Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission III: Update 29.7.0

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

General Changes:

• Added Lavos Cordatus, Mag Gauss, Protea Mavv, Protea Telema, and Xaku Kintsu Helmet Blueprints to the Nightwave Store rotation.

But what about Gauss Mag and Grendel Glutt Helmets?
They never showed up during Nightwave: The Glassmaker...

38 minutes ago, quantumsPrime said:

Am i the only one who has fps drop after update?

For me it's like it's faster and looks better. There might be something weird with my system (I'm on low spec pc) but I don't see any FPS drop.

It's nice to buy few helmets and catalysts... but it would take a long time to reach 30 rank. I wish we could skip levels by paying creds.

46 minutes ago, Ssschah said:

They did show up actually, though they were rare. Xaku Kintsu Helmet on the other hand never showed up. Not once did it show up and I sadly know this cause I checked the nightwave cred store every week to see if it would show up. It never did.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Added Lavos Cordatus, Mag Gauss, Protea Mavv, Protea Telema, and Xaku Kintsu Helmet Blueprints to the Nightwave Store rotation.

You forgot to add the Grendel Glutt Helmet, that helmet hasn't been added to nightwave yet.

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!

Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

There are 7 duplicates I can see, not including the 50 cred ones. Is this just a visual issue or was it that poorly implemented?

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!

Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

Best thing i've read on the Forums today. thanks. 👍

5 hours ago, Spudney said:

There are 7 duplicates I can see, not including the 50 cred ones. Is this just a visual issue or was it that poorly implemented?

I guess you'll still see the "regular" rewards, but will get creds instead when reaching that point. Probably how that was implemented.

--

I hope this Intermission will be long, that's a real pleasure to skip boring challenges at will and still reach max rank, and that's more and more the case with the regular challenges addition I won't bother even looking at

22 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

This gonna be a real pain , it would be fine if it was 100 but a 1000 .

Not really -- if you are able to handle Steel Path there are many combinations of weapons and frames that can burn through enemies.

22 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i like long NW seasons. Makes it easy to hit max rank without ever doing a challenge i dont like.

That would be fine -- IF -- there were a way to disable or turn it OFF after you are finished,  After a point it got exceedingly annoying.  Having NW stuff spawn in during a high level Spy mission and trip alarms got old real fast.  Otherwsie -- NO -- NW does not ever need to be as long as Glassmaker was.  That's why they do Intermissions to rerelease some of the missed items for you to grind for again.  No need to drag the entire player base through crap for several months because YOU missed a few items the last time.

22 hours ago, kyori said:

It's ok, Reb. Nightwave is meant to replace alert, so it should go on however long it needs to be. There is no need to get stressed up thinking of new stories n create them all the time. Focusing on present bugs issues or newer content should be priorities.

DE doesn't focus on "present" bugs.  They have "present" bugs that go back several years and have not focused on those yet.

22 hours ago, Nakti said:

Why nitain, vauban and potatoes are at the bottom of the list with "default" sorting? They used to be first. 

Also some text is formatted black at the end of post (on dark theme).

Thank you for the update! I had problems logging in (long loading), but my nighwave is working. Redtext just said to log off and on again.

Where is it set in stone that the reactor/catalyst and Vauban parts ned to be at the top ?  Are you somehow missing out on your 50th set of vauban parts ?

22 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

Not everyone is geared or care for steel path. It also suck that both the steel path ones are the elites even if they arent all that hard to do.

Then those people won't get those NW missions completed.

10 hours ago, Ssschah said:

The Gauss Mag thing is most certainly a typo. But yeah, the Grendel alt helmet missing there has me worried. Please don't forget about Grendel!

So immediate feedback to the new challenges.

1) Having to do an isolation vault is pretty depressing.  It's basically like a forced Eidolon hunt....the difference is that the secondary reward structure absolutely sucks.  I've had isolation vaults that rewarded endo, endo, and a common arcane.  Joy.  It's a 20+ minute investment.  I know it could be worse, but it's not speaking to good rewards found in that mission type, that I care so little about this.

2) Steel Path.  It's supposed to be just cosmetics, and a challenge.  It's functionally just putting back in place sponge enemies.  Goody.  I have to kill 1000.  That's not a miserable situation, but it also isn't fun.  Maybe give us the requirement to finish 3 of the daily challenges.  Same net result of engagement with the system, but people can choose to do things they like.  I intend to engage with this with a single low level survival against infested and with a Revenant....so power grind.  That's pretty bewildering.

3) Look at those rewards.  2 Umbral Forma.  That's like getting 16 in-game weeks of Steel Path grind.  You know, three total mods.  That's literally it.  If you don't need armor, health, and power strength then Umbral Forma are functionally useless.  I say this because Zephyr only needs health, and the other two are useless.  Maybe if you could offer something like an Umbral Streamline or an Umbral Continuity there'd be something for everyone.  Right now, I'm sitting on all my forma until there's something worth it.  

I get your goal here.  The feedback after Nightwave I was that your ambition was too much....and it took until almost a year of Nightwave III to come to grips with this.  Maybe we can just have Nightwave be like....sic....Bethesda.  Sorry, I had to hold back the vomit.  Fallout 76 has managed to do the event things better than you.  That's pretty depressing.  Hopefully you can do better.  If the recent developer stream is any indication of the future, I would definitely like to see where this is going.

Side note, Doom Eternal.  After spending a lot of time with it, it's obvious that the Juggernaut takes a lot from the Pinky.  Maybe you can steal the Arbalest.  That is to say a charged launcher the fires a bolt which detonates after sticking an enemy.  Nothing quite like that power fantasy, after having my innards removed by a shot that I just failed to dodge.  Note that this is actually not anger.  Doom always feels fair, while warframe's enemies can just pull a shield ignoring instant kill aura because the RNG and level is against you.  Something to consider, when you want people to keep playing.

5 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

You know, three total mods

Try 5 mods... and some people play more then one frame and use a few different weapons..

fairly sure Steel path and Iso vaults are optional... meaning if you think it takes up to much of your time. then dont do it

if you cant be bothered to group up or solo it.. then skip it..

And comparing iso vaults to eidlon light show nightmare... yea

Archived