Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XBOX Orphix Venom: Hotfix #1: Nightwave: Intermission III

[DE]Megan

Nightwave: Intermission III

0ad1f09bc2f2fbaf4664608807b17e9a.jpg

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you Nightwave: Intermission 3!

Intermission III brings new Acts, previous Nightwave rewards including 2 Umbra Forma, new “well-loved” Floofs in Cred Offerings!

Nihil’s Oubliette
Nihil may have been contained, but he is still a threatening presence… as well as the owner of a unique weapon. Players have asked how they may be able to repeat their fight with Nihil and acquire the Vitrica in the future - and the answer is it will all be making a return. Stay tuned for the final plans! 

The above Nihil boss fight rerun mechanic requires some backend integrations that are first being tested gamewide on PC. Once we’re in the clear we will flip the switch for Consoles  - we’ll update you when it’s available!

NEW NIGHTWAVE ACTS!

DAILY
--------

• Surf's Up!
    • Kill 20 Enemies while riding a K-Drive
  • Reanimator
    • Find and pilot a Fallen Necramech on Deimos
  • Ancient Obelisk
    • Activate a Requiem Obelisk on Deimos

WEEKLY
------------

• Vault Hunting
    • Do an Isolation Bounty
  • Feed the Beast
    • Feed the Helminth any Resource
  • Necralizer
    • Kill 100 enemies with a Necramech

ELITE WEEKLY
--------------------

• Cold Steel
    • Kill 1000 Enemies on The Steel Path
  • Resource Scavenger
    • Collect 20 different type of Resources
  • The Path Less Traveled
    • Complete 5 Steel Path Missions

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

General Changes:

• Added Lavos Cordatus, Mag Gauss, Protea Mavv, Protea Telema, and Xaku Kintsu Helmet Blueprints to the Nightwave Store rotation.

It’s no secret that Nightwave: The Glassmaker lasted much longer than we had hoped. As mentioned on Devstream #151, the next Nightwave installment will be dramatically simpler to shift narrative focus to New War and beyond.

Operation: Orphix Venom Changes:

• We’ve rebalanced the Orphix Venom scoring Trophy threshold to accommodate the lower AI cap for consoles, a change made to aid in performance heavy events (Scarlet Spear, etc). As a result, console Tenno cannot achieve the same high-score as PC Tenno, making the Clan Trophy acquisition unnecessarily difficult. As a result, we’ve halved the Trophy scoring requirements:

Clan Tier

Terracotta

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Ghost

Shadow

Storm

Mountain

Moon

Fixes:

• Fixed inability to use Railjack navigation if the mission failed.
  • Fixed seeing a ‘PROXY CONNECTION DETECTED’ message while playing Operation: Orphix Venom.

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• We’ve rebalanced the Orphix Venom scoring Trophy threshold to accommodate the lower AI cap for consoles, a change made to aid in performance heavy events (Scarlet Spear, etc). As a result, console Tenno cannot achieve the same high-score as PC Tenno, making the Clan Trophy acquisition unnecessarily difficult. As a result, we’ve halved the Trophy scoring requirements:

Clan Tier

Terracotta

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Ghost

Shadow

Storm

Mountain

Moon

Fixes:

• Fixed inability to use Railjack navigation if the mission failed.
  • Fixed seeing a ‘PROXY CONNECTION DETECTED’ message while playing Operation: Orphix Venom.

Does this "Halving the trophy scoring requirements" also entail a fix or reduction on shop prices as well, since our score determines how many phasic cells we earn if we are not able to earn as many as quickly compared to the PC performance for the OV event? 

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

. As a result, console Tenno cannot achieve the same high-score as PC Tenno, making the Clan Trophy acquisition unnecessarily difficult. As a result, we’ve halved the Trophy scoring requirements:

??  I mean maybe we couldn't get quite the high score, I don't know, but as for unnecessarily difficult - that's a bit of a stretch given that for a ghost clan for example it was easy enough to get gold for the clan solo (solo as in a single clan member just doing random matchmaking - no premade squads or anything).  Didn't need anyone else in the clan to even do the event to get gold.

