Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack (the spaceflight portion) cannot be a fun gamemode until Tether/Munition Vortex/Void Hole gets nerfed, Hard.

Bakaguya-sama

I agree with you that these avionics need a MASSIVE nerf, but I think the way to do it (at least for tether) is just to reduce the damage it deals, by a lot. It's a CC ability, it shouldn't be able to kill everything really. Someone already suggested halving the damage, I'd argue you'd need to cut it by at least 75%. Maybe give some incentive to use other abilities like the particle ram again.

Im just going to add this point. You must preserve a point where you can freely explore space to find the hidden treasures. If you dont have that you lose the exploration leg of the area, oh nevermind some of these itmes are best left to how and what our Hired Lich crews will be capable of or how they will play a role

I think voidhole is fine, and actually is the least powerful of the 3 in highest level veil missions.

Tether sounds like it was supposed to be a CC/grouping ability, but then got turned into a tactical nuke.

Munitions vortex is just weird.

They’re all fking weird though. The one dedicated CC cost the most flux.

nobody bothers shooting because projectiles are too slow and fighters are too fast, and yet there’s no avionic equivalent of the amesha’s warding grace. Just grouping abilities and tactical nukes.

I mean sure you could say that these abilities.. “need nerfing”, or you could alternatively look at them and ask the question “why are they here, and are they even what we need?”

Because I would argue that not even DE has answered this. If they actually played the game without their devhacks accounts I think they’d have a much better idea because they could reflect on how they themselves play railjack, and stop it with the theory tweaks

2 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

nobody bothers shooting because projectiles are too slow and fighters are too fast, 

I agree with this. It goes both ways. Nuke avionics are too strong. Guns are too ... weak. ... I wouldn't say weak because they can do a lot of damage if they hit, but they are very clumsy to use with their slow projectile/small range, vs how agile enemy fighters are.  

There's this really good Avionics https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Turret_Velocity that increase range and projectile speed for turrets, which make shooting much more convenient. I think that avionic should be baseline all all railjack.   

Unfortunately, once again its worth repeating that's turrets are basically useless given how strong Tether is, beyond being used to trigger Tether. 

2 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

I agree with this. It goes both ways. Nuke avionics are too strong. Guns are too ... weak. ... I wouldn't say weak because they can do a lot of damage if they hit, but they are very clumsy to use with their slow projectile/small range, vs how agile enemy fighters are.  

There's this really good Avionics https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Turret_Velocity that increase range and projectile speed for turrets, which make shooting much more convenient. I think that avionic should be baseline all all railjack.   

Unfortunately, once again its worth repeating that's turrets are basically useless given how strong Tether is, beyond being used to trigger Tether. 

I agree and primarily why I always use photors while piloting. I’m not willing to give up speed and other key avionics just to fix some shítty guns to do their jobs semi-adequately.

So I say don’t nerf anything until the alternatives (side guns) are a compelling and FUN alternative.

Otherwise I just won’t RJ at all.. *shrug*

Imaging current RJ with neutered battle avionics.. looooooool

On 2021-01-29 at 8:12 PM, Bakaguya-sama said:

Right now Railjack gameplay is dull to the extreme. The pilot, or rather, Tether do 90% of the work. Launch Tether, tap it once. Boom, whole wave of fighter gone. Rinse and repeat. No actual shooting, no dogfight. Just AoE insta nuke over and over again. 2 minutes then all the fighters gone.

Hopefully you never play Saryn, cuz you just described entering a mission with someone playing her. I just leave missions when they start with a Saryn in group. Why dont you just leave missions if the Railjack is too powerful?

I really, lmao, really hope you dont have Tether or Void Hole installed on your own RJ....
It would be really funny if you DID and turned out to be one of those people that argues on one hand that OF COURSE you have them installed because they are optimal and on the other hand demand nerfs because they are too strong.

Perhaps I should demand that Saryn be nerfed to dirt because 99% of the time, I find grouping with one is NOT FUN!

OR

I could chose what and who i play with so that the perceived difficulty is what I find appropriate for ME and let other people enjoy what is appropriate for THEM.

just a thought.

The RJ game needs to change before the prophecied nerfs can bring balance to the force. Otherwise fear of "artificial difficulty" will lead to anger, anger will lead to hate, hate will lead to the dark side. StarWars jokes aside. There are some problems that need to be addressed:

• Tether + Void Hole or you're doing it wrong.
  • Particle Ram or you're farming resources wrong.
  • Amesha archwings or you're doing it wrong.

I really like the "Ninja Space-Pirate Robots in-Space" theme. I look forward to seeing changes in the future.

