Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Will players ask for a Nidus rework when Nidus Prime hits?

In fairness, Nidus doesn't give people RSI's to have access to one the most powerful effects in game, at a cheaper cost than some Warframes entirely dedicated to it... whilst also having multiple forms of attack buffs, level-scaled radial damage and crowd control at the same time. All of which are at a cheaper cost than advertised because of her inspiration passive.

Nidus is good. He's strong, but he has a good drawback innate into his design - he takes a while to get going and his effective range is limited by his 2 and 4, being quite a bit squishier when he's not 'rooted'. He's built around energy as something cheap and easy to acquire. He's balanced.

(Honestly it genuinely shocks me that multiple people looked at Octavia's kit before release and said 'yeah this is reasonable'. But not quite as much as it shocks me that people just... haven't twigged that she has all this)

One thing that I could see changed is his 1st ability.  Making it instantaneously pop out of the floor rather than travel from him to the target.  In addition, I would make the base range and width (more of a fan shape than line) at base without mods added much larger to be a better catch all.  As others have noted here, he has aged well, but other warframes seem to surpass him where it is hard for him to obtain stacks before enemies are obliterated.  His stacks are everything to his kit and if that can be ramped up for players it will be much easier playing with him going forward.  :)

I'm always up for frames to get better scaling. However i have grown tired of how long it takes to get into the level 1000s. Nidus can face roll for a few hours of survival before ya need to think about anything.

Do ya really want more?. 

At the moment i just love using him for alot of things because of the 10+ million dps aoe Glaive Prime nonense we got atm. Larva with that is way too good with Nidus since you can go full true range and do silly stuff.

Plus ya know what Link allows so yeah lol at most i don't mind swapping his 4 off via Helminth. Just nothing is strong enough to face Nidus in his prime never alone my 2 Umbra Forma version.

No doubt they'll ask for reworks. There was a thread just here a couple days ago doing just that. 

Hopefully there isn't one though. Nidus is one of few frames I'd argue is in a really good place.