Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will players ask for a Nidus rework when Nidus Prime hits?

-Vahagn-

I love Nidus the way he is yet I don't really see people talk about him. Though there is a trend of asking for reworks when a Warframe is about to get primed. Which is more evident with Octavia Prime.

That said, will people ask or want a rework for Nidus Prime?

I'm nnnooooot sure Nidus needs a rework, just tweaks. His 1's damage doesn't quite scale so hot these days, but otherwise his kit's functionality is fine.

I think he's actually Pablo's first frame, and his design has aged pretty well, especially with the tweaks he has gotten. He's made off better than Inaros already, at least.

Am i really the only one thinking Khora powercrept Nidus? (and to some extent and in a different way Revenant did too)

The only ability saving Nidus from being obsolete is Parasitic Link,  which is something few frames can replicate. (and even less can replicate it fully, iirc. Octavia is the only one)

Nidus is a frame out of his time. He is king in places that require holding points. These days that's not really preem content. 

Even in those days Nidus while good was particularly slow compared to other great defensive frame options like Gara. 

A rework really isn't needed. They could easily speed him up via changing some of his augment mods. 

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

How many frames got reworked shortly before their prime again? I can only remember Titania, and that seems more like coincidence than DE actually planned to rework her because the prime is coming soon.

Wukong too.

----------------

People should stop relating prime frames with reworks, reworks or tweaks are done based on the frame itself, not because popularity or if it's getting a prime, lots of popular and unpopular frames hadn't been tweaked on many years, some of them since their launch.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Wukong too.

----------------

People should stop relating prime frames with reworks, reworks or tweaks are done based on the frame itself, not because popularity or if it's getting a prime, lots of popular and unpopular frames hadn't been tweaked on many years, some of them since their launch.

It helps for sales, if they give them some buffs/changes it will make the warframe more enticing to buy. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It helps for sales, if they give them some buffs/changes it will make the warframe more enticing to buy. 

It could be, but also a lot of frames got tweakes without prime access or new skins. Wukong happened to be the first with rework + prime access + deluxe skin at the same time and that was a one time thing to this day.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

HUH

all this talk of reworks and changes for Primes

made me stop and realize:

A Prime Warframe is just a new Skin, and some adjusted numbers for base shields/armor/etc. but no gameplay changes

wow.... people are paying money for that, just numbers and a cosmetic...

Dude you get an exclusive Noggle, that's priceless

10 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

HUH

all this talk of reworks and changes for Primes

made me stop and realize:

A Prime Warframe is just a new Skin, and some adjusted numbers for base shields/armor/etc. but no gameplay changes

wow.... people are paying money for that, just numbers and a cosmetic...

And a bunch of discounted platinum... 

Nidus works best under pressure in higher level endurance content, imo takes too long in a normal mission, though Nidus with the new change should be better (I haven't tried it out yet) because we all know ball up a lot of enemies to build stacks then there's fire coming from all directions because players want the easy kills. :p 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I personally think he's the most balanced warframe, the most they could do is Qol changes cause his kit is fine

He, Harrow and Lavos anyways.

it's amusing how those 3 fit into a niche all their own with Sevagoth possibly joining them.

but i would love a slight QOL on his kit, like maybe a bit faster casting time on link for example? I dunno.

4 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

I love Nidus the way he is yet I don't really see people talk about him. Though there is a trend of asking for reworks when a Warframe is about to get primed. Which is more evident with Octavia Prime.

That’s probably because to most people Nidus is completely unattainable. He’s going to be another prime that’s easier to get than his default frame. For a lot of people, Nidus prime will be their first Nidus.

Will people ask for one? Probably, at the least people will be disappointed to not see some kind of change.

Does he need one though? Not really. Personally I don't find him, along with all other "spam one ability" frames, fun to play. But likely for the same reason Inaros hasn't gotten a rework the people who do play them do so for exactly what they do now. People that want to constantly spam nukes want to play current Nidus just as people who want to mindlessly face-tank want to play current Inaros.

Unlike other frames that have gotten reworks nothing is "non-functional" with his kit and he serves a healthy roll within the game.

5 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

Almost certainly.

If you're wondering why it happens, a few years back there was a brief trend of frames getting reworks with their Deluxe skins (Nezha was the most famous). It didn't happen with Titania Deluxe, but it did happen with Titania Prime, which is almost certainly why it's being expected with every Prime now

The frame is in serious need of QOL changes. If DE just had done kills in infinity range of Nidus gave him stack points he would be fine, but they took a look at that idea and did the larva change. I get it was a good attempt, but it did not work.

Like everyone who is going to play the prime get frustrated by allies making your life hell you won’t last playing him. That or you’ll be one of the growing community that’s going to pop up. A community that gloat about trolling Nidus players and make sure they can’t stack at all and “rage quit”.

Truth is the frame needs a rework, the skills don’t need to change like Wukong, just a slight tweaking to the frame.

Kills in infinity range give stack points. Abilities cost stacks, gain points passively till you hit 3 stacks. Your full transformation is at 30 stacks.

1 cast 3 times per stack, on 3ed cast critical strike 3x, 1.5 point gain on crit.

2 can be cast 3 times per stack crit each enemy grabbed gives a point longer range.

3 same

4 same.

This would fix everything wrong with him, make the frame more unique and fun.

If it’s a buff it’s a buff for low level content not high level content. Since you never see the frame that argument is not valid. (Just putting this out there before it’s brought up).

:)

Archived