Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did warframe pull a No man's sky

(PSN)SifuPurpleWolf

Please excuse the title, I love warframe but no man's sky launched the game with missing alot of content and they received alot of hate for it. I do not hate warframe by any stretch I only wish to ask this quick question regarding warframes railjack system. During the first debut of railjack back in 2018 tennocon we viewed the most hype for railjack/empyream as we have ever seen. I was wondering if the devs ever planed on actually adding to the game what we viewed in the trailer,

flying from the ground of the open worlds to space all from your rail jack as we saw in the 2018 trailer would be epic beyond measure, can digital extremes make this dream of mine a reality, by following up on the promise of what their trailer showed us and push their current limitations to the extreme ? 

It's worth noting that Railjack's launch came after almost a year of players whining for them to release it already (even though the devs stated that the result would be a cut down version of what they had initially shown).

I also have to question what purpose would calling the Railjack down to the planet fulfil (bearing in mind that that moment was likely put in for the wow factor of the reveal rather than them saying "this is definitely how it's going to work in-game")? For me at least, if I want to launch a Railjack mission I'm not going to be doing it via a Landscape.

41 минуту назад, (PSN)Crimmson_knight сказал:

Please excuse the title, I love warframe but no man's sky launched the game with missing alot of content and they received alot of hate for it. I do not hate warframe by any stretch I only wish to ask this quick question regarding warframes railjack system. During the first debut of railjack back in 2018 tennocon we viewed the most hype for railjack/empyream as we have ever seen. I was wondering if the devs ever planed on actually adding to the game what we viewed in the trailer,

flying from the ground of the open worlds to space all from your rail jack as we saw in the 2018 trailer would be epic beyond measure, can digital extremes make this dream of mine a reality, by following up on the promise of what their trailer showed us and push their current limitations to the extreme ? 

no man's sky adds actual new content. warframe just reskins the existing one and puts it behind moronic grind-walls. 

4 minutes ago, WarmongerExtraordinare said:

no man's sky adds actual new content. warframe just reskins the existing one and puts it behind moronic grind-walls. 

Really? I was unaware that Landscapes, Empyrean, Liches and the like have been in the game since 2013.

I still don't get the complaints that "Landscapes are just reskins of each other". When the environment, enemies, mission objectives and pinnacle activities (Eidolon Hunts, Orb Heists and Isolation Vaults, respectively) are all different between the three, how exactly is that a reskin? The only things they share are the side activities (Mining, Fishing and Conservation), which are just that. Side activities.

16 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's worth noting that Railjack's launch came after almost a year of players whining for them to release it already (even though the devs stated that the result would be a cut down version of what they had initially shown).

I also have to question what purpose would calling the Railjack down to the planet fulfil (bearing in mind that that moment was likely put in for the wow factor of the reveal rather than them saying "this is definitely how it's going to work in-game")? For me at least, if I want to launch a Railjack mission I'm not going to be doing it via a Landscape.

It's from all the people that wanted the "content islands connected". 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They're slowly adding to it. Stuff happens and people can't work as hard, provide as much, deliver on as much as some random person demands. Who knows what went on during the development phase and release.

Either way, it's gonna require patience on your end, and hard work on DEs end.

also they announce things and then release about a billion different things in the meantime instead of working on and finishing the original thing.

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's from all the people that wanted the "content islands connected". 

And considering that the Railjack as shown in the clip basically did nothing while in the Vallis, I still wonder how they expect this to be a meaningful "connection", rather than just a way to expedite transit from one to the other.

The only things "missing" that were shown in that trailer is the ground to Railjack transition and the more forced interactions between the Railjack team and the away team.

The transition is just there to be flashy and would serve no purpose in-game besides being a neat transition in a quest. Who is going to be specifically going from Orb Vallis into a Railjack mission regularly without a mode/event forcing us to?

