Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-Devstream Railjack Feedback (Now Closed)

[DE]Rebecca

first time posting something here. very exciting!

here goes.

1.  When I heard Steve saying 'tactical' menu and all the mission co-op themed things while demoing Railjack, I kinda hoped that would be the critical point of the whole Railjack update, so that it could bring together new players and more experienced players in sense of going through awesome missions together.

there are some 'team work' activity that's in the game mode right now, but I wish there were something a lot more tactical, and not just oriented in mission-progressing stuff (like exposing the reactor_which is super cool), or something that would not require high intrinsics to get access to.

for example; If my MR 10 friend wants to play within my(MR 29) ship, he can't really do much.

in this situation, I wish there were some mission-dangering moments (such as railjack health critical) that my buddy can buy some time through a click of a button on the ship-controlling panels, like Steve showed in the demo, that doesn't flat out repair the ship to full, but that halts the timer to some extent that I can get off the wheel or get back to my ship using omni-tool to calm the situation, etc.

in short, I wish there would be a lot more ship-oriented controllable things that are existing in the game as a 'Avionic' form, but in more subtle 'boost', that can be easily accessed via a control panel, depending on the situation. such as increasing boosting speed, turrets damage, turning shield power up, and so on!

it wont make or break the mission entirely, but would make the mission more easy/ bearable through (hopefully) teamwork.

2.  This might be fairly obvious and brought up a lot of times, but.. we need ways to fit in more Avionics to our railjack mod slot.

I fully upgraded every slot, but even with the most capacity oriented Engine I can't fully mod my railjack. which is not terrible, cause who knows what future updates could happen that can change it, but if you guys haven't thought about it particularly, I just want to bring it up to make my ship to it's finest :)

some sort of forma. or something.. (plz let us pay u)

hmm. anyway.

3.  (In all caps)***that one door that is under the big reactor thingy in the small room in sabotage away mission.*** still is broken. every time I see a new post about it on the forum, my heart break. needs fix.

when Rebecca said that this sub forum is gonna open I was screaming this inside.

4.   Lastly, I just want to say that there is so much potential with this concept/content(well, you would know..) and the fundamental base is all set, ready to go..!

so I just want to list all the things that I want and the things you showed us in the demo, and god I hope all of those really come true,

squadlink, boss fights in space, raids using railjack,.. and seeing the newly came out trailer I can't wait to get the update on the corpus railjack.

but.

as much as I like Railjack and all the visions that it brings, as Scott once said 'we need to make sure our base is solid first'

and by that I would like to add that the whole scope of the base doesn't end on the Railjack side, but the whole game Warframe.

please keep up the great work, and invite us players to talk more about how to make 'Warframe' to be better, improved, etc.

stay safe, and thank you so much for all the hard work.

On 2021-02-15 at 4:42 AM, Raelf113 said:

This might be fairly obvious and brought up a lot of times, but.. we need ways to fit in more Avionics to our railjack mod slot.

I fully upgraded every slot, but even with the most capacity oriented Engine I can't fully mod my railjack. which is not terrible, cause who knows what future updates could happen that can change it, but if you guys haven't thought about it particularly, I just want to bring it up to make my ship to it's finest :)

some sort of forma. or something.. (plz let us pay u)

hmm. anyway.

I .. dig where this is coming from ... even though I do DELIBERATELY under-use my Avionics capacity, those cut-backs and cut-outs are taken from the Tactical and Battle avionics. (Playing without a HUD, Tactical Avionics are useless anyway.) Core Avionics are always maximized and prioritized.

BUT the Avionics Grid is as much a fundamental (locked-in, hard-coded) structure which every Railjack is built upon as the Modular Slots are to Warframes, Weapons, Companions, and so forth, that it does really seem to be as infeasible to alter it as it would to do likewise for the modular grid structure of anything else ... BUT ... wait ...

There was/is a slot which WAS added during the evolution of Warframe.

Exilus. 

So there MAY yet be a potential means to augment the grid, without having to tear he whole system apart for the want of more Avionics.

A modest suggestion may well be in exploring whether doing something analogous to what the Exilus slot does for Warframes (and was, eventually extended to Weapons) might be within the reasonable parameters for development.

It would DEFINITELY create some "breathing room," for what we got a preview of during the Scarlet Spear Operation: New Faction Enemies will bring new challenges and situations into play, for which more specialized Avionic counter-measures will be helpful, and available, but difficult to justify sacrificing central Avionics for.

With the Scarlet Spear OPERATION, I did just fine without incorporating any of the new, specialized anti-Sentient Avionics into my "BUILD."  But it certainly could have helped level the playfield ... (no, wait ... a "playfield" is in Pinball ... what's the idiom I'm looking for here ...)

Ah!

It certainly would have helped 'level the PLAYING FIELD" if there was something along the lines of an Exilus slot for the Railjack Grid to apply more situationally specialized avionics to.

I would expect that the Corpus (not "playfields" ... what's the term here) ... "PROXIMA" will be bringing new types of mechanics & challenges (otherwise it'd be pretty boring, to just be doing the same things with what would amount to different "skins" for the Enemy Faction). New "rewards" (in Empyrean) will, in large part, mean new Avionics.

All the more, that does strengthen the argument to encourage trying to explore a couple of development routes. 

One may be an Exilus-like analogue for Railjacks.

Another, perhaps, an alternate "load-out."

And there's really no reason that they should be mutually exclusive (one or the other).

It seems like a reasonable idea to encourage possible development of both.

We, as "players" are very much in the dark, as we do not have any models for explanation or understanding how the design for Empyrean construction is intended to work (in a more completely constructed schema).

We can pretty easily use Dante's Divine Comedy as a partial, visual  guide for Empyrean, (while Pinball and Multi-level Playfields, though not completely absent, make up a more comprehensible model to explain, describe, understand, much of Deimos)

We can infer that simultaneous development was rolling (snowballing even), and was suddenly roadblocked by the Pandemic, enormously disrupting and fragmenting an integrated large studio workflow, into innumerable detours, demanding the studio be plugged into and remotely accessed by everyone, working in isolation from home. 