1 hour ago, Rovaeden said:

It would be really funny if you DID and turned out to be one of those people that argues on one hand that OF COURSE you have them installed because they are optimal and on the other hand demand nerfs because they are too strong.

Why is this wrong? Of course you have them installed, they're optimal. No duh. On the other hand, they are too strong, and need nerfs. No duh. You're making an argument out of nothing here. These avionics are so strong that even the people who hate them will use them. If that isn't grounds for a nerf, I don't know what is.

6 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Why is this wrong? Of course you have them installed, they're optimal. No duh. On the other hand, they are too strong, and need nerfs. No duh. You're making an argument out of nothing here. These avionics are so strong that even the people who hate them will use them. If that isn't grounds for a nerf, I don't know what is.

Really? You serious?
Who has the ability to uninstall the avionics in question?
Does DE have a gun to your head saying you have to use them?

YOU chose to install them. You can also CHOSE to not use them in order to experience the CHALLENGE you so desire.

How is this concept so difficult for people?
LMAO

1 minute ago, Rovaeden said:

Really? You serious?
Who has the ability to uninstall the avionics in question?
Does DE have a gun to your head saying you have to use them?

YOU chose to install them. You can also CHOSE to not use them in order to experience the CHALLENGE you so desire.

How is this concept so difficult for people?
LMAO

"Want this race against some 10-year olds to be challenging? Just cut your legs off lol!"

^Same argument.

The problem with Tether is that it removes everything Railjack from playing Railjack. I have an avionic that I can spam that instakills anything I can see. Why bother playing? The people who want Tether to remain as it is don't want to play RJ - they want to get the rewards from it without having to play it.

My RJ has Mk3, +60 guns on the sides. I vary them between Carcinox and Apocs for fun. They kill fighters sufficiently fast that people can have fun on the side guns. When I'm piloting, if I get a group expecting a speed-run through GP, then I use Tether, they stay off the side guns, and we get 2 minute runs. Meanwhile, everyone's either getting bored or chatting about the weather.

If, on the other hand, I get a group that wants to fight and fly then they get on the side guns, I lay off the Tether, and we take 5-10 minutes to run the mission. We have a ball the whole time.

On 2021-01-30 at 3:12 AM, Bakaguya-sama said:

I know how this community react veery negatively to the word "Nerf". And I know a lot of people here seems to think "absolute braindead easy" is "fun". "Power Fantasy" and what not. But still, this has to be said.  For the sake of having an viable gamemode.

Right now Railjack gameplay is dull to the extreme. The pilot, or rather, Tether do 90% of the work. Launch Tether, tap it once. Boom, whole wave of fighter gone. Rinse and repeat. No actual shooting, no dogfight. Just AoE insta nuke over and over again. 2 minutes then all the fighters gone. What's left is to drive up to the crewship and the Artillery gunner shoot it. Another guy holed up down at the engineering bay to fill up. And the 4th person... I guess repair the ship? Oh and people yell at you for sitting in the gunner seat and doing things.  The point is, there's not really a lot for 3 people in the railjack to do. Even for the pilot, there's not a lot to do. Tether borderlines play the game for you.  

"Yeah well if you don't like Tether don't use it and play solo" I know some of you are thinking this right this moment. Then Why don't DE just make a button that you can press to instantly kill everything on the map and lead you directly to the Victory screen? Or another button to instantly give you 1 trillion kuva and mr30 and all the gears in the game. If you don't like that button, don't press it. Does that sounds reasonable? Do you want to play that game?

I'm not asking for MLG pro l33t aim or an ultrarealistic space flight simulator . I'm simply asking for a degree of engaging gameplay. You know, a video game, where people do things.  And I do not see any other way out of this situation than to nerf Tether/ Munition Vortex/ Void Hole.  There's no "Power Fantasy" if the enemy offer 0 resistance and basically gets deleted as soon as they appear. This is not a recipe for a viable game mode in a supposedly Action/Shooter game. In its current form, the spaceflight portion of Railjack is simply not engaging at all.  

I have watched the devstream and I am aware that DE is going to introduce more additional objectives/interactions to Railjack. Making it less of a content island. Which is very nice. BUT, that still doesn't change that the fact that the spaceflight portion of Railjack have basically no gameplay. If the Railjack has no gameplay, why even have it in the game in the first place? To exist as an additional chore to do? A vehicle to move your squad from point A to point B and that's it? (like the "space" portion of Scarlett Spear) 

And no, I do not want to make Railjack extra tedious either. I played Railjack back in release when Void Hole and Munition Vortex costed 300 plat as opposed to being giving away like free candy. I understand that it's a giant pain in the butt to chase down and kill 60 something fighters. It cease being fun at that point. So if DE ever nerf these Nuke Avionics, then they should reduce the number of fighters to kill also. Something more reasonable like... 30 to 40 max, not 60-80.  The Gunners can pitch in and help shoot down enemies of course, as opposed to having the slot virtually abandoned.  

