Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No reworking Octavia with her prime? :(

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I had hopes, but i should've expected nothing more than just a typical prime release routine, it's the DE way.

Look at her, you're only spamming crouch, you don't interact with enemies at all because you don't need to.

And you can only listen to ONE song on loop

How's that not a good reason to change her?

I want to love Octavia because i really like Music/bard type classes in other games, but she's so boring and tedious!

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

They didn't bother with Inaros which is in need of change more than her so I doubt they'll change anything.

I'm not saying it's a staple rule that whenever a prime releases they should be packing a few changes to their abilities.

But i thought now that the spotlight on Octavia, they might see her tedious playstyle.

Why do we even hope for anything in this game?!

1 minute ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

1. I like Octavia as is.
2. Never hope for anything with this game.

Just because you like octavia's current kit doesn't mean she doesn't have problems with other players

I can assume you like Octavia as is because she deals scaling damage and stays invis 100% of the time.

Maybe you find it ok that you listen to the same thing over and over and have no options but to shut the music down.

There are so many reasons to complain about her, i don't know why you can't find them.

What would she need reworked?
She's pretty powerful, all her powers are pretty good and they all synergise quite well...
The only thing I would have liked is a Prime Mandachord, with double the segments for your tunes.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

There are so many reasons to complain about her, i don't know why you can't find them.

Dude...
You're the one making the suggestion and claim... You're the one who needs to make the points...
Saying: "I have issues with X, go and find them" is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

What would she need reworked?

I don't know, maybe something to do while you wait for your abilities to do your job for you?

Or an easier more forgiving metronome movement detection so you can benefit from the other buffs as well instead of spamming crouch

She lacks interactivity basically is what i'm saying 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Just because you like octavia's current kit doesn't mean she doesn't have problems with other players

I can assume you like Octavia as is because she deals scaling damage and stays invis 100% of the time.

Maybe you find it ok that you listen to the same thing over and over and have no options but to shut the music down.

hahahahahahahahaha. No, I like her as is because she can play music, do damage and I can run around killing enemies at the same time. Nice attempt though.

I don't play her as a stationary frame most of the time (keep this in mind). I run around with her. I shoot my guns, slice and dice with my melee.

The only time where I play her as a stationary is when my hands and arms are in severe pain (severe to the point that the pain shoots into my neck) and at this point Octavia becomes one of the few frames I can still play that allows me to reduce how much of a strain I put on myself. Khora is another frame that allows me to do this.

I don't get offended or upset with how people use frames, even frames people really dislike like Inaros and Saryn Prime. Just how I am.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

1 minute ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

hahahahahahahahaha. No, I like her as is because she can play music, do damage and I can run around killing enemies at the same time. Nice attempt though.

I don't play her as a stationary frame most of the time (keep this in mind). I run around with her. I shoot my guns, slice and dice with my melee.

The only time where I play her as a stationary is when my hands and arms are in severe pain (severe to the point that the pain shoots into my neck) and at this point Octavia becomes one of the few frames I can still play that allows me to reduce how much of a strain I put on myself. Khora is another frame that allows me to do this.

I don't get offended or upset with how people use frames, even frames people really dislike like Inaros and Saryn Prime. Just how I am.

Oh, and I don't really use her invisibility all that much.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I did, read the OP and read last post.

I did, sure the Mandachord could get some changes, but otherwise you're talking playstyle...
You don't NEED to spam crouch... And having to do it like, once every 50s is far from spam, you're suggesting change because of the way you choose to play her...

4 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I did, sure the Mandachord could get some changes, but otherwise you're talking playstyle...
You don't NEED to spam crouch... And having to do it like, once every 50s is far from spam, you're suggesting change because of the way you choose to play her...

Honestly if the mandachord alone got some changes then i'd be ok

All i wanted was to play my own music like with a shawzin.

And then that music fuels the rest of her normal abilities 

I think we have far too many frames now. Used to be DE did a few qol tweaks before releasing most primes. 

I don't think they have the time anymore. 

As the amount of frames keep rising, I think we have to accept their ability to focus on particular frames is going to increasingly diminish. 

It's a tradeoff. Time is finite. 

Just now, Joezone619 said:

DE "tHeY hAvE hElMiNtH nOw ThEy'Re FiNe"

I mean, as much as DE tried to deny it, I feel like the Helminth was partly to decrease the amount of time they need to spend worrying about old frames. 

They boxed themselves into a corner by not only releasing well over 40 frames now (is it closer to 50 at this point? I lost track...) and now they are stuck. How are they ever supposed to find the time to audit and rework as necessary that many frames? 

Balancing and reworks was a nightmare as is.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I mean, as much as DE tried to deny it, I feel like the Helminth was partly to decrease the amount of time they need to spend worrying about old frames. 

They boxed themselves into a corner by not only releasing well over 40 frames now (is it closer to 50 at this point? I lost track...) and now they are stuck. How are they ever supposed to find the time to audit and rework as necessary that many frames? 

Add Helminth ability swapping and we get this where Homer's brain represents frame reworks, balancing etc.:

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I don't know, maybe something to do while you wait for your abilities to do your job for you?

Or an easier more forgiving metronome movement detection so you can benefit from the other buffs as well instead of spamming crouch

She lacks interactivity basically is what i'm saying 

I didn't realize that you couldn't use weapons or do anything else while playing octavia /s

39 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Oh, and I don't really use her invisibility all that much.

Do you know how to use the multi-quote and edit features? 

Just now, TheGuyver said:

I didn't realize that you couldn't use weapons or do anything else while playing octavia /s

Do you know how to use the multi-quote and edit features? 

I know edit. I don't know how to add a quote to a comment I am editing. Tried to do so and the quote went into a separate comment box, not the one I was editing.

Octavia is played often enough for the lack of a rework to be justified. Inaros, is also frequently played, so it also made sense he didn't. If anything, the fact someone like Atlas got pretty much nothing is more of an issue. Wukong got his rework and went from being no where to being everywhere. Given Octavia is played pretty often compared to most options, there's little to gain.

It's also not like reworking her automatically makes her more enjoyable for you specifically, at this point, they could rework her, and you would just whine how they made her worse, while annoying the people that liked her the way she was.

There's plenty of other options, so play them instead.

Archived