Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No reworking Octavia with her prime? :(

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

One think that I really DON'T like on Octavia is the white visual feedback on the crouching. That thing can get pretty annoying quickly and we can't even change the color.

Wish feedback was different though, maybe something on the UI close to the crosshair?

I also agree with OP that she isn't interactive. It consists of press 3, spam crouch because her constant waves is easier and best, press 1, maybe press 2, and sometimes press 4. Her skills effects are also not that well communicated and too tied to her 3 in rather stiff manner. The symbols need labels, so we know what the #*!% each one is easily, and a slight visual effect would be nice even on allies.

Conductor (2) augment should be core, this kind of basic functionality has no business takin a mod slot.

Her 1 is really powerful, but it also could use more versatility. like for example, now it can be throw on any surface, if it hits a wall,the it sticks to it as a bubble and 50% of radius that it loses on the other side is added to the active side. if hits the floor, same thing. Perhaps there could be 3 of it active at one time, each corresponding to the mandachord and its damage controls how loud each part of it is etc etc.

Her 2, how about alternative skins? her prime could have a cool floating thing instead, make it ridable even hah.

Her 3 could have much softer effects and a more specialized UI instead, players in range of the effect also get it, a colorful tool to track effects and better show the rewards and effects without cluttering the screen as much.

Her 4 on the other hand could use more pronounced effects and actives, how about it reacting to melee slams? extending melee attacks with a wave? giving a trace effect to guns that lasts a little bit and damage enemies that are hit or pass through.

Octavia's main theme being about not just about music, a musician, maybe even extend it to other forms like light and dances etc.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Except you can. We literally just got Warframe usage stats and Octavia wasn’t even close to the bottom. So it would seem a lot of people enjoy her the way she is. Get over yourself and respect the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you all the time.

People might use things that are just good but they might not enjoy it that much. Do you think I enjoyed Mesa when I was doing Cetus' bounties? No. She was just (one of) the best frame for that job.

I wonder if there is a pool:

A) Like/love frame (whenever frame is strong or not).

B) hate or don't like her but you can do X with her so I will use her.

When she were introduced I haven't liked her. As someone mentioned, repeating one song is not nice for some of us. Maybe I'll try her again and see some fun with her (I haven't used Hydroid for a long time because I've found it boring. With helminth I've tried Tempest barrage and I find it nice. ).

21 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Just because you like octavia's current kit doesn't mean she doesn't have problems with other players

Just because you don’t like Octavia’s kit doesn’t mean she isn’t fine with other players :)

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

This kinda means that Yours doesn't too. Right?

Yeah, if you want to shut people's Opinions down, just call them bored and whiny, that'll help.

Thank you for that.

Of course, but I'm not asking for any changes to Octavia, nor were there even any indications that one was happening. Through seeing a collection of various complaints you can get an idea of some of the things people might want as a collective.

For example, there have multiple threads in the past and recently about how much people hate the marking mechanic of Ash's 4....

There were always comments about Chromas 1.

I see a lot of comments about Frost, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do something with him. 

I rarely see comments about Octavia, at least not as much as other frames that people as a collective feel need corrections.

If all you do is crouch thats on you. I am actively playing when i use her. I don't see a need for a massive rework.

As for the design and accessories meh.  Her deluxe skin with the diva tennogen helm looks cooler.  And shawzins stink. The syandanas good but would rather see a literal base cannon and more musical notes.

She just needs QOL changes and the only things I want Octavia to get is;

·       When activating the abilities, you will still be able to hear the music no matter the distance of the 1st and 2nd ability and it will stay at the same volume.

3rd ability:

·       When you miss a beat the percentage doesn`t go down but instead stays at the current percentage you’re at. (This means you can create the music you want instead of making a flat note for convenience)

·       You only need to perform the actions three time to the beat in sync before you get the buff.

Even with theses QOL changes it won`t change how much I will use her, I`m not keen on stationary abilities, most of her abilities are cast and forget and she`s boring however she`s good and (somewhat) fun in stationary missions and md.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

If all you do is croych thats on you. I am actively playing ehen i use her. I don't see a need for a massive rework.

As for the design and accessories meh.  Her deluxe skin with the diva tennogen helm looks cooler.  And shawzins stink. The syandanas good but would rather see a liter base cannon and more musical notes.

Yea people love to use this excuse that all you can do is crouch when her 4 is you know....only a massive weapon buff....she's great for gunplay.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Just because you like octavia's current kit doesn't mean she doesn't have problems with other players

I can assume you like Octavia as is because she deals scaling damage and stays invis 100% of the time.

