Did warframe pull a No man's sky

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

And considering that the Railjack as shown in the clip basically did nothing while in the Vallis, I still wonder how they expect this to be a meaningful "connection", rather than just a way to expedite transit from one to the other.

Take your big guns and bring chaos to open worlds... Then you notice they only tickle normal enemies

• Like 2

Wow No Man's Sky and Warframe have some similiarities in that they both lied to customers.  Railjack, Nemesis, and all the recent updates have gone over not as well as they should/could since many of them have been hyped to the max with how great they were going to be aka tennocon/video game advertisement awards but released are not even close to what was shown.  Warframe has did many Watchdog type trailers that looked great but were bad.  They also keep promising things that do not come to pass.  NMS is a game that finally after years added the original content.  Warframe keeps adding things that i would think a bunch of people want for things that they think are cool but have nothing to do with Warframe i.e. the things I mentioned above.  Both are different games but the thing that is the same is lying

Edited by Opetyr
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Good, because the title is dumb. The answer would be "no." Warframe was already an established game that released an unfinished game mode. No Man's Sky was an entire unfinished game

I think your missing the entire essence of the post tho, the point is both are companies that show trailers that advertise way more in game content than is really in the game, but hey we don't all have common sense to recognize the obvious I guess 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They're slowly adding to it. Stuff happens and people can't work as hard, provide as much, deliver on as much as some random person demands. Who knows what went on during the development phase and release.

Either way, it's gonna require patience on your end, and hard work on DEs end.

Trust me I got patience, I think all veteran warframe players who still play the game have patience... it was a simple question directed towards the devs, im not demanding anything, just asking if it was gonna be added or not. Thanks for your comment tho 😆 

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

It's worth noting that Railjack's launch came after almost a year of players whining for them to release it already (even though the devs stated that the result would be a cut down version of what they had initially shown).

I also have to question what purpose would calling the Railjack down to the planet fulfil (bearing in mind that that moment was likely put in for the wow factor of the reveal rather than them saying "this is definitely how it's going to work in-game")? For me at least, if I want to launch a Railjack mission I'm not going to be doing it via a Landscape.

I was simply asking a question and, it would be epic if you could use your railjack to fight edilons and orb mothers or other future bosses and it would connect the game to railjack more which is desperately needed. 

Edited by (PSN)Crimmson_knight
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, (PSN)Crimmson_knight said:

Please excuse the title, I love warframe but no man's sky launched the game with missing alot of content and they received alot of hate for it. I do not hate warframe by any stretch I only wish to ask this quick question regarding warframes railjack system. During the first debut of railjack back in 2018 tennocon we viewed the most hype for railjack/empyream as we have ever seen. I was wondering if the devs ever planed on actually adding to the game what we viewed in the trailer,

flying from the ground of the open worlds to space all from your rail jack as we saw in the 2018 trailer would be epic beyond measure, can digital extremes make this dream of mine a reality, by following up on the promise of what their trailer showed us and push their current limitations to the extreme ? 

Did you forget that No man's sky came out with a price tag of 59,90 while Warframe has an history of 7 years of totally free dlc ,reworks, improvents and expansions ?  

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Corvid said:

And considering that the Railjack as shown in the clip basically did nothing while in the Vallis, I still wonder how they expect this to be a meaningful "connection", rather than just a way to expedite transit from one to the other.

Just because it did nothing in the clip dosent mean it can't have a purpose in the future like do different new mission types or help fight the bosses would be epic

To pull a No Man's Sky, WF would need to release a couple back to back updates that fixed all the major issues with the game at once, and suddenly brought back everyone who had lost faith. 

No Man's Sky can no longer be called a failure. They came back from struggling and flailing and surged back big time.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What exactly do players want that's missing from that trailer? 

The ability to fly your railjack from the open worlds to space  and beyond the trailer perhaps being able to fight the bosses and launch orbital strikes helping out the ground team I think that would be epic but hey, just my opinion I guess, sorry if I came off as demanding, it was just a suggestion geez...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Did you forget that No man's sky came out with a price tag of 59,90 while Warframe has an history of 7 years of totally free dlc ,reworks, improvents and expansions ?  