Was it really necessary to halve the amount of points for the trophies? I mean me and one other person from my clan of three people got 20k points each, so our total was over 40k. I mean we could've not bothered with knocking out all 36 in a single run. It's not like the event is hard or anything either, you just need people to actually do it.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

??  I mean maybe we couldn't get quite the high score, I don't know, but as for unnecessarily difficult - that's a bit of a stretch given that for a ghost clan for example it was easy enough to get gold for the clan solo (solo as in a single clan member just doing random matchmaking - no premade squads or anything).  Didn't need anyone else in the clan to even do the event to get gold.

They like to think PC is super elite and only kids are on console

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Veytok said:

They like to think PC is super elite and only kids are on console

That is actually true in a sense. Warframe is a free2play game. On consoles, where most decentgames are $60+, that essentially means you'll have a percentage of players playing your game because it is free, not because they're particularly interested in the game. PC is different in that sense as there are a far greater volume of online games that players will selectively search out and play because it interests them. That way the players you attract are more invested in the gameplay.

Sorry I appreciate the event on xbox  but the score earned for each sentient kill does not work and since in my clan like many in this game we are competitive and that the DE has put up a ranking it seems only right to make a complaint, too many people have used the trick of the low fps to get 1 in the standings with 45K alone, when in 4 well-built and coordinated you get to the max at 21-23k (using the fast boss kill method), which on a PC it was enough to kill the greatest number of sentient .. . DE I hope you take action at least to be fair to your loyal supporters :)

hace 44 minutos, (XBOX)Cherubs Zophiel dijo:

Sorry I appreciate the event on xbox  but the score earned for each sentient kill does not work and since in my clan like many in this game we are competitive and that the DE has put up a ranking it seems only right to make a complaint, too many people have used the trick of the low fps to get 1 in the standings with 45K alone, when in 4 well-built and coordinated you get to the max at 21-23k (using the fast boss kill method), which on a PC it was enough to kill the greatest number of sentient .. . DE I hope you take action at least to be fair to your loyal supporters :)

Not at all. You can get 21-23k using this method, but we have managed to get 24500 LEGALLY in the event. In full well coordinated and prepared squad, killing sentients and killing fast some bad orphix (talking about respawns). Just need a good tileset and practice.

That being said, we would like to know if the developers could ask the players the next questions:

1.- What is going to happen with the "cheaters" on the leaderboards? Are they going to be punished? Should we do (the legal players) the same in order to be in the leaderboards?

If you go to the inspect mode on players with high record on leaderboards you could see funny things, for example:

-Some of them don´t have MR over 20. That´s not important if you only look at the number but, the difference in hours played and knowledge (supposedly) is really important...

-Some of them don´t have their own Necramech. Really?. Now is possible to beat all the scores without your 6+ forma necramech and 3+ forma arquebex because if you have a simple bonewidow without mods and forma you can kill everything.

-There is a lot of difference between 24500 (our score without cheating) and 27000, 30000 and 45000...

-I could manage 22.000 alone (killing the orphix as fast as I can, with fluctus for resonators and arquebex), but really 30000? or even better 45000? lol

2.- Consoles have problems with performance due to their capabilities if we compare to PC. This is absolutely true, but:

In PC, max Score could be over 40000 points legally. Lets work with 35000 points as a Points Per Match (PPM)

Lets say in console, we can get a maximun of 24000 points legally. Again, work with 21000 (PPM)

That´s aprox. 40% of difference...

Are we going to get the same percent in the price of the Oprhix Venom prizes?

In console we all know we have the last patch. Now we can´t use Rejuvenation Aura to manage our Necramech health, ok.

We dont have the same spawn rate so we can´t get the same high scores, ok.

But we also have the same prices than PC players have, thats completely unfair.

Please, let us know if we are going to have any form of compensation because we are clearly injured in the comparasion.

PD. English is not my first languaje so try to understand the logic of the post.

