Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petali - Heavy Blade

blazingcobalt

I haven't made a forum post here in a while so I thought I would share my latest creation

The Petali

JC1PZKg.png

Some of you may have already seen it on the workshop but I'll post every WIP screenshot I took of the process down below.

Concept art

fkf8kxq.png

uct94bE.png

HdPJ5NE.png

b2VGmiE.png

Final high polys

pPqBwb9.png

gEltUeA.png

First texture test! Came out super promising on the first go

qJ7Ip68.png

Adding some dirt and more stuff to it

40XQRAb.png

Colors!

sqmeUMJ.png

It can't wait for feedback from DE to beef this sucker up. Also shout out to Reb who named it for me!

22 hours ago, Pavelord said:

i really like it, i´m not much of a fan of the other giants swords models on tennogen they look more like monster hunter-like, this seems like a slim elegant fit for the tenno.

thanks!

i looked a lot at the concept art that kaz did for the parazon to try and get the same kind of shapes out of it. i'm glad it reads as tenno.

True to the Zweihander, i presume you based it on that. You incorporated the Lotus symbol well enough, for my tastes. Little subtle, but surely noticable. This one looks actually something you could wield and use efficiently. Like, it is noticable it has greater mass than a regular sword, but the Tenno should have inhuman strength... it fits nicely.

Altough the pommel looks a tad bit small, again for my tastes. All in all, a very promising concept, i am not a huge fan of Tennogen, but you got me hooked. You don't have to consider the following link, but i believe it may help, if not for this then the next sword you intend to make: LINK

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-01-29 at 9:40 PM, blazingcobalt said:

I haven't made a forum post here in a while so I thought I would share my latest creation

The Petali

JC1PZKg.png

Some of you may have already seen it on the workshop but I'll post every WIP screenshot I took of the process down below.

Concept art

fkf8kxq.png

uct94bE.png

HdPJ5NE.png

b2VGmiE.png

Final high polys

pPqBwb9.png

gEltUeA.png

First texture test! Came out super promising on the first go

qJ7Ip68.png

Adding some dirt and more stuff to it

40XQRAb.png

Colors!

sqmeUMJ.png

It can't wait for feedback from DE to beef this sucker up. Also shout out to Reb who named it for me!

Modeled after the Zwiehander and Claymore, eh?

I really like the details above the Secondary grip on the Secondary Cross-guard.

My advice is to carry more of these sharp, detailed elements and fluidity onto the main Crossguard above the Primary Grip as it seems interrupt the flow of the swords artistry for me.

Obviously this is an aesthetic choice over function, but if the flow was slightly more continuous from Pommel to tip it would be super badass.

DE just needs a stance for these sword types now 😁.

• 10 months later...

Archived