No I did not forget, its besides the point, im simply stating that the practice of overhypying the trailers and not releasing what was shown was similar, regarding which game is better or not or more expensive or not is all besides the point. I'm not here to attack the game, this is my favorite game, I was just simply suggesting they add a feature I think would be really cool and help connect the game. Just my opinion no need to put your white knight armor on and come to warframes defense.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Crimmson_knight said:

The ability to fly your railjack from the open worlds to space  and beyond the trailer perhaps being able to fight the bosses and launch orbital strikes helping out the ground team I think that would be epic but hey, just my opinion I guess, sorry if I came off as demanding, it was just a suggestion geez...

i ask because im not sure what practical gameplay is truly missing from that trailer. Flying from open worlds to space never seemed like a practical thing to me. Having teams dependent on one another doesnt seem practical either. In the end, we got a railjack, minus the fluff that wouldnt work if they forced it on us anyway. 

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, (PSN)Crimmson_knight said:

No I did not forget, its besides the point, im simply stating that the practice of overhypying the trailers and not releasing what was shown was similar, regarding which game is better or not or more expensive or not is all besides the point. I'm not here to attack the game, this is my favorite game, I was just simply suggesting they add a feature I think would be really cool and help connect the game. Just my opinion no need to put your white knight armor on and come to warframes defense.

but you can't go beside this point, because this is the point which makes the difference. 

No Man Sky devs sold people a dream and people PAYED that dream with the full price of a triple S title. But the game was just a big lie, an empty, flat and boring sandbox. They even lied about being multip instead of single ffs. And after that they did not refund all the disappointed clients because in order to understand what a failure the game was in that state people needed to play longer than the refund period , letting them feel as scammed.  

Assuming they were in good faith, it was the worst advertising campaign and launch of a game I ever witnessed to.

Warframe instead was always a free to play, and not just the usual "free to play" with 70% of the cool content for pay users. It is probably, the only real free to play I ever played in my life and every addition, change, hotfix, expansion, rework is FREE. And the quality is not lame, it's very decent, at times even top class, and they have kept giving us this free content for 7 YEARS never asking us 1 $ when with all the content added during this period another company would have made 3 games.

Considering all this, I and a lot of the community can get behind some promises not attended, we always hope to get better updates and there will be always room for improvement, but DE long ago earned our trust.

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 10

I dunno

they feel like opposites to me

NMS started out betraying me, but has slowly through hard work earned my loyalty.

WF started out amazing, but repetitive and mediocre updates, changes that seem to appeal to players that aren't me, is making me lose interest over time.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

They put railjack on their 2019 road map.  And players were told it's was coming soon. Then agine  at the Tennocon,  year rolled to an end   they release a broken railjack  without the promised new war update to go with it. ..  Christmas2019..  but sure blame the playbase  for expecting what they were told to expect. ..

The New war was promised with Rj?

I can't remember any of that. Only that we got a trailer and that's it. There were no promises like that.

Even they were. Who expected De to deliver Rj and a new Cinematic quest.

Tho the New war is not just that and we indeed got a part of that quest line.

I have to say that the two arent even comparable.

NMS was hyped, hyped, hyped, promised, hyped, promised, hyped and promised up until the day of release more or less.

RJ was hyped, but no actual promises were made except for that what was shown was the intended final product. We knew well ahead of time that RJ would not be even near complete in the first playable release, we also knew months ahead of time that New War had changed from a cinematic quest to a long term "event". This was before c-19 put pins in the wheels for everyone. So far we've had two "real" New War parts, three if we count the anomaly from RJ aswell.

The next difference between the two games is that NMS had you pay for things not in the game at release while WF simply released parts of a free release in steps.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I have to say that the two arent even comparable.

NMS was hyped, hyped, hyped, promised, hyped, promised, hyped and promised up until the day of release more or less.

RJ was hyped, but no actual promises were made except for that what was shown was the intended final product. We knew well ahead of time that RJ would not be even near complete in the first playable release, we also knew months ahead of time that New War had changed from a cinematic quest to a long term "event". This was before c-19 put pins in the wheels for everyone. So far we've had two "real" New War parts, three if we count the anomaly from RJ aswell.

The next difference between the two games is that NMS had you pay for things not in the game at release while WF simply released parts of a free release in steps.

Plus anything that was genuinely removed or reworked was told to us up-front. Mainly anything to do with ship management where they point out several times "This wasn't working out well, so we've reworked it". 

really don't like that one Shy video on the topic for this reason.

• Like 8
21 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

The New war was promised with Rj?

I can't remember any of that. Only that we got a trailer and that's it. There were no promises like that.

Even they were. Who expected De to deliver Rj and a new Cinematic quest.

Tho the New war is not just that and we indeed got a part of that quest line.

