i see people are starting to talk more about looking at nidus kit. nidus is my favorite frame...thematically hes so interesting and well thought out. i love nidus...hes my boy, but, truth be told...i never use him anymore. hes just too slow for almost all content. it doesnt help that every one of his abilities is static...by that i mean they are all stationary. virulence causes him to stop moving, larva doesnt move, the parasitic link target (if an enemy) doesnt move...and ravenous is a stationary area effect...mobility is a real issue.

so, nidus is really only suited for defense missions or survival, and even then...survival mostly as his kit doesnt really defend anything but himself. thats fine...theres other frames like that...but even then....nidus just cant kill efficiently enough. since hes mostly unkillable himself...i didnt even look at anything survivability related...he doesnt need help with that.

now i dont want to do a complete rework...thats silly...he just needs a bit of a boost. so i thought of some ideas, subtle changes that keep the core play style intact but maybe help nidus be an appropriate choice for the direction de has been pushing the game. im trying to lean in on the infestation angle more.

and before everyone goes nuts...i understand...de doesnt read these...and im just spitballing ideas, im not claiming these ideas are the best ideas, they are just the ones i thought of...if you disagree...thats cool, if you have different ideas, thats cool too.... but we can all be civilized about it...cant we?

ok......remember...im not trying to "change" nidus...just modernize him a bit.....all these things would obviously need to be balanced....ok...he we go:

1. virulence - decrease initial damage by 25% then add viral (same amount as non viral damage) so just for round numbers...100 damage would become 75 + 75 viral. also have each enemy hit extend the virulence out (in a branching pattern) to hit more enemies. there is no max range...it will extend as long as it hits enemies. distance of spread is affected by range

2. larva - doesnt need much...just add viral procs

3. parasitic link - remove ability to cast on allies (no one likes or uses it). linked enemies now fight for nidus (like nekros shadows)...enemies they damage have a chance to also get linked...adding to power str. and dr....(maybe this needs a of max of 3). distance links can be from nidus are affected by range....each one past the first has half the range of nidus from the one that made it.

4. ravenous - functions normally with the following additions: increase maggot number and damage (change damage type from toxin to viral), enemies entering ravenous have a chance to become ensnared, increasing ravenous power and size (maybe 5%-10% per enemy affected by power and range).

since nidus is so movement constrained, the idea here is to have his abilities spread a bit themselves...especially considering the theme. this would still have nidus most effective amidst swarms of enemies, but still useful in mission types where some movement is required. i also think this is more synergistic as you can now use larva to pull enemies into ravenous to make ravenous spread and get stronger. anyway...those are my ideas. i think something like that would go a long way in modernizing such a great frame, without really changing his core game play style or the kinds of things hes good for.

Just now, -VS-Tora said:

Nidus is one of the last frames that needs a rework rn

again...a lot of people would disagree. if you dont think he needs one...great. then this thread isnt meant for you.

I play Nidus a lot and honestly I think everything is fine. He doesn't need a rework, I think if anything his third should make it to where Nidus heals his allies and his abilities get stronger by taking "power" from enemies, with it scaling on stronger enemies.Plus i think the whole viral damage isn't needed, if you want more damage then mutate more, he's one of the strongest warframes with a lot of survivability. 

Edited by (XBOX)Apoll0 666
Just adding
  • Like 3
vor 2 Minuten schrieb cha0sWyrM:

again...a lot of people would disagree. if you dont think he needs one...great. then this thread isnt meant for you.

kinda funny that your only argument for a rework is that "a lot of people think he needs one"

your the only person i have seen saying this up to now

• Like 18
1 minute ago, cha0sWyrM said:

You can't just use "a lot of people disagree" who's saying that?

Never ever have I seen someone talk about Nidus in a negative way and rightfully so he's pretty balanced.

• Like 14

I played Nidus for a good while, and honestly his kit works in such a fashion that i don't think that he needs a rework. not every frame need to be a map-wiper either (we have Saryn and Mesa for that) and especially in his own meta, (that being the tank-meta) i think he does perfectly well. 