We need to play it from the inside out, while the outside (as it were, in terms of Empyrean) has to be developed and built from even further outside (even if a developer lives just next door).

But we are still working from best guesses (at best), without any definite indications of whether or not they are 

(railroad crossing pun, dead ahead)

ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

{The method of our time is to use not single but multiple models for [experimental] exploration—the technique of the suspended judgment} [is the discovery of the twentieth century as the technique of invention was the discovery of the nineteenth.]

98HC3py.pngK2qPL7W.png

Empyrean is "dead."

It's just "Railjack" now.

My issues with railjack :

- once crafted for the first missions the railjack was barely useable.

- all missions looks the same, the objective of "kill x crewship" or "kill x fighters" even when you have to attack a base make it tedious. No defense or endless ?

- farming last levels of intrinsics was boring and long. 4x affinity and Gian Point was the way to do it.

- all avionics builds are the same, battle avionics requiring capacity is a bad idea imho.

- fighting ennemy fighters with side turrets or archwing ain't really practical or fun.

- "forced" multiplayer, specifically not being able to use the big gun to kill crewships while piloting, prevent from casually playing railjack for fun.

il y a 28 minutes, (PSN)xxav1xl6ivax a dit :

[Snip] 

Humm sorry but I don't get what you're trying to say, and I don't get why you "replied" to my post.

Can you make a meaningful summary ? So far I understood that you made tryhard run and managed to finish the mission ? GG but is that supposed to prove something appart that you can do it ?

As far as reward vs time is concerned anything less rewarding than a 5min run in Gian Point could be reasonably considered as a waste of time.

Pacing and variety are the places where the current railjack falls short of my aspirations based on that awesome Tennocon demo.

Currently, even for players that don't use Tether, you generally target the fighters first, then any crewships that remain, and finally the base and capital ship POIs.  The fighters will spread out all over the map to follow you, and the crewships will likewise spawn in range once engaged, so just... deal with threats from smallest to largest, and eventually all that will be left to oppose you is the hekin' ramsleds.
Having fighters as a relative constant throughout railjack missions would go a long way to evening out the pacing.  Having sub-goals of extermination and area-clearing would be good, but they need to be part of a larger goal that you can't just throw a Tether at.

To make the objectives more dynamic, give the railjack crew their own in-space objectives to complete in tandem with the away crew's POI objectives.  Blowing up exposed radiators is a start, but it is 1) not really a challenge if you've killed all the fighters, and 2) not player-optional.  Taking some inspiration from existing game-modes:

• Similar to The Treasurer on new Corpus tileset: Your away crew is in an asteroid hangar, exposing reactors for you to destroy.  Can you also prevent the station captain from fleeing with ~next-gen schematics~?  You could blow up his fighter... or you could launch a Tenno on wings at it, and they'll bust the cockpit and capture him!
  • Similar to bonus objectives on PoE: Your away crew is sabotaging a capital ship!  They're going to open the shields for you to get a single shot at the ~coolant system~ with the Big Gun.  Can you kill X fighters and collect their ~technobabble~ to charge the gun for extra damage, before the big shot?  Or... what if you crashed one of their crewships into it, instead?
  • Similar to Profit-Taker orb fight: Your away crew is still sabotaging that huge ship, and they need to guard the ~reactor~ while it overloads.  Can you prevent the enemy crewships from dropping off ~Ogmas~ and performing external repairs?  Archwing Tenno might deploy mines or obstacles to slow down the enemy, or they might hunt down and kill any space-troopers that managed to deploy.
  • Similar to Venus and Deimos open-world bounties: Arrr!  Your away crew be ejectin' valuable cargo from th' lubbers' ship!  Can you collect at least X, before it is destroyed or reclaimed?  The more you get, the more you keep!  You can't go every direction at once, so friends on wings might come in handy!

2 minutes ago, mactrent said:

Can you kill X fighters and collect their ~technobabble~ to charge the gun for extra damage, before the big shot?

I glossed over this in the previous post because I think it deserves a separate mention.  Currently, we have 4 different resources that you use in-mission, and I don't have a clue whether or how I can increase my chances of getting one of them relative to the others.  If the way to get Pustrels in railjack is exactly the same as the way to get Carbides, then from the perspective of someone playing this game mode, one just dilutes my chances of getting the other.

If we could target certain enemies (cutter, taktis, crewship, ogma), or do some other task, for a certainty of getting one type of resource, that would give the pilot and gunners something to do when the engineer calls, "Captain, we need more PUSTRELS!"  Aside from rushing into a POI and blindly smashing boxes, that is.  😉

Another topic I've seen here is people wanting separate guns/energy/ammo from other players, and let each pick their own.  I think this parallels your design goal for Intrinsics - you wanted some things to be carried with you wherever you went, 'the skill of you', as Reb Steve said on-stream.  I also think it should matter (as it currently does) whose ship you're on, how they've configured it, and how much your host has invested into the game-mode.  I hope to strike a balance between the two, here.

Weapon choices
Currently, you have your warframe, your archwing, and their their respective weapons that you bring with you.  If the host has slotted the precepts for it, you can get small but probably significant boosts to each, but the choice of which to use is entirely yours.
You also have your intrinsics, which for Gunnery will take you from 'how do I even function with such a limited and changing firing arc' to 'why not set a timer to pull and release the trigger'.  But you're stuck using whatever gun the host chose, no matter what your Intrinsic level is.  The host might have an awesome gun, but if not, there's nothing you can do to improve it.

So here's one idea: give players a choice of which gun to use.  Have them select their preferred gun from the arsenal, and they'll take that gun with them whenever they join a railjack crew.  Let players choose in-game which gun they'll use at the moment - their own, or the one their host offers.  Upgrades later on might allow for bringing (as guest) or presenting (as host) more of your weapons to choose from.

