Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Crit Builds

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

Question

Okay so with crit builds there is a bit of math that goes into all of it right? So i tried mapping out the damage i’d do with my original crit build or a crit build someone said would be better and even gave me the mods for. Keep in mind that their build may actually be better but the mods for it aren’t forma’d and maxed out. So can someone spare me the headache of doing all this critical/multishot/slash math if they would? I know it might not be something that one of you want to do so I completely understand and you can just go on with your day.

My Crit build: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dread/t_30_220000003_131-6-4-132-0-4-133-2-5-137-1-6-140-5-3-141-3-5-159-4-4_132-7-137-5-133-11-141-11-159-8-140-7-131-10-f-f-f-f_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-26

Their recommended crit build(not using mod ranks as high as theirs were): http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dread/t_30_220000003_132-1-4-137-0-6-140-2-3-153-3-2-159-6-4-626-4-5-847-7-5-868-5-2_137-5-132-7-140-7-153-8-626-9-868-6-159-8-847-9-f-f_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/2-0-26

I did about half of the math and it seems like they do similar damage but my build is doing more plus has element proccs. Im sure if i ranked up their recommended mods I’d do a ton more damage but I want to know which I should use until i get all that sweet sweet endo. 

5 answers to this question

A few things:

1. Unless you really enjoy taking a leisurely stroll through the missions to enjoy the view or have motion sickness issues, take Amalgam Serration instead of Serration.  That is the first mod I put on all of my non-Shotgun primaries.
2. Neither build is ideal, because both attempt to double-up on the same things, resulting in diminished gains.  The first build tries too hard to pump Elemental Damage (with 3 elemental mods), and the second build seems single-mindedly focused on Critical Damage (Multiplier).  Also, both builds use too many non-maxed mods, diminishing their cost-effectiveness.  I can understand not maximizing max-level-10 mods because of the cost, but max-level-5 mods really should be maximized.  The one non-obvious advantage of the 2nd build is Hunter Munitions, which makes it more usable against higher-level, heavily-armored foes.

Here's a slightly-tweaked version of the 2nd build, where you can already see a good boost to DPS:

https://imgur.com/a/WUJbtaA

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I did about half of the math and it seems like they do similar damage but my build is doing more plus has element proccs. Im sure if i ranked up their recommended mods I’d do a ton more damage but I want to know which I should use until i get all that sweet sweet endo. 

I am not sure what your question is. I am also not sure why you don't just use those two links you provided to figure this out yourself. All the information is there.

7 hours ago, MqToasty said:

A few things:

1. Unless you really enjoy taking a leisurely stroll through the missions to enjoy the view or have motion sickness issues, take Amalgam Serration instead of Serration.  That is the first mod I put on all of my non-Shotgun primaries.
2. Neither build is ideal, because both attempt to double-up on the same things, resulting in diminished gains.  The first build tries too hard to pump Elemental Damage (with 3 elemental mods), and the second build seems single-mindedly focused on Critical Damage (Multiplier).  Also, both builds use too many non-maxed mods, diminishing their cost-effectiveness.  I can understand not maximizing max-level-10 mods because of the cost, but max-level-5 mods really should be maximized.  The one non-obvious advantage of the 2nd build is Hunter Munitions, which makes it more usable against higher-level, heavily-armored foes.

Here's a slightly-tweaked version of the 2nd build, where you can already see a good boost to DPS:

https://imgur.com/a/WUJbtaA

I bought 3 ayatan treasures for around 12000 endo and i ranked some of them up and even mixed the builds together, taking out one of the excess elements. I’ll definitely try to get my mods to where you have it in that build and try it out. Thank you tons dude

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

By the way, why did you pick the electric element? For the chaining procc or what?

No particular reason, actually.  All basic elemental mods (the Silver ones costing up to 11 Capacity) are interchangeable as they offer the same % boost for the same cost; the only difference being Cold's polarity.  You'd actually want to shuffle elements around depending on which faction you're fighting, and oftentimes it is useful to reserve 2 slots to create combined elements.  For example, if you're still working on the regular Star Chart, then it might be useful to swap out Hunter Munitions for another element modded to rank 3.  The DPS number will also look better, but you will be less likely to proc Slash, which isn't that useful for the regular Star Chart anyways.  Only push up to 3 elemental mods (for 1 combined element and 1 basic element) if you really have nothing better to put in, and have forma'd the weapon to a point where every other slot carries a maxed mod.  The damage increase from that 3rd elemental mod is usually going to be much less than the damage increase from a mod in a different category.

Archived