Keep in mind that Command Intrinsic is coming so that would give DE an excuse to make Railjack a bit more engaging for all participating players, as they don't have to account for solo players anymore. 

Two possible ways to nerf to these Avionics:  

1. Simplest way is to add cooldown to them. It's obvious that the Flux mechanic is nowhere near enough to regulate the power of these Ablities. They need some kind of cooldown so they cannot be constantly spammed. Maybe that would free up the poor Engineer in the bay from the refilling duty.  

2. Nullifiers bubble. Apply the same solution from base Warframe into Railjack. Have something block Enemy abilities that needed to be destroyed. Or even a Nullifier space base that needs to be boarded and disable. 

DE please give him Steelpath Railjack.

I bet you got your MK3's early on and never went thru the grind and difficulties starting with MK1 pea shooters, otherwise you probably would appreciate the "Power Fantasy" a bit more... you have your OWN Jack... right?

So why don't you build YOUR Jack in a way that it does LESS dmg while beeing more tanky?

And yes thats very reasonable because we all are supposed to be adults who can make their own decisions here (game's rated R / M).

You asking DE to take that choice away sounds kinda lazy?

Anyway then you can have exactly the challenge you think you deserve?

And while your at it, check the differences between a gunship and a fighter cuz that's whats the Jack is, a gunship and in that regard its behaving exactly as it should even with the "OP" tether/voidhole combo...

9 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

I bet you got your MK3's early on and never went thru the grind and difficulties starting with MK1 pea shooters, otherwise you probably would appreciate the "Power Fantasy" a bit more... you have your OWN Jack... right?

Speaking as somebody who had their Railjack on day 4 (it took a while to build back then), there's a difference between "Power Fantasy" and "Faceroll the skip button".

9 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

And while your at it, check the differences between a gunship and a fighter cuz that's whats the Jack is, a gunship and in that regard its behaving exactly as it should even with the "OP" tether/voidhole combo...

To call the Railjack a gunship, it would require something important. Namely, guns. The "I win lol XD" button (Tether, in case you weren't aware) is not a gun, it's a lack of game mechanics. The difference between a ship with Tether and a ship without is the difference between a fun, squad-based space combat game and... a timer for the rewards screen.

I must wonder, do the people who think that Tether is fine the way it is really believe that it is healthy for the game? Or are they just addicted to seeing the rewards screen show up, not caring how it is obtained or whether they deserve it? If you are truly of the first variety, then I ask that you prove me wrong. Bring me an argument better than the "Gun to your head" fallacy. Until then, your words are meaningless and your true intentions obvious, even if you do not realise it yourself.

This is a fair feedback. DE might have increased participation in RJ when they first nerfed enemies and made it super easy with the OP battle avionics but to what end? Boring solo friendly missions that discourage meaningful participation from other players. 

Nerf all by half or increase the swarms of enemies to make it a real co-op mode again.

I barely did pilot my own at release but was able to maxed out my RJ by joining squads, doing AW skirmishes and discovered slingshotting quite engaging. Turret fire had teeth and hazard management meant survival for the RJ back then. NOW, it is capitalized by (insert CC) spamming and FA firing. One formula for all of Proxima sucks, it needs to change.

I'd even go as far as deleting all battle avionics if it means better squad gameplay or crew AI training performance that matters for solo play. Unlikely to happen but hey, anyone can dream.

3 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I must wonder, do the people who think that Tether is fine the way it is really believe that it is healthy for the game? Or are they just addicted to seeing the rewards screen show up, not caring how it is obtained or whether they deserve it? If you are truly of the first variety, then I ask that you prove me wrong. Bring me an argument better than the "Gun to your head" fallacy. Until then, your words are meaningless and your true intentions obvious, even if you do not realise it yourself.

People are afraid of the Tether nerf will kill the Gian Point Affinity loot cave. It is a good alternative to level weapons for those who hate ESO. 

Which is why I would prefer mission variety where killing fighters isn’t necessary to discourage the use of “Nuke Avionics” outside of Gian Point. Gian Point should stay as an affinity lootcave.

On 2021-02-05 at 1:14 AM, LillyRaccune said:

• Amesha archwings or you're doing it wrong.

Kinda crazy how amesha just happened to be the perfect archwing for railjack. All of its abilities being super useful.