Intrinsics gates
Currently, higher-level railjack missions are gated behind Intrinsic requirements.  While this does ensure players have tried the lower levels before diving in the deep end, it doesn't really help mix people to provide education - everyone rushes to Veil, and hopes they figure it out once they get there.  I know there's the issue of tiered rewards, but assuming those aren't staying as-is, I'd like to see a lot more mixing of players with different power levels.  Also, it just stinks to start out in railjack and be completely unable to do the really cool things.  Like, sure, that's something to aspire to, but really, I just get a fat 'no'?

When a player joins a mission where the host has higher Intrinsic levels, maybe temporarily unlock them, up to a level or two below the host.  That way new players that want to try out Railjack will actually get to launch out the awesome slingshot, or maybe fire the giant space laser cannon that they're hyped about.  And then they can unlock it for themselves.

CORPUS RAILJACK

With this new content, as Steve so delicately put it, we are doing surgery to Railjack with a chainsaw.

(STEVE! Honestly, "like **** me gently with a chainsaw!"

Bp3ydm0.jpg

Would a little touch of subtlety or ... tact, really be so bad?  Just as the Jacquard Loom was [arguably] the most immediate innovation precursor to the modern-day computer, and presumably "The Weave," cutting textiles is probably a more felicitous allusion than deforestation. Chainsaw Salome or Nebuchadnezzar Jackhammer could have made great names for a late 80's - early 90's Industrial band [e.g. Einstürzende Neubauten], but when it's time to "take it to the stage," or "step into the operating theater," give it some ... finesse.)

JikuE26.jpg

This surgery is still on-going, but we can tell you the details behind the changes:

Firstly, we will be incorporating more core Warframe gameplay into your Railjack missions with the goal of making Railjack feel less like its own island. One example of this is the integration of Orphix Venom into a Corpus Railjack Capitol ship.

Secondly, we’ll be re-revisiting Railjack as a whole to address our missteps and mistakes, with the goal of making Railjack more fun, more rewarding, and more accessible. Parts of these changes include:

• Improved rewards

• Reduce how drawn-out some missions can be

• Reduction in the grind mistakes we made for Railjack

• Adding Drydocks to Relays to make squadding up more fluid, especially for those without their own Drydock in their clan. We will still ensure to honour the effort of those who build their own Drydocks, so do not fret!

Given a more careful reading, I realized that I really need to wait for the details first (before finding out about the changes).

There was an old idea I had for a possible way to approach [Railjack] being tied to Clans (and so those who don't want to be committed to a clan don't get to build a dry dock or Railjack).

It seemed to have been addressed, now, by another route (the Relay Drydock), but I mis-read that, "for those without their own Drydock in their clan."

The "idea," was that with the whole Solar Rail Conflict [Tenno Wars] thing gone (thankfully), there's really not much practical use for "Alliances."

I created one, with no members, deliberately, as a hold out for possible alternative experimental applications.

It seemed like there might potentially be one, if it could be made an option to repurpose them as something along the lines of Garage/Workshop/Fleet Yards for  "freelancers," privateers, what-have-you. But that idea really extended out to a conceptualization of an Empyrean Superstructure being built, creating space that could be filled. That has changed, to Railjack and mashing the islands together.

Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.
Cut doors and windows for a room;
It is the holes which make it useful.
Therefore benefit comes from what is there;
Usefulness from what is not there.

On 2021-02-18 at 2:53 AM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Humm sorry but I don't get what you're trying to say, and I don't get why you "replied" to my post.

Can you make a meaningful summary ? So far I understood that you made tryhard run and managed to finish the mission ? GG but is that supposed to prove something appart that you can do it ?

As far as reward vs time is concerned anything less rewarding than a 5min run in Gian Point could be reasonably considered as a waste of time.

Have faith.

They'll deliver everything you asked for.

Keep the list with you.

Hold it close to to your heart.

Every suggestion, every idea, every improvement on that list will be realized. 

Every issue 

Resolved.

Endless

Unique

Different

Rewards

Aside from mission pacing, side-objectives, and ship weapon loadouts I've mentioned, I would also love to see adaptive ship loadouts, as we briefly saw in the demo.  I understand it comes with problems (who is allowed to change things? How easy is it to do so?), and it can be extremely hard to get right, but it's just so awesome.

Currently, the selection of avionics (and Intrinsic benefits that are quite similar to avionics) is quite broad, but in-game, I see very few of them in actual use.  If there are going to be more varied enemies and objectives that reward specialization, then we need a way to adjust our avionic 'loadout' without going back to dock.

One possible system:

At the dock, install avionics onto your railjack.  This will 'unlock' them for use in this railjack session.  Maybe the more you have invested in railjack, the more avionics can be installed at a time.  You also have to own an intrinsic in order to install it, and you can invest dirac to increase an avionic's power cap, or maybe to reduce its base power consumption.
This is part of the longer-term progression for your railjack, while Intrinsics are progression for you as a Tenno.

At mission start, or between objective POIs/phases, you can choose which avionics will be active for this phase.  An active avionic drains power, and provides you with its basic benefit.
This is analogous to the arsenal in 'the main game', where you adjust your loadout based on the threat you know you'll face next.

During a mission phase, you can transfer power between your active avionics in order to increase their benefits - reduce Flux cost or increase effectiveness of battle avionics, increase your shield capacity to prepare for hits, or maximize archwing buffs for EVA.  This can be set-and-forget, or you can coordinate to give buffs where needed.
This is a new level of tactical control, to optionally reward teamwork, coordination, and specialization.

There is the issue of who controls power usage and activation of avionics.  What if the captain (or a delegate) controls the ship's power, but Intrinsics give Tenno some independent power?  Veteran captains can choose to be generous with buffs for their crew members, and veterans joining a newbie's crew can provide real benefits aside from 'carrying' with their individual prowess.

14 hours ago, mactrent said:

Aside from mission pacing, side-objectives, and ship weapon loadouts I've mentioned, I would also love to see adaptive ship loadouts, as we briefly saw in the demo.  I understand it comes with problems (who is allowed to change things? How easy is it to do so?), and it can be extremely hard to get right, but it's just so awesome.

Currently, the selection of avionics (and Intrinsic benefits that are quite similar to avionics) is quite broad, but in-game, I see very few of them in actual use.  If there are going to be more varied enemies and objectives that reward specialization, then we need a way to adjust our avionic 'loadout' without going back to dock.

