Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will players ask for a Nidus rework when Nidus Prime hits?

-Vahagn-

just my opinion but
i think nidus doesnt need a rework
he needs to get a reason to be played for
he specializes in drawn out endurance missions especially survival
the problem is that specific other frames specialize in those categories even harder
eg:
nekros/khora/hydroid for survival
mesa/saryn/equinox/limbo for defense
nezha/nova/gara/frost for excavation
etc...

whereas nidus is just generally good at all of those game modes but never as good as those frames in the specific ones
the only thing he was ever meta for was the sedna arena endo farm squads but he lost even that now with helminth

4 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Wukong too.

----------------

People should stop relating prime frames with reworks, reworks or tweaks are done based on the frame itself, not because popularity or if it's getting a prime, lots of popular and unpopular frames hadn't been tweaked on many years, some of them since their launch.

There is a good reason to. It's easier to get devs' attention for a rework when a warframe gets primed especially for those less popular warframes. Devs are not known for putting much attention on them.

I feel like i'm just parroting a majority of people here, but yeah, no where near in need of a rework, but some touches could be fine.  Perhaps a touch up on the damage of his 1, a nudge to larva so enemies don't go flying all over the place or some sort of energy refund if it doesn't actually pull anyone, maybe an augment actually worth using.   Nidus is my go to frame for just about 99% of everything I do and even if you're not going crazy with his powers his just raw survivability make him great to just play around with.  

If anything with his upcoming Prime, I'd like to possibly see some sort of synergy with infested weapons, maybe something along the lines of a percentile chance at gaining a stack tick with a kill or something along those lines.  

The reason people don't talk about Nidus here much probably has to do with him not having very much, if anything, to provide feedback on. None of his skills are bad, none of them are broken OP either. He's perhaps the closest thing to a "perfect" warframe.

Nidus is fine, honestly. the only downsides is the need for stacks, but that's why he shines in endless modes rather than quick missions like Capture. you don't really get to take full advantage of his kit if you aren't in missions for a long time. also he makes infested fashionframe super easy, and looks awesome with Bubonico, Protosomid Shoulder guard and Mucusk Syandana. try it out for yourself, it's a proper Infested abomination look!

People who play Nidus are plenty satisfied with Nidus. The main reason you don't see much Nidus talk is because he's one of the most annoying frames to get in the first place, with all parts coming from a single C rotation (and only at a ~14% chance each) on a game mode that isn't any fun, where the only rewards worth anything are Nidus parts - so every time you don't get the parts you need, it was a complete waste of your time. And even the quest to get the blueprint is a major chore!

10 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

HUH

all this talk of reworks and changes for Primes

made me stop and realize:

A Prime Warframe is just a new Skin, and some adjusted numbers for base shields/armor/etc. but no gameplay changes

wow.... people are paying money for that, just numbers and a cosmetic...

they're also paying to skip the relic grind, build times, slots and orokin reactors

it's what keeps the game free

I'd say he can use a tune up. He's kinda fallen out of the roster with frames like Gara, Khora and Revenant getting added, Vauban getting reworked, along with the introduction of the shield gate. There is nothing he's really great at. Alot of time is spent on building stacks to access the highest defense skill of the frame, while also getting access to self res, which in the end is kinda pointless for a supposedly tanky frame. Not only that, but he's also limited to stay within range to his linked target to keep the defense buff up. Why should I go through all that when there are other frames that can simply hit a button from the start and go where they like while benefitting from their damage reduction skill?

The only case where I'd see myself picking Nidus over someone like Gara would be if I really really love the theme of Nidus' aestethics in frame and skills. If you placed two frames infront of me, both looking like vanilla excal, one with Gara's and one with Nidus' kit/stats, I'd pick the one with Gara's kit/stats any day of the week.

I'm not saying he's bad, I'm simply saying he's outdated and I find very little reason to use him.

Umm all 4 of his abilities are good. Not sure why he would need it. I can count on one hand the amount of frames I consider to be in a good spot and Nidus is one of them.

You could argue his 3 is weak and it is but its a good excuse to experiment with helminth.

Will people ask for it? You know some will, but it probably won’t happen.

Fact is, no Warframe is perfect. Every single one of them could benefit from a tweak here and there, but realistically there’s just not enough dev time to spare for that. So the reworks will be reserved for the frames who need it most, and I would say Nidus is well into the bottom half of that list. Plus Nidus just got a small but very helpful tweak to his kit very recently, so I’d be surprised to see any more changes to him.

13 hours ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

they're also paying to skip the relic grind, build times, slots and orokin reactors

it's what keeps the game free

Yes

but why even Grind for it, much less Pay for it?

Do I even Want a prime? Starting to think, maybe not.

I mean, its the same warframe you already have, just with some trivial numbers swapped. Not new content, or an epic questline, or new game mode, or anything like that...

On 2021-02-01 at 2:23 AM, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I wouldn't. Maybe some touch ups regarding Larva clunkiness/bugginess.

Yeah, it should require line of sight to hit enemies, but then it decides to ignore that and gets stuck with one enemy behind a wall. I still thing the augment should only add damage to it when you blow it up, and blowing it up should be backed-in to the ability itself.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes

I mean, its the same warframe you already have, just with some trivial numbers swapped. Not new content, or an epic questline, or new game mode, or anything like that...

Obviously you've never playied warframe. Why not? Not like there is anything better to do.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes

The possibilities.

Free energy in the void tileset, not very useful usually, but can help speeding up your speedruns when you're f.ex. nuking in a fast fissure mission.

Could be useful in combination of a certain prime frame if a certain event pops up where it suddenly becomes the most efficient combo.

Extra skins, prime skins are usually nice, not always but usually.

A slight increase in the max energy stat might mean the difference between having to use Primed Flow or not, saving the slot for something for min-maxing.

All in all, you can choose to keep the regular variant instead, but sooner or later if for nothing else you would probably farm the prime anyways for mastery, which is easy enough, so might as well farm it and invest into it instead of throwing away Forma, Reactors, Catalysts, Umbra Forma, Exilus Adapter, etc. on a normal variant.

I see no point in buying them though, but that's just me, if someone likes the cosmetics given along with the primes, that might be a reason enough for that person to buy it.

On 2021-01-31 at 7:53 PM, vanaukas said:

Wukong too.

----------------

People should stop relating prime frames with reworks, reworks or tweaks are done based on the frame itself, not because popularity or if it's getting a prime, lots of popular and unpopular frames hadn't been tweaked on many years, some of them since their launch.

My opinion is based on Wukong-
The frames that sit on the shelf and need a rework but dont get them have, intentionally or not, have fallen into "Now we're making a prime so it's time to do the fix." Pretty sure that's why people associate primes with a rework. Ones that already have a prime like Ember, get their rework when there is time or when they design time to do so. With so many things being designed, priority goes to "new" rather the "reworking the old". 

I would love for DE to put out an outline every time the outline changes so people can see the rapid way the ideas and the molding of those ideas change so that it could avoid this kind of topic.  But that's not gonna happen. And speculation wraps these topics like a hurricane with the discussion being as frenzied.  

On 2021-02-01 at 12:19 AM, WH1735S0W said:

I love Nidus the way he is yet I don't really see people talk about him. Though there is a trend of asking for reworks when a Warframe is about to get primed. Which is more evident with Octavia Prime.

That said, will people ask or want a rework for Nidus Prime?

Nothing major, maybe an overall update to his animations making them more fluid.

6 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes

cus the grind allows me to passively pick up prime parts that i can sell for ducats or plat

plus i haven't played octavia since i obtained her in 2019

Archived