4 then take damage until shield gate triggers. And basically the only way to get archwing energy in rj missions

1 to not die then 3 to slow everything down so you can actually hit them. And 2 to envelop your rj from enemy fire

17 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Speaking as somebody who had their Railjack on day 4 (it took a while to build back then), there's a difference between "Power Fantasy" and "Faceroll the skip button".

Then you know the grind and frrustration to go from MK1 to MK3 in between countless game breaking bugs and crashes and having survived that u also should have at least a little bit of appreciation for Tenno like me that see that OP gameplay as reward for the hell we suffered thru to get the Jack and Intrinsics maxxed.

17 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

To call the Railjack a gunship, it would require something important. Namely, guns. The "I win lol XD" button (Tether, in case you weren't aware) is not a gun, it's a lack of game mechanics. The difference between a ship with Tether and a ship without is the difference between a fun, squad-based space combat game and... a timer for the rewards screen

I can understand your point but then again a Gunship is not participating in dogfights 1v1 as the OP suggested, its slower and overwhelms its enemies with its (overpowered) firepower. And see it from this point... when you nerf Tether/Voidhole/Munition Vortex, you will be blown up in pub squads more then anyuthing because the enemies just batter you to death just when you try to organise your squad, escpecially in ruse with anomaly and missle or ship killer station.

Onesidedly nerving the abilities will only hurt the game, gameplay and players.... If the nerf happens it will only work if the rest is "jacked" up imo.

7 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

I can understand your point but then again

There is no "Then again". There are three options: you fully agree with me, you're addicted to the rewards screen, or you are willfully ignorant of the harm that the current state of tether does for Railjack. There is no defense for an ability that turns off the game, and people need to learn that. I will not have DE come in here, look at this thread, and say "Oh, there are people on both sides of this argument, we'll take the easy route and leave it alone", because this will kill Railjack for good.

7 hours ago, Crossfire78 said:

Then you know the grind and frrustration to go from MK1 to MK3 in between countless game breaking bugs and crashes and having survived that u also should have at least a little bit of appreciation for Tenno like me that see that OP gameplay as reward for the hell we suffered thru to get the Jack and Intrinsics maxxed.

I can understand your point but then again a Gunship is not participating in dogfights 1v1 as the OP suggested, its slower and overwhelms its enemies with its (overpowered) firepower. And see it from this point... when you nerf Tether/Voidhole/Munition Vortex, you will be blown up in pub squads more then anyuthing because the enemies just batter you to death just when you try to organise your squad, escpecially in ruse with anomaly and missle or ship killer station.

Onesidedly nerving the abilities will only hurt the game, gameplay and players.... If the nerf happens it will only work if the rest is "jacked" up imo.

"I grinded it out" does not excuse outright game-breaking abilities.

A well-equipped Railjack should be able to take on any mission in Veil Proxima, even without resorting to pressing the "I win" button. If you're being blown apart in pub squads without it, I would suggest that your Railjack is not ready for Veil Proxima. The only people who will have an issue if these abilities are nerfed are the people who never cared about Railjack anyway.

56 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

There is no "Then again"

Ok you don't want other opinions or a discussion at that matter... fine :-)

57 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

If you're being blown apart in pub squads without it, I would suggest that your Railjack is not ready for Veil Proxima.

let me quote myself

57 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

You will be blown up in pub squads more then anyuthing because the enemies just batter you to death just when you try to organise your squad, escpecially in ruse with anomaly and missle or ship killer station.

Good fore you that you always have perfect squadmates who perfectly understand their role :-)

have a nice life

1 minute ago, Crossfire78 said:

Ok you don't want other opinions or a discussion at that matter... fine :-)

I welcome discussion. What you and your ilk have given me is "If you don't like it don't use it" and "Does DE have a gun to your head forcing you to use it?", which are fallacies. I could certainly choose not to play optimally, but that would result in anyone who joins me (and anyone I join, if I'm understanding the mechanics correctly) yelling at me for being inefficient. Tether is literally more than 100% faster than not. It is absurd, game-breaking, and unfun, and I have yet to see any reasonable arguments in its defense.

Please, if there is something I missed that makes it ok for an "I win lol XD LMAO" button to exist, enlighten me. However, I tire of listening to drivel.

5 minutes ago, Crossfire78 said:

Good fore you that you always have perfect squadmates who perfectly understand their role :-)

I could solo any mission in Railjack these days without Battle Avionics. Even if I got actual, literal potatoes for squadmates, I would still clear the mission (though I would have to work for it). The problem lies with you and your build.