Currently, the selection of avionics ... is quite broad, but in-game, I see very few of them in actual use. 

If there are going to be more varied enemies and objectives that reward specialization, then we need a way to adjust our avionic 'loadout' without going back to dock.

On 2021-02-15 at 11:46 PM, (PSN)xxav1xl6ivax said:

... the Avionics Grid is as much a fundamental (locked-in, hard-coded) structure which every Railjack is built upon as the Modular Slots are to Warframes, Weapons, Companions, and so forth, that it does really seem to be as infeasible to alter it as it would to do likewise for the modular grid structure of anything else ... BUT ... wait ...

There was/is a slot which WAS added [in] during the evolution of Warframe[s].

Exilus. 

So there MAY yet be a potential means to augment the grid, without having to tear he whole system apart for the want of more Avionics.

A modest suggestion may well be in exploring whether doing something analogous to what the Exilus slot does for Warframes (and was, eventually extended to Weapons) might be within the reasonable parameters for development.

It would DEFINITELY create some "breathing room," for what we got a preview of during the Scarlet Spear Operation: New Faction Enemies will bring new challenges and situations into play, for which more specialized Avionic counter-measures will be helpful, and available, but difficult to justify sacrificing central Avionics for.

With the Scarlet Spear OPERATION, I did just fine without incorporating any of the new, specialized anti-Sentient Avionics into my "BUILD."  

BUT ... It certainly would have helped 'level the PLAYING FIELD" if there was something along the lines of an Exilus slot for the Railjack Grid to apply more situationally specialized avionics to.

I would expect that the Corpus "PROXIMA" will be bringing new types of mechanics & challenges... New [Railjack] "rewards" (in Empyrean) will, in large part, mean new Avionics.

All the more, that does strengthen the argument to encourage trying to explore a couple of development routes. 

One may be an Exilus-like analogue for Railjacks.

Another, perhaps, an alternate "load-out."

And there's really no reason that they should be mutually exclusive (one or the other).

It seems like a reasonable idea to encourage possible development of both.

the Avionics Grid is  a fundamental  structure which every Railjack is built upon,

as the Modular Slots  to Warframes, infeasible to alter  the modular grid structure  ...

BUT ... a slot  WAS added [in] Warframes.

Exilus. 

a potential means to augment the grid, without having to tear the whole system apart for ... more Avionics.

A modest suggestion ... something analogous to what the Exilus slot does for Warframes 

It would  create  "breathing room," 

New Faction Enemies will bring new challenges and situations into play, for which more specialized Avionic[s] counter-measures will be helpful, and available, but difficult to justify sacrificing central Avionics for.

the Scarlet Spear OPERATION, did fine without incorporating new,  anti-Sentient Avionics into my "BUILD."  

BUT ... It  would have helped 'level the PLAYING FIELD"

the Corpus [Railjack] "PROXIMA" will be bringing new types of mechanics & challenges ... New [Railjack] "rewards" (in Empyrean) ... new Avionics.

that does strengthen the argument to encourage ... a couple of development routes. 

an Exilus-like analogue for Railjacks.

an alternate "load-out."

___________________________________________________________________________________________-

The Avionics Grid is  fundamental,  infeasible to ALTER.

A potential AUGMENT, analogous to Exilus, would  create  "breathing room." 

New Faction Enemies bring new situations, more [variety of] Avionic[s which a Railjack can do] fine without, BUT would help 'level the PLAYING FIELD."

Corpus [Railjack] will: 

bring new mechanics & challenges, new "rewards" [&] new Avionics,

- strengthen the argument to develop

- an Exilus for Railjacks.

- an alternate "load-out."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently, the selection of avionics (and Intrinsic benefits that are quite similar to avionics) is quite broad, but in-game, I see very few of them in actual use.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The INTRINSICS Skills SYSTEM, though not without SYNERGY, is still as different from the AVIONICS GRID & AVIONICS (Modules),

as the OPERATOR FOCUS (Abilities) are from WARFRAME ['superpowers'] ABILITIES, and [SLOT] FRAMES & (MODULES) "MODS".  

It may well be that the intended parallels between those systems resulted in two dilemmas which impacted the INTRINSICS SYSTEM:

1. Trying to pattern-follow Intrinsics TOO closely in line with Focus.

2. Running out of adequate familiar vocabulary for differentiation.

In Warframes, the term "superpowers" is totally jettisoned.

(That's fine. "Superpowers" are SUCH a Dead-CLICHE that it doesn't matter how wacky or crazy-cool they are anymore, just seeing the word "superpowers" has become a pariah to every genre & medium that contributed to their creation, that invoking the word within any of those contexts is now either to be avoided at all costs, or employed in a self-satirical way.*)

Warframes have "Abilities."

Operators ... needed a different term ... but still with a Tie-In.

OPERATORS (Tenno) SCHOOLS [areas of study] FOCUS (Abilities)

Operators have "Focus."

Railjacks have "Houses" & "Components."

Intrinsics have ... a problem.

We're out of words with similar connotations or alternate emphasis. 

i.e. "Focus" still refers to "Operator Focus Abilities," but dodges the trap of confusion with "Warframe Abilities" by emphasizing "FOCUS."

We collect FOCUS [Experience Points] XP as (Excess Additional or Special) "Affinity."

In the language used, "Abilities" is given a similar priority to leave-out of "FOCUS [abilities]" as "superpowers" is to "[superpower] ABILITIES."

(WARNING: Opinionated Statement Ahead)

"SKILLS" does not "work" for the purposes and meanings the word is being applied to in Railjack "Intrinsics."

IMMEDIATELY the Term and its Application discounts that "we" (individual Humans, Players, People, Tenno) have any "skills."

Zero. No Intrinsics. No Intrinsic Skills. No Skills.

THEN, the specialization lanes, REVERSE the most basic and fundamental understanding of SKILLS, by equating them with tokens of external acquisition.

