Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Just me, or is the game lagging a lot more lately?

o0Despair0o

My friend and I have the same problem. In the first 10-20 seconds in orbiter or after loading into a mission and moving it lags and after this time it goes back to normal. I've got no hardware spikes, switching between fullscreen and borderless and Dx11 vs Dx12 did nothing. Updating drivers also didn't work. 

Like the others, we've also got the problem just recently. 

Rtx 2060, i7 4400 on 3.7GHz, 16gb ddr3 ram / My friend: Gtx 970 and 8gb ddr3. Installed Warframe on a hdd.

On 2021-02-01 at 5:47 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Or rather, my FPS is almost always at the 60 FPS limit I set, but ever since I updated the game 2-3 days ago, I get these weird lag spikes at the start of missions, or when loading into another area.

For example, when I log in, I get 60 FPS. I turn around, my game almost grinds to a complete halt, and 2-3 seconds later it goes back to 60 and stays there.

When I load into a mission, I get ~5 seconds of lag, and then it stays at 60 the whole time.

When I load into an open world (I just tried it with the profit taker boss), I get massive FPS drops that last for a good 10-20 seconds, especially if I'm moving around, and then again it stays at 60.

same symptoms as you, live with it on and off for years now, sometime i will say the bottleneck is either the CPU or HDD, but other time the issue might simply go away within one or two hotfix without you even tinker with anything.

i bet the culprit is that 7gb update not fully optimized from DE end yet, but, doing another optimize from launcher won't hurt.

I recall there being talks about new netcode being tested and that there may be teething issues or some such as they roll out the new code. Perhaps this is the cause of some of the recent issues? As far as lag, I haven't really noticed anything too different from the norm. In other words, I've always had occasional lag depending on who is host.
At the same time I have noticed more bugginess in general. Particularly at Cetus where enemies didn't spawn in a bounty and at the same time my escape button wasn't working, but I think that was a case of me just noticing it more as I forced myself to do bounties for the Nightwave.

En 2/2/2021 a las 17:03, Vlaun dijo:

I recall there being talks about new netcode being tested and that there may be teething issues or some such as they roll out the new code. Perhaps this is the cause of some of the recent issues? As far as lag, I haven't really noticed anything too different from the norm. In other words, I've always had occasional lag depending on who is host.
At the same time I have noticed more bugginess in general. Particularly at Cetus where enemies didn't spawn in a bounty and at the same time my escape button wasn't working, but I think that was a case of me just noticing it more as I forced myself to do bounties for the Nightwave.

Normal missions have spawn bug... Exp: U play a extermination an the mob spawn in u face again and again.  Same with all. 

On 2021-02-01 at 12:30 PM, Draelocke said:

I've been getting this issue for a few weeks. Like if I'm just loading into the ship or a relay and looking forward it's fine, but even after waiting for things to load if I turn around the game will stutter for 5 seconds or so. When out in the wild the stutter along with input lag can make me completely turn around and run in the wrong direction. I've tried DX 11/12, capping/uncapping FPS, tweaking visual settings and at least two new nvidia drivers have come out with one being a clean install.

3.2 ghz, 6 cores, 32 gb ram, GTX 1060

Here's a video of what I mean in the ship, a relay and my railjack: Sorry for the quality, I wanted something quick I could share here.

That is exactly what happens to me (0:15 in the video).

Is it loading tennogen and pausing the game each load or something?!

I have no clue!

On 2021-02-01 at 12:36 PM, o0Despair0o said:

^this.

This is precisely what's happening to me, and I know it's not a hardware problem.

I think there's 2 options here;

Option 1: The latest GeForce experience driver is broken

Option 2: There's an issue with how the game accesses certain files right now.

I am not sure about option 1.

I have all amd components and this happens to me.

I dont know what they are doing, and how they optimize the game, but i have -20 fps perfomance than for example 1 year ago

And yes, same system, same settings, everything same, and i feel it a lot because i had at least 60fps in almost every map and almost every situation, but now for example  playing in a full squad in mot i have 40 and doesnt matter if im host or client

You took the words right out of my mouth, i thought the reason of this lag spikes is because my PC is becoming outdated but that is highly unlikely, boy oh boy. Never thought this many people got the same issues.

My bet is because the game's getting bloated just like TF 2, too many resources need to be loaded and what not and it bog the game down. Optimization update tried to ease up the issues but failed miserably.  Im no game maker or computer scientist by any means, i might be just talking out of my ass but yea. Kinda happy im not the only having this issues.

