No reworking Octavia with her prime? :(

Just now, Yamazuki said:

Octavia is played often enough for the lack of a rework to be justified. Inaros, is also frequently played, so it also made sense he didn't. If anything, the fact someone like Atlas got pretty much nothing is more of an issue. Wukong got his rework and went from being no where to being everywhere. Given Octavia is played pretty often compared to most options, there's little to gain.

It's also not like reworking her automatically makes her more enjoyable for you specifically, at this point, they could rework her, and you would just whine how they made her worse, while annoying the people that liked her the way she was.

There's plenty of other options, so play them instead.

I wouldnt say atlas is bad. He has some great augments who make him really strong

I forget who said it, but the best description I've read for Octavia's kit is "Active Waiting". 

This also happens to be a pretty accurate description of what it's like to be a DJ, or a musician in general.

You either have the aptitude for it or you don't.  Your play style is either to make your own fun while you're waiting, or it isn't.  At this point there are plenty of other 4's you can press.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I had hopes, but i should've expected nothing more than just a typical prime release routine, it's the DE way.

Look at her, you're only spamming crouch, you don't interact with enemies at all because you don't need to.

And you can only listen to ONE song on loop

How's that not a good reason to change her?

I want to love Octavia because i really like Music/bard type classes in other games, but she's so boring and tedious!

Full Octave on manachord, double its length.

Her kit actually works very well as is and frankly these forums would probably burn to the ground if she was changes.

Personally, I dont like spamming crouch all day when I play her, thankfully I can helminth Ivara's quiver and gain invisibility that way instead when I want it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TTraw said:

I just read multiple posts saying that Octavia is fine and not a kit design failure that afks your way to extraction point.

So this is why reddit people told me to avoid forums....

Oh yes, reddit...the bastion of cogent thought. That website that only banned an underage girl subreddit until the mainstream media got involved, banned a "joke" subreddit that was nothing but racist and handicap jokes, and is currently flooded with terrible troll bots. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TTraw said:

I just read multiple posts saying that Octavia is fine and not a kit design failure that afks your way to extraction point.

So this is why reddit people told me to avoid forums....

If players want to play her like that then that's on them. I don't play her like that. Not everyone does.

• Like 1

Why would they.

Two things to note.

One, what is said in the forum doesn't account for the entire player behavior (sometimes it doesn't even account for those on the forum), therefore DE take their info from the stats they've gathered and when nothing is wrong there (E.G. Inaros) the item in question remains untouched.

Second, everyone are on the "Octavia, one of the strongest frames" train. Anyone from the devs notices that, they feel it's a job well done, they move on.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Basically the entire community is lazy and won't try to try

Dude, people are allowed to disagree with you. Let’s just argue our points instead of trying to cut each other down, howboutit?

No one has “shut you down”, people are just telling you why they disagree with you, and you’re getting defensive.

Edited by (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 5
58 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Dude, people are allowed to disagree with you. Let’s just argue our points instead of trying to cut each other down, howboutit?

No one has “shut you down”, people are just telling you why they disagree with you, and you’re getting defensive.

It's not about getting defensive bro, there isn't really an argument here.

Octavia is a Boring Annoying Afk Warframe, people just choose to deny that because they don't want DE to nerf her, not knowing that DE themselves know how dumb Octavia is and they said before that they're not happy with how she turned out.

I get answers like "there are a lot of other Warframes play those instead"

Which isn't really a solution or an answer it's an escape.

You can't really Deny Octavia's poor state

• Like 1

It's not about getting defensive bro, there isn't really an argument here.

Octavia is a Boring Annoying Afk Warframe, people just choose to deny that because they don't want DE to nerf her, not knowing that DE themselves know how dumb Octavia is and they said before that they're not happy with how she turned out.

You don’t seem to understand the difference between facts and opinions. This is your opinion. Personally I also find Octavia boring to play, but I have a buddy who loves her as is. Different strokes for different folks.

You can't really Deny Octavia's poor state

Except you can. We literally just got Warframe usage stats and Octavia wasn’t even close to the bottom. So it would seem a lot of people enjoy her the way she is. Get over yourself and respect the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you all the time.

• Like 8

I was hoping for some mandachord expansion too. Pentatonic is too limiting, and only four tacts with four beats in each are too little too. While my current song on her is ok because it was specifically created using her, I'd like to slap more cool tunes there. And Buff00n work will be too)

I also like her prime because it's "base octavia with gold". For me basic Octavia is good enough, so seasierhe can look cool with those small improvements that they implemented.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Get over yourself and respect the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you all the time.

Man, i am not waiting for people to agree with me, look at this thread, almost 90% of people here disagree and don't want her reworked or changed.

But almost all of them don't want her changed for the same reason, she can do huge unlimited damage for little to no effort.

hell, i don't even want a full reimagined kit anymore, i just wanted to play my own music while in missions, so that at least my DPS is directly influenced by me

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

But almost all of them don't want her changed for the same reason, she can do huge unlimited damage for little to no effort.

Octavia's damage is dependent on enemy action, so it has practical limitations most of the time.  Go run a pub with a Nova, a Vauban, and a Limbo and see what kind of damage Octavia does.  Heck, run a pub with another Octavia and fight each other for damage.