There is nothing set forth within the Intrinsics System acknowledging any skills have developed or exist, only that future skills have to be "unlocked" & "awarded."

WHAT?!!

(Remember, this is OPINIONATED, and drawing from my own experience, observations and reflection of the procedures as they presented themselves and have been presented to me.)

Well, I figured going to a forum and complaining that the system is contradictory to reason at a fundamental level would not (then) be of any benefit.

That I'm gonna have to "play ball" with this system or abandon it, (and the former is about as much "fun" as living for the sake of being a cop-out).

I'm gonna have to apply "the art of suspended judgement," (which is another "skill" that's unacknowledged, but will be fundamentally necessary to "unpack" the design and operational mechanics of the system, and "make sense of it").

OhQVmjT.png?1

It wasn't until having reached beyond the second [grades] "SKILLS" of "Intrinsics,' that the schema of program-oriented training (the equivalent to "tutorial units") forming the bottom echelon of "SKILLS" sorted out in a retroactive inventory of the system, and the design path clarified.

What was "backwards" about it was that there was no base of skills which had been set forth, which no matter how poor or advanced they may be, still had to be developed, worked with/on/from, before graduating on to the next [grade, or class] "SKILL."

So in my own process of Auditing the Intrinsics System, that was something which emerged and became apparent very early on (into the first Railjack release).

So as a "system," "Intrinsics" is LAID OUT in a way that is even more absurd than the "life problem, that is insoluble."

(Grades, Work, Quotas, Promotion, Retirement ... "The Arthur Murray School of Dance")

In other words, "developing skills" equivocates well with "the cultivation of disciplines."

"Skills" do not equivocate with Tokens, or "Rewards" given in exchange work & saved points to buy them with.

* "Powers," "Mystery Men," "The Boys," "Deadpool," etc."

When it comes to the Corpus Queenpins being added to railjack, and Liches being moved there, can we drop the Lich/Queenpin name from the weapon name, and just have Kuva Bramma / Kuva Nukor / etc, instead of the long name? I think 99% of the time people only care about the Lich Name the first time they see him/her, after that no one really cares if the weapon is named after some long-dead/converted personal Lich, and its just something you have to mentally filter out.  Plus the long names often don't fit into a lot of places weapon names are displayed.

On 2021-01-29 at 12:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you heard on the Devstream, Scott would like as many Railjack thoughts as possible. This temporary Subforum was built out to collect as much constructive content as possible. Post your threads, discussions, videos, all in this handy place! 

Since we are already on the 7th page, I feel like this feedback is going one way too much. Unlike the past feedback thread RE: Orphix Venom where several questions was thrown at players for us to answer, this one seems so much one sided.  

Yes, we can think for ourselves what we would like for RJ, but how do we even know what you guys are up to?  All I am saying is too much ideas are being thrown without so much a basic outline as to what needs being discussed. 

5 hours ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Since we are already on the 7th page, I feel like this feedback is going one way too much. Unlike the past feedback thread RE: Orphix Venom where several questions was thrown at players for us to answer, this one seems so much one sided.  

Yes, we can think for ourselves what we would like for RJ, but how do we even know what you guys are up to?  All I am saying is too much ideas are being thrown without so much a basic outline as to what needs being discussed. 

We don't.

We have no models that have been presented for how it works ... or rather how the Empyrean (outer environment layer, shell, what-have-you) was planned to be built.

On 2021-02-15 at 11:46 PM, (PSN)xxav1xl6ivax said:

We, as "players" are very much in the dark, as we do not have any models for explanation or understanding how the design for Empyrean construction is intended to work (in a more completely constructed schema).

We can pretty easily use Dante's Divine Comedy as a partial, visual  guide for Empyrean, (while Pinball and Multi-level Playfields, though not completely absent, make up a more comprehensible model to explain, describe, understand, much of Deimos)

We can infer that simultaneous development was rolling (snowballing even), and was suddenly roadblocked by the Pandemic, enormously disrupting and fragmenting an integrated large studio workflow, into innumerable detours, demanding the studio be plugged into and remotely accessed by everyone, working in isolation from home. 

We need to play it from the inside out, while the outside (as it were, in terms of Empyrean) has to be developed and built from even further outside (even if a developer lives just next door).

But we are still working from best guesses (at best), without any definite indications of whether or not they are 

(railroad crossing pun, dead ahead)

ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

{The method of our time is to use not single but multiple models for [experimental] exploration—the technique of the suspended judgment} [is the discovery of the twentieth century as the technique of invention was the discovery of the nineteenth.]

98HC3py.pngK2qPL7W.png

Empyrean is "dead."

It's just "Railjack" now.

We did get plenty of "model" about how the first part being deployed "works," (except it has to be pieced together from between the lines of "hype), along with a constantly reiterated 'solid' "model."

When you watch that Empyrean demo and you see the player flying the ship, everything you see is an illusion. There's a large portal stretched across the cockpit of the Railjack, and the ship itself isn't moving at all. 

"You just connect the player controls to where that portal is," Sinclair says. "For Empyrean, there's a big 32 kilometer-squared space where all the space combat is happening and you're pitching around and it feels like you might vomit, but [off to the side] there's a little level and that's your actual spaceship. You have a solid, reliable physics system driving what appears to be this six degrees of freedom experience over here [in an entirely separate area]."

6aY7ep0.png

"The idea was so sound that last week—last friggin' week—one of the graphics engineers, who is a way better programmer than me, said 'I think this is a problem because the level is rotating too fast.'" Sinclair adds. "And I'm like, whoa, pump the brakes. The level doesn't move. It's fixed in space and we're just moving the backdrop perspective."

Only rather than going into Corpus Proxima (where an Obelisk would be on the encounters list), they started with Two Grineer controlled systems and The Veil, presumably because the Corpus Ship Remaster was slated for AFTER the first part of "Railjack" rolled out, and the imperative behind railjack Construction is rooted in containing a boarder war against the Sentient ("Barbarians at the Gates").

b8r00tC.jpg

7 pages is "nothing."

