Did warframe pull a No man's sky

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The gave us the notice about 3 month ahead of the "planned" release. Which imo was also a great decisions since depicting a massive war with a cinematic quest would be dull to say the least. DE has a vision of things, sometime it doesnt end up as planned since they get a different idea for how to present it. More so since this has a big impact on WF lore. It would be a great idea to make it feel more like an actual war.

We would have probably gotten alot more of it during 2020 if the real world didnt screw up like it did, since what they said was that New War had shifted to a year long happening that was going to reveal during 2020. But instead we got things that were planned for later that didnt require studio access, like Deimos.

And I rather have a company with a vision they actually want to implement and are willing to change, over a company that uses the quickest solution. So I'm all ok with waiting if DE gets another idea regarding how to present something connected to their IP.

Not to mention that we hadnt seen anything concrete regarding new war either, so people that expected a 2019 release set themselves up for massive disappointment to begin with. And this was during a time when DE showed things far ahead in time still, yet nothing shown regarding New War. How could people ever expect a release by the end of 2019?

3 months ??  Try 3 weeks, it was devstream 134 ,  December 7th.  when they told the  community the new war wasn’t being released,  and then went on to change what the new war was suppose to be..  please watch so you can stop spreading misinformation..         How could people ever expect a release by the end of 2019?    easy ,  they were told to expect it..  at the start of the year" road map"  mid year' Tennocoin" 

read the youtube comments if needed.. 

Edited by (PSN)SolarPhantom82
  • Like 3
On 2021-01-29 at 4:39 PM, (PSN)Crimmson_knight said:

Please excuse the title, I love warframe but no man's sky launched the game with missing alot of content and they received alot of hate for it. I do not hate warframe by any stretch I only wish to ask this quick question regarding warframes railjack system. During the first debut of railjack back in 2018 tennocon we viewed the most hype for railjack/empyream as we have ever seen. I was wondering if the devs ever planed on actually adding to the game what we viewed in the trailer,

flying from the ground of the open worlds to space all from your rail jack as we saw in the 2018 trailer would be epic beyond measure, can digital extremes make this dream of mine a reality, by following up on the promise of what their trailer showed us and push their current limitations to the extreme ? 

they did not say we could go from ground mission to railjack they used that scene just to make it a big dramatic reveal of railjack.
They wanted a big dramatic reveal of the fancy ship an so made that scene.
DE wanted showmanship in the reveal an it was a dev build xD so they can do anything in a dev build as the last dev stream reb gave herself a secondary when she did not have on on her loadout.

Give DE credit where it's due. Railjack has had some significant improvements since it first launched, and has become a much more streamlined experience overall.

Remember that this game is 100% entirely free to play. That also should be worth a little bit of patience on the part of the player if some of the content takes a little longer to come out. Give them time.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

3 months ??  Try 3 weeks, it was devstream 134 ,  December 7th.  when they told the  community the new war wasn’t being released,  and then went on to change what the new war was suppose to be..  please watch so you can stop spreading misinformation..         How could people ever expect a release by the end of 2019?    easy ,  they were told to expect it..  at the start of the year" road map"  mid year' Tennocoin" 

read the youtube comments if needed.. 

They had also mentioned it far earlier in tweets etc.

And I still ask you, how could people expect a 2019 release when nothing had been showed regarding New War at all. The only thing they had shown at all regarding anything sentient was the very very old arm cannon concept aswell as a few new sentient tiles that were WIP. DE tends to show alot more ahead of release, previously far ahead of release, but we didnt even see any sentient content at tennocon.

And what validity would youtube comments have?

7 hours ago, Gillboy75 said:

any other indie game would have released the patch with no bugs

Hah. Hah.

Also, most other indie games are nowhere near the scale of Warframe.

• Like 2
On 2021-01-29 at 3:50 PM, Jarriaga said:

If you're at the point in which you can throw around such hyperbole with a straight face then you may want to consider playing other games. Your opinion can not be taken in good faith.

I moreso thought the comment was ironic

• Like 1

I just want them to actually fix the game mode, back in December they broke the breach system, if your shields are down then capital ship attacks got a 99% chance to cause a hull breach, you repair the breach and it pops up again a nano second later, STILL hasn't been fixed. You also can't teleport to other parts of the shop if you're at the front or the back because the map moves with you, STILL not fixed, especially the hull breach hazards is infuriating, they introduced the bug in December and they didn't do anything! still broken.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

just the reactions too the news,,  finding out for the first time..

First time for them, which still makes me question the validity.