Im talking about railjack releasing in December  without the Christmas release of New War. ..

Edited by (PSN)SolarPhantom82
On 2021-01-29 at 8:30 PM, (PSN)Crimmson_knight said:

It has to work for the solo player without the dependence of a pub or recruit chat. 

Im the latest dev steam 151 Scott said they are working on a mode that would be 3-4 different modes in 1. So planet mission to railjack mission to capital ship mission to raijack mission again. I’m ok with this. Atmospheric flight could be possible if they just made the flight to space a loading screen.  
but it would still just be a mode and not forced on anyone to do. 

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

but it would still just be a mode and not forced on anyone to do.

Trust me, someone is going to tell you "it's not forced" but if DE_steves "vision" (more like obsession) is what it sounds like, it will be something you HAVE to do. Yes, that would be unbelievable BS.

12 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Im talking about railjack releasing in December  without the Christmas release of New War. ..

What christmas release of New War are you refering to? New War changed long before christmas from being a single cinematic quest to being an over-time "event" release.

• Like 4

every AAA game has been pulling a No Man's Sky ever since publishers have been infested with greedy, sickly, degenerate boomers and their boomspawns, however in **'s case i think it's more incompetence than greed, or perhaps both and they're incompetent in the greed field as well

also, NMS we found out later that they were pushed into lies, so i don't blame the devs for what happened

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

What christmas release of New War are you refering to? New War changed long before christmas from being a single cinematic quest to being an over-time "event" release.

You mean one month before it was supposed to be released,  they started changing everything. .  And if you were playing close attention sure. ..  but it had a Christmas 2019 release date for over 6 months... and if you just expected them to do what they say they will do , both on their 2019 roadmap and then at Tennocoin , I think it's ok to be let down. .  Or are we just serpose  to not take anything DE says with face value. ..

Edited by (PSN)SolarPhantom82
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Sovyul said:

every AAA game has been pulling a No Man's Sky ever since publishers have been infested with greedy, sickly, degenerate boomers and their boomspawns, however in **'s case i think it's more incompetence than greed, or perhaps both and they're incompetent in the greed field as well

also, NMS we found out later that they were pushed into lies, so i don't blame the devs for what happened

It's both incompetence and greed, mostly it is incompetence. Many devs in recent years have complained how even games that had several years of development, the bulk of it was the game constantly changing directions with them having no clue what they were actually supposed to be making due to poor management/direction; or they're asked to do something that's on a technical level just impossible for the time. The greed just comes from the games not being finished in time, and the people at the top of the chain know they can get away with selling unfinished games.

This doesn't extend to just major known studios, another scifi game with similarities to Warframe suffered all these things and never actually was finished [Firefall].

9 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Or are we just serpose  to not take anything DE says with face value. ..

Their job is to sell you something, why would you not think they're exaggerating, or over promising?

Edited by Yamazuki

Its not a fair comparison at all.

NMS is a full fledged game that ended up being in Alpha state with the things that were said that would be there not being in the first place.

Railjack is an Alpha state of a gamemode in a full fledged game.

Its comparing a new game with a new DLC and saying that they are equal in value.

11 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

You mean one month before it was supposed to be released,  they started changing everything. .  And if you were playing close attention sure. ..  but it had a Christmas 2019 release date for over 6 months... and if you just expected them to do what they say they will do , both on their 2019 roadmap and then at Tennocoin , I think it's ok to be let down. .  Or are we just serpose  to not take anything DE says with face value. ..

The gave us the notice about 3 month ahead of the "planned" release. Which imo was also a great decisions since depicting a massive war with a cinematic quest would be dull to say the least. DE has a vision of things, sometime it doesnt end up as planned since they get a different idea for how to present it. More so since this has a big impact on WF lore. It would be a great idea to make it feel more like an actual war.

We would have probably gotten alot more of it during 2020 if the real world didnt screw up like it did, since what they said was that New War had shifted to a year long happening that was going to reveal during 2020. But instead we got things that were planned for later that didnt require studio access, like Deimos.

And I rather have a company with a vision they actually want to implement and are willing to change, over a company that uses the quickest solution. So I'm all ok with waiting if DE gets another idea regarding how to present something connected to their IP.

Not to mention that we hadnt seen anything concrete regarding new war either, so people that expected a 2019 release set themselves up for massive disappointment to begin with. And this was during a time when DE showed things far ahead in time still, yet nothing shown regarding New War. How could people ever expect a release by the end of 2019?

• Like 1