Nightwave: Intermission III Is Now Live!

On 2021-02-01 at 2:21 PM, GrayArchon said:

In the DevStream, Rebecca also showed that the Ayatan Hemakara sculpture was a reward for the Nightwave intermission. Does this count as a unique reward? Hopefully we have the option to claim a second Hemakara statue, since there is no way to obtain more than one.

In case anyone doesn't remember, the Hemakara statue is a reward for Phase II of Operation: Orphix Venom. You are only given one.

Great question! Duplicate Protection does not apply to the Ayatan Hemakara Sculpture or Mods for that matter - you'll acquire a second one via Nightwave Reward Tier.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Great question! Duplicate Protection does not apply to the Ayatan Hemakara Sculpture or Mods for that matter - you'll acquire a second one via Nightwave Reward Tier.

Thanks! Good to know. I sort of figured you guys would do it this way but I just wanted to bring it up in case it slipped your mind.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thank you for the clarification. Will that apply to the rank 0 Arcane Grace as well?

Edited by Voltage
11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

And what we should do with the 2nd mod?
Can be tradable?
Or make 2nd for as an not max upgraded mod?
Also when stop to mod with odd mod capacity? (11,13)
Why not -1 soo all can be even numbers mod capacity

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Radiatedmilo said:

Hmmmmmm, someone correct me if I am wrong here but weekly challenges are meant to be 4500 pts right.... The feed helminth one says its 1500 pts not 4500 in the nightwave menu on xbox, would this be a bug or intended?

Yes yes that is true and even though they changed it to 1.5k standings i still did not received any of it i hope they fixed it soon all i have received is the do 3 exterminate mission and the 4.5k standings is there and about doing some open world both free roam and bounties i have been dealing with the bluescreen but if i play mission on starchart its perfectly fine

I'm getting challenges auto completing and not getting the points from them.

It happened with a daily last week but 1000 points ain't too much of an issue.

Logged in this morning and I've somehow completed the 3 sorties Elite challenge but my ranking score hasn't changed. Missing out on 7000 score is a bit more annoying. Weekly exterminate challenge is at 2 of 3 completed as well and I've not played a single mission yet this week.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Radiatedmilo said:

The feed helminth one says its 1500 pts not 4500 in the nightwave menu on xbox, would this be a bug or intended?

Can confirm that's how much the Helminth challenge says to be worth on Switch as well (It should be 4,500 if it's intended to be a weekly challenge vs a daily challenge, in which case 1,500 makes a little more sense). There's also some issues with it bug-wise:

• I noticed my standing does not change after feeding the Helminth a resource of some kind, be it one type of thing or multiple kinds of resources.
  • I closed the game and logged back in a small while afterwards, only to see that the Helminth challenge was back apparently, as if it never completed. The Helminth itself was still fed from what I gave it earlier, which is understandable since that's not tied to Nightwave specifically. But upon giving it another resource, on-screen the challenge shows it's completed, but again no standing awarded.

Not to mention that on the mobile app, Nightwave is still not displaying, even though we've moved onto the week after it went live on the rest of the platforms;

I'm hoping these things can be fixed soon (Just as much as I'd like to see Teshin's Steel Path Honors' weekly item added to the "Activities" section of the app!).

1 hour ago, _Amun-Ra_ said:

this is just unfair i have missions that are legit impossible to do like the profit taker one because i cant get enough standing to actually unlock it in time....

In time for what? Last intermission lasted for more than a half year. You have enough time for everything. If you don't know it yet - there's catch-up mechanic for weekly challenges.

Edited by alce00
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, (PSN)drpunk-yo said:

Logged in this morning and I've somehow completed the 3 sorties Elite challenge but my ranking score hasn't changed. Missing out on 7000 score is a bit more annoying. Weekly exterminate challenge is at 2 of 3 completed as well and I've not played a single mission yet this week.

The same happened to me.  It auto-completed (without points) my 3 exterminates, 30 eximus and 10 syndicate missions.  It also gave me credit for a sortie that I never ran... I'm 2/3 in that one instead of 1/3 where I should be.

FWIW, I opened a support ticket on this but have gotten no response on that yet to no real surprise.

For further visibility, I wanted to link a post I made on the new Switch update thread, regarding the "Feed the Beast" Nightwave act!

TL ; DR:
The day after I initially completed the Feed the Beast challenge, I noticed my standing increase by the 1,500 amount from that challenge after that next daily login reset. I'm guessing it still keeps track of the fact you did do the challenge, even if you log out & back in before your next daily reset.

• I still think it needs to be 4,500 if it's intended to be a weekly challenge (This reminds me of a challenge that involved Railjack Crewships where the standing was more than intended, but I can't recall what the challenge was exactly), for consistency. If that change was implemented, should the 3,000 standing difference be added to everyone who did the challenge? I'd leave that up to DE staff I think :)

• Aside from that, I'm wondering if one reason why it's a weekly challenge is to give some players time to craft the Helminth Segment?

Hopefully this'll help people who're having some issues with the challenge, so they know what might be going on with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

I do wish intermission had a couple more weeks, us rather...less than pro players can't get all the ranks in 7 weeks...

Where did you hear that Intermission III will be ending in a few weeks?

5 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

I do wish intermission had a couple more weeks, us rather...less than pro players can't get all the ranks in 7 weeks...

No end date has been announced, or even hinted at. Most likely, we've got probably until May, at the absolute earliest. If you do EVERY single challenge in a week (7,000 from dailies, 22,500 from weeklies, 14,000 from elite weeklies) that's 43,500 standing, and each rank is 10,000. It would be a minimum of seven weeks to get to rank 30, and we literally just hit week 4. For the last two nightwaves, they went so long DE had to raise the cap on bonus ranks, and people STILL hit the raised cap.

I don't know where you heard Nightwave would end after seven weeks. I suspect either you or your source got confused by how long it would take to rush Rank 30. If you're worried about standing, four of this week's events and one elite can be down in less than an hour. Use 3 forma (literally seconds), do 3 nightmare missions (depends on RNG, but can be done in less than 15 minutes), socket 3 Ayatan sculptures (RNG/market dependent on having them, but also seconds), do a sortie (15-30 minutes, team/skill depending), and kill 100 Steel Path enemies (run E Prime a couple of times, less than ten minutes. Or do Dakata on Kuva Fortress with Ivara and scan enemies to cap your Simaris standing for the day, too.)

You have plenty of time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-08 at 10:37 AM, (PSN)drpunk-yo said:

And it's still buggy! I also noticed no-one ever responded to the multiple bug reports over the feed the beast challenge. FYI I found out the only way to complete that was to do a mission after feeding it.

Back on point though, are we going to get response as to any nightwave issues players are facing, especially automatically completed challenges with no standing rewarded? I myself have lost out on daily standing, and my partner has had to do a challenge twice, and my clan mate has lost out on his collect rare mods this week as it was complete upon login. Unless we're somehow messing with our data to sabotage ourselves, which in itself is preposterous and stupid, this is in no way our fault as apparently claimed by support.