It is kinda like when Lloyd walks into the bar and notices the news article on the wall and screams "We've landed on the moon!".

edit: And to be perfectly clear, if people wanna pick on wording etc. then the new war did infact start as they "promised" in decemeber when RJ was released, since it is the first encounter with the sentient armada.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2
Am 30.1.2021 um 00:12 schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

They're slowly adding to it. Stuff happens and people can't work as hard, provide as much, deliver on as much as some random person demands. Who knows what went on during the development phase and release.

Either way, it's gonna require patience on your end, and hard work on DEs end.

This. People don’t get that companies can’t magically make content happen.... it’s a two sided coin. Problems happen and either you are able to hold on to the game or you don’t. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

First time for them

And 99% for the community.  Shys video is the same. ..in her Dev abridged. . which is called   

So if poeple knew 3 months before like you said,  they don't seem to act like it. .  

Edited by (PSN)SolarPhantom82
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

So if poeple knew 3 months before like you said,  they don't seem to act like it. .  

And that surprises you how exactly when youtube and streamers are involved? Dont you remember that other content creator that acted surprised and disgrunteled over how arbitrations were implemented when that specific person had advocated for that exact implementation?

Acting surprised and creating drama gives views, views give grofit, need I say more? Then that the neon-god zealots act the same elsehwere is of no surprise at all either. It's been like this for a couple of years now and WF isnt a special case, so why should we be spared of those types of content creators and followers?

• Like 1

While we are talking about unfinished Content:

Where is "Duviri Paradox"? It was teased TennoCon 2019. I slowly start to believe "Con" doesn't mean "Convention".

Where is "A New War"? Scarlet Spear did nudge the thing in the right direction, "A New War" should have picked up from there. The story of Lotus is stuck in limbo and leaves with a cliffhanger in that one cinematic. 

Instead we got Deimos. I have to admit, a beautiful landscape which fixes some issues Eidolon Plains and Fortuna have. But these two in turn didn't get the same treatment. Hunting in Fortuna is still a chore and I don't do that unless there are "free animals" to hunt down. Deimos just added forced content and tried to entangle it with "A new War". I did play the event, but it didn't feel as awesome as "Scarlet Spear". I had to farm this stupid robot, just for this event - until I noticed: They can be bought with Plat when the Event launched. This was the moment I started to search for another game to play. Which I did, but I digress. Plains are still boringly flat - well "plain" fits perfectly. 

What the trailer in OP posting implyed was: every open-world has it's own open world space, you can switch to.

If Railjack had been an open world to travel in, well that would have been nice. I still don't get why Railjack MUST use the "Keep loot ONLY on extraction" instead of "finders keepers". "Abort Mission" should be "Return to Dropship", just in case you want to quit playing while being a client and still keep the loot. 

But turns out: Railjack is technically a content island in itself. Helminth did intertwine a bit by using the ressources. Yet, there is no actual need to play it. There is no Umbra Forma anymore.

The OpLink is still waiting for it's intended use. 

If you could have used the Railjack as a Starmap Cursor.. damn, this would have been awesome. Fly to Ceres from Earth, fly beside the sun, reach Ceres, park in a mission marker (where it says what mission that is like on the starmap) and then use one of the Airlocks to drop into the ground missions as usual. If you extract there, you mount the Archwing instead and fly back up to the Railjack. This is creative use of already existing game elements. Intertwine them as far as it can, even if you have to code more then intended.

The time and human work put into Deimos could have been used to "complete" Railjack (which did get an overhaul, granted - and it's announced on DEV stream 151) and work on "A new War" and "Duviri Paradox" announced 2 years ago.

• Like 1

DE dropped the ball big time with the recent updates, Railjack, New War and Liches in particular. But since we have amnesia as a species, people have forgotten about the stuff we were promised a couple of years ago. 

On 2021-01-30 at 3:39 AM, EdinaMonsoon said:

a piece of media having a slightly misleading visual trailer to generate hype? never seen that before! /s

If by "slightly" you mean "completely" then no I disagree because there aren't many examples of that. 

And yes, No mans sky is a pretty good comparison.

• Like 1

people are really acting like DE has some sinister plot to keep players disappointed on purpose for some nefarious reason. Its a f2p game, they dont benefit from lying about content. (unlike CD PROJEKT RED) Things take time, and sometimes things dont turn out as planned. We still get tons of updates and content. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, White_Matter said:

DE dropped the ball big time with the recent updates, Railjack, New War and Liches in particular. But since we have amnesia as a species, people have forgotten about the stuff we were promised a couple of years ago. 