Mallet isn't reliable unless you're either soloing certain mission types, or have the presence of mind to find a good spot for it that's very far away from your squad.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i just wanted to play my own music while in missions, so that at least my DPS is directly influenced by me

If other players can hear your Octavia's music then you have to accept some limitations, both for legal reasons and sanity reasons. 

If you can play anything you want without limitations, then so can other players.  You may think you've run into ear-bleed Octavias, but it could have been so much worse.

As it is, I'm not thinking about fighting for damage if there's a second Octavia in the squad.  I'm more into the joint jam session possibilities.  It works more often than not, because of the limitations. 

I may not be able to do Beethoven or Slipknot, but there's still plenty I can do with four measures and five notes.  It's more than we had any reason to expect from a tiny part of a video game about space ninjas.

Nobody's saying she's perfect.  I was hoping for some changes, too.

• I wish using Conductor didn't prevent Resonator from picking up a new Mallet. 
  • I wish there was a way to bestow Metronome buffs on your squad yourself. (Maybe a Metronome augment?)  
  • I wish there was a way to share Mandachord songs externally like you can with Shawzin song codes. 
  • I wish you could control the song when you Helminth Resonator onto another frame.
  • I wish she had some more freaking Tennogen.
  • I want Tennogen for instrument sets.
  • I'd pay real plat for a gear item that lets you switch songs in mission. 
  • There are still song desync issues when you're not the host.
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Man, i am not waiting for people to agree with me, look at this thread, almost 90% of people here disagree and don't want her reworked or changed.

hell, i don't even want a full reimagined kit anymore, i just wanted to play my own music while in missions, so that at least my DPS is directly influenced by me

Sometimes, what you as an individual wants, doesn't matter. 

There's literally not enough time in the day to rework every frame just because some random person is bored and wants to nitpick something for their own personal entertainment on a whim.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Sometimes, what you as an individual wants, doesn't matter.

This kinda means that Yours doesn't too. Right?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

There's literally not enough time in the day to rework every frame just because some random person is bored and wants to nitpick something for their own personal entertainment on a whim.

Yeah, if you want to shut people's Opinions down, just call them bored and whiny, that'll help.

Thank you for that.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I had hopes, but i should've expected nothing more than just a typical prime release routine, it's the DE way.

Look at her, you're only spamming crouch, you don't interact with enemies at all because you don't need to.

And you can only listen to ONE song on loop

How's that not a good reason to change her?

I want to love Octavia because i really like Music/bard type classes in other games, but she's so boring and tedious!

I was playing around with the manachord today, it’s shocking, impossible to make anything resembling music. There isn’t even any break beats. 

2 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Octavia's damage is dependent on enemy action, so it has practical limitations most of the time.  Go run a pub with a Nova, a Vauban, and a Limbo and see what kind of damage Octavia does.  Heck, run a pub with another Octavia and fight each other for damage.

Mallet isn't reliable unless you're either soloing certain mission types, or have the presence of mind to find a good spot for it that's very far away from your squad.

If other players can hear your Octavia's music then you have to accept some limitations, both for legal reasons and sanity reasons. 

If you can play anything you want without limitations, then so can other players.  You may think you've run into ear-bleed Octavias, but it could have been so much worse.

As it is, I'm not thinking about fighting for damage if there's a second Octavia in the squad.  I'm more into the joint jam session possibilities.  It works more often than not, because of the limitations. 

I may not be able to do Beethoven or Slipknot, but there's still plenty I can do with four measures and five notes.  It's more than we had any reason to expect from a tiny part of a video game about space ninjas.

Nobody's saying she's perfect.  I was hoping for some changes, too.

• I wish using Conductor didn't prevent Resonator from picking up a new Mallet. 
  • I wish there was a way to bestow Metronome buffs on your squad yourself. (Maybe a Metronome augment?)  
  • I wish there was a way to share Mandachord songs externally like you can with Shawzin song codes. 
  • I wish you could control the song when you Helminth Resonator onto another frame.
  • I wish she had some more freaking Tennogen.
  • I want Tennogen for instrument sets.
  • I'd pay real plat for a gear item that lets you switch songs in mission. 
  • There are still song desync issues when you're not the host.

I would rather have two decent songs clashing than listening to the same out of tune song every time in a different arrangement. 

30 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

it’s shocking, impossible to make anything resembling music

29 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

I would rather have two decent songs clashing

That's... man.  I don't have a reaction gif strong enough for how much I disagree with you, and I have metric crap ton of reaction gifs.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

break beats

I think your limitation may be your definition of what a "decent song" is, but I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is if you want to drop me a request or two.

Edited by Buff00n
I can typing
  • Like 3

Octavia isnt exactly the posterchild for "need rework" adds. She's strong, she works, she can be played in different ways and she has a gimmick customization bonus in her music. The only thing a rework could possibly do is make her worse. Granted, I would love to see changes to her music for it to sound better and be less reliant on skill use.

Helminth kinda gave her what she needed, options to complete different playstyles. She works wonderful as an active frame when you replace her roller, letting you set up good kill zones easily while still having 4 useful non-rng dependent skills.