While the more direct interactions between both teams would have made solo Railjack almost impossible with players needing to go back and forth a lot more than they already do (literally impossible considering how many players though it was "hard" on release). This could work in a "Trials" like mission for Railjack but otherwise this isn't something that would have worked in the normal modes.

Any other differences could just be the result of all the development time that went on between the trailer to the actual in-game release. But on the pure gameplay side of things we got nearly the exact same content.

at least when we got Railjack, we still had a solid game to play outside of it. No Man's Sky didn't have that luxury.

I do think things will continue to keep getting better though DE have proven that they are listening and slowly but surely, Railjack and other modes are starting to take the shape of what they're supposed to be. it might take another update after the Corpus one before the real Railjack mode equates to the Railjack mode we saw at TennoCon 2019, but if that's what it takes, then bring it on.

Just now, (PSN)smb-twisted said:

also they announce things and then release about a billion different things in the meantime instead of working on and finishing the original thing.

Because despite DE warning them about it, players complained that it was incomplete at launch and demanded that they scrap it to work on other stuff (to this day there are still players who think they should do so). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)smb-twisted said:

There are hundreds of people all asking for different things. Not to mention DE implementing their own vision of the game (it's their game after all).

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Because despite DE warning them about it, players complained that it was incomplete at launch and demanded that they scrap it to work on other stuff (to this day there are still players who think they should do so). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

that goes back waaay longer than railjack

28 minutes ago, WarmongerExtraordinare said:

If you're at the point in which you can throw around such hyperbole with a straight face then you may want to consider playing other games. Your opinion can not be taken in good faith.

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

If you're at the point in which you can throw around such hyperbole with a straight face then you may want to consider playing other games. Your opinion can not be taken in good faith.

I just picked up no man sky after around 3 years, which is the same sort of time i've played warframe (although i've only just started playing warframe again after around a year off) it's hard to say which has changed the most, or which has added the most. warframe in terms of quantity but in terms of quality... probably warframe again but it's probably closer than you think.

the token system on deimos is heinous, i know that.

9 минут назад, Jarriaga сказал:

what do you think ive been doing? getting that descendant seal. check out the certified judge of opinions over here. anyway, back to waiting for that sweet sweet fourth pseudo-open-world. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)smb-twisted said:

I just picked up no man sky after around 3 years, which is the same sort of time i've played warframe (although i've only just started playing warframe again after around a year off) it's hard to say which has changed the most, or which has added the most. warframe in terms of quantity but in terms of quality... probably warframe again but it's probably closer than you think.

the token system on deimos is heinous, i know that.

In my opinion, NMS has changed a lot more than WF. However, I think this is because of how drastic the changes were while WF's were incremental.

My issue is with the user saying that WF does nothing more than reskinned content, which can not be taken in good faith. Not the NMS comparison per se.

40 minutes ago, Corvid said:

They put railjack on their 2019 road map.  And players were told it's was coming soon. Then agine  at the Tennocon,  year rolled to an end   they release a broken railjack  without the promised new war update to go with it. ..  Christmas2019..  but sure blame the playbase  for expecting what they were told to expect. ..

Just now, Jarriaga said:

In my opinion, NMS has changed a lot more than WF. However, I think this is because of how drastic the changes were while WF's were incremental.

My issue is with the user saying that WF does nothing more than reskinned content. Not the NMS comparison per se.

yeah i think it probably has changed more, but more because it was such a comparative blank slate when i started playing that, compared to this. i've not been around since long time. but yeah, off topic anyway

Just now, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

They put railjack on their 2019 road map.  And players were told it's was coming soon. Then agine  at the Tennocon,  year rolled to an end   they release a broken railjack  without the promised new war update to go with it. ..  Christmas2019..  but sure blame the playbase  for expecting what they were told to expect. ..

to be fair, if anyone has played this game for 1+ year then yeah, if people expect to get what they're told to expect then yeah i think it's on them 😅

Archived