. - rare asteroid harvesting ships that carry large amount of resources that fly fast and will try to retreat on being spotted: will only spawn when there are bases for them to dock into
  3. - introducing assassins that have aircraft similar to in missions: will have quite a chunk of hp/shields and will chase you down  and attack till railjack is down

New weapons or weapon attachments?

1. - tractor beams that have "technically infinite" range but will need time to extend its range: can be used to extract resources/mods on hit but slowly. Could alternatively allow for gunners to protect themselves by throwing caught kamikaze ships as projectiles (fixed range) /using enemy fighter ships to absorb damage.

Environmental effects that are visible:

1. - radiation fields that would result in radiation clouds on ship if railjack remains in proximity for a time.
  2. - electric fields that would spawn electrical hazards on ship if railjack remains in proximity for a time.

***************************v*Doubt this would ever happen due to complexity but just a thought*v***********************

Most of all, if you want to make all weapons relevant:

1) Maybe try not to introduce new damage classes: chem to toxic etc, just make it such that there is no elemental fusion: tox + shock remains as 2 separate elements instead of combining to become corrosive

2) Physical damage are combined under "physical"

3) Have different colour-coding for the type of ships to showcase the elements they utilise; blue uses shock, green uses tox

4*)( *If having different damage types were ever to become significant instead of pursuing the meta) have the ship upgradable to be able to scan different fighter plane types so you can see their weaknesses in terms of damage type/s

Scanning will become automatic on UI when aim is focused on the ship: imagine the icons that appear when you have the synthesis scanner attachment that shows resistances

***************************^*Doubt this would ever happen due to complexity but just a thought*^***********************

Music:

perhaps one of the most important aspects that I find lacking in such an amazing landscape!

Look up the ambience and solemnness of Crying Suns, try to emulate that so that players will WANT to explore the area after a day of grinding.

Litter the landscape with cool tidbits of info that would seem relevant to the lore as they play AND NOT make it a collectible.

Spawn strange decorations that are not part of the usual space tileset: when you zoom in on these, have Cy come tell a little story of where it was from etc.

It'll be like the orokin text that appears on the loading screen once in a while.

tl;dr: 

- more variety in ship flight behaviour

- utility-based mechanics that aren't dps-centric

- simplification of damage types

- most of all, music to fit the theme.

I have a suggestion . When ever I play RG there are only 2 players having fun . The rest of them are running around repairs all the time.

Can we get a solution 

I love RG I want to play for fun 

Not to play with and get frustrated.

Also please increase no of players to board a RG maybe to 6

I had replied previously about teaching someone railjack and what it might look like, but with the affinity event winding down I realized I had some archweapons I had to level up quick.  While archwing isn't exactly what you asked for, having that quick reminder I figured I should post about the ass-chapping part of that too.

Stagger on collisions.  I did most of my archwing farming back when weapons slots were free and all their parts were in missions instead of syndicates.  What I loved about it back when everyone seemed to hate it was zooming through trench runs with itzal.  That's not a thing any more.  Any slight bump into anything sends you into a stagger that completely sucks the joy out of it.  I understand that's there in place of self damage, but it's still a terrible experience.  Having amesha helps, but it's still pretty punishing to be stopped flat and often get stuck in geometry.

For a compromise (making amesha less mandatory) I'd propose self-damage on shields, stagger on health.  I don't know if there's anything that could be done about getting stuck on geometry, but yeah, it sucks.

Archived