I have little doubt that gamers are entirely capable of filling twice that number of pages with defeatist rhetoric about why nobody should make an effort to post anything on them (irony cubed). But I trust that the forum administrators have the sensibility to recognize when topic is getting nowhere (by saying as much, and closing it to further replies). All the same, thanks for caring.

https://www.pcgamer.com/15-years-later-warframe-is-finally-close-to-realizing-its-original-vision/

https://www.fanbyte.com/trending/warframe-empyrean-preview-update-tennocon-2019/

https://www.pcgamer.com/warframes-space-flight-update-lets-you-steal-enemy-ships-and-call-on-other-players-for-ground-support/

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1472229386503/warframe-empyrean-interview-devs-chime-in-on-crossplay-pve-raids-pvp-more

A bit of hilarity:

This was just copy/pasted right out of the PS Communities PS4@4 PS Community (DEEP within the "walled garden" within a "walled garden" of the PSN of connected PS4 consoles), in January of last year (when there was still a mobile application to access them from).

It's just the text with Player names and posted images removed.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm curious why are relics even in the loot pool when they have nothin to do with railjack thats a wasted 50% chance on gettin somethin g i cant use for railjack

indeed and i also wonder why we still recieve kuva as sortie rewards 😑

The kuva i kinda understand but the relics not so much. none of them have anything at all with the game playstyle so why give it to us as a reward? theres so many other ways to get relics i dont need them as a reward from a whole different game mode its already a grind to get drops for the railjack to begin with but to then throw in a meaningless reward and make it 50% of the loot pool is nuts

they feel the need to always decrease the already low drop rate, perhaps

you are correct about that but its not really that bad in the "regular" game mode or atleast its not to me well except for some cracking open some relics

be nice if sortie kuva was like 20k atleast

i agree with 20k or maybe even 10-15k lol but again there are other ways to get kuva fairly easy

with an actual kuva farming, it must take out of sortie rewards imo

yea i can understand that hell they should do that with endo too cuz you can farm endo in other places just keep sorties for rare mods prime parts and rivens

ya iv not done a kuva frm before

basically i mean why do i need/want relics to drop in railjack missions when i cant use relics to get railjack resources or compants and if you want to keep relics as a reward then make their drop rates lower than the actual railjack specific gear

50% chance of getting a relic everytime i'm in the veil is not very rewarding for fighting 90 fighters and 6 crew ships plus whatever other objective thats on there

it would be different if i was able to crack open a relic and it has a chance to drop a vidar reactor or lavan shield or any of the components, but there are way more ways to get relics than railjack gear, and with the horrible drop rates of the railjack gear to begin with throwing in a meaningless reward for half of the loot drop is ridiculous i also think there should be a better way of knowing where all the drops are because these yellow purple and blue colors blend in really well with the rest of the tile set and makes it really hard to see all your drops to loot i'm saying relics dont need to be 50% of the loot drop and honestly they shouldnt be apart of the loot drop period railjack is a different aspect of the game as of right now and nothing you do in railjack pretains to the main warframe game correct me if im wrong.... you dont fly the railjack around anywhere else so why make a end of mission reward that doesnt help this "game mode" 50% of the loot drop... not to mention again the drop rate for actual rail jack end of mission reward is 12% At the end of mission we have 7 different relics we are able to get for a total of 50% of the loot you have no idea what i'm referring to if you are trying to show me what you are researching in your dojo well heres a spoiler the stuff in your dojo doesnt compare to the 3 different houses that you have drop different components or armanents take a look at that and see what it cost to build those then maybe you will understand why relics being 50% of the loot drop is ridiculous have you crafted "repaired" any of the armanents or components???? because showing me avionics doesnt mean anything to me becuase that once again isnt what i'm referring to because as it is right now its another game mode which to me means relices shouldnt take up most of the loot change thats all i'm saying

• Id prefer not min maxing whn its super early, subject to change within a month and not worth grinding outside of the 3 weapons tht drop frm it and being ready for whtvr "quest" releases next.

i totally understand that. i just now how i am lol and i want certain things before the "quest" comes so i can have options you know oh i know its just annoying that they made it 50% of the dang loot drop like they could have made resources apart of it considering how much it cost to repair things i NEVER said it was 100% of the drop it is 50% which means i have a 50% chance to get a meaningless relic over 12% chance of getting a component i need to upgrade my railjack and when you farmed for over 100 missions and you have only got 1 drop its a big deal HOWEVER i've gotten over 50% of relics to drop in doing my missions so yeah relices dont need to be 50% of the drop table 1 relic is 1 drop yes however there are 7 relics total that drop for a total of 50% of the drop table. and you are absolutely wrong they are rewards for doing the mission hence the reason it says END OF MISSION REWARD and then they give a bonus reward after that oh i know its subject to change i was just annoyed with all the relics i was getting when they dont pretain to the railjack or anything for the railjack and thats when i realized it was 50% of the loot drop and i was like holy crap thats ridiculous for something thats meaningless for this game mode i just hope when we get the next update/hotfix they look into these drop rates the instrics table is a grind trust me i know i've posted a pic of my table and i still have so much more to do lol but the whole concept of railjack i like minus the END OF MISSION rewards you obvisouly arent understanding what i'm trying to say becuase you keep talking/showing things from the dojo AND once again those things in the dojo are worthless except for the tycho seeker, milati, and the other forward artillary... you are wasting your time and resources building everything else ONCE you MAKE it to the VEIL you will understand and the drops that you get from house zetki are in game drops for the armaments as i stated before(maybe i wasnt clear enough) the end of mission rewards are components needed to upgrade the railjack from vidar and lavan are only a 12% drop chance compared to 50% for relics. AGAIN what you are showing has nothing to do with what i'm referring to so please stop bringing up the dojo research becuase everyone who has made it past earth proxima knows the dojo stuff is worthless

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 2021-02-15 at 4:16 AM, (PSN)xxav1xl6ivax said:

Okay, so I'm gonna try this as each thing comes to mind, (focus each post on something specific, rather than try to jam everything into a big list and post it).

Research For Construction.

Construction From Research.

Progression.

Load-Outs.