If by "slightly" you mean "completely" then no I disagree because there aren't many examples of that. 

And yes, No mans sky is a pretty good comparison.

NMS is an awful comparison. NMS boasted about staple features all the way to release day which is why they had a huge backlash.

DE has been transparent in comparison about RJ. they didn't just show us the announcement trailer and dip, they showed the evolved state a year down the line and the expansion pretty much has everything they presented minus the pointless transition from open world to space.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

pointless transition from open world to space

What you call pointless others would call the best part. The presentation did make it feel like the game was run more by the advertisement section of DE than anyone else. 

The "pointless" transition would lower people's claims of content islands. Seemlessly going from openworlds to railjack to anything else would've been a great addition in my book, but I get that the tech wasn't there.

10 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

The "pointless" transition would lower people's claims of content islands.

I think you're overestimating the community there.

The transition is literally just something that cuts out a few loading screens. The ship didn't interact with the Vallis in any meaningful way, before or after it took off. All it does is allow you to go directly from one "island" (how I loathe that term...) to another.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The transition is literally just something that cuts out a few loading screens. The ship didn't interact with the Vallis in any meaningful way, before or after it took off. All it does is allow you to go directly from one "island" (how I loathe that term...) to another.

Perhaps, it would definitely be a nice QoL feature, though. It's a pain that you always leave your squad when you leave the Open worlds. RJ at least goes to the Dojo where you can access other missions, unlike open worlds where the only thing you can access is the open world or leave the squad.

10 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

What you call pointless others would call the best part. The presentation did make it feel like the game was run more by the advertisement section of DE than anyone else. 

The "pointless" transition would lower people's claims of content islands. Seemlessly going from openworlds to railjack to anything else would've been a great addition in my book, but I get that the tech wasn't there.

Whilst you're probably not wrong, the fact that it's pointless shows how much of a buzzword the term is, or at least has become.

When anti-content island stuff does get introduced, we get people complaining about it. Like Nightwave (which brings relevance back to old content), or when old grinds get introduced into new content - the latter of which is probably the definition of integrated content.  That the old stuff doesn't get abandoned and your work in one area is relevant in other areas. 

I get that it's in large part due to the community not being a whole, but some days it feels like the whole community is just

Spoiler

Image result for no take only throw

In that one group of players asks for something, and keeps asking, and then when they finally get it suddenly it's the worst thing.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, NoSpax said:

The time and human work put into Deimos could have been used to "complete" Railjack (which did get an overhaul, granted - and it's announced on DEV stream 151) and work on "A new War" and "Duviri Paradox" announced 2 years ago.

Nope, that would not be possible given the things needed for The New War and Duviri. Both requires access to alot of things in their studio, which is closed down and has been since march(?) 2020 due to what is going on in the world. And completing RJ instead of Deimos would be questionable given the intended overhaul and implementation of missions into the system, which likely wasnt a made decision "back then" when they decided to focus on Deimos. So we would have gotten another halfassed RJ update instead of a fairly complete new zone with some new systems etc.

21 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

people are really acting like DE has some sinister plot to keep players disappointed on purpose for some nefarious reason. Its a f2p game, they dont benefit from lying about content. (unlike CD PROJEKT RED) Things take time, and sometimes things dont turn out as planned. We still get tons of updates and content. 

Reminds me of Jim Sterling:

"Depending on who you ask, Warframe is a either an incredibly generous game and Digital Extremes is one of the last few good guys in the gaming industry or Warframe is a cynical cash grab and Digital Extremes are soulless heartless monsters."

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

Dude, just call Warframe an Archipelago.

And on that note, I like the seemless transactions from loading screens, its one of the reasons I like Railjack and dislike the diorama as mission end screen. So even if there is no interaction aside from what was shown, I would consider it better than going to the Menu and returning to the Orbiter. 

16 hours ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

NMS is an awful comparison. NMS boasted about staple features all the way to release day which is why they had a huge backlash.

DE has been transparent in comparison about RJ. they didn't just show us the announcement trailer and dip, they showed the evolved state a year down the line and the expansion pretty much has everything they presented minus the pointless transition from open world to space.

The trailer you defended is competely different from what we got as the end result. 

Also the transition from open world to space is not pointless as it implies that Railjack missions and open world missions were interconnected, meaning we wouldn't get another content island to be consumed and forgotten within two weeks.

So yes, NMS might bea more extreme version of this, but is a good comparison nontheless. Same goes for New War questline(which hasn't been updaded for the last 2-3 years aside from little sniplets of cinematic minigames), and the implementation of Liches which DE also dropped the ball on.