Jump to content

What if....


Recommended Posts

What if warframe had better AI so that they were actually strategic and not just single handedly running up to a war machine God by themselves but would run away to find cover or call in reinforcements or run to a locker to get better weapons or somthing cool of this nature. This wouldn't be necessary to add for infested or seintients but for the other factions a little more strategic game play from their part forcing us "ninjas" to take a more stealthily approach or muscel are way through with more difficulty would be better aproach than just increase the armor or numbers of the enemy. Which I would also love to see a greater enemy force especially on the open worlds but I would much rather have quality enemy types and not just quantity but both would be nice too.

Edited by (PSN)Crimmson_knight
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, (PSN)Crimmson_knight said:

a little more strategic game play from their part forcing us "ninjas" to take a more stealthily approach

 

I agree with you, warframe needs a nice upgrade to AI, but there's a problem with your desire for stealth approaches. Warframe maps are difficult to tackle in stealth without total invisibility, as there are no secondary corridors / ventilation ducts, so only a few warframers are able to do a clean stealth, but it would be really cool if one day, maybe in 2024, managed to slightly redesign the maps, adding secondary paths to allow each warframer to tackle the missions in stealth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are so many games that do that better than warframe.

Warframe is fast, high agility coop-game-play. In that regard warframe has its niche.

Cover and stealth are the exact opposite in that regard.

Stealth missions are usually solo missions. (I still do spy-sorties alone so no one breaks it for me)

Most of that content is there to diversify the game-play experience, but i don't see it as warframe's core game-play.

AI is difficult in a hoard shooter because most enemies have not the time to live, to show intelligence.

What might be possible is an ambush. Where you open the door to a room and all enemies are in cover firing at you at the same time.

But they wont live long enough to set anything else up.

Edited by Dark-Sheer
clarifying a sentence
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can have the best AI in the world but it won't matter as long as we have AoE auto enemy seeking powers that can kill anything within 50 meters range behind the walls and with out requiring us to oven spot them to begin with .

 

If you want better AI you have to start with nerfing absolutely everything that auto seeks enemys or AoE nukes entire rooms .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-30 at 10:37 PM, bad4youLT said:

You can have the best AI in the world but it won't matter as long as we have AoE auto enemy seeking powers that can kill anything within 50 meters range behind the walls and with out requiring us to oven spot them to begin with .

 

If you want better AI you have to start with nerfing absolutely everything that auto seeks enemys or AoE nukes entire rooms .

Although this sounds extreme, much of the enemies have no time to show off their AI even if they had good AI due to the absolute speed we kill them at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-01-30 at 9:37 PM, bad4youLT said:

If you want better AI you have to start with nerfing absolutely everything that auto seeks enemys or AoE nukes entire rooms .

I'd argue that it starts at the enemies being better able to handle us. If we start seeing a return of enemies like the full on Prosecutors from 2013, or enemies that for all intents and purposes are just the Wolf, but weaker maybe enemies would have more of a chance. Theres also a consideration for enemy engagement distances, the kinds of weapons they use, traps, automated systems, etc. There is plenty they can do to get around us being gods of war. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I'd argue that it starts at the enemies being better able to handle us. If we start seeing a return of enemies like the full on Prosecutors from 2013, or enemies that for all intents and purposes are just the Wolf, but weaker maybe enemies would have more of a chance. Theres also a consideration for enemy engagement distances, the kinds of weapons they use, traps, automated systems, etc. There is plenty they can do to get around us being gods of war. 

Community deeply dislikes CC immune spungy enemy's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Community deeply dislikes CC immune spungy enemy's.

The wolf is an extreme example, but in all honesty that is the kind of measures DE have to take to create something we can't just dominate. The Prosectors are an older example of DE's attempt at creating a true challenge mini-boss, as they created a soft fail state for endless missions in early Ceres. They made enemies close to them immune to all form of damage except the element they represented (toxin, electric, cold, heat). If all 4 elements got together, unless you were running a rainbow build it was game over.

Edited by Teoarrk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...