PSA: Nightwave: Intermission Delay on Nintendo Switch

Hey Nintenno,

As the team prepares for Nightwave: Intermission, we want to make sure you’re kept in-the-know. Our Nintendo Switch team has encountered some platform-specific issues that need to be addressed before Nightwave: Intermission can launch, and at this time, it doesn’t look like the update will launch on February 1st with other platforms.

We are so sorry for this delay and will use the time to make improvements to the Nintendo Switch build. We'll also extend Nightwave: Intermission on Nintendo Switch by however many days it’s delayed! I’ll let you know here as soon as we have a more specific release timeline.

Monday, February 1 Update:

The team’s on track to finish our build improvements soon! After, we’ll be submitting the Nightwave: Intermission III build to Nintendo’s cert team.

I’d also like to clarify that our Nightwave: Intermission III extension on Nintendo Switch will not delay Nightwave: Series 4! Our extension will fill the time between the end of Intermission III and the start of the next series.

Thursday, February 4 Update:

Nightwave: Intermission III has passed Cert on Nintendo Switch! We're getting ready to launch the update today. Thank you for your patience, Nintenno!

Nightwave: Intermission III is now live on Nintendo Switch!

• Like 11

It's fine, but please, consider dropping some alerts/invasions for Nitain and Potatoes in case the update should be delayed for too long. Specially Nitain, with Lavos requiring it is something many players are going to need soon. And the potatoes for all the new content too.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

🤣🤣 You should delay it for the others. You always made Nightwave live for all at the same time. Don't go breaking the only thing you can put live on all platforms at the same time.

They already broke it late 2019 when we had delayed Vauban and Ash unvault.

Le 30/01/2021 à 23:42, (NSW)Mbek a dit :

They already broke it late 2019 when we had delayed Vauban and Ash unvault.

Yeah I remember that. But it was link with the Old Blood Fiasco. Nightwave is actually the only thing they managed to put live on all platformes at the same times

The team’s on track to finish our build improvements soon! After, we’ll be submitting the Nightwave: Intermission III build to Nintendo’s cert team.

I’d also like to clarify that our Nightwave: Intermission III extension on Nintendo Switch will not delay Nightwave: Series 4! Our extension will fill the time between the end of Intermission III and the start of the next series.

• Like 6
Il y a 7 heures, [DE]Helen a dit :

So that means only 2 things. 

Option 1. You hold all other platforms so that we all get the same time on Nightwave. 

Option 2. Nintendo switch gets screwed and we have less time than all other platforms. 

Sorry but seeing how you do things now concernant Nintendo switch, I think it will be option 2

4 hours ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

So that means only 2 things. 

Option 1. You hold all other platforms so that we all get the same time on Nightwave. 

Option 2. Nintendo switch gets screwed and we have less time than all other platforms. 

Sorry but seeing how you do things now concernant Nintendo switch, I think it will be option 2

Mate, she literally said that they're going to just push the Switch Nightwave into the interrim between IM3 and NW4. We're gonna be like a day or two out, not weeks. And I guarantee you we're going to have at least three months, and I'd wager more. If you're going to complain, fine, but at least read the first post before you do.

• Like 5

While waiting for it to be release,  please check pause fuction not working when playing solo game like it normally does. 

Also i notice lavos syandana and soulder guard flask doesnt contain the liquid animation like in the trailer on console

• Like 2
2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Nightwave: Intermission III has passed Cert on Nintendo Switch! We're getting ready to launch the update today. Thank you for your patience, Nintenno!

Thanks for the info :)