Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Ironbride should be able to do damage to enemy necramechs

(PSN)RookTheKnight

14 minutes ago, (PSN)RookTheKnight said:

Bonewidow's sword can't hit Necramech weakpoints with any level of reliability, but they can combo her down no problem, regardless of whether she has her Shield Maiden up. Ironbride is already worse than Arquebex in pretty much every measurable way, it's just insulting for her to be THIS bad against enemy mechs.

I mean, if you judge it based on damage numbers then yes Arquebex is universally better. But you forget that enemies do not have 1 million health. Iron Bride effectively kills enemies without much issue. It also can be used with more consistent damage reduction and better energy regeneration management. 

I do agree that using Iron Bride against enemy necramechs is a pain but it should not necessarily be able to do everything Arequebex can do. It is a similar argument to something like "Please buff my sword because it can't hit flying enemies as well as my gun". Arquebex is better at killing enemy necramechs because Iron Bride isn't really an intended option. Thankfully you have access to primary weapons that can take out necramechs without much trouble and a slew of warframe+weapon options that do it without issue.

Inaros cannot nuke enemies like Saryn can.

Saryn can't heal like Oberon can.

Voidrig can't move while using the ultimate, like Bonewidow can...

Bonewidow can't effectively kill enemy necramechs like Voidrig can.

Warframe is not, nor has it ever been, a game where all frames/weapons are able to do all things equally.

A lot of enemies like the Necramechs can't be reliably damaged by melee unless it's a gunblade. It's like that even for standard melee [against mechs], to reliably hit them you would have to use aerial attacks, but why bother when you can just heavy attack with a gunblade, or shoot them.

19 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Ironbride does work, but you need to take out both arms first for melee weapons to work.

Its Slash procs and Heat procs also damages hostile Necramechs quite fine. Just need to mod for that Status chance. Hostile Voidrigs will die faster due to having lower Health and Armor (only applies to Heat procs if possible) than hostile Bonewidows. Combined with Shield Maiden, you can literally slash-and-dash around the hostile Necramechs as Bonewidow.

IMO our necramechs should not have to hit enemy necramech hitpoints in general, not just ironbride. Not only would that solve the bad feeling of enemy mechs being able to gobble up your mech with nothing your mech can do to them, it would also give necramechs a reason to exist without being absolutely forced on people by the a mission like orphix venom.

Archived