Arcane Farming (compared to tridolons):

Scarlet Spear 23x faster

Orphix PC 7.5x faster

Orphix Console 3.5-4x faster???

I get that we purchase them vs rng rewards, but given that we can get roughly half the max score and the arcane prices aren't adjusted compared to Orphix PC that's a dose of salt. 

My max score is 21,774. And I thought I was doing it wrong... now I just get to grind double what PC did. Assuming I have time to get extras, the market value appears to be 1/4 the plat value (cursory peak at trade channel vs pc youtube videos).

How about adjusting the score per kill or halving the cell prices, DE?

my post is used to report cheating in this event since no one talks about it in the forum but in game everyone complains about it, thank you LeMaquiniste for sharing the same opinion, I'm not talking about small centesimal points between 23k or 24,750 do well 25 , like you, others and the undersigned have invested 6 forms on necramech and 5 or 6 on arquebequex, not to mention the fluctus, however this does not center the fact that measures are not taken for those who do not respect the game and the others by adopting means to prevail on why incompetent and without passion, I repeat people without build and necramech who total 30 k to 45 k in solo is a joke you can't see !!! I invite all warframe lovers to join this complaint, for the rest good game to all Tenno

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Cherubs Zophiel said:

my post is used to report cheating in this event since no one talks about it in the forum but in game everyone complains about it, thank you LeMaquiniste for sharing the same opinion, I'm not talking about small centesimal points between 23k or 24,750 do well 25 , like you, others and the undersigned have invested 6 forms on necramech and 5 or 6 on arquebequex, not to mention the fluctus, however this does not center the fact that measures are not taken for those who do not respect the game and the others by adopting means to prevail on why incompetent and without passion, I repeat people without build and necramech who total 30 k to 45 k in solo is a joke you can't see !!! I invite all warframe lovers to join this complaint, for the rest good game to all Tenno

I’ve maxed both Necramechs (5 forma), have a multi forma’d fluctus with Riven (pls buff disposition) and see no way of getting close to 30k on Xbox let alone the 40k-52k scores on PC

Given the time taken to complete doesn’t change, it’s an hour for full run, it’s really unfair we are effectively earning half the amount we could potentially earn due to platform but are paying same prices in event store - is our time less valuable and therefore we just need to run twice as much?

On 2021-02-01 at 1:03 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Clan Tier

Terracotta

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Ghost

Shadow

Storm

Mountain

Moon

Sweet, time to mark this as done and start prioritizing the intermission even though it would of been easy to solo it before the change. Then again I'm in a (If I remember correctly)ghost clan so that's why. Anyway hopefully intermission doesn't stay longer then it should just like glassmaker.

Edit: To be more specific with solo. Solo clan, random people for mission.

Good morning tenno

http://content.xb1.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenom.php

Number 1 and 2 appeared together. 30000 is not achievable on xbox. They played together and have 1 point difference. Not true.

Number 3, definitely imposible to achieve that score ALONE. At least that person wasn´t greedy to get 30000, point for him/her... but in the end, not true.

We still try to beat our score, but seems complicated. There´s time to improve but honestly, we (and I mean all of us, players of the event) need a perfect tileset with 3 good orphix to do.

On 2021-02-04 at 6:27 AM, (XBOX)LeMaquiniste said:

Good morning tenno

http://content.xb1.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenom.php

Number 1 and 2 appeared together. 30000 is not achievable on xbox. They played together and have 1 point difference. Not true.

Number 3, definitely imposible to achieve that score ALONE. At least that person wasn´t greedy to get 30000, point for him/her... but in the end, not true.

We still try to beat our score, but seems complicated. There´s time to improve but honestly, we (and I mean all of us, players of the event) need a perfect tileset with 3 good orphix to do.

Look at their mech kills too. Literally impossible. 

while we're all worried about scores, i feel like people havent brought up that PC was able to earn more arcanes than us. we cant even hit 25k(2500 points) but PC was able to hit almost twice as much, being able to purchase more arcanes... 

Archived