Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Just me, or is the game lagging a lot more lately?

o0Despair0o

Or rather, my FPS is almost always at the 60 FPS limit I set, but ever since I updated the game 2-3 days ago, I get these weird lag spikes at the start of missions, or when loading into another area.

For example, when I log in, I get 60 FPS. I turn around, my game almost grinds to a complete halt, and 2-3 seconds later it goes back to 60 and stays there.

When I load into a mission, I get ~5 seconds of lag, and then it stays at 60 the whole time.

When I load into an open world (I just tried it with the profit taker boss), I get massive FPS drops that last for a good 10-20 seconds, especially if I'm moving around, and then again it stays at 60.

I tried switching from DX11 to DX12, my drivers are up to date, and every other game works just fine. It only happens here.

The lags happen regardles of whether I'm the host or not.

I'm out of ideas. What's going on here?

If it matters, my specs:

- GTX 1060 6GB

- Ryzen 7 2700X  at 3,7 GHz

- 16 GB RAM

- Game is on the HDD, installed through Steam.

I'm playing on max settings at 1366x768.

I never had this problem before, and my settings didn't change. It all started only after the update...

UPDATE:

This fix seems to work! https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/kvu5je/fix_for_extreme_stutteringfreezes/
Thanks to "Toxys" for sharing the link in other threads.

^Shared by Crono, this seems to work for me. At least for me, step 2 worked. I deleted most of my NV_Cache files and my stutters appear to be gone.

Open Task Manager and see if you can spot something else using your CPU or RAM when you boot up.

I've seen TiWorker (A windows update checking tool) using 500-2000 GB of my RAM at random times and it makes some serious hiccups.

But you have to be quick, because the damn thing vanishes from your Task manager List after you open it. Isnt that awfully convinient?

I've also been experiencing worse performance in some cases, although a different set of them. My fps in some missions randomly drop and I get periods of poor frame times that cause noticeable stuttering. The issue still exists even with a clean Windows 10 installation, and I am using DX11. The last mission someone's companion dying made my game freeze for nearly 2 seconds. [8700k/32GB RAM/Samsung Nvme/1080ti]

Well, I just reverted back to DX11 and removed the FPS limit so now I get over 1-200 FPS  most of the time.

I had the taskmanager running and checked what's going on during these lag spikes.

And frankly... nothing is happening. There's nothing in the task manager that suddenly spikes in usage, even the game itself rarely goes above 2 GB RAM usage.

My GPU/CPU don't get maxed out, either. The game just randomly drops to 0 FPS for a second, stays at ~10-20 for a moment, and then goes back to normal.

At this point I'm 100% certain it's an issue with the game itself.

9 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Check which driver you're using in the launcher settings -- DirectX 12 is still in beta and the focus has been on making it stable first.

I have the same issue as OP. Not sure if it helps, but in task manager i deaktivated 8 of my 16 cores and only used one Memory Channel (NUMA node?),

Edit: At least i think it inproved the performance for me the first 10-20 seconds.

I've been getting this issue for a few weeks. Like if I'm just loading into the ship or a relay and looking forward it's fine, but even after waiting for things to load if I turn around the game will stutter for 5 seconds or so. When out in the wild the stutter along with input lag can make me completely turn around and run in the wrong direction. I've tried DX 11/12, capping/uncapping FPS, tweaking visual settings and at least two new nvidia drivers have come out with one being a clean install.

3.2 ghz, 6 cores, 32 gb ram, GTX 1060

Here's a video of what I mean in the ship, a relay and my railjack: Sorry for the quality, I wanted something quick I could share here.

I am having the exact same issue. Whenever I load into an open world, the game lags and then turns back to normal fps.

This never happened before and only has been a problem for a couple of weeks.

It also feels like my PC is getting hotter more quickly when playing the game, but I haven't tested that yet.

4 minutes ago, Draelocke said:

I've been getting this issue for a few weeks. Like if I'm just loading into the ship or a relay and looking forward it's fine, but even after waiting for things to load if I turn around the game will stutter for 5 seconds or so. When out in the wild the stutter along with input lag can make me completely turn around and run in the wrong direction. I've tried DX 11/12, capping/uncapping FPS, tweaking visual settings and at least two new nvidia drivers have come out with one being a clean install.

3.2 ghz, 6 cores, 32 gb ram, GTX 1060

Here's a video of what I mean in the ship, a relay and my railjack: 

^this.

This is precisely what's happening to me, and I know it's not a hardware problem.

I think there's 2 options here;

Option 1: The latest GeForce experience driver is broken

Option 2: There's an issue with how the game accesses certain files right now.

35 minutes ago, Sinekanter said:

I am having the exact same issue. Whenever I load into an open world, the game lags and then turns back to normal fps.

This never happened before and only has been a problem for a couple of weeks.

It also feels like my PC is getting hotter more quickly when playing the game, but I haven't tested that yet.

The graphical updates overtime would be the cause of higher gpu thermals. In certain spots of the orbiter and the newer tilesets my gpu, even with an undervolt from 1.050->0.800 and 99% fan speed I get 78-82c. It will depend on your refresh rate as well, the higher the limit, the hotter it's going to get.

16 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

It will depend on your refresh rate as well, the higher the limit, the hotter it's going to get.

One of the reasons I limited my FPS to 60.

