Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

How often do you see Zephyr and Hydroid?

Me being a Zephyr main since she came out, i practically never see other Zephyrs in Sorties or Steel Path missions with me. Its like a 0.00001% chance of finding another.
I do miracles with her kit from start tho i really wished there was more love to her kit. I get extremely irritated every time i see a rework proposition to her kit on the Forums that wants to straight out turn her into a Slash Nuke.

18 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

im glad i asked for people to keep it civil.

does it make you feel better about yourself to be insulting for literally no reason whatsoever? i sure hope so...that would at least have a benefit for someone.

Last i checked, Delusional wasnt in the "Insult" category. Sorry i hurt your crystal feelings.

But lets be realistic here, you are proposing improvements to a frame that needs none and wanting changes that would make an already great frame into an overpowered monster.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 9
5 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i dont recall saying zephyr or hydroid DONT need a rework.....as i said to another tenno...feel free to start a zeyphyr and hydroid need reworks thread....this one is about nidus.

DE can only make one or two reworks at a time. So if Nidus gets a rework, he takes the place of a Warframe that actually is useless and needs a rework like Zephyr and Hydroid.

So, other people have all the right to say these Warframes need a rework before Nidus.

Nidus doesn't need a rework, and DE should give priority to other frames that are actually useless or broken. End of the story.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

That's just like, your opinion man. He's one of the few frames who has a fully functional kit and can go the distance. Anyone saying he needs a rework clearly doesn't know how to play him, or they're not that great at the game. 

Also: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/34-warframes/

that is just my opinion...yes.

right. im new. i dont know how to use him or play the game.

there. happy now?

did i say his kit wasnt functional?
man...you guys just LOVE your straw men dont you?

the issue isnt that he isnt "good"...the issue is that hes getting left behind. hes great at what he does...its just that what he does isnt very useful to how de has been changing the game. its not my fault de is moving away from his strengths....but the fact remains...that is precisely what they are doing. already hardly anyone uses him, without a rework...youll see him used less and less and less.

1 minute ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

So if Nidus gets a rework, he takes the place of a Warframe that actually is useless and needs a rework like Zephyr and Hydroid.

Hey! Dont call my Bird girl useless! ;3

Her kit is complicated to use and she requires quite some learning to get to play with but in the hands of someone who actually knows how to play her, she is very potent.
I often refer to her as a Synergy frame as her 3rd with the Augment makes any short ranged weapon into a Sniper and increases a lot the performance of weapons like Shotguns.
Her 4th ability also has a bonus not mentioned in-game that you only get to know of when reading the Wiki where it Doubles any Critical Multiplier of weapons you shoot the tornados with.

But yeah, she still needs some more love. :<

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

DE can only make one or two reworks at a time. So if Nidus gets a rework, he takes the place of a Warframe that actually is useless and needs a rework like Zephyr and Hydroid.

So, other people have all the right to say these Warframes need a rework before Nidus.

Nidus doesn't need a rework, and DE should give priority to other frames that are actually useless or broken. End of the story.

you know how forums work yes?

people come here and talk about stuff. this is simply a conversation. im pretty sure de isnt going to come in here and see this and suddenly drop whatever they have gong on to rework nidus.

what a silly thing to be concerned about.

7 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

that is just my opinion...yes.

right. im new. i dont know how to use him or play the game.

there. happy now?

did i say his kit wasnt functional?
man...you guys just LOVE your straw men dont you?

the issue isnt that he isnt "good"...the issue is that hes getting left behind. hes great at what he does...its just that what he does isnt very useful to how de has been changing the game. its not my fault de is moving away from his strengths....but the fact remains...that is precisely what they are doing. already hardly anyone uses him, without a rework...youll see him used less and less and less.

A couple things here:
1. You're entitled to your opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that.
2. It's cool being new, and nobody is going to fault you for not being born knowing every morsel of knowledge for a game.
3. While you didn't say that, it's a strong point AGAINST a rework, not a straw man. 
4. A lot of frames get left behind in many areas of the game, he excels in steel path and in longer, more endurance orientated missions. For stuff like capture and exterminate? Yeah, he doesn't build stacks that fast and suffers for it, but it's far from being the reason for a rework, considering the augments he has available. Things like Larva Burst are a good offset for his lack of build up in quicker missions, and Teeming Virulence is boss because who doesn't like rocking 350% crit chance on their primaries in a target rich environment. 

If you want a rework for a frame like this to gain real traction, you need a lot more than what you have in the OP. 