Now when Empyrean launched, there were those looking to fast-track everything (as usual), and those who wanted to really learn it and "get good."

Now on the fast track, there was a general attitude floating around that researching and building from the Sigma III COMPONENTS (Reactor, Shields & Engines) was a waste of time, and that a Sigma III Railjack could not be built strongly enough to Solo the Veil & Ruse Warfield.

That attitude and assumption was pervasive enough to stir up such a ****-Storm of complaints over lousy "RNG" for getting "Good Parts" (not to be mistaken for "getting good" at playing) that plenty of players really didn't accomplish either very well. 

MY contention was that a Sigma III Railjack SHOULD be enough. That building diligently and conservatively, and starting to break out into Solo in the Saturn Proxima (which will make things HARDER, but learned BETTER) would get a Railjack built from all Sigma III Components before getting to The Veil.

By THEN, knowing what front turret you'll most want to use should be pretty clear, and picking up a Good piece of House Scrap would come along in short enough order.

So that was what I proposed as a BASELINE assumption to TEST.

That underlying all difficulty, there was still a fundamental sort of DIY principle: What is PROVIDED for, if really worked hard, can be built to be good enough to beat the toughest challenge (presented by THE GAME).

And I proved it to be correct.

THEN I started pawing through the Scrap House Components which has accumulated, and had a very strong underlying FRAMEWORK of what to value and prioritize.

And gradually, I found that what I thought would be impossible (not the GAME but MY challenge), wasn't. 

To be able to do it without the HUD. 

So when the FIRST Revisit rolled in, I had something to REALLY put to a THOROUGH test:

Could I take the Sigma III Components out of storage, re-assemble the Railjack from them, and STILL beat The Ruse Warfield Solo, (only THIS time, WITHOUT the HUD)?

Yes.

Now, with systems having undergone a lot more changing and adjustment since then, I want to try putting that test back into play. It may very well be a good source for discovering subtle differences or deficiencies that could generate REASONABLE suggestions.

And the first, is something that now leaps to the forefront before even beginning the undertaking.

To do this, I'm gonna have to tear apart my Railjack, and re-build it ... TWICE.

Because there is no alternate "load-out" for a Railjack.

Hmm ...

Now wouldn't THAT be cool, if there was such an option.

What is disconcerting is that despite the roll-out and planning and phases that were being laid out and fleshed out and revamped for EMPYREAN, (in other words, in the way things were being presented by "DE"), players were persistently reducing the "discussion" to "Railjack."

There never was an Update called "Railjack."

(Although there was a later update, still under the EMPYREAN Update called Railjack Revisited.)

Given the contextual disparity between EMPYREAN and the Railjack, ESPECIALLY when EMPYREAN was still what was being actively developed, imagining trying to address a query about "Railjack" from the perspective of a developer working on EMPYREAN, using a computer as an interface, played out into something that so-much resembled a 21st century Monty Python satire that it became a 20th Century bit of Monty Python cinematic humor.

What is “Railjack?”

We’re sorry.

Our search algorithms were not able to locate any “Release Version” of a game or software product by that name, which is presently available to the consumer marketplace.

(Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?)

Our apologies.

The search criteria are, admittedly, not designed with a focus on isolating particular gaming software products, as the consumer marketplace is a treacherous domain that overwhelms any capacity for analogy as a consequence of its existence providing the accounting of and responsibility for supporting all functional communications resources, systems, media, social institutions and the cohesion of any presumed consensus “reality,” which can be interpolated by the conscious, “human, all too human” extensions “physical or psychic” senses, via media or technology, to the extent that any act which undertakes the denial of such extensions, is dependent upon them for providing that which is denied, creating a potentially more robust marketing dynamic by analysis of patterns of resistance than by the commoditization of acceptant dependency <error>

(See the løveli lakes)

Our apologies.

The masking emulation to disengage subjective plurality mood cogency has encountered an error

<error - type-set-return-to-margin-enter-line-drop - error type-set-return-to-margin-type error - type - return error-type error - typerror -terrorerrortyrereperrorerorererrrrrrrr>

(The wøndërful telephøne system)

We apologize. An apparent failure in our redundancy back-up routines seem to have <SEMANTIC X-THREADING> become confused by accepting subject-relevant data as “=true” while failing to authenticate the root assumption. Our monitoring was also derailed by a syntactic discrepancy which appears to have arisen from a discriminatory failure of the plural pronoun denoting self inclusion, “we,” to appropriately indicate variance between particular and universal <SEMANT-X ERROR error>

(And mäni interesting furry animals)

We apologize, again. It has just been [cursor] pointed out by a human operator that the “content” of the media file is insufficient to support the expectations of reason. The human operator-employed terminology which denoted that the media content “defies sensibility,” did not further explain the meaning of “sensibility,” in relation to “new media content,” enabling sensors to bypass recurrent future “[redacted]-ups” <error>

The characters and incidents portrayed and the names used are fictitious and any similarity to the names, characters, or history of any person is entirely accidental and unintentional. Signed RICHARD M. NIXON

(Including the majestik møøse)

We apologize for our apologies, and will make the best efforts possible to not do so again. <error>

(A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink")

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.

We apologize for the systems responible for issuing apopogies displacing useful information with apologies. The systems responsible for apologies have been sacked. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. <error>

(Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti)

We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

We apologize. The systems responsible for sacking the systems in charge of issuing apologies have been sacked.

Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN Suggestive poses for the Møøse suggested by VIC ROTTER Antler-care by LIV THATCHER

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

Executive Producer JOHN GOLDSTONE & "RALPH" The Wonder Llama

Producer MARK FORSTATER Assisted By EARL J. LLAMA MIKE Q. LLAMA III SY LLAMA MERLE Z. LLAMA IX

Directed By 40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS 6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS 142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS 14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS (CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA) REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON 76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY and TERRY GILLIAM & TERRY JONES

On 2021-02-15 at 9:17 AM, (PSN)xxav1xl6ivax said:

Well, as a WOMAN, I'm at least spared any concern about The Man In The Wall (beyond while playing The Chains of Harrow Quest).

