The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't pause on normal solo mission (not open world)

(NSW)Dikashadow

Question

8 answers to this question

i can't pause warframe, period.

read somewhere that i'm supposed to be able to pause it on solo missions, but at best what happened was i become invulnerable, enemies was still moving and attacking.
more often than not, i still receive damage and died eventhough i paused the game.

now i just treat it like every other online games that doesn't have pause feature.

The game has 4 ways to play, technically 5;

Public - pretty obvious, MP mode

Friends Only - seems solo however, anyone on your friend list may just jump into your mission. It has no pause and opening the menu does not affect the mission nor your AFK imminent failure warning.

Invite Only- identucal in function to Friends Only with the change in that people only join when you Invite/ ask them to.

Solo- bottom option. My main way to play, this mode blocks everyone out of joining, you cannot invite others to play either. If not on Cambion Drift, Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon or any "relay" (as Cetus, Fortuna, Necralisk, Maroo's Bazaar and the named Relays are relatively the same idea) entering the main menu will pause everything. Weirdly though Focus orb timers tick down even when everything else stops... might be just me. Anyhow, if you're 100% positive you're in say Adaro and you have set to bottom social option - but Menu is not freezing the mission as above was stated; tell DE now as that is not normal.

The 5th way is /dnd which prevents you being joined by any player regardless of what you set the Social icon to but it isn't "true Solo" and only typing- /normal can you return to regular gaming including trading.

Hope that helps :)

Archived