• Like 2
Just now, TheGuyver said:

A couple things here:
1. You're entitled to your opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that.
2. It's cool being new, and nobody is going to fault you for not being born knowing every morsel of knowledge for a game.
3. While you didn't say that, it's a strong point AGAINST a rework, not a straw man. 
4. A lot of frames get left behind in many areas of the game, he excels in steel path and in longer, more endurance orientated missions. For stuff like capture and exterminate? Yeah, he doesn't build stacks that fast and suffers for it, but it's far from being the reason for a rework, considering the augments he has available. Things like Larva Burst are a good offset for his lack of build up in quicker missions, and Teeming Virulence is boss because who doesn't like rocking 350% crit chance on their primaries in a target rich environment. 

If you want a rework for a frame like this to gain real traction, you need a lot more than what you have in the OP. 

lol. im far from new.

and it is a straw man by virtue of it being an argument against a position i didnt make or even have..while simultaneously 100% ignoring the points i did make. the fact that his kit is functional has no bearing on its usefulness. does his kit work? yep...sure does...works great.....but its not very useful for how the game is trending.

and i think ts odd that you say he doesnt need a rework...but then say for a rework to be good, it should be more...after i specifically said i was trying to NOT change his kit. the intention here was to slightly alter his kit to be a little more functional for the current state of the game...not change him.

i mean....if you want to talk about a real rework rework...we can.....but thats not what i was trying to do. i was attempting to be as subtle as possible.

1 hour ago, Troposphere6 said:

Can we please deal with Nyx and hydroid before we go around taking perfectly good warframes and pretending there defective?

nyx is amazing! she just needs her 1 and 4 a tiny bit modernized

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

nyx is amazing! she just needs her 1 and 4 a tiny bit modernized

I would agree with that assessment I enjoy nyx for mobile defense myself I was just naming the two warframes that most people think need some work.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

you know they changed that...right?

i dont recall saying zephyr or hydroid DONT need a rework.....as i said to another tenno...feel free to start a zeyphyr and hydroid need reworks thread....this one is about nidus.

Doesn't change it entirely, Nidus' power grows with kills and you can't do that as efficiently in squads. The point everyone is making is that he isn't in need of a rework. I will apologize on the behalf of others who have insulted you. Simply what everyone is trying to say is that a Nidus rework isn't needed and he is in a good place right now, especially compared to other frames. Just because people don't play him doesn't mean he needs a rework or buffs... if anything it simply means he isn't all that flashy or maybe people just don't like his style, because to say he needs a rework, or to maybe say he is weak, underwhelming, doesn't mow down 7 enemies with a simple button press, or that is not on par with other very powerful frames(none of which you said) is simply wrong. He is very powerful as he is and has tons of survivability. His abilities literally all compliment each other and make him even more powerful over time. When he came out people called him OP and a few youtubers referred to him as "The frame who simply doesn't give a f***", because of how overpowered his abilities CAN be if used right. He needs no buffs nor a rework, everyone, including me are saying you shouldn't even be thinking about a rework for him with how powerful he is compared to the weaker and forgotten frames who need more love. Nidus is my 3rd most used and that is my honest opinion.

• Like 3

some frames are better than others at certain missions and that's okay, nidus happens to be one of those for stationary missions

eg does gara need a rework cus her abilities don't excel at spy, capture, assault or sabotage? does ivara need a rework cus she's not the best choice for assassination, excavation?

then there's the few frames who aged like milk or are being robbed of their potential: loki, inaros, hydroid, zephyr etc

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

When he came out people called him OP and a few youtubers referred to him as "The frame who simply doesn't give a f***", because of how overpowered his abilities CAN be if used right.

those same youtubers are now the ones saying hes getting left behind. one of (if not THE) most comprehensive warframe lists just dropped our boy in rank...for all the same reasons im saying he needs an update.

i will reiterate: i agree with you...i think nidus is great. i think his kit is good, and it functions well. all im suggesting is a slight modification to how his abilities work (not so much what they do). nidus simply cant keep up....and its not his fault. the current state of the game is making what nidus is good at not very important.

5 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

those same youtubers are now the ones saying hes getting left behind. one of (if not THE) most comprehensive warframe lists just dropped our boy in rank...for all the same reasons im saying he needs an update.

i will reiterate: i agree with you...i think nidus is great. i think his kit is good, and it functions well. all im suggesting is a slight modification to how his abilities work (not so much what they do). nidus simply cant keep up....and its not his fault. the current state of the game is making what nidus is good at not very important.