The only real issue with soloing a railjack mission is doing the away team stuff while keeping your ship clear of boarders. And that's not something battle avionics can help with. Battle avionics don't even help with crewships. The only thing they help with is fighters, and if you can't clear any map's fighters without battle avionics, you are either severely undergeared or need more practice.

On 2021-01-29 at 10:12 PM, Bakaguya-sama said:

I know how this community react veery negatively to the word "Nerf". And I know a lot of people here seems to think "absolute braindead easy" is "fun". "Power Fantasy" and what not. But still, this has to be said.  For the sake of having an viable gamemode.

Right now Railjack gameplay is dull to the extreme. The pilot, or rather, Tether do 90% of the work. Launch Tether, tap it once. Boom, whole wave of fighter gone. Rinse and repeat. No actual shooting, no dogfight. Just AoE insta nuke over and over again. 2 minutes then all the fighters gone. What's left is to drive up to the crewship and the Artillery gunner shoot it. Another guy holed up down at the engineering bay to fill up. And the 4th person... I guess repair the ship? Oh and people yell at you for sitting in the gunner seat and doing things.  The point is, there's not really a lot for 3 people in the railjack to do. Even for the pilot, there's not a lot to do. Tether borderlines play the game for you.  

"Yeah well if you don't like Tether don't use it and play solo" I know some of you are thinking this right this moment. Then Why don't DE just make a button that you can press to instantly kill everything on the map and lead you directly to the Victory screen? Or another button to instantly give you 1 trillion kuva and mr30 and all the gears in the game. If you don't like that button, don't press it. Does that sounds reasonable? Do you want to play that game?

I'm not asking for MLG pro l33t aim or an ultrarealistic space flight simulator . I'm simply asking for a degree of engaging gameplay. You know, a video game, where people do things.  And I do not see any other way out of this situation than to nerf Tether/ Munition Vortex/ Void Hole.  There's no "Power Fantasy" if the enemy offer 0 resistance and basically gets deleted as soon as they appear. This is not a recipe for a viable game mode in a supposedly Action/Shooter game. In its current form, the spaceflight portion of Railjack is simply not engaging at all.  

I have watched the devstream and I am aware that DE is going to introduce more additional objectives/interactions to Railjack. Making it less of a content island. Which is very nice. BUT, that still doesn't change that the fact that the spaceflight portion of Railjack have basically no gameplay. If the Railjack has no gameplay, why even have it in the game in the first place? To exist as an additional chore to do? A vehicle to move your squad from point A to point B and that's it? (like the "space" portion of Scarlett Spear) 

And no, I do not want to make Railjack extra tedious either. I played Railjack back in release when Void Hole and Munition Vortex costed 300 plat as opposed to being giving away like free candy. I understand that it's a giant pain in the butt to chase down and kill 60 something fighters. It cease being fun at that point. So if DE ever nerf these Nuke Avionics, then they should reduce the number of fighters to kill also. Something more reasonable like... 30 to 40 max, not 60-80.  The Gunners can pitch in and help shoot down enemies of course, as opposed to having the slot virtually abandoned.  

Keep in mind that Command Intrinsic is coming so that would give DE an excuse to make Railjack a bit more engaging for all participating players, as they don't have to account for solo players anymore. 

1. Simplest way is to add cooldown to them. It's obvious that the Flux mechanic is nowhere near enough to regulate the power of these Ablities. They need some kind of cooldown so they cannot be constantly spammed. Maybe that would free up the poor Engineer in the bay from the refilling duty.  

2. Nullifiers bubble. Apply the same solution from base Warframe into Railjack. Have something block Enemy abilities that needed to be destroyed. Or even a Nullifier space base that needs to be boarded and disable. 

Tether wasnt nearly as good on initial release. Railjack used to require a different set of degenerate avionic combos to grind through and, quite frankly, that hasnt changed. Its just easier to abuse.

I dont want to see Tethers damaged be nerfed. I would much rather see it be harder to spam. That being said, i also dont want to have to baby sit pub randos with worse aim than storm troopers. I like having tether for panic moments. rail jack in general has a lot of nukes. I dont really know what would make the space combat better for Railjack, but I know that I would resent a brainless nerf to tether or voidhole over making them better balanced. 

On 2021-01-29 at 7:12 PM, Bakaguya-sama said:

Yes it can.

No, it can't.

It already is.

No it isn't.

Is.

Isn't.

Is. I'm gonna go work on trying to make it even MORE FUN.

No, you can't! Because it's NOT FUN. AND CAN'T BE UNTIL WHAT I SAY HAS TO BE DONE GETS DONE!

(I'm already gone. Have fun. Or ... well, whatever ...)

Archived