I'm also experiencing those lag spikes or stuttering when loading into missions and new areas, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the last Ensmallening Update. I've been searching for other posts about this and honestly I'm also pretty sure there's no fix for it, the developers would have to take a look into it (and hopefully they will, because for me the experience has been pretty much ruined and I honestly can't be bothered to play the game as is, since that update I've only logged in for the daily rewards and that's it).

So, I finally got my new PC and it seems the issue is completely gone for me.

I don't know if it is because my new PC is just better than my old one or because I reinstalled the game, but I experience no more stuttering in any kind of mission.

Still would love to know what caused it, since it was running fine on my old computer at first as well.

Its not that bad on my side, yes DX 12 create stuttering and stuff but otherwise game runs perfectly.

More worrying is graphics went to sht after those ensmallening, Warframe textures are more blurry and having weird color correction

Well, clearly theres an issue, since I see that im not the only one and a friend of mine has been having the same issue since last mainline. IDK what happens, its like the game is not clearing ram memory after missions (since I see it using more and more ram as you go, up to the point of being well above 9gb if you just left an open world)

6 hours ago, KittySkin said:

Well, clearly theres an issue, since I see that im not the only one and a friend of mine has been having the same issue since last mainline. IDK what happens, its like the game is not clearing ram memory after missions (since I see it using more and more ram as you go, up to the point of being well above 9gb if you just left an open world)

Oh is that what people call a memory leak?

11 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Oh is that what people call a memory leak?

Could be. Its not strange to have memory leaks from time to time in your code, you are always checking for them.

Maybe with the DX12 fixes they introduced it, but the game used to purge from ram unused stuff from previous map if the system memory was almost full, so while I used to have high ram usage during an open world session, ram usage lowered again once I left it and was at my orbiter for some time.

Some games like final fantasy 15 did this on purpose and where able to use as much as 32gb of ram to "catch" stuff just in case, its not bad as long as the engine keeps in check to not exceed system memory (because if it does, the game memory start to be dumped into the hard drive paging and that can cause massive lag spikes).

Maybe they just messed something and the memory check its not working, I cant say for sure since im not the developer, but as a game dev I can imagine something like that happening

yo, every time i load into a new area my game turns to sh*t (excuse my language), like when i turn around, it drops to 2 frames or something. When having my taskmanager open me and my friends have noticed that my gpu drops hard. Really annoyed and i hope my pc (pretty high end pc) isnt broke or something

16 hours ago, KittySkin said:

Could be. Its not strange to have memory leaks from time to time in your code, you are always checking for them.

Maybe with the DX12 fixes they introduced it, but the game used to purge from ram unused stuff from previous map if the system memory was almost full, so while I used to have high ram usage during an open world session, ram usage lowered again once I left it and was at my orbiter for some time.

Some games like final fantasy 15 did this on purpose and where able to use as much as 32gb of ram to "catch" stuff just in case, its not bad as long as the engine keeps in check to not exceed system memory (because if it does, the game memory start to be dumped into the hard drive paging and that can cause massive lag spikes).

Maybe they just messed something and the memory check its not working, I cant say for sure since im not the developer, but as a game dev I can imagine something like that happening

If your worried about a memory leak warframe does contain a stress test you could try.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stress_Test

2 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

If your worried about a memory leak warframe does contain a stress test you could try.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stress_Test

Yeah, its not able to detect space leaks.

There are various forms of space leaks a game can have.

To say a simple example that this test could never catch, every time you go to the arsenal the game execute a part of its code that have variable declarations containing string data (for item names that are customized).

Said decaration can be done as an array and if not cleaned manually later, every time you open and close the arsenal a new array its added, again and again. That stress test cant simply catch this example.

I dont think its a memory leak, more of a memory miss managment, the game its not cleaning unused stuff from memory as it used to so it catch a lot of stuff in ram, even if it was used like 2 hours ago. Thats not a memory leak, its a memory miss managment, and the stress tests also fail to catch that since its related to loading and unloading lots of scenes with diferent materials and models on them.

Thinking about the issue, seems to be a space leak in all its rule, resources not being freed as fast as one should expect.

On 2021-02-07 at 5:42 AM, Redfeather75 said:

I am not sure about option 1.

I have all amd components and this happens to me.

Underestimate the evil powers and malignant reach of GeForce Experience at your own peril!

Archived