Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Kuva Nukor nerf

Ace-Bounty-Hunter

9 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Never have I laid my eyes upon such a sorry excuse. They can't even fix widely reported bugs within several years. It isn't worth the effort to them is all.

Remember when they made Gas terrible for no reason, and everyone told them that they had made Gas terrible for no reason? It is still terrible.

Remember when they made Cold useless for no reason (it used to prolong other status effects)? Still useless.

Remember when they made Explosive useless for no reason (was CC)? Still useless.

Weird how the only thing that matters in this game is armor and it's 99.99999% damage reduction, and how everyone uses Slash/Viral as a result, and how DE makes enemies immune (or pseudo-immune) to Slash/Viral as a result. Nobody could have predicted this...

So how do you explain to someone that you've been talking to that we will fix your bug, but we also really need to add this new thing or people won't come. And they're like, "Well, stop adding s---. You should fix it." And you're like, "We have to do both."

You have 2 options here:

1) You choose to believe her, as frustrating as that may be.

2) You choose to believe she's a liar, with the truth being that, as you said, they don't think it's worth the effort.

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

But I still think they know and they understand. They just can't properly act on such wide-range revisions and nerfs because they are scared of the backlash. Pablo implied they at times feel hostage to the community so they can't at times act on some things they want to address.

There is nothing new or unexpected in this development.

Back in 2015, when discussion whether WF is a hordeshooter or an action/tactical RPG was a hot topic and the game was in an identity crissis, I made a topic and suggested DE to step up their community work. The game was heading anywhere and nowhere at the same time, WF was aimless. DE had to take a strong position. What happened is the opposite - DevStreams became a biweekly add. The accomulation of "feature turned bug" cases. The game run into different directions and created fractioned communities within one community, because DE tried to please everyone as well as draw in new players with new islands. When the time come to decide in which of the baskets DE should put their eggs, they brought 5 more baskets.

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

That, alongside Pablo's comments and the Xoris situation puts into perspective that DE can at times be scared of the backlash because this community can be very toxic towards the devs. There's also the time Scott called out Brozime on it, making a distinction about the tone of his criticism because of him implying DE actually want for people to be upset and to hate the game.

Those reactions are all according to DE's insecure actions in the past. The fact, that DE stuff were talking to a YTuber in a podcast and not on a DevStream, to the whole WF community speaks volumes. Brozime said what he said, because we were telling DE for years what is comming at them and they did not listen. It was not malice, it was frustration. Scott's accusation only feeds into this insecurity.

I also have to remind all the DEfensers as well as @[DE]ScottPthat forums exist to collect information(feedback) about your game. When we, the players, point out for 7 yeaers there is no build variaty or that Viral is dominating the game, literraly like a virus, we are not some armchair developers who know it better. We are doing what is expected from us - providing feedback.

Way to go for a nerf Nukor thread /s.

13 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I fail to see how throwing such a low bar measurement like sortie 3

Because the same people that argue about needing nerfs for popular things are usually the same people that scream about how you can't balance around higher level content.  Sortie 3 or whatever level they get to on a T5 Fissure C rotation would be the most logical assumption for highest content they balance most things around.

20 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I understand where you're coming from, and I agree with the highlighted sentiment. But I still think they know and they understand. They just can't properly act on such wide-range revisions and nerfs because they are scared of the backlash. Pablo implied they at times feel hostage to the community so they can't at times act on some things they want to address.

So did I. But I think this comes up as another example of people wanting to have their cake and eat it too. They asked for self-death to be removed, but they never even once considered why that was there with those weapons to begin with. They made a huge fuss about it. That, alongside Pablo's comments and the Xoris situation puts into perspective that DE can at times be scared of the backlash because this community can be very toxic towards the devs. There's also the time Scott called out Brozime on it, making a distinction about the tone of his criticism because of him implying DE actually want for people to be upset and to hate the game.

That has a chilling effect in which they either act slow, or in bandaids.

Agreed. They need courage to do that though.

Fully agreed.

The question is though, is it justifiable to nerf the Kuva Nukor and other outlier ranged weapons when those weapons are currently the only saving grace for ranged combat as a whole? Prior to them adding Steel Path I would have probably said yes, since at that time it was all "balanced around the star chart" and "high level" content was level 35-40 or so for DE when they presented new content. But now, when Steel Path is actually an effective part of the loop and not just the very optional mode they spoke about previously, I dont think it is justifiable to nerf a few outlier ranged weapons. I cant really find even a handful of ranged options that I'd bring to Steel Path willingly with the intent of using them to kill.

Right now even the nerfs to Catchmoon would have been a good thing to revert to have more options for ranged combat in Steel Path. And I'm honestly quite curious what the catchmoon usage would have looked like now if they brought back its former power and Arbitrations arent the latest "endgame" mode.

Archived