As a last note, if you want a frame that does all and doesn't care about balance you can go back to playing Octavia.

• Like 6
Just now, Troposphere6 said:

Can we please deal with Nyx and hydroid before we go around taking perfectly good warframes and pretending there defective?

feel free to start a nyx and hydroid need a rework thread.

i love how everyone thinks nidus is perfect as he is and doesnt need a rework...but no one actually plays him.

i play warframe  4-6 hours a day...ill maybe see 2 nidus players a week...maybe.

45 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

ok......remember...im not trying to "change" nidus...just modernize him a bit.....all these things would obviously need to be balanced....ok...he we go:

So your idea of "Modernize" is just to change the damage type of his attacks to Viral because its the best element to have anything proc right now? Seeing everything you proposed its a good thing [DE] doesnt have people with your mindset making balance.

47 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

1. virulence - decrease initial damage by 25% then add viral (same amount as non viral damage) so just for round numbers...100 damage would become 75 + 75 viral. also have each enemy hit extend the virulence out (in a branching pattern) to hit more enemies. there is no max range...it will extend as long as it hits enemies. distance of spread is affected by range

Haha, absolute No! Despite the initial 25% damage decrease you proposed, adding +75 Viral as additional damage would double its damage output and allowing Virulence to creep out would be absolutely OP.

50 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

2. larva - doesnt need much...just add viral procs

No... Its already a skill that groups up enemies and makes easy for you to spam Virulence wile also having a chance to add stacks, you also want it amplifying damage with Viral Procs?

51 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

3. parasitic link - remove ability to cast on allies (no one likes or uses it). linked enemies now fight for nidus (like nekros shadows)...enemies they damage have a chance to also get linked...adding to power str. and dr....(maybe this needs a of max of 3). distance links can be from nidus are affected by range....each one past the first has half the range of nidus from the one that made it.

Its not that people dont like linking to allies, its actually better doing so as you buff both your self and your ally, problem is actually targeting an ally in a fast paced game like Warframe. Your other proposed changes are also a No No, it would just be a Copy/Paste of Revenant's 1st ability with more power.

53 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

4. ravenous - functions normally with the following additions: increase maggot number and damage (change damage type from toxin to viral), enemies entering ravenous have a chance to become ensnared, increasing ravenous power and size (maybe 5%-10% per enemy affected by power and range).

So its not enough his 4th ability spawning distractions to your enemies fire, dealing scaled AoE damage that bypasses Shields when the Maggots die, adding potentially a huge amount of stacks and being able to heal allies standing in it, you also want it dealing MORE damage, amplifying damage delt to enemies and immobilizing them? Go Google the meaning of Power Creep!

46 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

Its only been like 2 other topics asking for Nidus rework the whole last month and they were just as delusional as you, asking for extremely overpowered increase to his kit.

• Like 13
6 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i love how everyone thinks nidus is perfect as he is and doesnt need a rework...but no one actually plays him.

i play warframe  4-6 hours a day...ill maybe see 2 nidus players a week...maybe.

That's because he's annoying to play in squads, people who use Nidus won't be using him in squads often because usually people will take your kills and even use your larva to get theirselves kills. He's a scaling warframe and you can't scale when your squad of 3 jumpy bois on crack are taking all the kills. He is an amazing frame who is in great condition, he's seen as an A tier frame and honestly no rework for him or any of his abilities should be in consideration until much needed other frames get their love. How often do you see Zephyr and Hydroid?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Its only been like 2 other topics asking for Nidus rework the whole last month and they were just as delusional as you, asking for extremely overpowered increase to his kit.

im glad i asked for people to keep it civil.

does it make you feel better about yourself to be insulting for literally no reason whatsoever? i sure hope so...that would at least have a benefit for someone.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

That's because he's annoying to play in squads, people who use Nidus won't be using him in squads often because usually people will take your kills and even use your larva to get theirselves kills.

you know they changed that...right?

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

How often do you see Zephyr and Hydroid?

i dont recall saying zephyr or hydroid DONT need a rework.....as i said to another tenno...feel free to start a zeyphyr and hydroid need reworks thread....this one is about nidus.