I can actually agree with this, like I said he struggles to make an impact in squads simply because he can't mutate as much. BUT I don't think that calls for a whole rework, honestly changing his kills for a mutation from 5 to 4 would make him way more powerful and could be the fix he could use, but doesn't necessarily "need".

Edited by (XBOX)Apoll0 666
Typo

Nidus rework no, nothing that drastic. He is very viable in solo steel path survival BUT some tweaks are needed.

Double his base Armor, the first 15 stacks are the most dangerous times as Nidus, especially at lower levels when your teammates are wiping the map and stacks build slower.

Virulence)

• Add adaptive damage.
  • Allow to be recast without waiting to hit a wall or reach its range,
  • Increase the energy refund to 45% per enemy hit, there is simply too many ways teamates can cause you to waste energy, this mechanic is what makes Nidus unfun to play in a squad.

Larva)

• Incorporate his augment.
  • Reduce the duration by half.
  • If targeted at Ravenous have the Larva be stronger (faster grab, increased range) and spawn out of it.

Parasitic Link)

• Add a feature that if you go out of range during its duration, it will auto link the nearest enemy. This will allow Nidus to be much more mobile safely.

Ravenous)

• Make the maggot roaming distance affected by range. They can be usefull CC but I find they slow down the enemies getting near you due them running of across the map.
  • Increase the bonus stacks when maggots are on an enemy - Nidus needs to find a nice location away from teammates to have a chance to use this mechanic, so its bonus should be increased due to the extra setup difficulty.
  • Add energy drain immunity when standing in Ravenous, including to Ancient Disruptors.

• Like 2
Il y a 2 heures, cha0sWyrM a dit :

3. parasitic link - remove ability to cast on allies (no one likes or uses it).

What ? That's literally the ONLY reason I sometime use Nidus.
The power strength buff on ally is by far the most unique and interesting part of his kit (interesting in terms of outcome, not necessary in gameplay though).

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tehcaro said:

Nidus rework no, nothing that drastic. He is very viable in solo steel path survival BUT some tweaks are needed.

Double his base Armor, the first 15 stacks are the most dangerous times as Nidus, especially at lower levels when your teammates are wiping the map and stacks build slower.

Virulence)

• Add adaptive damage.
  • Increase the energy refund to 45% per enemy hit, there is simply too many ways teamates can cause you to waste energy, this mechanic is what makes Nidus unfun to play in a squad.

Larva)

• If targeted at Ravenous have the Larva be stronger (faster grab, increased range) and spawn out of it.

Parasitic Link)

• Add a feature that if you go out of range during its duration, it will auto link the nearest enemy. This will allow Nidus to be much more mobile safely.

Ravenous)

• Make the maggot roaming distance affected by range. They can be usefull CC but I find they slow down the enemies getting near you due them running of across the map.
  • Increase the bonus stacks when maggots are on an enemy - Nidus needs to find a nice location away from teammates to have a chance to use this mechanic, so its bonus should be increased due to the extra setup difficulty.
  • Add energy drain immunity when standing in Ravenous, including to Ancient Disruptors.

I like most of these but not all, that is my opinion. I think the recast is good , and maybe not 45% but 33%. So it takes three enemies instead of 4, but 2 is broken imo since then only 1 of his abilities need energy, even 3 feels like a bit too little. I think all other changes are kind of not needed, excluding the parasitic link and maggot range. I think the maggot range is nice and I think instead of autoattaching to a new target when you get too far instead they should change it to where tapping it links to the nearest enemy and holding it attaches to the nearest ally, though you can still aim for specific targets. I think that'll help with the overall use of the link but the range of it isn't too bad, he isn't supposed to be the most mobile ability wise.

21 minutes ago, Tehcaro said:

Virulence)

• Add adaptive damage.

Larva)

Parasitic Link)

Ravenous)

wow...it only took 2 whole pages of people talking about irrelevant stuff to get someone to actually participate.

interesting choices. i like them. i especially think the larva augment should just be how it works. the energy drain immunity is interesting...not too helpful for nidus himself...but a nice buff for teammates...in keeping with the theme of the ability.

Edited by cha0sWyrM
4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Even if Nidus needed a rework (which he doesn't, he's fine, he's not boring and he doesn't just throw abilities and wait for them to do his job for him)

Slapping Viral on everything is definitely not the way to do it.

i only did that because thematically, thats what it should have been all along. it doesnt make sense that the infested frame wouldnt have innate viral damage on it....i mean the name of one of the abilities is "virulence" shouldnt THAT one at least have viral damage on it?

Edited by cha0sWyrM