Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

profit taker's weakness

Soy77

Question

at first i used corrosive-based archguns that was really successful in orphix venom, but they're nowhere near as useful on the huge spider. then i start googling, found some old threads from here and reddit that said radiation works wonders.
so i built my imperator vandal around radiation, cold, and high rate of fire.

at first it seems to be working well.
it's doing decent damage to shields. and it really shines when the shields are down, it can take out one of its legs in just about a second. i can take out all four legs in just slightly over 5 seconds. so i thought: this looks ok, i'll take it.

but then i start noticing that nobody are using radiation. as soon as it went up on taker's forehead, somebody will immediately change it. i did plenty of runs to accept that this isn't just coincidence. absolutely nobody are using radiation.

have i been doing it wrong, guys? is there a meta element for profit taker that people are using?

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

but then i start noticing that nobody are using radiation. as soon as it went up on taker's forehead, somebody will immediately change it.

Let me try to clear up the confusion:

Radiation does NOT cause the shields to immediately change. However, if Profit-Taker's shields are reduced by 20% within a single 20-second period, it will immediately change to the next element. This is to prevent you from dealing 100% shield damage using only a single element

What is most likely happening is that you are not the only person running Radiation. Your teammates probably also have it, and are probably dealing so much damage so quickly that they are wiping out 20% shields in only a second or two

16 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

@Soy77 this is the best advice in the thread, I highly recommend you read ALL OF IT.

Rest assured that i value information and have read everything. Twice. Before saving it in my bookmarks and making it my bible for future builds references 😂

No, seriously. It gave great insights on how to face the fight. I'm a different tenno in the mission just by reading it. I voted other replies as answers simply because they took their time to understand my confusion and directly answered my initial questions.

19 hours ago, Soy77 said:

at first i used corrosive-based archguns that was really successful in orphix venom, but they're nowhere near as useful on the huge spider. then i start googling, found some old threads from here and reddit that said radiation works wonders.
so i built my imperator vandal around radiation, cold, and high rate of fire.

at first it seems to be working well.
it's doing decent damage to shields. and it really shines when the shields are down, it can take out one of its legs in just about a second. i can take out all four legs in just slightly over 5 seconds. so i thought: this looks ok, i'll take it.

but then i start noticing that nobody are using radiation. as soon as it went up on taker's forehead, somebody will immediately change it. i did plenty of runs to accept that this isn't just coincidence. absolutely nobody are using radiation.

have i been doing it wrong, guys? is there a meta element for profit taker that people are using?

radiation is good for taking out the legs an on the final phase of the spider
the profit taker has adaptive shield tech gained from corpus studies of sentient tech.
so requires player to deal damage with the displayed element on the spiders head.
dealing enough damage, waiting certain amount of time or using operator void damage can cause it to shift to a differnt element.
once its sheild is taken out the arcgun is used to take out its legs an then can hit the main body

13 hours ago, Soy77 said:

then i start googling, found some old threads from here and reddit that said radiation works wonders.

Dont google anything or old threads. Just check wiki. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Profit-Taker_Orb

Radiation does more damage to limbs and body, when shields are down. You can only damage them with Archgun so thats what you should have on it. Other weapons should have combination of multiple elements to drop shields faster. Weapons that have innate double elemental are great like Plague Zaws or Battacor.

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

because it's wrong 

radiation is the best element for the archgun, vandal and a couple of others are ok for profit taker
build for crit+rad and yes chroma is a big help but not 100% needed

That said you have to have as much different elements on your other 3 weapons to switch on the go whatever element is needed.
Look at the guide, it's pretty good.

yes only void changes it's stage, with randoms you will have changes all the time 

Also if you want to see great runs, Nash Prime's channel has a lot of videos vs Profit taker.
This one for example:

okay that is a pretty awesome run.

i was about to ask what other weapons you guys would suggest, but i guess corinth and redeemer it is!

1 hour ago, Rambit23Z said:

Profit-Taker has Alloy armor and Robotic health, therefore Radiation does the most damage to it. For the shields, the ONLY thing that matters is it's active element displayed on the front.

58 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Let me try to clear up the confusion:

Radiation does NOT cause the shields to immediately change. However, if Profit-Taker's shields are reduced by 20% within a single 20-second period, it will immediately change to the next element. This is to prevent you from dealing 100% shield damage using only a single element

What is most likely happening is that you are not the only person running Radiation. Your teammates probably also have it, and are probably dealing so much damage so quickly that they are wiping out 20% shields in only a second or two

VERY HELPFUL guys. thank you!

6 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I just went back and double checked.

Seems it no longer is like that way any more.

Of course back then I used my Catchmoon Kitgun to do it.

It never did that in the first place, it's just that the shield has damage caps, so hitting it really hard changes the shield.

17 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

holy moly, why nobody ever mentioned this?? this information is really underexposed

because it's wrong 

17 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

vandal's damage is pretty hilarious and the only thing that gets it going is its high rate of fire. i don't have chroma yet so i probably can put 2 elements, 3 max. help me out here guys

radiation is the best element for the archgun, vandal and a couple of others are ok for profit taker
build for crit+rad and yes chroma is a big help but not 100% needed

That said you have to have as much different elements on your other 3 weapons to switch on the go whatever element is needed.
Look at the guide, it's pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

this need confirmation.

yes only void changes it's stage, with randoms you will have changes all the time 

Also if you want to see great runs, Nash Prime's channel has a lot of videos vs Profit taker.
This one for example:

5 minutes ago, Takkov said:

Radiation doesnt change the damage type, attacking with your Operator changes the elemental weakness of the shield. Radiation is the strongest element against the armor, though. Take weapons with different elements or coordinate with a group to have all the elements (single and combined) covered. That way you dont need to skip elements you didnt bring with the operator.

sorry for double-posting. but now i'm confused.

yes i'm well aware of the void-damage-changes-its-weakness mechanics.

so you're saying that i'm not doing anything wrong? radiation is indeed the best element against its armor? and that's the reason why i can take out the legs real fast?

and what about the shield? how does radiation fare against its shield?
i just assumed first commenter was right since as i've said i could only put few shots in before the weakness changes (or somebody changes it). but yeah comes to think of it, there's delay where i can actually land plenty of radiation shots in. unlike doing void damage where it'll instantly change.

this need confirmation.

59 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Radiation instantly makes Profit Taker change its shield weakness type.

It is therefore the worst element to use on it.

holy moly, why nobody ever mentioned this?? this information is really underexposed

is there any lore reasons why it does that (or if it's ever mentioned at all in the game)? now i feel really stupid for missing something this big

37 minutes ago, tipsy_princess said:

lol find my problem in the very first paragraph of the post "the first page of Google only returns guides featuring crap builds"

apparently now relying on resources from outside the game isn't enough anymore. i even have to learn distinguishing good and bad sources, i mean there are only very few instances where first page of search is bad. oh warframe...

============

disappointments aside, if i am to build my imperator vandal for profit taker, what elements would you guys suggest? world record dude on reddit said he use vandal but never said what he use -unless i stupidly missed it again.

vandal's damage is pretty hilarious and the only thing that gets it going is its high rate of fire. i don't have chroma yet so i probably can fit in 2 elements, but not much. help me out here guys

42 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Radiation instantly makes Profit Taker change its shield weakness type.

It is therefore the worst element to use on it.

Radiation doesnt change the damage type, attacking with your Operator changes the elemental weakness of the shield. Radiation is the strongest element against the armor, though. Take weapons with different elements or coordinate with a group to have all the elements (single and combined) covered. That way you dont need to skip elements you didnt bring with the operator.

Archived