Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

cracks in deimos question....

Question

ok...so im getting pretty frustrated with this. what is going on in this mission?

it tells me to take the unit and seal fissures...so i take it..and try to go to a fissure...the fissure is clear across the vault, but like a few seconds after i take it the game tells me its out of energy and i have to go back...so i go back, get more energy...and try to go to a fissure only to have the game tell me the thing is out of energy after a few more seconds and i have to go back again.

how am i supposed to seal the fissure if i cant even get to it? theres just not enough time to get there before it runs out of energy.

so, obviously im missing some mechanic or other...which is why im here asking about it.

Edited by cha0sWyrM

5 answers to this question

One thing you can do is to have your Warframe carry the Emitter, then leave your frame back at the Containment Unit. As long as the Emitter is near the Containment Unit, the Emitter's charge will refill and it will never decay. Thus, you can use your Operator to make your way to the Fissures. Once you reach the Fissure, you can transfer back into your frame to bring the Emitter over to the Fissure.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

One thing you can do is to have your Warframe carry the Emitter, then leave your frame back at the Containment Unit. As long as the Emitter is near the Containment Unit, the Emitter's charge will refill and it will never decay. Thus, you can use your Operator to make your way to the Fissures. Once you reach the Fissure, you can transfer back into your frame to bring the Emitter over to the Fissure.

well now...i do feel kinda dumb for not thinking of that...ill give it a go...thnx.

While I've never tried the (admittedly genius) method of teleporting with the Operator, I have found 2 tricks that may help with this mission type:

1. Scout ahead and mark the next fissure you want to target with "G".  The game will then create waypoints to the fissure so you won't get lost trying to get there.
2. The extra polyps spawn these maggots that latch onto you and slow you down immensely.  Try swinging your melee weapon when it happens to clear them and be able to run at full speed again.

Not only do the maggots slow you down, when the polyps blow it makes a small AoE that drains the energy a bit faster.  The more explosions you can avoid, the better.  But yeah, operator mode simplifies things entirely.