The other being that my TV only manages 60 (or 59.9 in some games), so 200+ FPS don't help :p

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

One of the reasons I limited my FPS to 60.

The other being that my TV only manages 60 (or 59.9 in some games), so 200+ FPS don't help :p

I upgraded to a 1440p/144 refresh rate monitor last year, the amazon version of the LG 27GL850, so I have it at 142 w/Gsync, but I have the worst possible 1080ti design. It manages to perform worse than the FE model so badly that even though I undervolted it so much, but lucky still get 1,700+, it performs better anyways [lol]. At stock voltages it once failed to maintain its hard thermal limit of 90c. Unfortunately upgrading to the 30 series is pretty much impossible without paying nearly 2x for the 3080 or just buying a whole new prebuilt.

Same here.

Framerate drops on beginning of missions, even more on open worlds, upon entering towns/orbiter, and pc runs way hotter than it used to do. 

Gameplay after the initial fps drop is relatively normal. 

Also, game particularly struggles after long or crowded open world missions. Entering orbiter which supposed to be a light task seems to be a lot heavier. Restarting the game seems to fix it and make everything smooth again.

It started during the ensmallening, new textures, upgraded looks & sounds.

Yes same here  my game lost 15-25 fps in a squad of 4 o open word the 25-30

I have a Ryzen 5, six cores, 3.4 ghz.
32gb Ram and a Nvidia rtx 2060 ti 6gb, SSD sata 2t. 

I don't have any problem with another games  like, Black desert, Division 2, Code Vein, ACE Vallhalla and more than 80 fps for ultra setting.

9455bf2bf0157041aa1fee57ae70df8fo.png

The same thing is happening to me. normally the game doesn't go below 60fps. But now it drops more than 20 fps in a single jump. and when that happens the game consumes at least half of my CPU. and that had never happened. 

I play various games with stunning graphics with ultra settings, such as black desert, division 2, anthem, Soul Saga, Nioh 2, AC valhalla and more. None goes below 70 fps.

35 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

not just lagging more but also more buggy then ever this pos game has gone downhill since de's greed seeped into the game, pump out more content while adding as much microtransactions as possible that do nothing, best thing for developers like this, bought all the colours in the game, bam they added 4+ more colour pallets of reused washed out paint jobs that half the time you dont even need, not to mention the system of the foundry which dont get me wrong its cool as #*!% (whoops i swore de hates swearing and offense) but why the #*!% WHY THE #*!% can you pay real money to bypass a 24 hour or even 72 hour timer, this in itself is blatant pay to win in the sleeves of wolf clothing, no matter how you look at it if i payed what 20 bucks usd and got some premium currency just like gta 5 which millions of people *@##$ about the same S#&$ noone complains about here, when have you last seen a update where they fixed all the bugs and pushed it out on time and had a 10 dollar price on it? Never they would rather push out a broken slop of mush and construct the broken mess into a sculpture with all the impurity's still inside

1st off,

slow down.

2nd,

36 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

this pos game has gone downhill since de's greed seeped into the game, pump out more content while adding as much microtransactions as possible that do nothing

There's are no microtransactions at all other than general plat purchases. And you don't even need plat. It's all just cosmetics.

37 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

bought all the colours in the game, bam they added 4+ more colour pallets of reused washed out paint jobs that half the time you dont even need

Then maybe, instead of just buying everything, only buy what you actually want.

I've been here since 2014 and I, if even, only bought about half of all pallets.

39 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

but why the #*!% WHY THE #*!% can you pay real money to bypass a 24 hour or even 72 hour timer, this in itself is blatant pay to win in the sleeves of wolf clothing, no matter how you look at

Clearly you don't understand what pay to win even means.

Buying things that give you an advantage over other players, such as weapons that can one-shot others regardless of how much they invest in defenses, for absolutely no effort, that is pay to win.

Bypassing a mere time gate, that's called a time saver. It doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever. All it does is save time. You can either keep it free and wait for it to complete, or you can spend money and complete it immediately. It's either your time, or your money. Nothing else. Again, this is not pay to win, it's "pay to wait less".

43 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

if i payed what 20 bucks usd and got some premium currency just like gta 5

Hold it right there.

Scam Theft Auto Online is a player-versus-player environment. PvP. That game allows you to bypass not just time, but other hard requirements like completing certain objectives, with real money.

Warframe does not. It only, I repeat, ONLY allows you to skip time. Not effort. Sure, one might say "but you can buy guns for plat", but you're forgetting one thing here - you may get the gun, but not the mods. And the gun without the mods won't do much good. You still gotta work for it if you don't want to trade with players.

48 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

when have you last seen a update where they fixed all the bugs and pushed it out on time

According to your forum account, you've been here since early 2019.

One would think you've noticed the absolute ton of hotfixes coming out to fix stuff.

Don't get me wrong, the game does have a lot of bugs, but name me one game on this planet that doesn't have any bugs. One. I dare you.

Besides, while DE is no longer a small studio, they're also far from being a massive AAA studio. They don't have the means to hire 50000 bug testers. Heck, it's no secret that PC players test the game for bugs before it's shipped to consoles, as those can't just be hotfixed at any time.

52 minutes ago, Gillboy75 said:

Never they would rather push out a broken slop of mush and construct the broken mess into a sculpture with all the impurity's still inside

Then why are you still here.

Go play something else.

Heck, please stop derailing my thread any further, will ya'.

Archived