Maybe you find it ok that you listen to the same thing over and over and have no options but to shut the music down.

There are so many reasons to complain about her, i don't know why you can't find them.

The opposite works here too.

Octavia has great crowd control, aggro control, team support, damage reduction via invisibility, scaling damage and a full mini music game that you can use to create countless soundtracks...or mute. 

All of those abilities synergizing well with an entire squad is definitely a reason I 1000% would not change her. Change for the sake of change is not always great. Other warframes exist for that anyway.

I tried thinking of something to change for the heck of it.

Turn her Rollerball into a pet like Venari, combine a mobile amp into it. Press again to revive destroyed Rollerball.

Give her an exalted Electric Shawzin that fires off sound waves based on your mandachord song and equipped Shawzin type as you play it. Pitch changes based on firing angle, damage multiplier based on how high the pitch is.

Edit: oh, and time the firing of the shawzin with her three for even more boosts.

I know, dumb idea.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

Ha ha all this DENIAL. I go into a mission with a Music frame and I hear Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee because her abilty scales on how spammy the notes are. 

Noise is sound and can be music, but this isn't music, it's an abortion. 

Turn off or down Ally Mandachord, simple solved. Mines old it plays 'Another One Bites the Dust' but  with extras. :)

Yeah I have heard some shockers, glad for the above option.

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

Turn off or down Ally Mandachord, simple solved. Mines old it plays 'Another One Bites the Dust' but  with extras. :)

Yeah I have heard some shockers, glad for the above option.

The ol Ignore It and it'll go away. Worked for the gangrene in my big toe and all those awful bills that kept appearing in the mail. 

But seriously she's one of the few remaining AFK frames which is why we're all hush hush. I thought the MR30 test was awful till I brought in Miss kills things when the moment they spawn. Because what we need is MORE Sanctuary Onslaught type game modes right? Where only 2 frames are even viable? 

Meanwhile I'm over here trying to figure out how the #*!% Grendel even #*!%ing works when none of his abilities work unless he has some living enemies. And he's still S#&$. 

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

Turn off or down Ally Mandachord, simple solved.

If the solution to the MUSIC frame's annoyance is to NOT hear her music then there's something seriously wrong with her, design wise.

Listen, i get it, all of you guys just don't want her nerfed.

You don't care about style or interactivity you just want something that works.

I get that.

But i don't care about something that works in a video game if it's freaking annoying and boring to death

Just now, Slayer-. said:

Music is fine if players don't alter it too much, though I'm glad for the turn off or turn down Ally Mandachord, I can't stand the youth of today's music, some of the shared songs in region chat are hmm yeah. :(

Even if I liked the music options, I would still keep it muted anyways. I mute music in all games and listen to my own.

Octavia's music creation aspect is just an optional side activity in my opinion.

Imagine watching someone play Guitar Hero on Expert and all they're doing is wacking the wammy bar with their $&*^ and getting a perfect score. 

I mean yeah, the spirit is there. I love my channel abilities. I miss World on Fire and thought it should have been tuned into a killer close range ability but DE was liek SPACE LAZER BEAMS that week so her an Vauban were getting up to things. 

But here's Octavia gameplay: Cast 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. Crouch, repeat. I'm using her entire kit, sure but in the most binary and soulless manner possible. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Tactless_Ninja said:

But here's Octavia gameplay: Cast 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. Crouch, repeat. I'm using her entire kit, sure but in the most binary and soulless manner possible. 

I should've said these exact words a lot sooner and before people basically shower me with very basic reasons on why octavia is actually "fun" 

Le 30/01/2021 à 07:19, Buff00n a dit :

I forget who said it, but the best description I've read for Octavia's kit is "Active Waiting". 

This also happens to be a pretty accurate description of what it's like to be a DJ, or a musician in general.

DJ : yes, very much so

Musician : please, I mean come on man, please... no musician worthy of such a title does "active waiting", more like "active doing"

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

DJ : yes, very much so

Musician : please, I mean come on man, please... no musician worthy of such a title does "active waiting", more like "active doing"

Try playing in the brass section of an orchestra.  With the exception of Touhou OSTs, all music has rests.

Even down to a per note basis, music is about waiting for the right time to do something and then doing it.  Then repeat, repeat, repeat.  Even a DJ is actively doing stuff during a live performance.

Archived