Now I did love getting a great surprise after that quest, presenting as an Operator doppelgänger -

(according to age-old German folklore, all living creatures have a spirit double who is invisible but identical to the living individual. These second selves are perceived as being distinct from ghosts [which appear only after death], and sometimes they are described as the spiritual opposite or negative of their human counterparts. In 1796, German writer Johann Paul Richter, who wrote under the pseudonym Jean Paul, coined the word Doppelgänger [from doppel-, meaning "double," and -gänger, meaning "goer"] to refer to such specters)

- and be treated to wildly randomized recurrences in various parts of the orbiter, and engaged in variations of a single theme of activity. Activities the Operator has been (thus far) entirely incapable of. Always engaged in doing something missing (via Alan Watts)  ...

"A little while ago, I was reading a book called Motivation and Personality, by A.H. Maslow (who is a professor of psychology at the University of Brandeis), and he had amassed together a very amusing set of quotations from about thirteen representative and authoritative American psychologists. And they were all saying words to the effect that the main drive behind all forms of animate activity was the survival of the species. In other words, all the manifestations of life are regarded by these men as intensely purposive. And the purpose and the value for which they strive is the value of survival.

And Maslow commented on this, that American [Orokin] psychology, as a result of its contact with the culture, is over pragmatic, over puritan, and over purposive.

That no textbooks on psychology have chapters on

fun and gaiety,

or on

aimless activity,

or on

purposeless meandering and puttering,

and so on.

And he said they are neglecting what may be one whole

(and even the most important) half of life.

In other words, it is a basic premise of the culture that life is work, and it’s serious. And herein lies its lack of joy; life is real, life is earnest."

And so I never saw a "Man In The Wall" (beyond the context of while playing IN The Chains of Harrow quest), and I would expect that any players who might build a Railjack before playing that quest, surprised as they may be by a doppelgänger of the operator, sitting atop the one thing that Cy could never do (namely, PRESS A BUTTON to start up the ship, after putting the key in the ignition) won't see a man in the wall either.

All the better, perhaps, that they SHOULD build a Railjack first, as they may be less likely to commit a fundamental attribution error.

I jump onto the forum to see how a debate is going on how to improve a game I love and am hit with "Well, as a WOMAN" subsequently followed by "fundamental attribution error." I'm playing a video game I love and trying to suggest how to make it better with a community. What is this post even about? Why is it even important that you're a woman? I don't mean any offense but please help me understand why you think it's important to declare that you're a woman as opposed to a man?

Some suggestions:

• Add a new Railjack-based syndicate at the relays. 
  • New syndicate offerings: Sigma components (so you do not need a clan to obtain them), new avionics, archwing mods, or even a new space-based warframe.
  • Add Railjack bounties for earning standing with this syndicate. In my opinion, current Empyrean maps are large enough to hold multi-stage bounties (assassination, sabotage, defense...)

I understand the feelings about players being stuck based around the hosts railjack build, but the changes seem like a knee jerk reaction in the wrong direction

1. Will you make changes to railjack that prevent people from getting into the pilot seat if they do not meet certain criteria? much like the BFG

2. Will you have a system in place that requires people to have avionics or what ever you are going to call the mods equipped before they can even try to join a mission?

3. Will you require that the players be on a level 30 frame that has full mods much like a sortie?

I do not think these are unfair things to look at to prevent other players gaming experience from being ruined, as railjack stands right now if I get on ship that has poor avionics and weapons I can tell that right away and make the decision to stay or go, with the changes you are planning to make how will players know? 

I really didnt liked this changes!

From what was said today at devstream railjack I was concerned about such changes in avionics removal. What work did I do to build my railjack now will be transformed into what exactly? If these changes happen I will require the platinum to spend on the resource booster ....! And if these changes really happen, it will no longer be fun to play railjack. Another thing I didn't like was seeing orphix venom on railjack .... the event in my opinion was horrible, tiring and stressful! It's all wrong!

If Avionics is changed, it means that Railjack's health, shields, armor, and flux energy (upper limit) will change.
I don't know if it will change performance as if it were a different ship for each player, or if it will refer to the total value, but I don't think changing that will make for a good game mode.

I think what we need is to separate Payload and bring in Turret.
(Just like in normal mode, you don't let other players use your Gear or Energy, or decide what weapons and ammo you have.)

This is in response to the most recent dev stream:

I love the idea of allowing us to mod our railjacks from the orbiter, but not only are we losing an integrated avionics slot but we're losing the ability to upgrade the Grid 3 times, thus making our railjacks worse just so we can have Harnesses. It really doesn't seem worth it since we're losing more than we're getting. Also if no one is piloting, what determines the health, shield, and armour of our railjack. In my opinion the idea of Harnesses is great if a more experienced player decides to join a newer player but it only seems to make soloing the Railjack much more difficult even with the command intrinsic.

Regarding the latest stream;

"The host's railjack decides too much"

Yes. And that's good. Why bother upgrading a ship when you can just have someone else run all the mods for it? Heck, why bother doing anything when you can just rely on someone else running any mods?

You guys want people to all create their own set of mod loadouts for railjack, and have them work together. Sounds good on paper. On paper.

But in reality, it'll result in a bunch of butt-hats running no mods at all (or non-upgraded ones) and expecting everyone else to run mods for them and carry them through the missions.

The pilot already has to carry everyone else with his maxed out ship. But now he'll need to carry everyone while actively being sabotaged by them.

Hell, these changes don't even make any sense. How on earth does the railjack suddenly gain speed or firepower just because some dude sitting in the back eating crayons got 1 or 2 mods up his butt? It makes no sense!

To put it extremely simple;

You guys want to force co-op in Railjack. But it just doesn't work. Railjack fundamentally - just like the rest of the game - is primarily a solo experience with optional co-op, not a co-op with optional solo.

You can't force co-op in railjack. It just. doesn't. work. Trying to make people work together without a pre-made squad is like explaining quantum physics to a rock. You can't.

You need to accept that railjack is just another solo game mode that can but doesn't need to be played together.

Archived