Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Kuva Nukor nerf

Ace-Bounty-Hunter

I'm not saying I have a prophetic gift, but I...

...I see something...

...It's getting stronger...

It's April. NO! May. 
The Kuva Nukor is getting a nerf.

I see them coming.

All of them.

They're everywhere!

Posts.

"Absolute disrespect for player investment from DE"

"They should at least give the forma and catalyst back"

"How could I have seen that coming"

"All my hArD wOrK is down the drain, ty DE"

5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Give it a worse ammo economy. Done.

Anyways did De said something about nerfs or is this just the usual "de bad" forum circle jerk?

It's hardly a circlejerk when DE have a poor track record of kneejerk nerfing things that people enjoy using. 

They did it with the Catchmoon, Xoris and Helminth system. We're just waiting for the inevitable.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

You can't really nerf Nukor much without nerfing the entire beam weapon category. I'm not sure if DE understands that though.

I mean, they could just copypaste normal Nukors microwave beam on the kuva variant, keeping the same stats and then call it a day.

Neutering its capability as a weapon of mass genocide, whilst being still a weapon of destruction without touching other beam weapons.

1 minute ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

It's hardly a circlejerk when DE have a poor track record of kneejerk nerfing things that people enjoy using. 

They did it with the Catchmoon, Xoris and Helminth system. We're just waiting for the inevitable.

Oh really. They nerfed the catchmoon?

I didn't notice because the nerf was so small.

And the other two just simply deserved the nerf. You can add any new term for it. De just balanced the game.

I'm not saying they are consistent with their balancing. Since exalted weapons are still meh. But you could see that coming from a mile away.

I think the reason it's not been nerfed already is purely down to method of acquisition and the subsequent forma investment.   

Nukor and bramma are probably the two main weapons keeping liches relevant.

After the catchmoon and bramma nerfs (as well as xoris and m4d), de are probably very keen to avoid another sh!tshow like that. 

However, when queenpins are released there will likely be something in there that can compete with nukor, or even outclass it.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We knew this before the new stats page

idd
Nothing new under the sun.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Tbh I dropped the weapon after using it in steel path and or any longer serious endurance run, especially against grineer. It's not fast enough, we have dozens of weapons especially in melee category that outclass the nukor

You used the nukor for damage? Really? :D
It's the best CO procer in the game, not a damage weapon.That's why it's the most used weapon. :D

As long as they don't touch the status chance or the chaining too much it will not be a nerf.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Tbh I dropped the weapon after using it in steel path and or any longer serious endurance run, especially against grineer. It's not fast enough, we have dozens of weapons especially in melee category that outclass the nukor, should they also be nerfed then? Nukor looks op in low level mission, just as my one shot banshee there. 

But F to everyone still using it 4_13.png

I'm confused. How did you not like the nukor for endurance? You can build for magnetic, viral, heat, radiation and the hidden microwave status. You can stack 10x each status on a group of enemies in like 1 second. That's like 600% melee dmg for condition overload and an additional 325% from viral. There a few other weapons that can do similar things but nukor is kinda go to endurance side arm. 

9 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

idd
Nothing new under the sun.

You used the nukor for damage? Really? :D
It's the best CO procer in the game, not a damage weapon.That's why it's the most used weapon. :D

As long as they don't touch the status chance or the chaining too much it will not be a nerf.

I use it to kill as well, though I much prefer the Kuva Brakk over the Kuva Nukor.

what??? hysteria and panic-mongering ...
Didn't statistics exist in the past? or is it ???
devs always knew that.

and why nerf ??? How about just buff at least 3 senseless weapons from the list? then kuva nukor disappears by itself.

OR! if you turn kuva nukor and catchmoon into a weapon for the garbage can, then there is another "OP" secondary. YES! it's there immediately. because people will just use something else and that will be much better COMPARED to other pointless secondaries! EZ or? and does someone not understand how human assessments work?

ps. stropha makes 400k crits and has no ammo. or even 2m crits with matching arcanes and warframe skill. @lol imba kuva nukor.

I guess the real reason its used is the "chain between multiple enemies" bit (and the whopping 50% status chance). Remove that and its a better Nukor. As a nerf, that doesn't sound so bad.

But as its so overwhelmingly used, there's a problem that has to be fixed.

The Staticor is up there too, because it has an AoE proc effect too.

The reason for a nerf on Kuva Nukor and Ignis Wraith would be?

Impo the overall usage of said weapons should just be a strong indicator for the devs to create other weapons with comparable kill efficiency because kill efficiency is the base of the gameplay.

More kill efficiency = faster gameplay = faster (and more) mission rewards = more plat circulating and finally extracted from the market because of potatoes, cosmetics etc.

And finally: You no longer want to walk when you are used to using a car.

The scary part is that if they do nerf Kuva Nukor it would look like DE are extremely out of loop with their own game. Kuva Nukor is currently one out of very few ranged options that can somewhat compete with melee as a standalone option. And we arent talking about being a rival to the best melee either, just compared to the lower and mid tied options. They also just introduced the Glaive rework, which does what Kuva Nukor does if you want killing power at decent range.

Nerfing Kuva Nukor would make no sense when there are so few useful ranged options out there. It wouldnt result in other ranged option seeing more use, it would just see an increase in melee being used.

The only thing DE can do in order to bring us back inline is to make a sweeping change to melee aswell as the ranged outlier in one go. Nerfing the part of the game that is the weakest and has the least options is not the way to start. It was bad enough when Catchmoon was nerfed due to usage stats. only to keep releasing similar items later down the line and making a rework of a whole system that turns all weapons in that system to items even stronger than Catchmoon.

DE need to come up with an actual item budget for their design so we dont get these knee-jerk nerfs followed by equally strong items shortly after. It is starting to get silly at this point.

Just now, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Eh I'm not impressed. And if they nerf the weapon it's the reduction of chaining range and or how many targets get affected so don't worry about that. 

I had my fun using it, but that only held for a few weeks and now it's collecting dust.. 

I currently love the Cedo :P

I really wanted to like the Cedo but I'm not a fan of alt fire on controllers. Depressing the right stick just feels clunky to fire regularly.

Kuva Ogris on the other hand feels great to use and you can build for mag, blast, viral, heat, electric, impact, puncture and slash. It's an over looked utility primer IMO. 

52 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I'm confused. How did you not like the nukor for endurance? You can build for magnetic, viral, heat, radiation and the hidden microwave status. You can stack 10x each status on a group of enemies in like 1 second. That's like 600% melee dmg for condition overload and an additional 325% from viral. There a few other weapons that can do similar things but nukor is kinda go to endurance side arm. 

Don't recall them Changing the 3 status cap.

I think if they were going for the Kuva Nukor, they would've done it by now. Beam weapons were reworked years ago to be as powerful as they are now, because they used to be absolute trash. now they serve an excellent role as short range, heavy damage dealers. granted, the chaining is a bit outrageous, but DE felt it was needed to make the Kuva variant worth going after. plus you need 5 forma to max the weapon, so it'd feel like quite a slap in the face to some people if they did go ahead and nerf it.

besides, people will just move on to something else. chances are one or two of the Corpus Lich weapons will be added to the meta as well.

Archived