Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Just me, or is the game lagging a lot more lately?

o0Despair0o

6 hours ago, -CRONO- said:

This fix seems to work! https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/kvu5je/fix_for_extreme_stutteringfreezes/
Thanks to "Toxys" for sharing the link in other threads.

Well, whaddaya know, Step 2 actually worked.

I deleted most of my NV_Cache files (except for the ones used by wallpaper engine and what I think is that thing called Nvidia share process the OP in that thread mentioned), and I didn't get any stutters upon login. I could move around with a stable 60 FPS :D

NVIDIA always seems to cause some sort of problem :p

On 2021-02-13 at 11:13 AM, King_Lucario said:

Hi everyone,

I am also having this issue. RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra. I've uploaded an example of my problem here. It seems to happen when loading new tiles/going through doors etc.

https://i.imgur.com/xDUstk9.mp4

Holy S#&$ that is extreme. 

I'm having this same stuttering problem and it's not this bad on a GTX 1070. It stutters constantly, but only for a split second.

Windows 10
i5-9600k (3.7 GHz)
GTX 1070
16 GB RAM
SSD

I've tried:

Optimizing download cache
That reddit thread - Deleting nVidia cache
Setting Warframe to "Prefer Maximum Performance" in nVidia Control Panel

The thing that helps a little is to set Fullscreen mode and drop the overall quality setting. I still stutter, but not as much.

FIXED: Switching from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 in the Warframe launcher seems to have fixed this for me. Also getting higher frames. From ~120 with DX12 to ~160 with DX11.

Is there anyway to submit a bug report on this topic that gives as much information as possible? My system was built more towards hosting VMs, but a GTX 1060 still isn't that bad. Another piece of the puzzle: Earth is the absolute worst, not the plains, just the Earth rework, there's something about it where every chunk causes a lag spike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-01 at 5:47 AM, o0Despair0o said:

UPDATE:

This fix seems to work! https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/kvu5je/fix_for_extreme_stutteringfreezes/
Thanks to "Toxys" for sharing the link in other threads.

^Shared by Crono, this seems to work for me. At least for me, step 2 worked. I deleted most of my NV_Cache files and my stutters appear to be gone.

It worked... At least for a while. Until the game decides to start lagging again. Not as bad as before, but still very noticeable on open world maps.

I'm not looking forward to clearing caches everytime i want to open warframe...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having the same problems , I just got a new hp notebook which is wayyyy better than what i used to play warframe on previously .
specs:
intel i3 11th gen processor 3.00Ghz base speed max 4.1Ghz
8GB DDR4 ram 3200Mhz speed
intel UHD graphics supports DirectX12
downloaded on HDD
 but after the new update warframe just freezes after every few seconds, my frame time goes up to 1000ms!!!
I don't know what happened but the problem just doesn't go , this all started after the new update
if anyone can help me please help
thanks.

1 hour ago, shadowspade2 said:

intel UHD graphics supports DirectX12

but after the new update warframe just freezes after every few seconds, my frame time goes up to 1000ms!!!

this all started after the new update

Ignoring the 4 month necro, I'd say it a problem with the integrated graphics you're running on.

If the fix I linked in the OP didn't work for you, I don't know what to say other than "get an actual GPU" lol

2 hours ago, shadowspade2 said:

That sounds like a background process is eating some of your iGPU. There are two strategies I used on my pc:

1. StartMenu> Settings> System> About> Advanced System Settings> Advanced tab> Performance box - Settings> click on "Adjust for best performance"
  2. Right-click on Taskbar> Task Manager> Details tab> find Warframe.exe(mine says ".x64.exe")> Right-click on Warframe.exe> Set Priority> click on "Above Normal"> there will be a confirmation prompt> click Change Priority 

If you have an anti-virus, take a look at it and see if it has a "gaming mode" or "whitelisted apps" list. This will encourage your antivirus to not drag down Warframe.

2 hours ago, shadowspade2 said:

this all started after the new update

I suggest you run windows update and personally update your Intel integrated graphics. I can tell you that the problem isn't on the Warframe app.

Archived